green card in 3months in dallas

jontymorgan said:
I have just received my 70 day with an appointment for getting an Employment Authorization at 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway in 2 weeks. Can I get my Advance Parole at the same time as no mention is made of it on the letter? I am planning to travel home in May for a visit as I have important family commitments.

Thanks - jonty

3/13/06 - 70 day letter received
Yes you can apply for it at the same time. Make sure you have all paperwork and correct fees ready. Also, for EAD, you don't need to take pictures. They will take your picture and give you EAD on the spot. I am not sure if the same goes for AP since I did not apply for it.

Ead

Did anyone of you guys get the EAD on the same day. I have the 70 day letter but never used it as thought I will get approved. Now I havent heard anything back yet and want to start work. When I went there they told me to apply through the website. I know that will take 90 days or more. Did anyone of you guys apply and get the EAD on the same day?

DORA delays

Yes, don't count on your green card coming before May. We filed the DORA on 11/14 - we were hoping to travel in March, but we got the 70 day letter in the end of January and even though it is almost April, we have heard nothing at all about the green card. BTW, once you did your finger prints, were they updated on the uscis.gov website? Our status has not changed since the very first interview.

Good luck with the AP!

jontymorgan said:
I have just received my 70 day with an appointment for getting an Employment Authorization at 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway in 2 weeks. Can I get my Advance Parole at the same time as no mention is made of it on the letter? I am planning to travel home in May for a visit as I have important family commitments.

Thanks - jonty

NO update on uscis website

I did not apply for EAD in Feb - we don't really need EAD, but have been waiting for the green card to travel outside the country. We did not want to apply for AP either since we thought we would wait it out. However, it seems like an endless wait and no updates on the website case status either since the FP in mid December:((

wenxing said:
Hi, sunny_27713,

Good to know you got 70 days letter, so you will have EAD soon, please post your experience after you get your EAD. Good Luck.

Also, does your 70 days letter also allow you to apply AP?

Some people in this forum even got approved with 90 days after they got 70 days letter. So you are still on the DORA program.

I have no update on the web about my FP status either since I had FP done last year. :confused:

sunny_27713 said:
Yes, don't count on your green card coming before May. We filed the DORA on 11/14 - we were hoping to travel in March, but we got the 70 day letter in the end of January and even though it is almost April, we have heard nothing at all about the green card. BTW, once you did your finger prints, were they updated on the uscis.gov website? Our status has not changed since the very first interview.

Good luck with the AP!

I am going on Monday to get my EAD and AP. My status has not changed since the first interview and there was no update for receipt of my fingerprints. My LUD is still 01/19/2006 and has not changed either. However, I know my fingerprints have been received because I called the NSC phone number to check. I happened to speak to an immigration lawyer yesterday and he said that the majority of the delays to cases are due to the FBI name check. In general, the more common name you have the longer it takes.

I'll let you know how the AP goes on Monday.

1/3/06 - dora interview
1/11/06 - NOA (I-130 & I-485) received
1/18/08 - Fingerprints taken
4/3/06 - appointment for EAD & AP

Lud

hello,
I had interveiw on 3/2/06 my LUD on line was changed on 3/12/06 then on 3/14/06 and then on 3/18/06.I had FP done on 3/16/06.My LUD was changed 3times in a week is this normal?

Hi Jonty,
Hope your EAD and AP appointments went well. You mentioned that your lawyer said that the majority of delays to cases are due to pending FBI name checks. Do you know if the FBI name check is done locally in Dallas and if there is a way to enquire if that has been processed:

http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm#t

has a list of fbi offices.

jontymorgan said:
I am going on Monday to get my EAD and AP. My status has not changed since the first interview and there was no update for receipt of my fingerprints. My LUD is still 01/19/2006 and has not changed either. However, I know my fingerprints have been received because I called the NSC phone number to check. I happened to speak to an immigration lawyer yesterday and he said that the majority of the delays to cases are due to the FBI name check. In general, the more common name you have the longer it takes.

I'll let you know how the AP goes on Monday.

1/3/06 - dora interview
1/11/06 - NOA (I-130 & I-485) received
1/18/08 - Fingerprints taken
4/3/06 - appointment for EAD & AP

sunny_27713 said:
Hi Jonty,
Hope your EAD and AP appointments went well. You mentioned that your lawyer said that the majority of delays to cases are due to pending FBI name checks. Do you know if the FBI name check is done locally in Dallas and if there is a way to enquire if that has been processed:

http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm#t

has a list of fbi offices.

I got both my EAD and AP on the spot with no problems. The whole process took about three hours. For anyone going to apply for AP with their EAD, although you do not need to bring photographs for your EAD (they take your photo there), you need to bring 2 photographs for AP.

sunny_27713: In answer to your question, my lawyer did not mention where the FBI checks are done and whether they can be enquired into. Sorry.
He did mention that he currently has a case where the FBI name check has been outstanding for 3 years, so in extreme cases like that it may be possible to make an equiry.

Confused Need Help !!!

Hi Folks,

My wife applied for her mom's gc and filed the I-130 and support documents.

So my mother-in-law had her interview in India and got her immigrant visa stamped. My question is this :

I know we have to file for AOS when she gets here but does she have to go through the interview and fingerprinting again ? She already went through the FP, Background check and interview in India U.S Consulate. Does she really need to redo it when she gets here ??

I'm based in dallas and do know that there is a Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment program designed for a 90 day turn around so will definitely set up appointment for AOS for her.

What is the process when she gets here and approximately how long does it take ?

Thanks In advance,

- Muni

Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In mid-march, my wife went to talk to the uscis people. After several minutes of trying to figure out whats going on with the case, She was told that they will speak to their supervisor and give him all the relevant documents needed.

I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks. I have found a job and am required to show proof that I can work in the U.S. We decided to make another infopass appointment to try and get an EAD so I can work.

When we got there we explained to her our situation. The officer was very nice and told us to wait. She went to the back while we waited. After about 15-20 min she came back and told us that we were approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a big relief. Finally we are approved.

The case was updated for the first time since we filed. It now says your welcome letter has been mailed. Now I guess I just have to sit and wait on the plastic.

I have been a follower of this thread for a while and wish everyone on this forum the very best of luck. You may not see it now but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And Eric I really hope you get approved very soon

Interview 5/31/05
FP 7/31/05
FP again 1/13/06
case approved on the website 4/10/06

DALLAS_NEWBIE said:
In mid-march, my wife went to talk to the uscis people. After several minutes of trying to figure out whats going on with the case, She was told that they will speak to their supervisor and give him all the relevant documents needed.

I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks. I have found a job and am required to show proof that I can work in the U.S. We decided to make another infopass appointment to try and get an EAD so I can work.

When we got there we explained to her our situation. The officer was very nice and told us to wait. She went to the back while we waited. After about 15-20 min she came back and told us that we were approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a big relief. Finally we are approved.

The case was updated for the first time since we filed. It now says your welcome letter has been mailed. Now I guess I just have to sit and wait on the plastic.

I have been a follower of this thread for a while and wish everyone on this forum the very best of luck. You may not see it now but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And Eric I really hope you get approved very soon

Interview 5/31/05
FP 7/31/05
FP again 1/13/06
case approved on the website 4/10/06
Dallas_Newbie,

Congratulations!!! That was wierd though. Do you know what happened? Who did she talk to or what the hold up was for your case? What did you tell the officer at the window outside the immigration office. For the last 2 appointments I have made, the officer did not even let me go it. He just told me that my question is not important enough that I have to go in and to come back after 6 monhts :(

If you can give me some idea as to what you said at the window and/or what you told the officer inside and what the holdup was, I may be able pursue my case.

Thanks a bunch and congratulation.

Hello everyone!

I have been following this board for a couple of weeks and the information here has been outstanding. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed helpful information so that others can be helped. I have been in the DORA program for about 6 weeks and hope that the 90 day program will work for me as well. My timeline is as follows:
DORA Filed - 03/09/2006
FP - 04/14/2006
no status change for receipt of FP
currently waiting..... :(

hi tony
did u wait for yr fp appointment or just walked in for fp?
I HAD INTERVIEW ON 3/2/06 AND FP ON 3/16/06 WALKED IN BUT NO STATUS CHANGE ONLINE YET
tony_023 said:
Hello everyone!

I have been following this board for a couple of weeks and the information here has been outstanding. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed helpful information so that others can be helped. I have been in the DORA program for about 6 weeks and hope that the 90 day program will work for me as well. My timeline is as follows:
DORA Filed - 03/09/2006
FP - 04/14/2006
no status change for receipt of FP
currently waiting..... :(

Still Waiting

Hi Guys............. Am still hanging in, Applied for green card thru DORA in October 2004........never received 70 day letter, made an appointment and work in ton Dallas INS got same day approval of EAD, renewed it again last month, got a new one in mail.........book another appoinment to ask why case is still pending......the officer in the 8101 stemmons frwy told me that its still pening, i ask if my Name check has been received she said yes, i ask esle is holding it, she said she does not know...........that she is going to send a reminder to the Adjurdication officer that interview me..........am tired of waiting

Still Waiting

Hi Guys............. Am still hanging in, Applied for green card thru DORA in October 2004........never received 70 day letter, made an appointment and work in ton Dallas INS got same day approval of EAD, renewed it again last month, got a new one in mail.........book another appoinment to ask why case is still pending......the officer in the 8101 stemmons frwy told me that its still pening, i ask if my Name check has been received she said yes, i ask esle is holding it, she said she does not know...........that she is going to send a reminder to the Adjurdication officer that interview me..........am tired of waiting................Any advise?

Hi All,

I recently got married to a USC (I am currently on H1-B in Dallas), want to know if I can apply for the GC myself or do I have to go through lawyer?. Will the paper work be complicated that only lawyers can do it?.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!.

j4school said:
Hi Guys............. Am still hanging in, Applied for green card thru DORA in October 2004........never received 70 day letter, made an appointment and work in ton Dallas INS got same day approval of EAD, renewed it again last month, got a new one in mail.........book another appoinment to ask why case is still pending......the officer in the 8101 stemmons frwy told me that its still pening, i ask if my Name check has been received she said yes, i ask esle is holding it, she said she does not know...........that she is going to send a reminder to the Adjurdication officer that interview me..........am tired of waiting................Any advise?
My timeline is very close to yours. I applied in Nov 2004 and have not heard anything yet. You can contact congressman Kenny Marchant's office and talk to Amanda. They were not able to hlep me since my name check is still pending but they may be able to push for your case since your name check is complete.

racingdude said:
Hi All,

I recently got married to a USC (I am currently on H1-B in Dallas), want to know if I can apply for the GC myself or do I have to go through lawyer?. Will the paper work be complicated that only lawyers can do it?.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!.

The paper work is not at all complicated. You can download all the forms from the USCIS, fill them out completely and get an appointment for DORA at uscis.gov info pass and go for the interview with your spouse - But be ready to wait:) since the DORA program does not always guarantee GC in 90 days!

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Dallas_Newbie,

Congratulations!!! That was wierd though. Do you know what happened? Who did she talk to or what the hold up was for your case? What did you tell the officer at the window outside the immigration office. For the last 2 appointments I have made, the officer did not even let me go it. He just told me that my question is not important enough that I have to go in and to come back after 6 monhts :(

If you can give me some idea as to what you said at the window and/or what you told the officer inside and what the holdup was, I may be able pursue my case.

Thanks a bunch and congratulation.

Eric,
Thank you. The hold up in my case was the A#. I think I put my passport # as the A# on the forms. They kept telling us to wait. Finally, we sorted it out and put the two A #'s together. I did my fp twice and as late as March they kept telling me that the hold up was putting the A's together.
Finally, They approved my case this month so I am really happy about it.