green card in 3months in dallas

dfwgc said:
Hi all
Finally after 4 months mt LUD changed from 9/6/05 to 1/17/06. Hope some good news coming my way. I changed my address with USCIS...could that be the reason why LUD changed, that they changed my address on file???
Hey DFW_GC,

Yes that could be the reason. I changed my address with USCIS on December 23th. I received a notice on January 3rd that my address has been changed. On the same day (jan 3rd) my LUD changed to 1/3/2006. I am not sure why the notice was sent before the update was done on my file (ofcourse notice went out before 1/3/06 since I received it on 1/3/06).

I called the USCIS CSR but they were not able to give me any update. They did not know why the status was updated on 1/3/06. Funney eh...

In any case, I think change of address does change your LUD but does not send any emails or updates the status of the application.

True Ericneesgc...For a moment I was very happy that atleast something is happening ut then thought that probably LUD changed bcoz of address change. And yes you are right I didnt receive any email either.
Do you think country of origin makes difference in how long it takes???

dfwgc said:
True Ericneesgc...For a moment I was very happy that atleast something is happening ut then thought that probably LUD changed bcoz of address change. And yes you are right I didnt receive any email either.
Do you think country of origin makes difference in how long it takes???
I am not sure what makes the difference in the name check. I think its their gut feelings. I know someone from the same country as I am (Pakistan) get his process approved within 6 months. I know its a mystry what they do and how they determine someone to be a threat.

I did hear at one time (don't remember the source) that FBI used to keep files with HIT aside instead of working on them. Now they have picked up those old files and are trying to clear them up. Hopefully all our cases will be solved soon.

Hopefullyyy....
Good to hear that someone from Pakistan got approved in 6 months. It has been 7 months for me today.
What is HIT?

sunny_27713 said:
HI, I am new to this board - Been scared reading all of the delays in DORA!

Dora appt: 11/14/2005
Fingerprinting: 12/13/2005

Although, it's been almost a month, the online case status somehow keeps showing what seems to be a generic msg that Your application has been received and you have been given a receipt. These cases take 120-180 days! I thought the DORA program is supposed to complete in 90 days time.

Does anyone know how long it should take for the web to update. Should I try calling a number to see why the status hasn't changed? Is there a number to call?

My husband and I were hoping to travel outside the country in March and wanted to know chances of having the GC by then. Also, if we do get a 70 day letter, can I apply for Advanced Parole or is that not recommended?

Sunny_27713,

Since your case should be 70 days today, and have you hear anything from INS? Does your LUD change to reflect the FP result?

dfwgc said:
Hopefullyyy....
Good to hear that someone from Pakistan got approved in 6 months. It has been 7 months for me today.
What is HIT?
Got it...sorry..I thought you meant H.I.T.

70 day letter

I got the 70 day letter in the mail saying that the application cannot be completed in 90 days so I can apply for EAD:(
Does anyone know what the process is now? Do I still stay in the DORA program and get to the same priority as non-Dora? What can be the expected time line to get GC from now? No update on the web about my FP status either.

sunny_27713 said:
I got the 70 day letter in the mail saying that the application cannot be completed in 90 days so I can apply for EAD:(
Does anyone know what the process is now? Do I still stay in the DORA program and get to the same priority as non-Dora? What can be the expected time line to get GC from now? No update on the web about my FP status either.

Hi, sunny_27713,

Good to know you got 70 days letter, so you will have EAD soon, please post your experience after you get your EAD. Good Luck.

Also, does your 70 days letter also allow you to apply AP?

Some people in this forum even got approved with 90 days after they got 70 days letter. So you are still on the DORA program.

I have no update on the web about my FP status either since I had FP done last year. :confused:

USCIS Announces FBI Name Check Expedite Criteria

Eric, K1_Visa,

Any updated information on your cases?

Today I found the ""USCIS Announces FBI Name Check Expedite Criteria"

http://www.cohenlaw.com/WebSite/cgreview.nsf/0/bc004901b27ef6f5852570c800711b29?OpenDocument

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("CIS") recently published the criteria which must be satisfied to expedite an FBI name check. According to the publication, an FBI name check (which must be completed before the CIS can issue nearly any immigration benefit) will be expedited only in the following situations:
* Imminent military deployment
* Required by lawsuit pending in federal court
* Required for permanent residence case pending before an Immigration Judge
* Other compelling reasons as provided by the requesting office (e.g., critical medical condition). Each request under this procedure will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Does any one of these "FBI Name Check Expedite Criteria" apply to you?

Let us hope for the best ... :)

wenxing said:
Eric, K1_Visa,

Any updated information on your cases?

Today I found the ""USCIS Announces FBI Name Check Expedite Criteria"

http://www.cohenlaw.com/WebSite/cgreview.nsf/0/bc004901b27ef6f5852570c800711b29?OpenDocument

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("CIS") recently published the criteria which must be satisfied to expedite an FBI name check. According to the publication, an FBI name check (which must be completed before the CIS can issue nearly any immigration benefit) will be expedited only in the following situations:
* Imminent military deployment
* Required by lawsuit pending in federal court
* Required for permanent residence case pending before an Immigration Judge
* Other compelling reasons as provided by the requesting office (e.g., critical medical condition). Each request under this procedure will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Does any one of these "FBI Name Check Expedite Criteria" apply to you?

Let us hope for the best ... :)
wenxing,

Thanks for the update. None of these apply to me. This update is heartbreaking because it will delay all of our cases further. People will use the above criteria to push FBI to clear their names and consequently it will delay our procesing time.

Again, the saga continues...

Would you please answer my question? Thanks !

Could some one tells me when is the easliest time to be eligible for applying for emergency EAD under DORA program? Is after 70th days & before 90th
days qualify for emergency EAD?

The company interviewed me is going to offer me a job, but I didn't tell him that I haven't got my working permit, and I am worrying about soon they'll find out ...

I am anxiously waiting for someone answering my question. Thank you very much for your attention !

wenxing said:
Could some one tells me when is the easliest time to be eligible for applying for emergency EAD under DORA program? Is after 70th days & before 90th
days qualify for emergency EAD?

The company interviewed me is going to offer me a job, but I didn't tell him that I haven't got my working permit, and I am worrying about soon they'll find out ...

I am anxiously waiting for someone answering my question. Thank you very much for your attention !
On your 70th day letter, they will give you a date and time to come and get your interim EAD. The whole process will take 30 minutes but add wait time to it and you are looking at around 2 - 3 hours.

Eric,

Thank you very much for your response. It seems I have to wait for the 70th day letter in order to get my EAD. What are the acceptable reasons that we might apply for emergency EADs? For example, if someone hold H-1B visa and unfortunately lost his/her job, does USCIS allow him/her to apply for the EAD immediately? Because, if not, he / she will out of state after lost the job.

You help many people in this forum, and I am sure the God know that and will help you someday soon. Have you received your renewed EAD card yet ?

Any updated for those who are still waiting? Butterfly_Azul, k1_visa, jontymorgan, dfwgc ......

Let us keep smile :) keep pray :) and hope for our best ... :)

6 months since the interview/ 5 and half months since FP

never updated in the online USCIS page.

tired of waiting :confused:

wenxing said:
Eric,

Thank you very much for your response. It seems I have to wait for the 70th day letter in order to get my EAD. What are the acceptable reasons that we might apply for emergency EADs? For example, if someone hold H-1B visa and unfortunately lost his/her job, does USCIS allow him/her to apply for the EAD immediately? Because, if not, he / she will out of state after lost the job.

You help many people in this forum, and I am sure the God know that and will help you someday soon. Have you received your renewed EAD card yet ?

Any updated for those who are still waiting? Butterfly_Azul, k1_visa, jontymorgan, dfwgc ......

Let us keep smile :) keep pray :) and hope for our best ... :)

Still Waiting After One Year

Hello Wenxing and everyone else,
Well, yes unfortunately my husband is STILL waiting for that GC. It has a been a full year in Jan. 11 I believe, that we went for the DORA interview. As well as a year in Feb. 14 that he had his FP done. The USCIS online, (which I check regularly) just continues to say that "on Feb. 14 they received his FP at that process has resumed" blah,blah,blah. I'm sooo tired of waiting it is very frustrating. My husband NEVER received a 70th or 90th day letter. It's as if they have forgotten or maybe lost our case. My husband did apply and recieved an EAD. That helped out to ease the anxiety and frustration of this waiting game. Anyhow, let us not lose hope and continue to pray, for all this is in God's hands.

dora

hi everyone, this is my first time here, so hello to u all. I was wondering if someone could help me answering some of my questions.
I applied my I-485 through the dora program on the 16th dec 05, got a letter stating that they have received everything on the 27th dec.
I still havent got any information regarding my finger printing. according to my understanding or what the interviewer told me was that withing two to four weeks i will be getting a letter stating where i should go and get my f/p taken.
Also i need to go out of the country in the coming month, what are the necessary steps that i should take.
Can i apply for my EAD prior.

thank u all in advance.
tash

DORA please help

I am new to this thread , I started following it few weeks back. I need some helpful advice from someone who has experience with DORA

DORA interview date : 11/8/05

Fingerprinted date: 11/29/05

Recieved a notice dated 1/18/06 stating my application to adjust to perm status has been inititiated , but may not be completed in time. It allowed me to apply for work permit on 2/3/06.

I already have a work permit from 3/15/2004 (renewed one time) based on my employers pending 485 application(fingerprinted twice for it ,I-140 approved, might be stuck in retrogression or something). My wife recently naturalized and applied for me as the employment based one is taking forever. We are married for 6 yrs now, (at that time my wife was a gc holder).

Anyhow I went ahead and applied and obtained work permit on 2/3/06 so it'll give me a chance to find out my status.During that time, I asked the officer at the window the status of my case. He said they are doing an extended review. I asked how long would it take, he did not have a specific answer for that , and gave a generic answer.( he said the way the pilot works , it might had been approved today or yesterday, my computer might not had been updated) . I asked him if my background checks are complete, he looked at a paper and said apparently they are complete.

My question to someone who had talked with the officers at the window of EAD application is "do they have any knowledge on the case or do they all give just generic replies?". I did not understand what he meant when he said "apparently the background check is complete"(does he know about it ?). Also he did not answer my question on what an extended review is ?

I need to decide on taking up a job offer or not (it is contract to hire and in a month, with a gc required at the time of hire, they do not accept EAD status), if anyone can provide me any idea how long an extended reiview takes I greatly appreciate it.. By the way my online status never changed, it said they recieved my application on nov15 and it takes 120-180 days to adjust status.

p3ac3fu! : Last time i went to N. Stemmon the lady at the window just told me that my Name Check is still Pending.

Butterfly Azul: Have you ever been told why your case is taking so long?

Eric: Can you make an inquiry now to INS since guess your 6 months ban have expired? Do you know an alternative way of knowing how's your case going besides calling the 800 number? I am trying to find the MSC phone number but...I can't find it.

Good luck for everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: