green card in 3months in dallas

Wenxing,
I believe, LUD is "Last Update" also, if your case cannot be completed in the time expected they will send you a letter to apply for the EAD. You don't have to wait for the letter. You can go ahead and send in your application for the EAD. Although, it is best to wait and see if you are going to recieve a letter since getting your EAD takes up to 3 or 4 months.

dfwgc said:
No I didn't know that. All I did was filed AR11(mailed it). Also at the interview we mentioned to the officer that we might move. SO he said give me a copy of the AR11 when you file it. And so I did...in the drop box.
Please tell me if there is anything else I need to do.
Thanx alot for the help.
Call the customer service (800) 375-5283 and go to the change of address menu. Once the CSR answers, tell him/her that you need to change your address on pending applications. You should have all your application receipt numbers with you when you call. Once that is done, you will get a confirmation in the mail that your address was changed.

If you do not change your address on applications, all your mails for that application will be sent to the address on the application and not on AR-11.

Good Luck

DALFW said:
1. Why does it take so long for me to get the fp appointment after dora interview? It's almost 70 days.
2. If everything goes well and what 's kind of gc will be issued to me? Because our marriage last more than 2 yrs. Do we still get the gc with a condition?

1. I am not sure why it takes so long to get the FP appointment. However, if you can walk-in the ASC and chances are that they will fingerprint you on the spot.

2. You should get unconditional GC.

Thanks

Eric

wenxing said:
Hi, EricNeesGC ( or anyone who would like to tell me):

Would you mind I asking a silly question. What is "LUD changed" means ? I am new here, and would like to know more. Thanks in advance.

Also, does DORA will send 70 days notice for EAD application or we could just file EAD application without any letter from them.

Thank you so much for your time
LUD stands for Last Updated Date.

For DORA cases, you have to wait for the 70th day letter in order to file EAD. The letter will have a date and time to report to the INS office (the red brick office on Stemmons Freeway). If you do not get the 70th day letter, you will have to make an infopass appointment and ask them to issue you an EAD.

Thanx...I didn't know about calling. I will do it right away. I hope my mail didnt go to my old address....as I also never received the 70th day letter.
Thanx alot and goodluck!

Eric,

Since my case is taking really long i was wondering if you know how to renew my EAD and AP

Should I request that to chicago or make an infopass in N. Stemmons?

Thank

Fingerprinting done - web not updated?

HI, I am new to this board - Been scared reading all of the delays in DORA!

Dora appt: 11/14/2005
Fingerprinting: 12/13/2005

Although, it's been almost a month, the online case status somehow keeps showing what seems to be a generic msg that Your application has been received and you have been given a receipt. These cases take 120-180 days! I thought the DORA program is supposed to complete in 90 days time.

Does anyone know how long it should take for the web to update. Should I try calling a number to see why the status hasn't changed? Is there a number to call?

My husband and I were hoping to travel outside the country in March and wanted to know chances of having the GC by then. Also, if we do get a 70 day letter, can I apply for Advanced Parole or is that not recommended?

Thanks to all ya who have responsed with my case. K1_VISA, it is really annoying to know that Dora processed your case so slow. Did you walk into the N. Stemmon office and ask them why they delayed your case? Which phase r u at now?
I am scared too by the 70 days long waiting for the stupid fp. I've done so many times for all kinds of fps during the past 4 yrs to apply gc , EAD and K3 visa. I really need the gc to be issued quickly and smoothly this time. It took me 4 yrs to wait and all the delays cozed by their stupidlity.

GOOD LUCK To all those who need gc and still waiting for participating the dora program!

k1_visa said:
Eric,

Since my case is taking really long i was wondering if you know how to renew my EAD and AP

Should I request that to chicago or make an infopass in N. Stemmons?

Thank
I think for renewals, you have to e-file it or mail it to the lockbox. Walkins are not allowed for renewals. I did an e-file 2 months ago and have not heard anything yet. Hopefully, they send my card in before my EAD expires.

Sorry, I cannot be of much help until I see the results of my filing.

Question about Name Check is Pending ???

k1_visa said:
DALFW- They told me my name check is still pending
Eric-Thanks

Could someone tell me what are the main contents for the name check? It's related to immigration violation? criminal violation? or both? How far FBI will go back? 3 years, or 5 years? Does FBI checks the applicant background at his/her home country? or FBI only checks the U.S. background? I often see others say if married to USC, immigration violation is forgiving, What kind of immigration violation is forgiving? There are so many people name checking pending, I could not figure it out.

By the way, I have an extremely common both First name and Last Name, and when I try type my full name from "Google", and I could see there are pages and pages link they all call the same name, of course, I am one of these links ... ... Does that is a potential trouble?

Could someone have better understandings about name check pending? I know that sit and wait is the only choice now, but just would like to know why?

To K1_Visa

Sorry to know that you r stucked in the name check process. Would you mind to tell me where r u originally from? Did you do anything like complainning or keep walking in and inquiring about your status in the local office. Maybe it will help you somewhat. I was told to write complainning some letters to their headquarter or state government and sometime they just got tired of and want to get rid of your letters and willing to expedite your pending case. I am not quite asure if that will work out or not. But after I read your profile under the bottom, I feel very sorry for their slow :( work. How come they make your case so special and kept you waiting so long? Are they just retarded?

How to Read "Visa Bulletin"

Could someone kind enough to tell me how to read "Visa Bulletin", the link is:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2771.html

From my understanding, if married to USC, there is no visa number issue, it's always available once approved. But the following information showsing that something in section SECOND A like 77%, or 75%. Does that mean even one has been approved, if over 77%, he or she still need to wait ...... Does that has something to do with which country one is originaly coming from ......

I am so confused ... Thanks for your time. :confused:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation,

of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

Name Check is a National Security issue, so they can take all the time in the world. Many Agencies are involved , and no.... they are not retarded, they are smarter than one could think.

How long does it take to get case status online?

I had my DORA interview on Jan 3rd and received the NOA's on Jan 11th. How long does it take before you can access your case status online? I entered my application receipt number on the uscis website and got the following message:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.​

Thanks - jonty

takes a couple of week sometimes, dont worry

jontymorgan said:
I had my DORA interview on Jan 3rd and received the NOA's on Jan 11th. How long does it take before you can access your case status online? I entered my application receipt number on the uscis website and got the following message:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.​

Thanks - jonty

LUD changed

Hi all
Finally after 4 months mt LUD changed from 9/6/05 to 1/17/06. Hope some good news coming my way. I changed my address with USCIS...could that be the reason why LUD changed, that they changed my address on file???

Walk-in bio/fingerprints - no appointment needed

Following the advice of other users on this forum I decided to get my bio/fp done by walking in at ASC Dallas office at 3701 W Northwest Hwy.

I haven't even received my appointment form and I didn't make an appointment. I went to the ASC and showed my NOA (I-797C) and passport. I filled out a form and went straight through for my fingerprints and photo to be taken. There was no waiting and the whole process took 15 minutes.

The service was excellent and went so smoothly - I'm hoping the rest of the process goes equally well :D

jonty

1/3/06 - dora forms filed & interview
1/11/06 - NOA (I-130 & I-485) received
1/18/06 - Fingerprints/Bio done at Dallas ASC (walk-in - no appointment needed)