green card in 3months in dallas

My appointment day is Oct 13 - but I'm not going.
I really don't see the point in wasting $175 and gas on a 7 hour drive to Dallas for something that I should be able to do in another month when I receive my GC.
And, as far as I can see, that confirms what I said in my previous post. :)

HG

piyalove said:
Hi Folks,
Does DORA issue EAD the same day? What about AP how long does this one takes?

Please shed some light on these questions!

Thank you in advance.

Piyalove

You have to visit the Dallas DO the day its mentioned on the 70th day letter. You get the EAD as well as AP the same day. The whole process might take up to 2-3 hours.

Good luck.

My experience with DORA

Hi All, Thank you all for sharing, it helped us prepare for our interview. Just wanted to add our experience with DORA and hopefully to get feedback.

We set up an appointment on infopass for Sept. 13. We waited 4 hours before we were called in.

During the interview, we were told that my husband's income wasn't enough and the officer requested another affidavit of support. The officer gave us a form with a list of items (documents etc.) and the Affidavit of Support on the list checked off. We were to submit this within 30 days.

On Sept. 19, we received a letter stating that our case was transferred to the Dallas office (not sure what this means).

One Sept. 21, we took Affidavit of Support to same place (3010 Stemmons... ) and gave Documents to the guard who told us that he would submit it himself. We did not get any receipt or anything. Now, I’m worried that the documents may not have been submitted and we have no proof that shows otherwise. It also worries me that we received the email notice on the 19th before all evidence (i.e. Affidavit of Support included) were submitted.

Please let us know what you think about this situation? We have 3 days to deadline for submitting Affidavit of Support (30 days after interview) and have no clue how to go about finding out. Any ideas?

5 May 2005 : Married in Dallas
13 Sept. 2005: Appointment @ Dallas office
13 Sept. 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted (2nd Affidavit of Support requested by officer - to be submitted within 30 days))
19 Sept. 2005 : Received email notice that case transferred to Dallas
21 Sept. 2005 : Submitted Affidavit of Support to guard at security check point.

shandra said:
Hi All, Thank you all for sharing, it helped us prepare for our interview. Just wanted to add our experience with DORA and hopefully to get feedback.

We set up an appointment on infopass for Sept. 13. We waited 4 hours before we were called in.

During the interview, we were told that my husband's income wasn't enough and the officer requested another affidavit of support. The officer gave us a form with a list of items (documents etc.) and the Affidavit of Support on the list checked off. We were to submit this within 30 days.

On Sept. 19, we received a letter stating that our case was transferred to the Dallas office (not sure what this means).

One Sept. 21, we took Affidavit of Support to same place (3010 Stemmons... ) and gave Documents to the guard who told us that he would submit it himself. We did not get any receipt or anything. Now, I’m worried that the documents may not have been submitted and we have no proof that shows otherwise. It also worries me that we received the email notice on the 19th before all evidence (i.e. Affidavit of Support included) were submitted.

Please let us know what you think about this situation? We have 3 days to deadline for submitting Affidavit of Support (30 days after interview) and have no clue how to go about finding out. Any ideas?

5 May 2005 : Married in Dallas
13 Sept. 2005: Appointment @ Dallas office
13 Sept. 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted (2nd Affidavit of Support requested by officer - to be submitted within 30 days))
19 Sept. 2005 : Received email notice that case transferred to Dallas
21 Sept. 2005 : Submitted Affidavit of Support to guard at security check point.

make an INFOPASS appointment

k1_visa said:
make an INFOPASS appointment

Thanks K1_visa. Unfortunately, there are no appointments available on infopass. I called the 800 number and they said the local office would have the information but I have no way to contact them. I'm going to go there and see if I can submit another copy.

DORA Pilot program in Dallas

Hi Chand311,
congrats on your approval under DORA. How many days did it take you to get 130 approval after you submitted your application? I had submitted on august 5th 2005 under DORA 130 and 485, had the interview on the same day and the officer told me that i would get fingerprints letter with in 10 days and she said congratulations your case is approval and you should get the GC in 2.5 months.
I havent received anything till now its been more than 2 months i didnt get the fingerprints yet. I took an Infopass appointment to talk to officer. If you know any useful info for me please let me know.
Thanks
THDRR

chand311 said:
i was about to submit my AOS application(485, 130 aand alll forms) when i came to know about new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS)

My wife who is USC is sponsoring me.

submitted my forms on may 6th.

had the interview the ssame day.

the officer said i would be having fingerprinting in about 10days and then my greeen card should be there in about 2.5 months if the finger prints go well.

filed: may 6th
interview may 6th

questions asked: bills, how long we are staying together, any common bills, photos and 864. Officer said we dont have to apply for EAD and parole as we are going to get the green card in 3months.

any body more interested in knowing about my experience reply to this post.
Dallas rocks.!!!

P.S. i think one has to live in dallas to apply for this program.

Status Update

We received an email today on my husband's AOS case:

On October 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

We will just have to wait patiently on INS and pray for the best.

DallasBM said:
We received an email today on my husband's AOS case:

On October 12, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

We will just have to wait patiently on INS and pray for the best.

I did my FP/ Biometrics almost 2 months ago and i didnt receive the results of them.
it is uncommon that the on line case status havent updated yet? :confused:

thanks!

Based on some other experiences in this forum, there are quite a number of people whose status was not updated until they were finally approved.

Hi everyone

Well, i finally received my 70th letter today.

I have some questions about what should i do now, i hope if you can enlight me or give me some advices.... :)

Here i go....

1) wich building should i go to get the Advance parole and the EAD? The one where i had my Dora interview or the other one located just in front of it?

2) Will i receive the EAD and the Advance parole the same day of the appointment?

3)What it the cost of getting those documents and what should i bring to the interview?

4) do i need to tak some pictures before the appointment?

5)Will they stamp something in my passport or they will issue some document for the advance parole?

6) Is there a chance that i can get bouth Advance parole and work authorization and then, some dats letter i can receive the green card?

7)Why do you think i get the 70th letter? Could it be becouse they are still processing my fingerprints? do you think i can ask them why i received this letter?

Well, im sorry i asked so many questions ( and i apreciate you are doing the best to understand my poor english :eek: ) but since i cannot afford a lawyer you are the only people who really really helped me with the Adjustment of Status... :D

thanks a lot!

Free Ipod Nano for Immigrants (No Scam)

I thought I would share this after getting an Ipod Nano for free. Believe me. This is
not a scam that's what I thought earlier.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Ipod Nano

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like
to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D.O.R.A Please help!

Hi "DORA" Peolpe,

IS there anyone whose online status says "The case will take 120 to 180 days" ? My dora appt was on oct 5th and i got my Notice of Action today,oct 16, without letter asking to schedule FP . NOA says they will send me a letter with FP appoitment date. anyone with same situation? please reply!

CATI2006 said:
Hi "DORA" Peolpe,

IS there anyone whose online status says "The case will take 120 to 180 days" ? My dora appt was on oct 5th and i got my Notice of Action today,oct 16, without letter asking to schedule FP . NOA says they will send me a letter with FP appoitment date. anyone with same situation? please reply!

We all received the same online status stating its gonna take between 120-180,
Regarding the FP notice i recomend you to read the previous posts: some had to schedule and appointments, some got to wait for a letter and some other did walk in

good luck

k1_visa said:
Hi everyone

Well, i finally received my 70th letter today.

I have some questions about what should i do now, i hope if you can enlight me or give me some advices.... :)

Here i go....

1) wich building should i go to get the Advance parole and the EAD? The one where i had my Dora interview or the other one located just in front of it?

2) Will i receive the EAD and the Advance parole the same day of the appointment?

3)What it the cost of getting those documents and what should i bring to the interview?

4) do i need to tak some pictures before the appointment?

5)Will they stamp something in my passport or they will issue some document for the advance parole?

6) Is there a chance that i can get bouth Advance parole and work authorization and then, some dats letter i can receive the green card?

7)Why do you think i get the 70th letter? Could it be becouse they are still processing my fingerprints? do you think i can ask them why i received this letter?

Well, im sorry i asked so many questions ( and i apreciate you are doing the best to understand my poor english :eek: ) but since i cannot afford a lawyer you are the only people who really really helped me with the Adjustment of Status... :D

thanks a lot!

anyone? thanks! :)

piyalove said:
Hi Folks,

Today I received a letter from USDHS, saying the following:

Dated: September 30, 2005

Dear Applicant,

We have initiated the process to complete your I-485. Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjuct Status. Unfortunately it does not appear that the Service will be able to complete your case within 90 days. You are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization. You may do so by coming to 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway wtih teh completed I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with teh appropriate fee. Once inside the building, report to Window #1.

You scheduled appointment date and time is:

Date # Time #

You may pay with cashier's check or money order, but if you wish to pay with a money order, it is recommended that you do not complete the payee portion until the officer has instructed you to do so during your appointment.

The I-765 form, Application for Employment Authorization can be downloaded at the Service web site: www.uscis.gov

Sincerely
Signed
District Director

So therefore, I am updating my timeline for your knowing...

Piyalove
--------
Timeline:

07 Mar 2005 : Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my Piya in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC
30 Sept 2005: (Day 64) Received the 70th Day letter for EAD
hey piyalove,
did the 70 day letter only mention EAD or did it also mention AP. When is/was your appointment for EAD, have u recieved ur EAD yet?.
thanks

11 Aug - Dora
17 Aug - ND
9 Sep - ND for FP appt with date of 23rd Sep
23 Sep FP appointment - Was sent back due to cut on right thumb.
Waited for thumb to heal.....
4 Oct - Recieved another letter dated 30th Sep from USCIS stating if FP isnt done by Oct 15 my application will be considered abondoned.
8 Oct - went for FP .... But office was closed.(columbus day) office is open Tue-Sat
11 Oct FP done by walkin
12 Oct Online status touched
13 Oct online status touched again
18 Oct status massege changed to "results of FP recieved and processing resumed."

Got EAD ... my experience!

Hi Folks,

Just updating my experience with my EAD appointment I had yesterday. I went prepared to apply for EAD and AP.

My wife and I arrived at the 8101 N. Stemmons, Dallas office at 6.09am the security guard electronically stamped the letter (the letter said we must arrive between 6 to 6.30 am) we were went thru security check and x-ray scanners, just like at the airport.

The guard who was very pleasant. He instructed that we go to window #4 (the letter said window #1) we waited behind two people (non Indians, you will see the reason why I am writing this) infront of us. It took the officer only 2-3 minutes to clear up them. Now it's my turn.

I handed over my I-765 and I-131 along with two cashier's checks and passport, and the original letter to the Indian origin officer there.

After looking at all the papers, he was like scanning my Indian passport page by page (I have two passport joined together, because the older one has a valid indefinite visa for my residency). Then he asked me when did I first arrived in the USA? I said sometime in 1994. He then scanned my two passports. Looking at each page again with very suspicious eyes. My two passport have visa's and immigration stamps from over 35 countries, I could see his eye brows raising at some Visas and stamps.

Then he repeated the question, I said the same thing. He then asked me how did I maintain my status since then? I said, Sir, I have been travelling in and out of USA since then, it's only this year March 2005 I came, married my wife in April, apply thru DORA in July, he then asked for my DORA letter, luckily I had that letter with me. I handed over it to him.

He read the letter like a hawk looking for a prey! I had a bunch of papers from DORA with me he scanned each of them. It's amazing how he did looked at me then at the papers, then upto me and over and over again. I just stood there calm.

Then he asked where is the stamp of your most recent arrival in the USA, he handed me my passport and then I showed it to him. March 2005. He bluntly asked me where is my I-94? I replied, DORA officer took it from the passport.

The then said, he have to take some photocopies of my passport and will come back in a while. I stood there at the window and he returned after 10 minutes. He took my passport and the letter from DORA with him. After he returned, he said that his boss says that I cannot apply for AP because the letter says that I can only apply for EAD. I asked, Sir, may I apply for AP also? I dont mind applying. He bluntly replied, no. Then he said, please go and have a seat in the yellow chairs, your name will be called.

The whole process took us more than 30 minutes. I wonder what he was looking for? Other's infront of me had the same EAD forms and checks.

Anyway, we waited and waited, from 7.30 am we start seeing the staff workers coming. There was a crowd of more than 20 people in the yellow chairs and then the hall with people by 9.20 am.

It's was around 9.30 that a lady who we had seen coming in around 8.30 am called five people's name and asked them to follow her. Within 5 minutes they all came out with their EAD.

Then in the second batch my name was called at number 7. This batch also had five people. This very very pleasant Latina looking lady gave us all receipt of the money we paid for EAD. Then gave us white cards with name, date of birth and alien number written on it. She instructed to read and see if the info printed there is correct and then put our signature on the card. Then she took our pictures and started the processing laminating the picture card EAD card and handed over this EAD and wished us all a very nice day. Good bye. She was very jolly lady and I see she enjoyed her work and meeting with people, even if for five minutes. She kept her smile... always!

I walked out and my wife joined me to exit the USCIS office towards the car park.

This is my experience with the 8101 office Dallas for EAD.

I hope this helps all those who will go for their EAD cards soon.

I have written this experience without any prejudice.

With best wishes to all,

Piyalove
--------

My experience with SSA to update my SSN.

Hi

Now I am writing to you about my experience with the SSA, at Northridge Tech Center, 2010 N State Hwy 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050.

First the past: I have a SSN "not valid for employment" issued to me in 1994. My very first visit to the USA.

After we (my wife and I) left the 8101 Dallas office with my EAD, we had breakfast at McDonald's, I dropped her at work. Drove home and looked for SSA office on the internet that is near to our residence at www.socialsecurity.gov. I printed out the driving directions at maps.yahoo.com/dd and downloaded the the SSA form SS-5 and completed it, it's only one page long. Only two minutes to complete it.

I drove and arrived there at 12.30pm. My number was called at 1.22 pm. At counter # 6 I was greeted by this Latina lady. She was very pleasant. Asked about my old SSN and how I got it etc. I told her the whole story, etc. She also also asked me about India, the consulate of India in Houston etc and mind you, she kept her smile, very pleasant.

I handed over my EAD, my SSN card, my driver's license, and my Indian passport. She when looked in the details and entered info in the computer.

After she typed all the info, she said that SSA cannot issue me a SSN right now because they have to verify the info with USCIS and then I should get it in the mail. I understand the technicality. She handed me this letter saying:

Social Security Administration
Important Information:

Name and address:

Dear xxxx,

This is to show that you requested a Social Security card on October 20, 2005. We cannot issue you a Social Security card until we check the document(s) you gave us to show your citizenship/alien status. We will check the document(s) with the agency that issued them. This will take about four weeks.

If that agency tells us their records agree with yours, we will mail you a Social Security card. If they tell us their records do not agree with yours, we will let you know, in writing, that we cannot issue you a card.

This letter does not mean that we will issue you a Social Security card. It also does not show you have the right to work in the United States.

If You Have Any Questions
We invite you to visit our web site at www.socialsecurity.gov on the internet to find general information about Social Security. If you have any specific questions, yo umay call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213, or call your local Social Security office at 1-972-343-2307. We can answer most questions on the phone. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call our TTY/TDD number 1-800-325-0778. You can also write or visit any Social Security office. The office that serves your area is located at:

NORTHRIDGE TECH CENTER
2010 N STATE HWY 360
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050

If you do call or visit an office, please have this letter with you. It will help us answer your questions. Also, if you plan to visit an office, you may call ahead to make an appointment. This will help us serve you more quickly when you arrive at the office.

Signed
N Rodriguez
Alfred Washington
Field Office Manager

Now my questions: Is this normal? I read differently on this forum about getting a SSN etc. Can anyone experiened in this procedure assist in any input?

My question is not doubting the official procedure but to know for knowing sake, that's all. No personal or professional offence meant.

By the way, I am not looking or desparate for a job but rather I am to create jobs with my own Inc. or LLC company.

Thank you in advance,

Piyalove

Hi Piya....

If i was you i would wait until get the Green Card ( just few more days in your case). Then apply for a SSN without any restriction.

Ill have the interview of the " 70th day letter" in a couple of days but my letter clearly states tha i can apply bouth for AP and EAD. Hope i dont have any troubles.

Sorry all you guys for stopped updating my case but here is my experience with DORA

I had my interview in January 7. Receive the letter for fingerprints on Jan 18. Got appointment for next day. Had case status updated on USCIS site on Jan 27 showing that fingerprints was received and case was resumed.Since then it didn’t change. I never received the 70th day letter and had to apply to AED by mail on May 8th.Got EAD on Jun 17th.I went 4 times to USCIS office in Dallas to inquire about my case all the times they told me that the FBI background check was the reason for the delay.The 4th time they gave that infamous letter “don’t bother us for six months”.Since then I have been getting several legal advices.All them saying basically the same thing “You have to wait, some cases can take years”. I thing only those that are in the same situation can understand how hard is to live with this anxiety. Finally in my case this ended today. I received an email from USCIS with my case approval after 9 months and 14 days

Eric and all others that are still waiting on background checks I wish you good luck. They are working slowly in some cases but look its still working. I wish you all got good news soon.

Dora interview: Jan 7 (I-130 I-486)
FP: Jan 18
FP updated on USCIS site on Jan 27
70th Day letter (never receive it)
EAD: (applied by mail. Got it 40 days latter on Jun 17)
Don’t bother us for 6 months letter: (got it in my 4th visit at USCIS office in June
Case approval email: Oct 21
Country of citizenship: Brasil