green card in 3months in dallas

tomparis said:
Sorry all you guys for stopped updating my case but here is my experience with DORA

I had my interview in January 7. Receive the letter for fingerprints on Jan 18. Got appointment for next day. Had case status updated on USCIS site on Jan 27 showing that fingerprints was received and case was resumed.Since then it didn’t change. I never received the 70th day letter and had to apply to AED by mail on May 8th.Got EAD on Jun 17th.I went 4 times to USCIS office in Dallas to inquire about my case all the times they told me that the FBI background check was the reason for the delay.The 4th time they gave that infamous letter “don’t bother us for six months”.Since then I have been getting several legal advices.All them saying basically the same thing “You have to wait, some cases can take years”. I thing only those that are in the same situation can understand how hard is to live with this anxiety. Finally in my case this ended today. I received an email from USCIS with my case approval after 10 months and 14 days

Eric and all others that are still waiting on background checks I wish you good luck. They are working slowly in some cases but look its still working. I wish you all got good news soon.

Dora interview: Jan 7 (I-130 I-486)
FP: Jan 18
FP updated on USCIS site on Jan 27
70th Day letter (never receive it)
EAD: (applied by mail. Got it 40 days latter on Jun 17)
Don’t bother us for 6 months letter: (got it in my 4th visit at USCIS office in June
Case approval email: Oct 21
Country of citizenship: Brasil

congratulations tom, boa sorte!

tomparis said:
Sorry all you guys for stopped updating my case but here is my experience with DORA

I had my interview in January 7. Receive the letter for fingerprints on Jan 18. Got appointment for next day. Had case status updated on USCIS site on Jan 27 showing that fingerprints was received and case was resumed.Since then it didn’t change. I never received the 70th day letter and had to apply to AED by mail on May 8th.Got EAD on Jun 17th.I went 4 times to USCIS office in Dallas to inquire about my case all the times they told me that the FBI background check was the reason for the delay.The 4th time they gave that infamous letter “don’t bother us for six months”.Since then I have been getting several legal advices.All them saying basically the same thing “You have to wait, some cases can take years”. I thing only those that are in the same situation can understand how hard is to live with this anxiety. Finally in my case this ended today. I received an email from USCIS with my case approval after 9 months and 14 days

Eric and all others that are still waiting on background checks I wish you good luck. They are working slowly in some cases but look its still working. I wish you all got good news soon.

Dora interview: Jan 7 (I-130 I-486)
FP: Jan 18
FP updated on USCIS site on Jan 27
70th Day letter (never receive it)
EAD: (applied by mail. Got it 40 days latter on Jun 17)
Don’t bother us for 6 months letter: (got it in my 4th visit at USCIS office in June
Case approval email: Oct 21
Country of citizenship: Brasil
Congratulation Tom.

piyalove said:
Hi Folks,

Just updating my experience with my EAD appointment I had yesterday. I went prepared to apply for EAD and AP.

My wife and I arrived at the 8101 N. Stemmons, Dallas office at 6.09am the security guard electronically stamped the letter (the letter said we must arrive between 6 to 6.30 am) we were went thru security check and x-ray scanners, just like at the airport.

The guard who was very pleasant. He instructed that we go to window #4 (the letter said window #1) we waited behind two people (non Indians, you will see the reason why I am writing this) infront of us. It took the officer only 2-3 minutes to clear up them. Now it's my turn.

I handed over my I-765 and I-131 along with two cashier's checks and passport, and the original letter to the Indian origin officer there.

After looking at all the papers, he was like scanning my Indian passport page by page (I have two passport joined together, because the older one has a valid indefinite visa for my residency). Then he asked me when did I first arrived in the USA? I said sometime in 1994. He then scanned my two passports. Looking at each page again with very suspicious eyes. My two passport have visa's and immigration stamps from over 35 countries, I could see his eye brows raising at some Visas and stamps.

Then he repeated the question, I said the same thing. He then asked me how did I maintain my status since then? I said, Sir, I have been travelling in and out of USA since then, it's only this year March 2005 I came, married my wife in April, apply thru DORA in July, he then asked for my DORA letter, luckily I had that letter with me. I handed over it to him.

He read the letter like a hawk looking for a prey! I had a bunch of papers from DORA with me he scanned each of them. It's amazing how he did looked at me then at the papers, then upto me and over and over again. I just stood there calm.

Then he asked where is the stamp of your most recent arrival in the USA, he handed me my passport and then I showed it to him. March 2005. He bluntly asked me where is my I-94? I replied, DORA officer took it from the passport.

The then said, he have to take some photocopies of my passport and will come back in a while. I stood there at the window and he returned after 10 minutes. He took my passport and the letter from DORA with him. After he returned, he said that his boss says that I cannot apply for AP because the letter says that I can only apply for EAD. I asked, Sir, may I apply for AP also? I dont mind applying. He bluntly replied, no. Then he said, please go and have a seat in the yellow chairs, your name will be called.

The whole process took us more than 30 minutes. I wonder what he was looking for? Other's infront of me had the same EAD forms and checks.

Anyway, we waited and waited, from 7.30 am we start seeing the staff workers coming. There was a crowd of more than 20 people in the yellow chairs and then the hall with people by 9.20 am.

It's was around 9.30 that a lady who we had seen coming in around 8.30 am called five people's name and asked them to follow her. Within 5 minutes they all came out with their EAD.

Then in the second batch my name was called at number 7. This batch also had five people. This very very pleasant Latina looking lady gave us all receipt of the money we paid for EAD. Then gave us white cards with name, date of birth and alien number written on it. She instructed to read and see if the info printed there is correct and then put our signature on the card. Then she took our pictures and started the processing laminating the picture card EAD card and handed over this EAD and wished us all a very nice day. Good bye. She was very jolly lady and I see she enjoyed her work and meeting with people, even if for five minutes. She kept her smile... always!

I walked out and my wife joined me to exit the USCIS office towards the car park.

This is my experience with the 8101 office Dallas for EAD.

I hope this helps all those who will go for their EAD cards soon.

I have written this experience without any prejudice.

With best wishes to all,

Piyalove
--------
Piyalove,

I think the reason so many questions were raised is because you are an Pakistani born Indian (or atleast thats what I get from your signature IN b in PK). Anyways, yes, I do understand your frustration but there is nothing either one of us can do. I was born in Pakistan and have been in the US since 1994. I was a minor when I came here so there is no reason any background records on me exists in Pakistan. I don't know what FBI is looking for but lets hope the clear up the mess.

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Piyalove,

I think the reason so many questions were raised is because you are an Pakistani born Indian (or atleast thats what I get from your signature IN b in PK). Anyways, yes, I do understand your frustration but there is nothing either one of us can do. I was born in Pakistan and have been in the US since 1994. I was a minor when I came here so there is no reason any background records on me exists in Pakistan. I don't know what FBI is looking for but lets hope the clear up the mess.

Eric

Hi Eric,

I understand what you are trying to say. Thanks,

The officer did not started to scan the passport from the front, but randomly. He saw five visas for USA over the period of 11 years. I think he never read the description page.

Of course the I-765 do have those questions. But he never looked properly on that, he just read the EAD letter from DORA and was asking so many questions. He was basically flicking thru pages in my PP.

My birth certificates (I have three of them two from the Hospital, birth of child to foreign origin and one from the HCI saying I was born to G of I staff) clearly says, I was born to India Govt. based diplomat. I never saw PK in my life. I was around 4-6 months when my parents returned to India after 2 years of assignment with the High Commission of India, Karachi.

I never put my foot in PK soil.

Anyway, official procedures are to be followed. Laws are to be obeyed. I understand. I am okay with that.

Then what about this guy from San Antonio? Read this:
Family GC in 2.5 months
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=193308
He is Canadian Pakistani.

Frankly speaking, I am a Citizen/National of India and not a Pakistani and for the past 16 years I lived in the Caribbean.

No Offense of any kind meant.
Regards,
Piyalove

Last edited by a moderator:
piyalove said:
Hi Eric,

I understand what you are trying to say. Thanks,

The officer did not started to scan the passport from the front, but randomly. He saw five visas for USA over the period of 11 years. I think he never read the description page.

Of course the I-765 do have those questions. But he never looked properly on that, he just read the EAD letter from DORA and was asking so many questions. He was basically flicking thru pages in my PP.

My birth certificates (I have three of them two from the Hospital, birth of child to foreign origin and one from the HCI saying I was born to G of I staff) clearly says, I was born to India Govt. based diplomat. I never saw PK in my life. I was around 4-6 months when my parents returned to India after 2 years of assignment with the High Commission of India, Karachi.

I never put my foot in PK soil.

Anyway, official procedures are to be followed. Laws are to be obeyed. I understand. I am okay with that.

Then what about this guy from San Antonio? Read this:
Family GC in 2.5 months
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=193308
He is Canadian Pakistani.

Frankly speaking, I am a Citizen/National of India and not a Pakistani and for the past 16 years I lived in the Caribbean.

No Offense of any kind meant.
Regards,
Piyalove
Piyalove, No offense taken. Let me tell you something. Each and every family member of mine is a US citizen and carry US passport. Yet, whenever they travel, they are pulled aside and interrogated for an hour to two hours. When my dad complained and asked for the customer service number, he was bluntly showed a memo from his supervisor saying that regardless of current nationality, anyone born in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia should be questioned thoroughly and background check be run on the spot.

So, here we are. I understand that your situation is different but I said what I said from my experience. For FBI, place of birth is more important than current status.

Hope all of us waiting here get our names cleared up soon.

Thanks

Eric

Hi everyone....

This questions might be asked tons of times...hope you dont mind to answer again:

Once you received the 70th letter....does it means your background check is still pending and the case is going to take a while to be approved?thanks everyone and good luck.

did they receive your fingerprinting results? if yes then your background check is not the case.call FBI and find out if they sent USCIS the results already.

DORA Case Approved in 56 days, its a miracle...

Hello Everyone.

I have been reading through this forum well before I started my DORA process. I should thank everyone for the all the info posted. It definitely helped me get an understanding of the whole process. I’m an Indian Citizen.

Here is my timeline, hope it helps ...

Thursday August 25th, 2005: Filed I-485/I-130 and Interview on the same day. (Went well)
Wednesday August 31st, 2005: Receipt Date
Saturday September 03rd, 2005: Received I-797 NOA in mail.
Tuesday September 06th, 2005: Fingerprinted @ Dallas ASC, TX (Walk-in)
Wednesday September 07th, 2005: Called FBI, A lady stated that the fingerprints were received and processed and sent back to INS the same day (Sept 6th).
Friday October 21st, 2005: Online Status updated

This case has been approved. On October 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Got welcome letters in the mail … Became a LPR as of October 21st 2005.

Looking at the timeline, it seems like my case was approved in 56 days. It’s a Miracle.

Please feel free to address any questions you guys may have... you guys are great!

Thank You. :)

Engineer25 said:
Hello Everyone.

I have been reading through this forum well before I started my DORA process. I should thank everyone for the all the info posted. It definitely helped me get an understanding of the whole process. I’m an Indian Citizen.

Here is my timeline, hope it helps ...

Thursday August 25th, 2005: Filed I-485/I-130 and Interview on the same day. (Went well)
Wednesday August 31st, 2005: Receipt Date
Saturday September 03rd, 2005: Received I-797 NOA in mail.
Tuesday September 06th, 2005: Fingerprinted @ Dallas ASC, TX (Walk-in)
Wednesday September 07th, 2005: Called FBI, A lady stated that the fingerprints were received and processed and sent back to INS the same day (Sept 6th).
Friday October 21st, 2005: Online Status updated

This case has been approved. On October 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Got welcome letters in the mail … Became a LPR as of October 21st 2005.

Looking at the timeline, it seems like my case was approved in 56 days. It’s a Miracle.

Please feel free to address any questions you guys may have... you guys are great!

Thank You. :)

CONGRATULATIONS 56 days!! Vow, DORA is living up to the promise...

I Have few questions. Between September 6th and October 21st, what did your case status say online. Did it have different LUD dates ? Did it say finger print received, if it said, approximately when ? Did you have the standard message which says 120-180 days processing timeframe on your case status online?

Thks for answering my anxieties and Congratulations and good luck!

Can Some one give me FBI number to call? and ask about my fingerprints.

Hi,
CATI2006
Congrats on ur GC approval. IN ur message you mentioned that you called FBI regarding ur fingerprints, I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to call FBI or whats the number to call and how can i Find out about my fingerprints. Thanks a lot

Dallas office open on 11/25?

Hi Guys,

I have an appointment for FP on 11/25/05 and was wondering if the Dallas office is really open that day (Friday, day after thanksgiving).

Is there a number I can call to make sure????

THDRR said:
Hi,
CATI2006
Congrats on ur GC approval. IN ur message you mentioned that you called FBI regarding ur fingerprints, I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to call FBI or whats the number to call and how can i Find out about my fingerprints. Thanks a lot

Hi THDRR,

The only way for you to find out when your Name Check was submitted is to receive a reply email from FBI for an inquiry initiated by you. However, the date should be within a week of your FP received noticed on your case status.

You can call FBI at 304-625-5590. This number is for Fingerprinting. You will get to talk to a live person who will ask for your A# and tell you if the FP was received and processed.

Once FP is processed, it goes to FBI.

For name check inquiry, you can call 202-324-2399. This is an automated machine which will tell you how to submit your name check inquiry.

Email is: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Fax No: 202-324-3367

I hope this inspires you,

Good Luck !

Piyalove

CATI2006 said:
did they receive your fingerprinting results? if yes then your background check is not the case.call FBI and find out if they sent USCIS the results already.

I called the FBI and YES they received my fingerprints the same day they were taken.....so i see no reason for the delay.... :confused:

DallasBM said:
K1 Visa, Piya Love, Erik, Cati 2006,

Any updates on your cases

No..... i had my interview 100 days ago, my biometrics 80 days ago and my on line status is till the same " We receivedyour application on, its gonna take 120..."

I made an infopass to inquiry why my case is taking so long and why my online status never changed.

By the way, i called the fbi and they recived my FP 80 days ago.
I also received AP and EAD.

I still dont get whats the criteria for those who are approved within 90 days and the rest of us

DallasBM said:
K1 Visa, Piya Love, Erik, Cati 2006,

Any updates on your cases

Hi DallasBM,
Here's my timeline:

Nationality: India
05/6: DORA @ infopass
25/7: Appt @ DORA Dallas/Interview for 5 minutes
29/7: (05) NOA Processed - I-130 & I-485
01/8: (08) Received NOA - I-130 & I-485
24/9: (62) FP/Bio Appointment @ 1800
02/9: (09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas
30/9: (64) 70th Day letter for EAD
20/10: (74) Got EAD, AP not accepted
20/10: Applied for updating "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT" SSN that I have for the last 12 years. SSA letter says it will take 4 weeks to get USCIS approval that they USCIS issued me an EAD.
02/11: SSA writes I should have my SSN in about 2 weeks.
10/11: Got SSN in mail. Says: Employment allowed with USCIS permission.
15/11: Starting my own company, LLC/Inc. Can't wait to create employment!

Online status has not changed at all since August 4, 2005. It says:

For I-485:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on July 29, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

For I-130:
Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received on July 29, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

So what's there for me to do?

I hope this helps or inspires.

Good Luck to us all!

Piyalove

Last edited by a moderator:
Its quite annoying to see DORA cases outstanding for a year. How is this process faster than the regular route. People in some Districts are getting green cards in 6 months and some in San Antonio are even getting theirs in less than 90 days. What makes it worse is that they do not even attempt to communicate the reason for the delay.

I am a little worried about my husbands case. we are still on Day 54 but he is to start work the first week in Jan and i hope he can get his green card before then. WE have been thinking about applying for the EAD but we will wait past day 70.

Goodluck to everyone.