green card in 3months in dallas

Finally...!!!

Guys,

I just got home and checked my mailbox.

I received two letters of approval for both I-130 and I-485. I should receive my green card in the next three weeks.

I cannot believe it. DORA works for real.

Once again:

-Application and Interview on Nov 8th, 2004

-Fingerprints on Nov 23rd, 2004

-Fingerprints results Dec 1st, 2004

-Approval Jan 7th, 2005.

Thank God my application was approved in 60 days...

Good luck for everybody !!!

Congratulations DFWFM!.. you probabaly hold the record on the quickest approval thru DORA .. 60days?!!! That's ridiculously fast :) . Couple of questions though... Did your 485 receipt# start with the letters 'MSC' by any chance? And did you get asked to go and had your passport stamped? Thanks.

dhakaya said:
Congratulations DFWFM!.. you probabaly hold the record on the quickest approval thru DORA .. 60days?!!! That's ridiculously fast :) . Couple of questions though... Did your 485 receipt# start with the letters 'MSC' by any chance? And did you get asked to go and had your passport stamped? Thanks.

thanks buddy...

yes my application starts with MSC and I didn't have to get my passport stamped.

thanks,

-FM

Yeah .. it's time for you to enjoy, and make future plans accordingly. AFAIK know, the 'MSC' stands for Missouri Service Center, and mine is being processed thru them also. Although my FP results were received on the 12th of November, they're obviously taking longer to process than yours. I have my fingers crossed at the moment :)

DFWFM said:
Guys,

I received two letters of approval for both I-130 and I-485. I should receive my green card in the next three weeks.

Once again:

-Approval Jan 7th, 2005.

FM,

Congratulations! Hope my luck is same as yours. I applied on Nov 19, FP on Nov. 29, FP Results on Dec 7. Then the status is just stuck over there. Lets hope and pray.

Eric

DFWFM said:
Guys,

Once again:

-Approval Jan 7th, 2005.

Again Congratulations, am happy for you, but i still want to know has your online statue change for your 485?

Hi

J4School,

Today both dates got updated and the message for I-485 got updated as well. It says your case was approved and we sent you a notice of approval.

thanks,

-FM

big congrats DFWFM!! mine is not pilot program so i guess i have to wait till June maybe for my interview...cheers!

Hi

NCGirl... thanks a lot...

thanks guys and good luck for each and everyone of you.

thanks,

-FM

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from my EAD appointment. I thought about deferring it until the actual 90 days were over ... but then just decided to do as they asked. Shelled out $175 for the "new" fee :eek: , and totally wasted $15 dollars for the two PP photos mentioned on the forms. For anyone that are applying for your EAD in person .. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY PICTURE WITH YOU. All you need are the I-765 form and a proof that your I-485 is being processed. They have a list of all the DORA applicants that have been sent this letter, and they'll scratch your A# off it, once you arrive.

Allow at least two hours from the time you go in.. they take a picture on the spot and you'll come out with a laminated card valid for 1 year (although it may actually be good for couple of weeks :rolleyes: )

Last edited by a moderator:
dhakaya said:
Just came back from my EAD appointment. I thought about deferring it until the actual 90 days were over ... but then just decided to do as they asked. Shelled out $175 for the "new" fee :eek: , and totally wasted $15 dollars for the two PP photos mentioned on the forms. For anyone that are applying for your EAD in person .. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY PICTURE WITH YOU. All you need are the I-765 form and a proof that your I-485 is being processed. They have a list of all the DORA applicants that have been sent this letter, and they'll scratch your A# off it, once you arrive.

Allow at least two hours from the time you go in.. they take a picture on the spot and you'll come out with a laminated card valid for 1 year (although it may actually be good for couple of weeks :rolleyes: )
Do you have to make an appointment for the EAD, do you go to 8101 Stemmons frwy or 3101 Stemmons frwy. Let me know please

j4school said:
Do you have to make an appointment for the EAD, do you go to 8101 Stemmons frwy or 3101 Stemmons frwy. Let me know please
If you're applying thru DORA, they will pick a time and date, for you to appear for the EAD @ 8101 Stemmons. It will be detailed on your "70th day" letter.

dhakaya said:
If you're applying thru DORA, they will pick a time and date, for you to appear for the EAD @ 8101 Stemmons. It will be detailed on your "70th day" letter.
I have not receieved my 70th day letter.

j4school said:
I don't think u have to wait for the letter. U can still fill out the form and send it in, but it's better to go in during the pre-assigned appointment time, as you'll get the card the same day

j4school said:

I am new in this forum but have closely monitored all discussions. I think the 70th day letter is not issued to everyone that goes through the D.O.R.A program.
It is used mostly to inform applicants that they wont get their applications processed in 90days.
Not getting a 70th day letter means you should be getting your green card before the 90th day.
So.....Put a smile on your face :D

I had my I-485/I-130 applications and interviews on the 5th November using DORA too ;)

Arican Lion said:
I am new in this forum but have closely monitored all discussions. I think the 70th day letter is not issued to everyone that goes through the D.O.R.A program.
It is used mostly to inform applicants that they wont get their applications processed in 90days.
Not getting a 70th day letter means you should be getting your green card before the 90th day.
So.....Put a smile on your face :D

I had my I-485/I-130 applications and interviews on the 5th November using DORA too ;)
But this is almost 95 days, i have not seen my green card or Online aproval or even approval notice by mail, i have not even received the 70th day letter, well let see what happens next week

j4school said:
But this is almost 95 days, i have not seen my green card or Online aproval or even approval notice by mail, i have not even received the 70th day letter, well let see what happens next week

j4school- I think you have to contact them immediately. If your application was not going to be processed in 90 days you should have been informed.

Last Update

Guys,

Today I received my green card. I am a permanent resident since 01/06/2005.

- 11/08/2004: Submitted I-130/I-485 and got interviewed on the same day.

- 11/23/2004: Fingerprinted.

- 12/01/2004: Fingerprints results returned.

- 01/07/2005: Letters of Approval for both I-130/I-485 received.

- 01/15/2005: Green card received.

Thanks and good luck to everybody.

-FM

Congrat!!!, am still waiting to see what happens next week for me, today is making the 95th days since i filed with DORA, i have not heard from them.

questions

Guys,
Those of you who have been successful in getting your green card in 3 months, could you answer some questions for me.
I am marrying a usc in a few weeks. Here are my questions:

1. What kind of questions will they ask on the interview, anything tricky?
2. If we are just moving in together after the wedding and our bills are giong to be on both of our names just now, would that be a problem (even though we've dated for months)?
3. How many pictures did you take with you and how far did they go back into your relationship?
4. After you receive your greencard, do you need to stay married for another 2 years?

Thanks to everyone who replies!! :confused: