green card in 3months in dallas

Hi ALL,

Can someone tell me how can we find our congressman,I live in Corpus christi,TX and I had interview in San antonio, and have my name check pending.Thank you

Here is how to contact your congressman...
EricNeesGC said:
dfwgc and butterfly_azul,

You can go to http://www.house.gov/writerep/ and enter your address to find out who your congressman is. You can also write to them from the same web page. You will have to know your 9 digit (5 + 4) zip code which you can get from usps.com.

I am not sure how much they will be able to help. In my case, their assessment of my case was not any different from mine.

Good Luck

Eric

dfwgc said:
I received an email last night(3-1-06) stating that : This case has been approved.....
This is for I130 but for 485 it says that cannot find it in system.
Is this it? Does this mean I am about to get my green card? How long does it usually take?
This forum has been very helpful and I pray that all of you get your cases approved ASAP! All of you have been very helpful esp. Ericneesgc who always has an answer for everyone. Thanx. I discovered about Dora on this forum and it worked for me. Here is my timeline
Applied thru DORA 6-20-05
Figerprints 8-17-05
fingerprints received 8-23-5
Case approved email 3-1-06
COuntry of citizenship : Pakistan
Good Luck all!

dfwgc, congratulations on your approval. I am honored by your comments.

By the way, did you ever contact your congressman?

EricNeesGC Can you please Help

Hello EricNeesGC

I have been following this thread for long and although I never commented or replied, today I need your opinion as you seem to know the most about the DORA process.

Here is my case:

1. Married to USC Mar 2004
2. Filed I130/I485 December 2004, completed interview and done FP
subsequently under DORA programme
3. Received Letter in Jan 2005 for getting EAD
4. 1st EAD approved Feb 2005
5. Made enquiry Jan 2006 for Case Status -- Outside processing time
6. Subsequently Applied for 2nd EAD in Feb 2006
7. Received FP notice for I-485 and EAD in Feb 2006
8. Completed FP March 1st week.

9. Received an email on March 1st today from "USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov"

"Your case is currently in suspense until the interview date."
Is anyone else in the same BOAT as I AM?

I called USCIS hotline number and that person id not know what this email was about. My lawyer does not know what this email is about

Can anyone please provide some educated opinion. I have no idea what to expect

Thanks

Yes I did contact the congressman. I emailed his office thru the website. Mine is the same as yours. But I received the approval email from uscis a day after someone from the congressmans office called us. and today i receved an email from marchant's office(3-3-06) saying
The Dallas District office has informed me that the I-485 for _____ was granted on 2-16-06. The data has been sent over to the print server, but the actual card has not yet been produced. You should expect to receive the card in the mail in the very near future. If you have not received the card within 30 days, please contact me and I will follow-up with the appropriate officials.
So hopefully i should receive it soon.
Thanx again

Out of DORA?

So disappointed in the DORA process..

November 14, 2005 - DORA interview
December 13, 205 - FP done
70 Day letter in the mail - January 2006

NO news since..
SO, does that mean that we have fallen out of the DORA program? What timeline should I look at now? Current 485 Cases show January 2005 - Does that mean I have to wait 11 more months until Nov 2005 becomes current?

Status Adjustment

Hi all,
My wife and I have an ppointment scheduled for later this month - we've actually been married for over a year now, but have been lazy about taking care of the green card since she is here on a work visa and content with her employer (up till now).

The reason we're finally taking care of it is my wife has a job offer that she's not eligible for on her H1B. Does anyone know if the DORA process is like getting a work visa, where you're allowed to start working once the application is recieved? Or do you have to wait for the visa to arrive before you can start working? In which case, can you also show up with an I765 Employment Authorization and have that filed the same day too?

dfwgc said:
Yes I did contact the congressman. I emailed his office thru the website. Mine is the same as yours. But I received the approval email from uscis a day after someone from the congressmans office called us. and today i receved an email from marchant's office(3-3-06) saying
The Dallas District office has informed me that the I-485 for _____ was granted on 2-16-06. The data has been sent over to the print server, but the actual card has not yet been produced. You should expect to receive the card in the mail in the very near future. If you have not received the card within 30 days, please contact me and I will follow-up with the appropriate officials.
So hopefully i should receive it soon.
Thanx again
Interesting. I have not received any reply from Marchant's office since I contacted him 3 weeks ago. How long did it take them to contact you? My contact person in his oiffice is is Amanda. Is she your contact person also?

I never called just sent a message via the website. I actually I wrote twice..once more than 2 months ago and once after you did( as you mentioned in one of your posts ). I thought the first time I did something wrong so I contacted them again. So I dont know to which one they responded. Anyways someone from their office called and my husband faxed them the letters they ask for. And yes the email I received is from Amanda.
Hope you hear from them soon.
Good Luck

dfwgc said:
I never called just sent a message via the website. I actually I wrote twice..once more than 2 months ago and once after you did( as you mentioned in one of your posts ). I thought the first time I did something wrong so I contacted them again. So I dont know to which one they responded. Anyways someone from their office called and my husband faxed them the letters they ask for. And yes the email I received is from Amanda.
Hope you hear from them soon.
Good Luck
Thanks...I did hear from the congressman's office yesterday saying that they are still waiting on USCIS to reply to the request. Well..atleast someone is providing good customer service to people who they don't expect to vote for the next 3 - 4 years :)

Hopefully, all our cases will be solved soon.

Thanx Thanx Thanx
I am actually praying for all of you...coz I know the feeling when someone used to get approved you wished you would be next. Hopefully all of you will get approved soon. Just think it could be ANY day!!! Just hang in there.
My timeline
Interview(DORA) 6/20/05
Fingerprints 8/17/05
Fingerprints recived 8/23/05
Approved (email)I130 3/1/06
Approved (email)I485 3/7/06
Good Luck

What did you write in the email?

Hi dfwgc,
Congratulations!

May I enquire what did you write in the email to the Congressman? Who is the Congressman for your area? Where can I find the Congressman for Irving or Dallas? Please advise. Thanks.

Here is how to contact your Congressman
EricNeesGC said:
dfwgc and butterfly_azul,

You can go to http://www.house.gov/writerep/ and enter your address to find out who your congressman is. You can also write to them from the same web page. You will have to know your 9 digit (5 + 4) zip code which you can get from usps.com.

I am not sure how much they will be able to help. In my case, their assessment of my case was not any different from mine.

Good Luck

Eric

to jontymorgan,
Did you walk in for fp?didn,t they ask you for an appointment letter?on website and NOA they say we must wait for an appointment letter for fp.Which ASA has less rush and at what time?

perrysallas said:
to jontymorgan,
Did you walk in for fp?didn,t they ask you for an appointment letter?on website and NOA they say we must wait for an appointment letter for fp.Which ASA has less rush and at what time?

I just walked in without receiving an appointment letter. The official at the ASC office said that as long as you have a Notice of Action they will process your fingerprints without an appointment letter (I still haven't received an appointment letter and I am at day 70 since application). I would recommend going to the ASC Dallas office at 3701 W Northwest Hwy. I arrived about 2pm and there were only 3-4 people in line. The whole process from arrival to departure took around 15 minutes. I showed my NOA, was asked to complete a short form and showed my photo ID. After a five minute wait, I was taken through to the fingerprinting section (fingerprints are taken electronically). Five minutes later I was finished.

I called the National Service Center last week (on a different matter) and they confirmed that they received my fingerprints.

to jontymorgan

To jontymorgan
thanks for your help.
jontymorgan said:
I just walked in without receiving an appointment letter. The official at the ASC office said that as long as you have a Notice of Action they will process your fingerprints without an appointment letter (I still haven't received an appointment letter and I am at day 70 since application). I would recommend going to the ASC Dallas office at 3701 W Northwest Hwy. I arrived about 2pm and there were only 3-4 people in line. The whole process from arrival to departure took around 15 minutes. I showed my NOA, was asked to complete a short form and showed my photo ID. After a five minute wait, I was taken through to the fingerprinting section (fingerprints are taken electronically). Five minutes later I was finished.

I called the National Service Center last week (on a different matter) and they confirmed that they received my fingerprints.

Advance Parole - 70 day letter

I have just received my 70 day with an appointment for getting an Employment Authorization at 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway in 2 weeks. Can I get my Advance Parole at the same time as no mention is made of it on the letter? I am planning to travel home in May for a visit as I have important family commitments.

Thanks - jonty

3/13/06 - 70 day letter received