green card in 3months in dallas

DallasBM said:
Its quite annoying to see DORA cases outstanding for a year. How is this process faster than the regular route. People in some Districts are getting green cards in 6 months and some in San Antonio are even getting theirs in less than 90 days. What makes it worse is that they do not even attempt to communicate the reason for the delay.

I am a little worried about my husbands case. we are still on Day 54 but he is to start work the first week in Jan and i hope he can get his green card before then. WE have been thinking about applying for the EAD but we will wait past day 70.

Goodluck to everyone.
Yes, wait past 70 days because if your application is not approved, you are eligible to get your EAD on walk-in basis compared to applying and waiting for 90 days.

Eric and the rest of the DORa applicants ,

I was reading that you are stuck in the name check. How did you realize that you havent been approved becouse that reason?

I am afraid becouse its my 104 day since te dora interview and my on line status never changed. do you think that the delay is due background check?

Even though i received my EAD and my AP im not sure why this process is taking more than 90 days. I recived my 70th letter despite i did an early walk in for my FP so my fear now is that i am stuck in the name check or something like that ...

so... everyone who received the 70 day letter and did an early FP appointment and the cae is taking more than 90 days is becouse the backgroundcheck is pending?

sorry for my bad english , hope you could understand and thanks!

k1_visa said:
Eric and the rest of the DORa applicants ,

I was reading that you are stuck in the name check. How did you realize that you havent been approved becouse that reason?

I am afraid becouse its my 104 day since te dora interview and my on line status never changed. do you think that the delay is due background check?

Even though i received my EAD and my AP im not sure why this process is taking more than 90 days. I recived my 70th letter despite i did an early walk in for my FP so my fear now is that i am stuck in the name check or something like that ...

so... everyone who received the 70 day letter and did an early FP appointment and the cae is taking more than 90 days is becouse the backgroundcheck is pending?

sorry for my bad english , hope you could understand and thanks!
K1 Visa,

I did get the 70th day letter but did not walk in for the FP appointment. I was actually able to get an appointment on the very next day (things were easier in good o days). In any case, don't panic yet. I have seen people getting approved in 120 or 130 days also through DORA. You can find out if your name is stuck in name check by calling USCIS customer service.

i dont know if its to early to claim that my name check is stuck

Today i went to the Dallas Office and they told me my name is not cleared yet ( my FP are cleared)

i went to tthe ASC 3 months ago to do my Biometrics.

Considering that i am from south america and have an uncommon german surname....

Should i be worried now? :confused:

Can I travel after applying for GC under DORA with my H1B

I am sure this question has been asked before but I wanted to be absolutely sure. I applied for GC under the DORA program on Oct. 3, 2005. I am currently on H1B (I have a multiple entry stamp on my passport). Can I travel outside of US without Advance Parole? My lawyer says yes (not sure if I trust him anymore) but the immigration office who interviewed us mentioned that I will need to apply for AP before I leave.
I have two questions:
1) Can I still travel on valid H1B ?
2) If I cannot, is it too early to apply for AP since it has not been 70 days since I applied for GC.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

pincike74 said:
I am sure this question has been asked before but I wanted to be absolutely sure. I applied for GC under the DORA program on Oct. 3, 2005. I am currently on H1B (I have a multiple entry stamp on my passport). Can I travel outside of US without Advance Parole? My lawyer says yes (not sure if I trust him anymore) but the immigration office who interviewed us mentioned that I will need to apply for AP before I leave.
I have two questions:
1) Can I still travel on valid H1B ?
2) If I cannot, is it too early to apply for AP since it has not been 70 days since I applied for GC.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

pincike74

I dont know much about your type of Visa. Even though i have some knowlage leading with USCIS trying to get my GC using DORA. My friendly advice ( take it like it is, just an advice and not a legal consultant) is that you might get advance Parole if you have applied via DORA. most people who got AP and EAD using the DORA program received a letter asking them to apply for those documents in a particular day. If you havent received that letter . MAKE AN INFOPASS OR TRY TO DO A WALK IN TO the N. Stemmons building and ask the Advance Parole.

Good Luck

pincike74 said:
I am currently on H1B (I have a multiple entry stamp on my passport). Can I travel outside of US without Advance Parole?

Yes, you can! Your lawyer is right. Since H-1 is premised on dual intent, in contrast to other visas with nonimmigrant intent (e.g. F and J), you can keep and use the benefits of your H-1 status while your AOS is pending. Numerous people in your plight do this. In fact, a close friend of mine recently travelled abroad to a 'third' (nonresident) country and renewed his H-1 visa there while his AOS was still pending. (Why did he do this? His vacation trip abroad fell on the date when his H-1 was expiring. He hoped to get AOS approved via DORA by that time but it was not to be. So he renewed his H-1 at an embassy while vacationing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
K1_visa and anti-climacus,

Thank you very much for your responses. I am glad to know that I can stillt ravel on my H1B. I didn't want try and get AP 'casue it hasnt been 70 days since I applied.

Hello all -Happy Thanksgiving- :)

Ive been reading all the DORA's posts in this forum ( took me 3 hours :eek: )

It's sad to find out that the DORA / AOS approval can take from 60 days to more than a year.....

The good news is that ive received my 70th day letter and now i got EAD and AP.-

The reason for a long wait it seems to be due Name Check pending but there are other reasons based on administrative kaos.-

I went to N. Stemmons a week ago and they told me that my name check is still pending.

Can someone from this forum elight me if i should be consider my self to be stuck on the name check? My interview was august 5 and my Fingerprints were taken on october 24.

The anxiety is driving me crazy, hope you can share your experiences and give me some advices

Thanks

I had my interview on July 18 of this year and my FP results came back on Sept 28. Do they do a further name check after this?
Just wondering if mine is stuck too, or whether you guys haven't had your FP results yet.

HG

HappyGirl said:
I had my interview on July 18 of this year and my FP results came back on Sept 28. Do they do a further name check after this?
Just wondering if mine is stuck too, or whether you guys haven't had your FP results yet.

HG

FP and Name Check are completly diff.
You can still have to wait for your name to be cleared.

make an infopass appt. and ask. there's no phone line to ask bout your name check.
Happy girl; may i know if you have an unusual name and whats your country of birth?

Thanks for the quick reply! :)
No, I don't have an unusual name and I'm from the UK.
And, because I had to make an inquiry about my missing NOA (for the I-485), I'm not allowed to inquire again for another six months. :(
Oh well...

HappyGirl said:
And, because I had to make an inquiry about my missing NOA (for the I-485), I'm not allowed to inquire again for another six months. :(
Oh well...

Well, my name is also unusual and i am from Argentina.
I wish i knew why our cases are taking more than the average...

HappyGirl said:
Oh well...

Did you receive a letter that you are not allowed to inquire the USCIS? how's so?

The only way you can know if your name check is still pending is to e mail or fax the Federal B. I. .... they dont have a phone line for name check inquires.

Give me a day and ill find their e mail and fax.

Good luck

k1_visa said:
Did you receive a letter that you are not allowed to inquire the USCIS? how's so?

Yes. I made an infopass appointment to inquire about my missing NOA because I obviously couldn't make a FP appointment until I recieved it. I was given a letter stating that I couldn't inquire about my case for at least six months. :(
And thanks for taking the trouble to look for the email address. :)

HG

chand311 said:
Hi everyone,

I have got a mail from uscis today saying my petition for 485 has been approved and i am a conditional permenant resident as of July 27th.

My time time is as follows:
April 2004: Married to the most wonderful lady. We were living together for about 1.5yrs before we actually got married.

Total Time line : 83 days( 6th may 2004- july 29th 2004)

6th may 2004: Applied for 485 and 130 in person
-- had the interview for AOS the same day.

13th May 2004. Received Notice of action saying they have received my 485 and the 130. Asked me to schedule a fingerprint as soon as possible.

21st May 2004. Had my fingerprints.

June 1st: Online status changed. Said my fingerprint review has been completed and received and the processing has started on my case

July 29th: Received the notice saying my ADjustment of STatus has been Approved. Said the real greencard would arrive in 7-10 days and if i need proof i need to go to DAllas local office on WEdnesday between 7:30 and 1:00pm to get my passport stamped. Said that I am permenant resident starting from July 27th and I need to remove conditions between April 28th to July 27th of 2006.

The dallas pliot program rocks and they have kept their word that they would process greencard within 90days.

relation: F-1 status married to US citizen. ---------------------------------------------------

Just curious - was your I130 approved at the same time as your I485? I did the pilot program in NY a year ago- and both are still pending. We had our interview and it went well- she said she couldnt stamp the passport b/c of background checks. We called the FBI recently and my husband was clear as of oct. 2004- we dont know whats holding everything up. We made an infopass again- hopefully we'll get an answer

EricNeesGC said:
K1 Visa,

I did get the 70th day letter but did not walk in for the FP appointment. I was actually able to get an appointment on the very next day (things were easier in good o days). In any case, don't panic yet. I have seen people getting approved in 120 or 130 days also through DORA. You can find out if your name is stuck in name check by calling USCIS customer service.
Hi Ericneesgc
I tried calling USCIS customer service but they said they dont have any info about my case as it is under DORA so I will have to make infopass apptt. SO I dont know if my case is stuck in name check.
This is my first post but I have been following this thread for a long time. I am also from Pakistan and it has been 5 months since I applied under DORA. Had my fingerprints already and status online changed too.
Really desperate and hoping too.
I was noticing that it has been one year for you. Prayers and best wishes for you and everyone else too.

dfwgc said:
Hi Ericneesgc
I tried calling USCIS customer service but they said they dont have any info about my case as it is under DORA so I will have to make infopass apptt. SO I dont know if my case is stuck in name check.
This is my first post but I have been following this thread for a long time. I am also from Pakistan and it has been 5 months since I applied under DORA. Had my fingerprints already and status online changed too.
Really desperate and hoping too.
I was noticing that it has been one year for you. Prayers and best wishes for you and everyone else too.

None of the USCIS on the 1 800 will answer if your name check is stucked. Make an infopass and as thelady in the window

whats your on line status?

Good luck

k1_visa said:
None of the USCIS on the 1 800 will answer if your name check is stucked. Make an infopass and as thelady in the window

whats your on line status?

Good luck
Online status says that fingerprints were received on ---- and processing on your case has been resumed. It has been almost 3 months since the status changed.
My timeline
Interview 6/20/05
Fingerprints 8/17/05
Fingerprints result received 8/23/05
Last update on website 9/6/05

Any Updates

I made an infopass appointment and went to check on my case. It seems like they there was some confusion regarding the A number. The lady was very pleasant and said she will make an inquiry and we should hear back shortly. That was over a month ago still the website status has not changed. It does not even reflect that I took my fingerprint. So I guess its back to waiting......

Does anyone have any updates on their cases.

My Timeline
Interview 5/31/05
Fingerprint 7/28/05
Waiting.....