green card in 3months in dallas

we applied for my wife on 8/3.latest is that the security check has been held up.

so be patient ......

Update

Well Originally what happened was we applied on JUly 1st.. and then we sat and waited for something else to happen.. so at the 90 day mark i went to immigration and asked what was going on.. and they said oh be patient! and i was like i havent even had Fingerprinting!! So he looked it up and said oh yea we sent youa notice for that and it was returned undeliverable.. which is weird cause we got the receipt ok.. i think that may have been CRAP.. anyway so i leave with the hope that someone will contact me as the man said and nothing.. so Oct 19th i go back and its been 108 days i think.. well the lady got me to go get my fingperprints done that day.. so then i was just waiting to see my status update and nothing... so i made an appt for last thursday.. 162 days! they couldnt tell me anything! they said well your checks still going on so you just have to wait! i asked why my online status was not changing and she said that it didnt work with DORA... more CRAP.. then i said well i have knows at least 2 people that went through this and were done way before me.. and they applied after me!! and she said well none of the DORA cases are gettin gprocessed in90 days.. MORE CRAP!!!!

I am just done listening now! i guess i will just have to sit and wait! its just very frsutrating.. as yes i need to get a job so we can buy ahouse!!

Question

UKcowgirl said:
Well Originally what happened was we applied on JUly 1st.. and then we sat and waited for something else to happen.. so at the 90 day mark i went to immigration and asked what was going on.. and they said oh be patient! and i was like i havent even had Fingerprinting!! So he looked it up and said oh yea we sent youa notice for that and it was returned undeliverable.. which is weird cause we got the receipt ok.. i think that may have been CRAP.. anyway so i leave with the hope that someone will contact me as the man said and nothing.. so Oct 19th i go back and its been 108 days i think.. well the lady got me to go get my fingperprints done that day.. so then i was just waiting to see my status update and nothing... so i made an appt for last thursday.. 162 days! they couldnt tell me anything! they said well your checks still going on so you just have to wait! i asked why my online status was not changing and she said that it didnt work with DORA... more CRAP.. then i said well i have knows at least 2 people that went through this and were done way before me.. and they applied after me!! and she said well none of the DORA cases are gettin gprocessed in90 days.. MORE CRAP!!!!

I am just done listening now! i guess i will just have to sit and wait! its just very frsutrating.. as yes i need to get a job so we can buy ahouse!!

But how come she said that none of the DORA cases are being processed within 90 days and the people you know got their cases done that fast? weren't their cases processed through DORA?

thanks,

-FM

DFWFM said:
But how come she said that none of the DORA cases are being processed within 90 days and the people you know got their cases done that fast? weren't their cases processed through DORA?

thanks,

-FM

yes but that just proves they have no idea what they are doing.. it seems mine has been going so long that now i just have to sit and wait.. i dont think my online stuff is working.. so i guess iw ill just get notification by mail! but then again.. it updated when i changed my address... just not when my FP were processed.. i dont know.. still waiting.. 167 days

UKCowGirl,

If your DORA application is not processed within 70 days, you should automatically get a letter from BCIS that you are eligible to appliy for EAD. Did you not get that letter? Even if not, you are eligible to apply. Go ahead and get the EAD. Buy a house. Good Luck!

EricNeesGC said:
UKCowGirl,

If your DORA application is not processed within 70 days, you should automatically get a letter from BCIS that you are eligible to appliy for EAD. Did you not get that letter? Even if not, you are eligible to apply. Go ahead and get the EAD. Buy a house. Good Luck!

LOl thanks.. i went in at 90 days.. and had the application in my hand.. and the guy said that he was going ot have someone contact me.. well he never did, so i went back again and thats when the Fp was done.. when i went back last week at 162 days, I said that i was annoyed that had I applied fpr EAD on day 90 i would have it by now!! she said NO cause on this process i cant apply for EAD.. i think i will make another appt and see what happens! :D

chand311 said:
i was about to submit my AOS application(485, 130 aand alll forms) when i came to know about new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS)

My wife who is USC is sponsoring me.

submitted my forms on may 6th.

had the interview the ssame day.

the officer said i would be having fingerprinting in about 10days and then my greeen card should be there in about 2.5 months if the finger prints go well.

filed: may 6th
interview may 6th

questions asked: bills, how long we are staying together, any common bills, photos and 864. Officer said we dont have to apply for EAD and parole as we are going to get the green card in 3months.

any body more interested in knowing about my experience reply to this post.
Dallas rocks.!!!

P.S. i think one has to live in dallas to apply for this program.

god dam dude!! lucky a@@ well more power to you man i hope my stuff can go that quickly

I was called on Friday as Immigration had been sending stuff to my old address and so they confirmed my new address told me i was approved on Dec 17th and that my green card is in the mail :D YAY its over!!!

Congrat, but can we know when exactly you filed, and all other details from filing to Approval.

Once again Congrat

UKcowgirl said:
I was called on Friday as Immigration had been sending stuff to my old address and so they confirmed my new address told me i was approved on Dec 17th and that my green card is in the mail :D YAY its over!!!
Did you call the immigration or the INS guys called you to notify you verbally about the approval? or where the calling to be sure of your new address

I had posted previously my whole story, i started on June 25th 2004 and it took twice as long as most peoples cases. I moved in July and verified my new address with them 5 times.. even have a letter saying they had changed it.. yet still they called on Dec 17th and said that i was approved, but they had been sending me letters and they were being returned undeliverable. So once again i told her my right address.. i did in fact get another call the next day to say that i needed to go get my fingerprinting done again.. not sure what thats about!! :D hope that helped!

just moved to Dallas

Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum. Recently discovered it and want to say that it is of great help.
My question to anyone who maybe able to help is that how long do you have to wait to file for I-130/485 under the piolt program if you have just moved to Dallas?

nam2001 said:
Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum. Recently discovered it and want to say that it is of great help.
My question to anyone who maybe able to help is that how long do you have to wait to file for I-130/485 under the piolt program if you have just moved to Dallas?
It takes 90 days for the USCIS to make a decision on your case, but some people get thier approval under 90 days, what normally delays it is the the background check from FBI, if the can't make a decision on your case under 90 days the will notify you to come and apply for EAD, you can will get your EAD same day.

For more information Visit: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffi...ot_overview.htm

Thanx for responding but I meant to ask that if someone has just moved to Dallas do they need to wait for some time before they can apply for I-130? Or they can do it right away.
Thanx

Hi

nam2001 said:
Thanx for responding but I meant to ask that if someone has just moved to Dallas do they need to wait for some time before they can apply for I-130? Or they can do it right away.
Thanx

I guess as long as you prove your residency in Dallas (Lease, Mortgage, etc...), you should be eligible to apply through the Dallas office.

thanks,

-FM

Alright guys.. kinda late joining in, but I'm here :) .

DORA (I-360) timeline:

Oct 25th 2004 - Date of Interview
Nov 03rd 2004 - Date of Fingetprinting
Nov 12th 2004 - Date of FP receipt and web status
Jan 03rd 2005 - Date automated EAD letter was sent
Jan 12th 2005 - Date set for EAD appointment

... so that's where I'm at now. Kinda discouraging to get the letter asking me to come and apply for the EAD when I shouldn't even be needing it. Does anyone know if this is a mandatory interview or is it upto me? Also did most people get their DORA approvals by phone or by mail??

EricNeesGC said:
2. If you are from one of the countries who had to do the NEESRS registration after 9/11, take your NEESRS registration card. This card has your FIN (Fingerprint Indentification Number) on it and will speed up your FBI checks since your background check was already done after the NEESRS registration. Some of the countries in this category were Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
I was one of those registrants... and did take my FIN# (it was stamped on my passport) and gave them a copy... for whatever it's worth.

Looks like we've got a couple of people who applied right around the same time I did... so I'll definitely be watching this thread!

Does the Dallas pilot program claim that GC will be finalised after/within 3 months? Does this mean that overstayed spouse can travel with that GC? As with research on different threads I have found out that overstayed spouse cannot even apply for AP, as the 3/10 year ban will be in effect so should not travel unless has the actual GC.
Thanx