green card in 3months in dallas

EricNeesGC said:
thienthanh, Didha and Dhakya,

Thanks for the heart warming words. I know its nothing but just a poorly written band-aid letter which they are giving away to keep me from asking my status for the next 6 months. Anyway, I won't be bugging them anymore. Congressman Kenny Marchant will be.

How about we form a list of all the people who are waiting on the approval for over 180 days and present it to the congressman so we have stronger case. I have already initiated an inquiry with his office and his secretary has promised to help me out after I fill out "release of private information" form.

Thanks

Eric

Eric, I hope the Congressman's office will help to expedite your background check. Slyusw might be the only one on this group whose application process has passed the 180th day mark. All good wishes.

Advice needed

did anyone here file I485 through marriage to US citizen and have their case processing in National Benefits Center? My case has been pending in NBC for one year and 7 months (RD: Oct 2003). Please let me know if you have been waited for that long. I have spent enough money to renew my EAD and AP. Please advice me if I should contact someone to help or not. I did everything by myself and sent thousands of letters inquring the case status to NBC, but never get any reponse. Please advice. I have browsed this website and haven't seen any case like mine been through this long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got approved

Yesterday (May 25, 05), my status on both applications changed. The application for I-130 changed first in the early morning , saying that it is approved while the I485 Application status kept showing an error message. Later in the day (around 7 hours laters), the I485 status changed saying that my case was approved.

"Current Status:

On May 25, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new
card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

My time line is 107 days since our interview (Feb 8, 05). Finally everything is over and now we can move out of state which was delayed for 5 months because of the application process. I got 70th day letter but decided not to apply for EAD card but waited for the approval.

Needless to say, I am so happy. I hope everybody who is waiting also gets approved quickly.

Eric, when is your Congressman going to make an inquiry on your case?

EricNeesGC,
Eric, i like your idea about making a list of all of us who are waiting.So tell us in details how can we do it.
Thanks,
Didha.

Good deal!

Congratulations thienthanh! Finally u got it. What a relief,huh?! I'm happy for u. :D Pray for us,okay?

thienthanh said:
Yesterday (May 25, 05), my status on both applications changed. The application for I-130 changed first in the early morning , saying that it is approved while the I485 Application status kept showing an error message. Later in the day (around 7 hours laters), the I485 status changed saying that my case was approved.

FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!

Didha said:
EricNeesGC,
Eric, i like your idea about making a list of all of us who are waiting.So tell us in details how can we do it.
Thanks,
Didha.

Congratulations thienthanh...

Didha,

I am thinking that we should give USCIS a fair chance to process cases within 180 days instead of 90 days. We should only go to the congressman if our cases are pending over 180 days. I have attached the forms for everybody's reference. If anybody wants to join the list, they are most welcome. The more people there are, the better it is. Please note that the congressman I am talking to is Kenny Marchant so make sure you check that he is in your district before you sign up.

Heartiest Congrats

thienthanh said:

"Current Status:

On May 25, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new
card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

My time line is 107 days since our interview (Feb 8, 05). Finally everything is over and now we can move out of state which was delayed for 5 months because of the application process. I got 70th day letter but decided not to apply for EAD card but waited for the approval.

Needless to say, I am so happy. I hope everybody who is waiting also gets approved quickly.

Eric, when is your Congressman going to make an inquiry on your case?

Congratulations thienthanh :):):)
107 days is lil bit above average. but still its over finally..(y)

EricNeesGC said:
Congratulations thienthanh...

Didha,

I am thinking that we should give USCIS a fair chance to process cases within 180 days instead of 90 days. We should only go to the congressman if our cases are pending over 180 days. I have attached the forms for everybody's reference. If anybody wants to join the list, they are most welcome. The more people there are, the better it is. Please note that the congressman I am talking to is Kenny Marchant so make sure you check that he is in your district before you sign up.

EricNeesGC, i am in tarrant county. Mr. Kenny Merchant is in Dallas county, so i guess i can nt file through him. I have to go to the Tarrant County Representatives. Well, infact i went to Mr. Joe Burton's Office. But The immigration lawyer there told me they could nt do nothing on this and they had seen cases where it took 3/4 years to do the Name check.So may be i should try another representive in our area. what u think? In my case,i have already crossed 180 days.(i had my interview on October 15th,2004).

humble request to all to include their dates and timeline in signature

Hi All,

I think many using this forum would find it more helpful if everyone puts their timeline like application dates, FP, 70 day letter and final approval dates and all other relevant info in their signatures. It would then be easy for everyone to undertand whats happening and also would help answer the question posted better.

Many are already doing it....hope everyone does it.

What say people ?

update again

Just made my fingerprint appointment. Was offered June 9th but couldnt make that so got June 14th.

Timeline
Application and interview May13th 2005
fingerprint letter May23rd
Due for fingerprinting June 14th

CG

Didha said:
EricNeesGC, i am in tarrant county. Mr. Kenny Merchant is in Dallas county, so i guess i can nt file through him. I have to go to the Tarrant County Representatives. Well, infact i went to Mr. Joe Burton's Office. But The immigration lawyer there told me they could nt do nothing on this and they had seen cases where it took 3/4 years to do the Name check.So may be i should try another representive in our area. what u think? In my case,i have already crossed 180 days.(i had my interview on October 15th,2004).
Didha,

I am sure you already know, but you can confirm who your congressman is at http://www.house.gov/writerep. I believe that half the Tarrant County is still under Kenny Marchant so it won't hurt to double check it.

Even if Kenny Marchant is not your congressman, I guess you can write to Kenny Marchant and ask him if he can help you out.

I talked to Amanda (the person who deals with immigration cases) yesterday and was told that collecting signatures will not help because each petition is dealt on case by case basis. This is the matter of national security and they will not compromise on it (and I understand their concern). According to her, the only way she can help us out is if FBI has already finished the name check but USCIS is sitting on the file. If the name check is still pending, there is nothing they can do but to give is a definite answer that the name check is still in progress and USCIS is not at fault. I asked her if her inquiry different than the one I would do if I walk into the Dallas District office and she that it sure is. She writes directly to the “internal” people in the Dallas office and not the people who sit at the outside window. The “internal” people have access to much more information than the outside people. Also, all inquiry that goes through her office requires the USCIS to initiate a process trace all the way to FBI and she can get my current name check status within 10 business days compared to us emailing FBI and getting a reply in 4 months.

An additional detail she gave me was that the name check process is running way behind schedule. They have recently allotted $4 million to FBI to speed up the name check process which resulted in hiring of 5 more people solely for name check purpose (only 5??? I wonder where the rest of the money went).

Since signatures will not matter, I will go ahead and forward her my paperwork today. If any of you want to speak with me, feel free to send me a private message and I can call you.

Thanks

Eric

Thank you all.

Thank you guys for all the congrats.

Eric, go ahead and transfer your document to Amanda. She has much bigger say than us. You are right, people sitting at the window know nothing and all they do is to look up cases in the computer system and repeat exactly what it is shown there. As you said, these people are tired of their own lives and the only reason for them to sit down there is to torture others mentally. It is a waste of time to talk with them. All the decisions are made by the people in the back. Amanda can get hold of them, not like us. I believe she will help bring more news about your case.

recieved the 70 day letter

bros and sis,

recieved the 70 day letter today (day 73). a big relief that atleast I will have my EAD and AP.
They have called me on June 7, at Dallas office for instant EAD and AP.

Looks things got stuck up in name check.
I am from India , but my first name is a common Lebanese name. ( thats what some of my Arabic friends told me)

Thanks, will keep updated.

70th day letter rational

Is there a rationale to National Benefits Center's (NBC) procedure of dispatching 70th day letters to some DORA applicants (e.g. N400 applicant or thienthanh) and not others (e.g. tomparis and Didha)? Is the rationale chiefly tied to the completion vs. incompletion of FBI background and security checks by day 70? (That is, those applicants whose checks have not been completed by day 70 receive the letter and those whose checks have been completed do not receive it.) Or is it all a matter of administrative mishaps? (That is, everyone whose application has not been processed for any reason by day 70 is supposed to get the letter but does not due to oversight.)

A little late but congratulations. Thienthanh and sorry for yor apt. didn't return nothing Eric.I'm confident that in the end we all will succeed.But we can't give up and keep fighting in all fronts we can.Eric is doing a greate job with congrassman's office and share the info with us, thanks.Working together we will be stronger and in my opinion the most important for us now is to share all the information we have.Even if it looks not important to us it can have some value for other members.

I have an apt. for Tuesday morning and I won't be able to go if any member want to try to get it may be we can set up a time for me to cancel it and you can try to get it in the sequence.If anybody want it drop me a message.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Spouse of USC.
DORA filled in 07 Jan. 2005
FP appointment 19 Jan. 2005
Results of FP recieved 27 Jan. 2005.
case status : Fingerprint result recieved and Processing resumed.
Didn't receive 70th day letter (applyed for EAD by mail May 5th)
2 visits to the Dallas Immig. Office (only relevant information I got is they didn't receive my finger prints results back from the FBI but my name is already cleared.

How can I become eligible for DORA???

I'm in California, but I can pick up and move to Dallas any time. Does anybody know if I can open a business there to qualify, or do I have to establish my residency there as well?

I need to get a greencard for my wife asap, and I don't have the time to wait for two years in Calfornia. What state has the fastest processing time right now from start to finish??

Thanks

I did nt go to my appointment with Dallas Office on 27th. I decided to wait 2 more weeks to see if the card comes. If not, then i will go and try to get the AP since i need to go home by July.After July i cant go, my School is gonna start from august.I will just take a chance. If i get the AP on the spot, then i will go home otherwise i will wait. In the mean time, i did fax a request for FOIPA to the FBI. So lets see what they do.

EricNeesGC, please keep us posted about your situation.

SlowJedi, i believe you have to prove your residency to be eligible for DORA program.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks.

pvb80 said:
My wife will be filing through DORA soon. I was a student till end of last year and now I am having a steady job (earning above poverty line). But my wife has a steady job since last 4 years. How many years of income I need to show. Can my wifes income be used as Affidavict of support? Also, we were been filing joint tax from last 4 years.

you can show any of your family member's income including your wife.
in my case, my wife was a USC but she did not have sufficient income for last 2 years.
at the DORA interview, the officer herself printed an Affidavit of support form and asked me to fill it up . so i became my own joint sponsor.

even after that we had only 2 years of income. She waived the third year.
So if you r going through DORA, its relaxed because the office is just interested only in the most recent or maximum 2 years on income.

But for people who apply to NBC , you need all 3 years of income because your application goes to a data entry clerk first and they are supposed to see that the application is "COMPLETE" in every aspect. They do not have the liberty to waive the 3 year tax requirements.

So yes, you can show urs and ur wife's income provided each fills out a separate affidavit of support.

SlowJedi said:
I'm in California, but I can pick up and move to Dallas any time. Does anybody know if I can open a business there to qualify, or do I have to establish my residency there as well?

I need to get a greencard for my wife asap, and I don't have the time to wait for two years in Calfornia. What state has the fastest processing time right now from start to finish??

Thanks
In our case, to prove the residnecy requirement, the officer just asked the address of employers. my wife's employer is in fort worth. my employer is in another state. i am a contractor so my client is in fort worth.

my wife's and mine..both our driving licenses had Houston address. we have not yet changed address since 1.5 years
she did not ask for any apt lease..or anything else.