green card in 3months in dallas

Question of DORA eligibitity

I am a green card holder and my husbands I-130 got approved last week that was filed 3 years back when we were in New York. I have my citizenship interview soon at Dallas DO and if I am approved, I would like to apply for green card for my husband through DORA. Is my husband eligible for DORA with an approved I-130???

Yes, he is eligible to apply through DORA with an approved I-130. Just attach a copy of the approved I-130 with your application. You do not need to fill out another I-130. Also, try to make an appointment at Infopass right now. There is a 2 - 3 months wait just for the appointment.

Good Luck

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Yes, he is eligible to apply through DORA with an approved I-130. Just attach a copy of the approved I-130 with your application. You do not need to fill out another I-130. Also, try to make an appointment at Infopass right now. There is a 2 - 3 months wait just for the appointment.

Good Luck

Eric

Thank you Eric.
Also, I did not have a steady income for last 3 years but now I have a steady job. When coming to sponsor my husband (who is a student) can I have a joint sponsor (my sister-in-law) also sponsor him. My sister-in-law had steady job for last 3 years and she has all the documentation required. But the only concern is she is a green card holder and not staying with us. She has her own family. Can a green card holder (Permanent resident) be a joint sponsor for my husband along with me???
Please advise.

dallas_gal said:
Thank you Eric.
Also, I did not have a steady income for last 3 years but now I have a steady job. When coming to sponsor my husband (who is a student) can I have a joint sponsor (my sister-in-law) also sponsor him. My sister-in-law had steady job for last 3 years and she has all the documentation required. But the only concern is she is a green card holder and not staying with us. She has her own family. Can a green card holder (Permanent resident) be a joint sponsor for my husband along with me???
Please advise.

Can anyone please advice on the above? I just want to know if a Joint sponsor for DORA can be a green card holder (permanent resident) or if only a USC can be a joint sponsor???

dallas_gal said:
Can anyone please advice on the above? I just want to know if a Joint sponsor for DORA can be a green card holder (permanent resident) or if only a USC can be a joint sponsor???

The info you inquire about is on the FRONT page of the I-864 Affidavit of Support Form. "A sponsor, or joint sponsor, must also be: a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence; at least 18 years of age; and Domiciled in the United States or its territories and possessions."

DALLAS_NEWBIE said:
HELLO,

GREETINGS!!!! New couple joinging the group here. We just turned our packet in last wednesday. We were told that we should be getting the FP notice shortly. I have two questions for the group on this.

1) How long did it take for u guys to get the FP notice?

2) We are going to be out of town next week. Is it ok to do the FP somewhere other than dallas? Has anyone had to do this?

Thanks guys. Hope to hear something soon.

Dallas_Newbie

Hey Dallas_Newbie,

I had my interview on Monday, May 23 and received my Fingerprint Notice on May 31st. I did the FP on 4 June. I am currently waiting for my new status to get updated on the USCIS website (to reflect the FP being taken). To answer your questions,

1) Looks like it takes about 5-7 business days to receive the FP notice after you turn in your packet.

2) Yes, it is OK to take the fingerprint at another location. You don't necessarily have to take it in DFW. When I called to set up my FP appointment last week, they did not have any appointments in DFW until mid July. Therefore, I took my FP in McAllen, TX (about 550 miles from where I live!) :( The drive was frustrating, but I am glad I got it over with ASAP.

Please keep us updated on your case status. Good luck!

Thanks Alan. Sorry to hear about your long drive.
I have not yet received the FP notice. I am hoping to get it this week as I will be out of town all next week.
Dallas_Newbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on Joint Sponsor

Should a joint sponsor also need to be present during the DORA interview process along with me (sponsor) and my husband?

Is it OK if we just take all the documents that Joint sponsor has to produce along with the Notarized I-864 form filled out by the joint sponsor?

Please advise.

Dallas gal,
Joint sponsor dont need to go to the interview. Just take all the forms, make sure they are notarized.
Good luck!

Requst

Hello

Please i need your help i need the visa lottery i am heager to apply so please help me and get the form so after i have finish filling it i will send it back to you there my name is below

Sanni Babatunde Lukmon
8, Martins Street
Off Ojuelegba Road
Surulere Lagos
Nigeria

i look forward to here from you soon

Thank
Lukmon

lukmon said:
Hello

Please i need your help i need the visa lottery i am heager to apply so please help me and get the form so after i have finish filling it i will send it back to you there my name is below

Sanni Babatunde Lukmon
8, Martins Street
Off Ojuelegba Road
Surulere Lagos
Nigeria

i look forward to here from you soon

Thank
Lukmon
No one will reply to you Lukmon. No one in the US will give you their address. If you need the form, go to google.com and search for it. You will find tons of website with DV Lottery forms along with mailing addresses.

Fingerprinting done

Hi Everyone,
I waited a few extra days for the Dallas appointment for my fingerprinting as I was out of town last week. The NW Highway office is not easy to find though! Anyway it all went smoothly so now the wait begins. I signed up for email notifications - does that sytem work? and do notifications happen quickly when something new is reported?

Good luck everyone

URGENT!!! Question on approved I-130

I got an email notification saying that my spouse I-130 got approved. Seems like they have mailed it to my old address in new york. My spouse has DORA appointment next week and we are sure we would not get the approval notice in hand by then. I just have the print out saying that the case was approved and it was been mailed.

What should we do? Since we do not have the actual I-130 approval in hand, do we need to file I-130 again?? Should I mention about the approval to the officer or just submit the I-130 application form with all the other application forms?? Is this going to delay things by any means?

Please advise.

Finally...

I just got email from USCIS saying that my I-485 application has been approved and they have ordered a new card for me and they will mail it as soon as it is ready :D Finally, it happened, after 8 long months. I had my interview on october 15th,2004.Those who are waiting: dont worry, you will get it on right time. Good luck to everybody!

Ignorant question(tried to go back by about 50posts but couldn't find an anwer):

- is that 'green card in 3months in dallas' pilot program actually working ?

- I mean, are there people who actually got everything done A-Z in 3 months ?

dallas_gal said:
I got an email notification saying that my spouse I-130 got approved. Seems like they have mailed it to my old address in new york. My spouse has DORA appointment next week and we are sure we would not get the approval notice in hand by then. I just have the print out saying that the case was approved and it was been mailed.

What should we do? Since we do not have the actual I-130 approval in hand, do we need to file I-130 again?? Should I mention about the approval to the officer or just submit the I-130 application form with all the other application forms?? Is this going to delay things by any means?

Please advise.
If I were you, I'd start trying for a new appointment date for sometime a few weeks from now, so you could have the I-130 approval letter in hand. If you get a new date.. cancel your existing one, otherwise just go in with a print out from USCIS website.. maybe they'll accept it. But don't make the mistake of submitting another I-130 :eek: ... unless you wanna confuse the hell out of them and add a few wasted months to the process ;)

Didha... congratulations!! Although u broke all sorts of records with regards to processing times :D

Hadron... the answer to your question is a definite YES! However there have been several exceptions (ask me how I know :rolleyes: ). Check out this post by anti-climacus:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1162155&postcount=405

Didha said:
I just got email from USCIS saying that my I-485 application has been approved and they have ordered a new card for me and they will mail it as soon as it is ready :D Finally, it happened, after 8 long months. I had my interview on october 15th,2004.Those who are waiting: dont worry, you will get it on right time. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats and best wishes for the future. 243 days-a DORA anti-record. :)
What's your country of citizenship?

dfwprofessor said:
Hi Everyone,
I signed up for email notifications - does that sytem work? and do notifications happen quickly when something new is reported?

Yes the system works and "quickly"...most of the time. If all goes well with your application processing, don't count on hearing anything until about day 70 and beyond from the interview.

Didha, congratulations on your approval. My interview was on November 19th. Hopefully, my approval is just around the corner.

Dallas_Gal, DO NOT SUBMIT a new I-130. They should be able to pull out records. Just take the printout. Also, don't delay the interview process. The most they will do is ask for a RFE which will delay your case by 2 weeks atmost. My suggestion is to carry on with your original appoinemnt date.

Anti Climacus: Thanks! I have a very common last name may be thats why it took long time for the name check. I am from bangladesh.

Dhakaya: Onek dhonno-baad!

EricNeesGC: Thanks, Eric. I'm sure u will get it very soon. May be one more month and thats it! :)

Good luck to every one!