green card in 3months in dallas

Hey guys I just call the NCSC and they told me the same thing.My application is being processed for the National Benefit Center but she said all DORA aplications are processed there but the time line is diferent for those who applyed though DORA.So the time line they have dosen't apply for us.

tomparis said:
Hey guys I just call the NCSC and they told me the same thing.My application is being processed for the National Benefit Center but she said all DORA aplications are processed there but the time line is diferent for those who applyed though DORA.So the time line they have dosen't apply for us.
Great. What they told TomParis is different than what I was told. According to the rep. the pilot program applications are processed at the local DO. If USCIS was a private entity, their customer service would be the worst than any other in the world (provided it meets all criteria of CUSTOER SERVICE). I just don't understand why they give conflicting answers. Now what am I supposed to do in my appointment. I know what their answer would be..."all applications areprocessed in the NBC"

Well...I'll see if I can initiate an inquiry on my case just like Afrikan Lion did. Hope it works. Good luck TomParis

Just moved to Dallas!!!!

Hi Everyone!
I just moved to Dallas from Florida.
I already submit a file transfer request to Florida INS.
Woundering if someone could let me know address of Immigration office here in Dallas, or may be phone # where I could call and check if my file already here in Dallas.
I am a temporary green card holder for a while already, I need to submit forms for temporary status removal in august,2005.
Any idea how long its gonna take to receive a permanent green card? Any programs, like DORA that I can go under to make it faster.
Thanks for your help guys!
I like Dallas a lot!!!!

FBI name check is pending..

Hi! I have applied for I-485 and I-130 on october 15th,2004 through Pilot program. I had done my fingerprints right after that.And that was about it. I had nt received anything from them till today. Nt even the 70th days letter. I went to the Dallas office few months back to find out whats going on. They told me my name check is pending with FBI and they have no idea how long it will take. So i called the FBI and they told me to email them requesting my status of name check. I did email them almost 2 months ago. No reply till today. I called them again and they said it might take about 4 months for them to reply the email. At that time they were replying the emails they had receieved on december,2004. Then i went to the Local Congress-man's office thinking he might be a help to expedite my name check with FBI. But the immigration lawyer at his office told me there's nothing they can really do here. They had seen cases that took 3/4 years with the FBI name check :eek: And also she mentioned i do have a very common muslim last name so this may be a reason for the delay.
At this point i really dont know what to do. Its been more than 7 months that i applied.I'm very confused and stressed out at the same time. I have nt applied for the AP/EAD since i was waiting on the card. I am nt even sure if i can apply for them since i never received the 70th days letter.I heard that the 70th days letter actaullay gives an exact time and date to go and get the EAD.And also only those people whose cases cant be approved within 90 days receive that letter.Any comments/concerns would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didha,
I am very sorry to here your story. It looks like you have done everything that you suppose to do from your side. Since name check is related to safty of the US, no political person or anybody can do anything about it. It is really rediculous that it takes them up to 2 years to do just a name check. Have you applied for AP and EAD since your process is taking longer than what it suppose to take? See if you can get EAD and AP.
Good Luck

amishah said:
Didha,
I am very sorry to here your story. It looks like you have done everything that you suppose to do from your side. Since name check is related to safty of the US, no political person or anybody can do anything about it. It is really rediculous that it takes them up to 2 years to do just a name check. Have you applied for AP and EAD since your process is taking longer than what it suppose to take? See if you can get EAD and AP.
Good Luck

Thanks,amishah! well, no i have nt applied for them yet. i was waiting on the card.but since i never received the 70th days letter, u think i can apply for the work permit?

Didha said:
Thanks,amishah! well, no i have nt applied for them yet. i was waiting on the card.but since i never received the 70th days letter, u think i can apply for the work permit?
I don't know much about this DORA program. So I don't know when you can file for work permit. Anyone from Dallas, please help.

Still waiting

I canceled my appointment therefore I didn't go to the Dallas office. I was too busy and so hesitant to go there because I know that I will get the same answer as you guys mentioned: " You name check is still pending. We have no idea how long it is going to take". It is 6.5 hour drive from Dallas to where I live and since I can guess the answer, I changed my mind not to come down there. I still have an EAD which will still be effective for 5 months with my F1 status, so I don't really need an EAD.

USCIS customer service is the worst in the world. I am telling you. Never trust what they tell you. You will get different answers from different people. What the hell is that (I am sorry, I have to say this). These people know nothing and are irresponsible. From my experience talking with them, it seems to me they can only answer 3 easiest questions, for example what type of form do you need, form fees, where to turn them in. Other than that, they tell you totally inaccurate information. Let me tell you this story. I called one day and asked where I could find my visa number (should be the red number on you visa, not the control number) and a customer rep. told me that the visa number is the number F-1. Can't you believe that. Whenever I make a phone call to them, I had to pretend to ask them a very hard question (how to fill out the form, for example) so they will have to transfer me to a immigration officer who may know my issues better. But don't think it is easy to be able to get hold of and immigration officer. It once took me 45 minutes to get transfered from customer rep. to and immigration officer. It sucks. And you know what, once a customer rep. passes the trial working periad, they don't have to worry about being fired afterwards. Therefore, they don't care about how they answer your questions.

And even among immigration officers who are supposed to know all things related to immigration issues, each of them will give you a different answer, depending on their knowledge. I can't understand why: Do they not get the same type of training? How come the answers are so inconsistent.

spounse of us citizen

does anyone know if you have I-485 (through marriage to USC), pending in NBC, can you request NBC to transfer your case to Dallas office. Sound like Dallas office is super fast. Did anyone have case like this transferred from NBC to Dallas? Please help!! I have been waited for a year and half, since turning in I485, still no response from NBC.

DIDHA, one can apply for EAD and AP at any point while doing AOS via DORA. Most people don't because, under 'normal' circumstances, AOS approval is as fast as EAD and AP. (See http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Procedure.htm
"NOTE: You may file an Application for Employment or Travel Document at any point during the processing of your application if an emergency arises and you feel the need to apply for either or both. You will have to pay the fee associated with each of those applications.")
You can apply by mail now, but you cal also try to go to the local office and make an argument to have EAD issued on the spot, as is often done for those whose DORA applications have not been approved within 90 days.

THIENTHANH, sorry to hear about your frustrated experiences with USCIS customer phone support. I suppose you are right: since you already have EAD, a 6 hour drive is not worth the tentative answers you will most likely receive at the local office in Dallas. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk to a Dallas immigration officer responsible for your case over the phone? ;)

CSWENSON002, You have to live within the Dallas DO service area to have your case eligible for DORA processing. A helpful press release on DORA is found here, http://www.murthy.com/news/n_launch.html, and here http://www.indiaimmigrationusa.com/index_files/Page490.htm Also DORA processing pertains only to new applications. The distinctiveness of the program is that you submit your docs and get interviewed on the same day. If you have your case mailed in or transferred from another office, it will be treated via 'regular' routine.

RUSSIAN PRINCESS, вся информация тебе нужная доступна на сайтах упомянутых в параграфе выше.

interview got canceled by INS

anti-climacus - thanks for your info regarding the dallas pilot program. the websites are very helpful.

does anyone have their interview cancelled by INS and the case status says they will inform you if your interview is rescheduled?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks anti-climacus!I already made an appointment with the Dallas office on this 27th.Hopefully they will issue me the EAD and AP on the spot.Thanks once again for helpful information.Good luck to every one guys!

Didha said:
Thanks anti-climacus!I already made an appointment with the Dallas office on this 27th.Hopefully they will issue me the EAD and AP on the spot.Thanks once again for helpful information.Good luck to every one guys!

one of the guy on this forum j4school got the EAD on spot because his case was also pending more than 3-4 months I think.
BUt also, some other users had to apply by mail even after waiting for 90 days thru DORA and not receiving the 70 day letter.

I think you should strongly fight on your appointment on 27 to get EAD on spot as it is no fault of yours. They shud have sent u the 70 day letter.

If it helps, try to get a letter from your local congressman supporting your need for immediate EAD .

Let us know how it goes on 27th ?

Good luck

update

dora application and interview May13th 2005
today may23rd - letter arrived to make appointment for fingerprints - 6 working days! - great stuff Dallas

CG

day 69. no updates

online status still shows that results of fingerprint recieved on 04/15/05 and processing resumed.

Getting a little bit anxious that if I dont recieve the 70 day letter for EAD and AP, and they tell me to apply through mail, it will be a disaster.

Will lose my job. :(:( hoping and praying

The sage continues

I went to the scheduled appointment this morning. However, I wished I had not. The lady this time around was actually not rude. She told me that my background check is still in process and they have not heard anything from the FBI yet. I can apply for a travel document if I need to.

After this, she gave me a pre-printed letter and asked me to read it whenever I get a chance. She said that this has information about the name checks. She also confirmed that all cases are processed at the National Benefits Center regardless of which district initiated the case. She also asked for my EAD and entered something in the computer and sent me on my merry way.

On my way out, I read the letter. This is what is stated verbatim:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
8101 N. Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75247

USCIS LOGO HERE

DATE: (today’s date stamped in red)

To: Applicant

This letter is to inform you that we are unable to approve your application at this time. To ensure our national security, additional background checks were instituted to insure that all applicants qualify for the benefits sought. A review of your file revealed that your name has not cleared the required background checks.

This office constantly monitors the progress of the required checks and has instituted new procedures to insure that all applications are completed in a timely manner. Unfortunately these checks are performed by another agency outside of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and we are unable to predict when your case will be approved.

With a limited amount of resources available, we ask that you not submit an inquiry on the status of your case for at least six months.

Sincerely,
Angela K. Barrows
District Director

What does this letter mean? I am shocked to see the first and the last lines of the first paragraph“unable to approve your application at this time…”. and “A review of your file revealed that your name has not cleared the required background checks.” As soon as I read this, I turned around and tried to enter the building again but the guard did not let me. He said that once you are out, you are out. You cannot get back in. When I insisted, one of the guards told me OK…you can go in. The other asked me to show my ID. He took the ID inside and came back after 5 minutes and said that the lady who helped me does not want to see me.

Has anyone of you have received this letter when you went to the inquiry? Also, what did she do when she asked me for my EAD? I hope she did not cancel it. She should have notified me if it was. Also, the letter is not addressed to me. It is addressed to general applicants. I want to believe that it is a poorly formulated letter and all it means is that at this time, they cannot approve my application because my name check is not YET cleared.

I checked the online case status and it has not changed yet.

I am confused and the USCIS saga continues.

EricNeesGC said:
I went to the scheduled appointment this morning. However, I wished I had not. The lady this time around was actually not rude. She told me that my background check is still in process and they have not heard anything from the FBI yet. I can apply for a travel document if I need to.

After this, she gave me a pre-printed letter and asked me to read it whenever I get a chance. She said that this has information about the name checks. She also confirmed that all cases are processed at the National Benefits Center regardless of which district initiated the case. She also asked for my EAD and entered something in the computer and sent me on my merry way.

On my way out, I read the letter. This is what is stated verbatim:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
8101 N. Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75247

USCIS LOGO HERE

DATE: (today’s date stamped in red)

To: Applicant

This letter is to inform you that we are unable to approve your application at this time. To ensure our national security, additional background checks were instituted to insure that all applicants qualify for the benefits sought. A review of your file revealed that your name has not cleared the required background checks.

This office constantly monitors the progress of the required checks and has instituted new procedures to insure that all applications are completed in a timely manner. Unfortunately these checks are performed by another agency outside of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and we are unable to predict when your case will be approved.

With a limited amount of resources available, we ask that you not submit an inquiry on the status of your case for at least six months.

Sincerely,
Angela K. Barrows
District Director

What does this letter mean? I am shocked to see the first and the last lines of the first paragraph“unable to approve your application at this time…”. and “A review of your file revealed that your name has not cleared the required background checks.” As soon as I read this, I turned around and tried to enter the building again but the guard did not let me. He said that once you are out, you are out. You cannot get back in. When I insisted, one of the guards told me OK…you can go in. The other asked me to show my ID. He took the ID inside and came back after 5 minutes and said that the lady who helped me does not want to see me.

Has anyone of you have received this letter when you went to the inquiry? Also, what did she do when she asked me for my EAD? I hope she did not cancel it. She should have notified me if it was. Also, the letter is not addressed to me. It is addressed to general applicants. I want to believe that it is a poorly formulated letter and all it means is that at this time, they cannot approve my application because my name check is not YET cleared.

I checked the online case status and it has not changed yet.

I am confused and the USCIS saga continues.

Eric, I do not think you should worry about the letter. It is just a general letter to those whose name checks are not cleared and this also means that it may take time for the name check to be cleared.

The Dallas office generates this kind of letter to avoid being bothered by applicants who may want to submit an inquiry on their cases because of their pending name check since name check is something out of USCIS's control. I think that is all it means.

Think about your case as if you' ve never read this letter. It will take time and no one knows how long it is going to be, but finally you will get approved.

Scared to go to the Dallas Office!

EricNeesGC, i do agree with Thienthanh. This would be a letter made by Dallas Office just to avoid curious applicants for a while. So dont worry about it.But i wonder how could that officer be so rude that she said she did nt want to see u. Thats just way too rude!

N400Applicant, Ya, i will try my best to confirm it was nt my fault that i never received that 70th day letter. And also i will take a letter with me to show proof that i need to go home. But for some reason, i'm kind of scared to go.what if they refuse. These ppl have no common sense. May be they will tell me to apply via mail and it will take another 3 months.Please pray for me,guys.

Thanks.Good luck to everyone.

Eric, this sounds like nothing more than one more poorly written generic letter from the USCIS.

"This letter is to inform you that we are unable to approve your application at this time"??!!! Hell.. that almost sounds like a denial if you don't read between the lines :eek: . They could've said "We apologize for not being able to complete the processing of your case as of yet..." or something to that effect. Even on approval it doesn't get any better; "After approving your application we've ordered you a new card"!?... I mean feel free to add a "Congratulations" or something!! Sometimes you really gotta wonder why they don't send these people in charge to some sort of business writing course...

And I don't get the deal about them asking for your EAD, and entering something in the computer. Don't they have that in the system already? My guess is, she was probably noting that you've been "served" the letter :rolleyes: Either way brah.. don't panic, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

thienthanh, Didha and Dhakya,

Thanks for the heart warming words. I know its nothing but just a poorly written band-aid letter which they are giving away to keep me from asking my status for the next 6 months. Anyway, I won't be bugging them anymore. Congressman Kenny Marchant will be.

How about we form a list of all the people who are waiting on the approval for over 180 days and present it to the congressman so we have stronger case. I have already initiated an inquiry with his office and his secretary has promised to help me out after I fill out "release of private information" form.

Thanks

Eric