green card in 3months in dallas

EricNeesGC,
That is weird..you received a letter on the 24th and reads a date after that...why not call the 800 number and find out if there was a typo error..just so u'd be sure...when i received my notice,my online message read..on Nov 8 your FP fees were received as complete and processing on your case has resumed...

i went for FP on nov 26 and the LUD changed on Nov 29 but message did not change..and yesterday LUD and message changed to Dec 1,the results of your FP were received and processing as resumed on your case...

I guess I will call that number up after all. So your status never read how many days it will take to complete the case? I would suppose the FP message would have come up after your FP was done. What was the message before that?

EricNeesGC

EricNeesGC,

you are right... It showed on the previous message that it takes from 90-180 days to get that kind of applications completed. That is for the I-485.

For the I-130 it is still having the old message and it shows that it will take from 30-90 days to get it completed.

Let us know please what they told you in case you called the USCIS number...

-FM

Current Status

Guys, I just wanted to compare what shows on my current application status with whatever you guys have on yours:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 1, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I applied on Nov 8th, FP done on Nov 23rd.

and regarding the note they have in the last asterisk: I dont see any projected time on any of the notices I received from USCIS.

-FM

OK...I talked to the people in BCIS and here is the update.

BCIS has 2 different systems. One to track received applications and issue notices and receipts etc. and is totally automated. The other system keeps track of the status of the application and is updated only after a manual feed by a BCIS person.

This makes more sense now. Here is what happened.

Nov. 19th - Application received and interviewed.
Nov. 19th - Application entered into the 1st system
Nov. 24th - Notice of Receipt and FP notice issued
Nov. 26th - Application entered into the 2nd system
Nov. 29th - Date and status updated that the application is received etc. etc.
*Nov. 29th - Received notice for FP
*Nov. 30th - Called BCIS and made an appointment for FP for Dec. 1st.
*Dec. 1st - FP done
Dec. 2nd - Date updated but the status is still the same

Note: asterisk (*) denotes an action on my part...not BCIS

As for my I-130, it was approved back in May 2002. At that time my wife was not a citizen yet so the visa number was not available.

My current status is still what I have in my previous post. The date, however, has changed. I assume that the status will also change in a day or two.

thanks

EricNeesGC,

Thanks for the update. All what we will be doing now is just sitting and waiting for a response from USCIS including either a final decision or a request for an action to be taken on our behalf.

Good luck guys!!

-FM

Oh! I totally forgot to mention 2 things that I found out while casually talking during my interview.

1. The FBI checks are not done by FBI. They are done by some private security company and results provided to FBI. I am not sure if this is only for DORA 485s or all.

2. If you are from one of the countries who had to do the NEESRS registration after 9/11, take your NEESRS registration card. This card has your FIN (Fingerprint Indentification Number) on it and will speed up your FBI checks since your background check was already done after the NEESRS registration. Some of the countries in this category were Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.

Is this Pilot Program Valid only for Spouses of Citizens?

Hi Guys,
Is this pilot programs valid only for Spouses of Citizens? Is it also valid for those Permanent residents who have applied for family based I-130?

Please help me in knowing answer.

Thanks
Malini

even someone live in cali file AOS in dallas

Dear Friend, let me if i am living in san jose and wish to file I-485 in dallas, can I ??

AmarMalini said:
Hi Guys,
Is this pilot programs valid only for Spouses of Citizens? Is it also valid for those Permanent residents who have applied for family based I-130?

Please help me in knowing answer.

Thanks
Malini
The pilot program is for family based, DV Lottery and Special Immigrants. However, for family based GC, you have to have the visa number available. In other words, if the Visa Bulletin does not have the dates current for your category, you cannot apply.

bally said:
Dear Friend, let me if i am living in san jose and wish to file I-485 in dallas, can I ??
Bally,

You have to prove residency in the Dallas area (a lease agreement,utility bills etc.). I do not think an ID alone will do the work.

Neesrs

EricNeesGC said:
Oh! I totally forgot to mention 2 things that I found out while casually talking during my interview.

1. The FBI checks are not done by FBI. They are done by some private security company and results provided to FBI. I am not sure if this is only for DORA 485s or all.

2. If you are from one of the countries who had to do the NEESRS registration after 9/11, take your NEESRS registration card. This card has your FIN (Fingerprint Indentification Number) on it and will speed up your FBI checks since your background check was already done after the NEESRS registration. Some of the countries in this category were Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.

EricNeesGC,

thanks for mentioning this about the NEESRS. Actually, I wanted to mention that I was part of the special registration program to the immigration officer during my interview... but for some reason I forgot to tell him about it.

My question for you is: did they tell you how much faster this NEESRS will boost the process of your application? and although I didn't give them my FIN, isn't the system supposed to match my info with whatever info they already had about me after the special registration?

thanks,

FM

Hi DFWFM,

I just submitted the NEESRS registration papers along with my I-485 packet. I was not sure that it will help or not. However, the adujudication officer told me, and I quote, "I appreciate you for submitting your NEESRS registration information. It will certainly help your case and will speed up the back ground check processing". I asked her if this was because my background check was already done? To which she replied "yes".

Thats where our conversation regarding NEESRS registration ended. However, I am sure they will have your FIN number on file.

Thanks EricNeesGC

EricNeesGC said:
Hi DFWFM,

I just submitted the NEESRS registration papers along with my I-485 packet. I was not sure that it will help or not. However, the adujudication officer told me, and I quote, "I appreciate you for submitting your NEESRS registration information. It will certainly help your case and will speed up the back ground check processing". I asked her if this was because my background check was already done? To which she replied "yes".

Thats where our conversation regarding NEESRS registration ended. However, I am sure they will have your FIN number on file.

thanks for the information. I am not quite sure if I call and give them this info now, or just make sure they have it on file along with my application package would help or not. I will let you know if they give me some extra info from whatever you provided.

thanks again,

-FM

Hello all,

My case status changed today to :

On December 7, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Thanks

Receipt Number Not Found

Guys,

Today, I was checking my application status online, although nothing has changed, I tried to click on the receipt number to read the posted message, suprisingly, an error message poped up stating that the system cannot find the receipt number.

I am not sure if it happened with any of you guys, and I am not sure if this is good or bad.

thanks,

FM

Yes, it has happened to me a few times. This probably happens when their server is busy or down. Try again and you should be able to see it.

Good luck finding it :)

Still waiting..

Man that makes me crazy that you guys applied in early November... and already got a status change.. i applied in JUNE!!! and they messed up to where they did my FP in OCt.. and i still havent heard anything.. I have an appt tomorrow.. and i WILL NOT leave til they give me some information!!!! any one else been through this..

And i thought that it was only people within a certain zipcode could apply in Dallas?? possibly as far as OK but thats it!!

Waiting for Approval

Hi Guys,
Thanks alot, i wa so happy to discover this webpage, I check my statues online everyday sometimes three to five times a day waiting for my status to change for approval notice, i used the pilot program in October 2004, and am still waiting for my green card on the mail, My FP result was received on the 10th of Nov, 2004, I need to received my green card so as to get myself a job.

I want someone to tell me when my i get my Approval letter what esle am i gonna do, go for Passport stamping? waiting for the GC on in the mail.

How many does it really take? Averagely am seeing 83 days fromt he date of filing? can it be short, if everything goes well?

Ghandi

Update

UKcowgirl said:
Man that makes me crazy that you guys applied in early November... and already got a status change.. i applied in JUNE!!! and they messed up to where they did my FP in OCt.. and i still havent heard anything.. I have an appt tomorrow.. and i WILL NOT leave til they give me some information!!!! any one else been through this..

And i thought that it was only people within a certain zipcode could apply in Dallas?? possibly as far as OK but thats it!!

Would you mind telling us what did they tell you today about the reason for the delay in processing your application?

thanks,

-FM