Going to Canada ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I just received an e-mail from someone who immigrated to Canada. I have no intention to look down on Canadians, but I decided to post here so that you can think about it if you are planning to move there.

"You made a smart move in escaping from the s*$*-hole
that is my native land. I was dumb enough in my
younger days to show a misplaced loyalty to the
douche-bags who run this %&%&%^% country. An american
company offered me a job and I turned it down!!

You have a latin last name, as do I, so one thing
you were lucky to avoid discovering is the 'nice'
(more like creepily passive-aggressive) way in which
these snake-like white trash red-necks EXCLUDE anyone
'different' from the upper echelons of management.
All for 'sound' reasons, you understand.

I've worked alongside BRILLIANT people of indian
backgrounds, chinese and italians and yet they
mysteriously never seem to get promoted. Instead,
one sees these mediocre people in management who,
however, know how to use the cadence in speech when
discussing stupid s*$ like last night's hockey game.

Canada= douchebag country filled with dirtbags, that
produce nothing more that oil, copper and b$*#(. I
would ask you a favour and AVOID filling the coffers
of this place and refrain as much as possible from
visiting this place. Spend your money in the place
that gave you a chance....f&*#%$& canada."

Last edited by a moderator:
canada doesnt have much jobs..50% jobs....50% salaries....40% taxes ...one of my friends gave the same remarks abut Canada, so i planned to stay back in US and pursue GC (I have canadian PR). I would rather go back India than Canada if things doesnt work out for me here.

-p

We shall preserve this America that we love so much. What a dream.

canada doesnt have much jobs..50% jobs....50% salaries....40% taxes ...one of my friends gave the same remarks abut Canada, so i planned to stay back in US and pursue GC (I have canadian PR). I would rather go back India than Canada if things doesnt work out for me here.

-p

Australia?

This is not the first time I hear bad comments about Canada. What about Australia? Has anybody gotten any information about the life of immigrants down under?

This is not the first time I hear bad comments about Canada. What about Australia? Has anybody gotten any information about the life of immigrants down under?

Australia is a much better bet than Canada but with the same job issue, but another aspect you need to be wary of is the stifling racism beneath the surface.Read about the Sydney riots for more.

Many Zimbabweans/Rhodesians and South Africans emigrated there and assimilated well because they were mostly white but the same cant be said for Indians and Chinese though.
Getting permanent residency in Australia is quite easy I hear.

I'm from Canada (Born and Raised) and your comments are way off. They have the good and bad just like any free country. Sure they have free health care and education, but they have high taxes to offset those costs. They have politician that don't do anything like lots of other places. They have good neighborhoods and crime too just like a lot of places.

Yet at the same time I read US employers taking advantage of H1B workers in this forum. Are you saying thoses bosses are not A-Holes? Obviously we are in this forum because we have ‘Priority Dates Retrogression Issues”. Waiting 5-10 years for a green card is,That to me is not a perfect situation. Yes I'm here because I like the US just like a lot of people. I like the weather, the low taxes and the people.

I’m definitely not saying Canada is better then the US. Or that the US is better then Canada. But as far as free countries go, they both have things that are good for some people and bad for others.

When you find a country which has free education, free health care, no taxes, no politics, no crime, good infrastructure, all the convenience of the west, Sun 365 days a year, I can make 100k a year but only work 20 hours a week and I can buy cheap ocean front properly. Let me know I’m be the first one to put in my immigration application.

Give me a break.

Rob

I have citizenship in Canada (lived there from when i was five years old); permanent residency in Australia and USA.

Canada is very difficult for professionals to break in; who have foreign education/experience.
What about people with a US degree and years of US experience? Is that also considered "too foreign" for Canada?

I came accross this site. The man there is saying experiences that resembles my own:

http://notcanada.com/

ERP and UnitedNations,

I think the issue is more complex than that. Personally I do not believe that it is just a matter of foreign degrees or not. Listen to this, it is not an isolated case:
I visited a friend there two weeks ago. His son graduated from aviation school in Canada. The son was born in Canada, he is white. There is no excuse for racism. Where is the boy now? In South America. He looked for jobs in Canada for a very, very long time (1.5 year). He reports that the vast majority of his classmates who graduated in Canada cannot find a job there as entry-level pilot (unless you go to the icy hell in Yukon risking landing in the ice and killing yourself for very low wages). That tells me that the country is weak not only for foreigners, but it is obvious even worse for foreigners. It is not place for ambitious people to go to. My own country provide health care better than Canada and I paid 15% in taxes there, with more opportunities.

I do not want to target Canada and I do not think that is the worst country in the world. I moved there persuaded by so many misperceptions and because many people there gave me a picture that "Canada was the best". UnitedNations said it. There is a profound and sick sense of superiority from many Canadians. One should not to fall in that trap. As you can see, I was smart enough to detect that, but some people like the fellow who wrote the profound e-mail I listed above is really frustrated after investing his time there. It is fine that Canada has problems. Let's just admit it. Thanks good Lord, I took the risk. I departed Canada after 1 month of landing there, I lost my Canadian PR waiting for GC, I survived the greencard processing here and now it is party time!

My message for those fighting the greencard mess is to hang in there. If you have to leave, always consider family back home. Remember, US is the best, and back home is usually the second best. The H1B program is not an US problem. It is just a consequence of growth and success.

God Bless America. My Home Sweet Home!

I'm from Canada (Born and Raised) and your comments are way off. They have the good and bad just like any free country. Sure they have free health care and education, but they have high taxes to offset those costs. They have politician that don't do anything like lots of other places. They have good neighborhoods and crime too just like a lot of places.

Yet at the same time I read US employers taking advantage of H1B workers in this forum. Are you saying thoses bosses are not A-Holes? Obviously we are in this forum because we have ‘Priority Dates Retrogression Issues”. Waiting 5-10 years for a green card is,That to me is not a perfect situation. Yes I'm here because I like the US just like a lot of people. I like the weather, the low taxes and the people.

I’m definitely not saying Canada is better then the US. Or that the US is better then Canada. But as far as free countries go, they both have things that are good for some people and bad for others.

When you find a country which has free education, free health care, no taxes, no politics, no crime, good infrastructure, all the convenience of the west, Sun 365 days a year, I can make 100k a year but only work 20 hours a week and I can buy cheap ocean front properly. Let me know I’m be the first one to put in my immigration application.

Give me a break.

Rob

I visited a friend there two weeks ago. His son graduated from aviation school in Canada. The son was born in Canada, he is white. There is no excuse for racism. Where is the boy now? In South America. He looked for jobs in Canada for a very, very long time (1.5 year). He reports that the vast majority of his classmates who graduated in Canada cannot find a job there as entry-level pilot (unless you go to the icy hell in Yukon risking landing in the ice and killing yourself for very low wages).
A pilot's situation is not a good example, because the airline industry in North America is in shambles and is shrinking. He would have had the same problems looking for a job as a pilot in the US.

But yes, I have heard from others that the job situation there is not good and the taxes are terrible. The real benefit of going there is so you can get citizenship and use a TN visa to work in the US without the restrictions that come with H1. But you'd have to be prepared to do whatever kind of drudge work to survive, and/or spend the time studying for a Masters or PhD while you wait for citizenship. Or start your own company.

I would like to hear some more about the free education concept. and studying for ms\phd while waiting for citizenship would be option for some. student life in canada can not be so bad compared to US.

But yes, I have heard from others that the job situation there is not good and the taxes are terrible. The real benefit of going there is so you can get citizenship and use a TN visa to work in the US without the restrictions that come with H1. But you'd have to be prepared to do whatever kind of drudge work to survive, and/or spend the time studying for a Masters or PhD while you wait for citizenship. Or start your own company.

don't go to Canada! Job market sucks, pay rate is low, taxes are high, high educated professionals work as taxi drivers, racism...

High Taxes

High taxes is not a bad thing... They take care of health care .. making health care efficient and quite cheaper .. compared to US. In US the health care industry have to do so much of additional paper work and hire a big team of workers just to do the claims from the insurance industry. And the high malpractice cost the health care worker has to pay .. All makes healthcare so expensive out here and imperfect ... ( doctors order all types of tests, which many not be needed.. just to save there skin)

So here if you are not paying higher taxes ... you indirectly pay else where...

Norway is ranked the best country to live .. they have very high taxes too ... but look at the other end of spectrum .. Live is good there.

I heard some good things about Australian IT job market. Specially if you have US work experience. Anyone has more comments on this?

High taxes is not a bad thing... They take care of health care .. making health care efficient and quite cheaper .. compared to US. In US the health care industry have to do so much of additional paper work and hire a big team of workers just to do the claims from the insurance industry. And the high malpractice cost the health care worker has to pay .. All makes healthcare so expensive out here and imperfect ... ( doctors order all types of tests, which many not be needed.. just to save there skin)

Norway is ranked the best country to live .. they have very high taxes too ... but look at the other end of spectrum .. Live is good there.
I have a relative over there.....they are not the cream of crops.......but if you are a enterprenaur in norway /or any commonwealth country......you have to pay a big price...

employees get 5 weeks of paid leave.....9 months of maternity leave (not paid) ...they can take sick time anytime....

in other words....you cannot depend on employees to run your business....becos of strict labor laws....

but if you have a good job........life cannot be better......
* you get 3 years of unemployment benefits for every one year of active employment...
* nine months maternity leave...
taxes are bit high, and health services are not as good as usa.....but i think its not as bad as UK

but the worst part is the weather......and weird daylight (its very near to north pole)

they get depressed in winters because of dark and cold winters..

but at the same time....economy is not great....unemployment must be as much as 10%

Australia on the other hand is not doing so bad.....i almost feel that its next best to USA, even though number of jobs in india in IT are far more than in Australia.....(i still feel number of jobs to number of candidates ratio is better in USA than anyplace on earth)

Australia on the other hand is not doing so bad.....i almost feel that its next best to USA, even though number of jobs in india in IT are far more than in Australia.....(i still feel number of jobs to number of candidates ratio is better in USA than anyplace on earth)

Australia according to a recent BBC article is the Saudi Arabia of Uranium.
Don't be surprised if theres a War in Australia coming to a theater near you.

But you're essentially right, US is the place to be at least for now, in say 50 yrs maybe Russia might be the place especially with their declining birthrates, but again the Russian bear is a worse place to live and xenophobia is rife.

taxes are bit high, and health services are not as good as usa.....but i think its not as bad as UK

The United States spends more per person on health care than any other country, yet in overall quality its care ranks 37th in the world, says a World Health Organization analysis. It concluded that France provides the globe's best health care. Norway is 11th best ... UK is 18th.

INDIA -- 112
PAK - 122

The United States spends more per person on health care than any other country, yet in overall quality its care ranks 37th in the world, says a World Health Organization analysis. It concluded that France provides the globe's best health care. Norway is 11th best ... UK is 18th.

INDIA -- 112
PAK - 122

Where did you get these figures from?

Yes, high taxes can be very bad. It depends on your situation. Who cares with high costs of medical care in the US if you are 25-45, health, ambitious, qualified, bright professional plenty of jobs for you? My currently employer pays my excellent medical plan in the US for me and my family. People talk about health care in Canada and I laugh because MY health care is much better than theirs. That is over rated anyway, because the place I came from has a better and more accessible health care system than Canada.

As long as I keep working hard for the next few years, finish my masters program, get my next job and keep changing jobs accordingly, God Willing when I start get sick after 50 I will have enough assets, a decent retirement plan already lined up. That is the beauty of capitalism. Canadians will never raise their standard of living if they keep praising their health care system. That is for sure.

As long as I keep working hard for the next few years, finish my masters program, get my next job and keep changing jobs accordingly, God Willing when I start get sick after 50 I will have enough assets, a decent retirement plan already lined up. That is the beauty of capitalism. Canadians will never raise their standard of living if they keep praising their health care system. That is for sure.

the thing is that ... when you turn 50 or older ... companies might not be willing to hire you .. if they have to provide health insurance to you and Ur family. { I am not talking about present .. but 25 years hence when U turn 50}

You know how the insurance rates shoots up as U become older.

GM is spending more money for health care than for buying steel... How long do you think they will be able to fight the Japanese car makers ... where the company do not have care for healthcare expense - as the Govt takes care of it.

You are young and healthy ... and Ur rates might be very low .. and it might be you never have used UR health insurance card yet.. So U do not know how much is Ur Out of Pocket Expense .. in event of some major crisis. However good the insurance you have .. bottom line is when the expense gets bigger .. insurance companies do everything possible to minimise there expense.

Think if you are 65+ and unable to live on UR own .. and U need assistance .. You may have to go to Nursing home.
At present cost .. going to a decent nursing home will cost you $5000 a month and up .. and at that stage if you have very good asset build up .. which will sustain till end of the life ... that will be good .. If not you may end up donating everything you have to charity .. and take the Medicare

Where did you get these figures from?

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan