green card in 3months in dallas

online status not reliable

My online status showed that fingerprints are recieved and processing has resumed on my case but i got my greencard approval notice in mail. After like 4-5days after i got my approval notice my status changed to approved.

I got my Greencard 7days exactly after i got my greencard approval notice.

Case Time Line:

Applied: May 6th
NOA: 13th MAy
FP: 21st May
Approval: 27th July
I-551 temporary passport stamping: 4th August 2004
Greencard (a little silver/white card ) in mail: August 6th.

---

Does anyone know if one make an appointment with the USCIS through InfoPass, will they consider the cases already submitted to their office. I have submitted my AOS application on feb 16, 04. I'm waiting for AOS Interview date? If i make the appointment with USICS will it help me? Please comment........

Help!!!

My hubby & I filed for the Dallas office pilot program (I485 & I130) and were interviewed on June 4th. Got fingerprinting notice about 3 weeks later and in for fingerprints the very next day. Since the beginning of July, online case status states, "the results of your fp review are in and processing has resumed on your case..." No changes or updates.

Then Monday, we get a notice stating that "Unfortunatley, the Service is not able to complete your file within 90 days..." and gives us an appt. for tomorrow to go apply for work authorization/travel. UGH. We are soooo disappointed.

Has anyone on the pilot program had this happen?? If so, what was the cause? If we go for the travel & work authorization, will we get this right away? Also, will we be removed from the 90 day pilot program or will they just fix/correct whatever is wrong and keep processing it expeditely?

They of course, offer NO explanation.

Thanks!

They are just going back to how things used to be. Before they started the whole BS with the regional processing centers.

One of my colleagues got married to a non-citizen in the 60s. He took his pay-stubs and his marriage certificate and walked into the local federal courthouse. They gave him some forms to fill out and interviewed him and his wife separately. They walked out with the passport stamped the same day.
Oh, good old times.

incredible incompetency of INS

It's such a shame that INS gets away with extorting money from everyone. We have already paid $600, plus $1,500 to the lawyer to prepare our documents. Now another $350 tomorrow just to get authorization so my husband can legally work (so he can pay taxes) and travel. All the while USCIS is claiming all this backlog reduction and increased fee's for better service!

This is our tax dollars hard at work - in another government program that is incompetent and cannot abide by the very systems and procedures they installed into their organization. Unbelievable.

> It's such a shame that INS gets away with extorting money from everyone.

Well, I don't care how much it costs. If I could walk in there this afternoon, write them a check for $10k and get a guarantee that I have a decision by the end of the month, I would be glad to do it.
If you compare their fees with for example the canadian immigration service, they are not that unreasonable. It is their inability to make good on their promises that gets me.

more info on who is eligible

First of al, congratulations to all getting GC in 3 months, what a dream.

If interested, you can read official doc at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/factsheets/DalFact04_21_04.PDF

Specifically, those eligible are:
- based on a family relationship with an immigrant visa currently available;
- diversity Visa Lottery winner;
- special immigrant with an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant

Good luck!

Ric

Thanks for the link. We have already gone through the entire process and were basically told GC would arrive within the 90 days and then we get the letter saying it would not be processed within the 90 days. No other explanation as to why, hold-up, etc. Maybe the background check did not come back, got lost, or some other unknown reason we are not aware of...

We are going into the Dallas office later this week to file for work authorization and travel docs. Hopefully we'll still be processed quickly under the Pilot Program.

unable to process in 3months

hi there,

You had mentioned in ur previous post that you hired a lawyer that costed you 1500$. Is your case complicated or something that you had to hire a lawyer?
Is it not a straight forward case? Is there anything that was in ur case that you needed a lawyer for ? Just wondering if yours is not a straight forward case like ours.

I have heard from one person who couldnt get the greencard in 3months cuz they lost his finger prints and he had to do it again. From what i have seen in other news groups this pilot program seems to be working well and it worked well for me as we were able to get our greencard in less than 3months and we even had the physical card before 3months.

pilot program I485 pending

We applied for my wifes green card(by ourselves) on august 3 under the pilot program.
We received the receipt within a week, fingerprints were scheduled the same week. case status shows that fingerprints were received

they wanted a translated version of the wifes birth cert. so we provided that promptly.

during the interview the INS officer(who could use better people skills) said that their HQ is monitoring the pilot program very closely.

I'll provide updates as they come

Overnight Update!

I am THRILLED to announce I got a call from CIS yesterday afternoon (1 day before we were scheduled to go in and apply for the work permit/travel docs) stating our case had been completed and my husbands green card is on it's way!!! YES! That was day 82 from our interview (6/4).

They did say that on day 70, if your security clearance, etc., is not back and posted, the system automatically generates the letter we got stating "your case cannot be completed within 90 days..." but that if/when it clears prior to your appt. to get the work authorization, they call or email you letting you know it did indeed clear and there is no need to go in for the work permit/travel docs. What a huge relief not to have to spend $350 more dollars and the unknown waiting time for processing.

I checked the on-line status today and it was updated with yesterday's date, but still says the same, "the results of your FP review have been submitted and processing has resumed on your case..." But according to some other bulletin boards I've checked out, including this one, people report this doesn't change until 1-2 weeks after the green card has been received.

update

We had applied for my wifes I130+i485 under the pilot program on 8/3/04.

We received a letter in the mail last week saying that the processing could not be completed in 90 days and that she could apply for emp auth+adv parole.

she went by the dallas office and was told that the reason for the delay was a delay in fbi check clearance.

i guess we'll bug the fbi and the wait for the process to be complete.

taking forever!

We initially applied in June 2004 and found out after the 90 days was up that we had never received the Fp notice.. so on Oct 18th i went to be fingerprinted.. and now its nov 27th and still have seen any updates online to say that they are processing etc.. its been 150 days now... and very frustrating... i have an appt to go and see an immigration office on Dec 9th.. any more ideas on what i can do or what to expect!?

Any Case Updates

Guys,

I can see that you guys did not post any updates on your cases?

Would you mind updating the thread with any updates you might have in your cases.

I applied for AOS through marriage on Nov 8th, 2004. Seven Days later I received the notice of action for fingerprinting. I got them done on Nov 23rd, 2004. I am now waiting for an update on the online case status check at www.uscis.gov

thanks,

FM

DFWFM,
waow we have exact dates Nov 8..i did my FP on Nov 26 in Charlotte and my LUD was updated by 7am this morning but the message did not change...I think I'd keep an eye on your progress so as to see if mine follows same..keep an eye on me too lol!!

Dora

Here is my time line:

11/19/2004 - Applied I-485 and was interviewed the same day
11/29/2004 - Received the notice for FP

Will call the number tomorrow

I will keep you all posted

Oh a kicker advise for all ye Dallas residents of USC spouse...keep checking the infopass for appoinement dates. My original appointment was on January 9th. However, on November 17th, someone cancelled and I was able to get an appointment for November 19th .

Good luck!!!

Date Updated

NCgirl,

My date got updated the next day after I got my fingerprints done (FP on Nov 23rd, Date updated on Nov 24th) but just like you said, the message didn't change.

Please keep me updated of what is going on in your application. I will do the same.

thanks,

FM

Message Updated!!

Today my application got updated online and they said they got my fingerprints review. They will send me a notice if there is anything to be done or a decision was taken.

thanks,

-FM

DFWFM,
my online message changed too that they have received my FP results and processing of my case has continued..i am thrilled co sthings have bene moving fast compared to stories asbout uscis i hear about.....let's keep our fingers crossed and keep praying...
cheers!!

Unfortunately, my status has not changed after the fingerprinting. It still reads as follows:

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 26, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

DFWFM & NCGirl, I have a question. Did your status read that it will take between 120 - 180 days for them to process this request? I am sure the message is generic and the DORA takes only 90 (well 80) days but just curious...

Also, I filed my application on November 19th. That is what my receipt shows. I got my fingerprinting letter on November 24th...and the status shows that my application was RECEIVED ON NOVEMBER 26TH????? Any idea why is it like this?

Thanks