• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green-Card holders who've been allowed entry to the US after a long absence-Post your experience

My experience:

I was outside of USA for more than 18 months and i thought that i lost my legal status as a permanent resident. But i decided to risk and go back to USA after long absence, so what i did, i just bought one way ticket to USA and flew. After landed, i was afraid, but the officer just asked why i was outside the US, i told him, that i have some family issue and thats it, he said welcome back and admitted after more than 18 months :) So my advice, if you are outside the US for a long time, do not got to consulate or embassy for a returning visas or smth, just buy ONE WAY ticket, put the smile on your face at the port of entry and tell them something they want to hear :)))) good luck

My experience:

I was outside of USA for more than 18 months and i thought that i lost my legal status as a permanent resident. But i decided to risk and go back to USA after long absence, so what i did, i just bought one way ticket to USA and flew. After landed, i was afraid, but the officer just asked why i was outside the US, i told him, that i have some family issue and thats it, he said welcome back and admitted after more than 18 months :) So my advice, if you are outside the US for a long time, do not got to consulate or embassy for a returning visas or smth, just buy ONE WAY ticket, put the smile on your face at the port of entry and tell them something they want to hear :)))) good luck

“Tell them something they want to hear” as in lie to an immigration officer, right? Yeah, igreat dea until you apply for naturalization unless of course you have no plan of doing so.