• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ghana 2008

Positive Thinking Brothers

Hi Brothers,

I am just too excited about the positive stance of Abeku. His response to amoreek case is particularly meticulous. I agree with his last suggestion "To be proactive however, you can email KCC directly for confirmation if you are not particularly comfortable with the situation." But want to add that as a matter of fact, the only viable and concrete action at this stage is to contact KCC (as a matter of urgency rather than for comfort) to be 100% certain of the advice given in Accra. I have seen situations were embassy officials give misleading information in situations where they either don't understand the query or as a way of clearing backlog of querries.

I am optimistic that all Africa case numbers would be current by the end of july.

Confirmation received

Hi Brothers,

I am just too excited about the positive stance of Abeku. His response to amoreek case is particularly meticulous. I agree with his last suggestion "To be proactive however, you can email KCC directly for confirmation if you are not particularly comfortable with the situation." But want to add that as a matter of fact, the only viable and concrete action at this stage is to contact KCC (as a matter of urgency rather than for comfort) to be 100% certain of the advice given in Accra. I have seen situations were embassy officials give misleading information in situations where they either don't understand the query or as a way of clearing backlog of querries.

I am optimistic that all Africa case numbers would be current by the end of july.

I think Abeku's suggestion was directed to me. However, KCC has advised me to direct any further questions to Accra. To be sure of the authenticity of the information, I emailed Accra requesting for written confirmation. I received the reply today saying I SHOULD go for the interview before the medical examination. Maybe they dont want those who may be denied to waste much money. Good one there!

Reassuring

That's reassuring now. Once there is a written reply documenting the advice, you can be pretty sure that the directive is authentic. Best wishes with your interview rjorj93.

Emailed affidavit?

Anything new? Everyone is so quiet.

two weeks to go and still no 2nd NL. My sponsor is also going to post the affidavit today but he will send an email with an attachment of it to me just in case the original doesnt get to me early. You think i can use it, and promise to send the original when submitting the medicals?

HIGH CASE NUMBER, Ghanaian living in Italy.2008

My CN is 2008AF00056XXX, i live in italy. Do i have any chances to be current coming this july, august....how can i get medications done prior to recieving the second letter. i have affidavit form I-134 filed, is it OK for proving financial status or do i still have to provide bank statement of abt $11,000.:cool:

My CN is 2008AF00056XXX, i live in italy. Do i have any chances to be current coming this july, august....how can i get medications done prior to recieving the second letter. i have affidavit form I-134 filed, is it OK for proving financial status or do i still have to provide bank statement of abt $11,000.:cool:

Let's hope for Africa to become current in September so that you will be cleared of this. Interview before medicals if you will have them in Ghana. Affidavit - okay; affidavit and bank statement - better. GOOD LUCK.

First interview had

Hi folks, I have had my first interview and I have been asked to do the medicals and go back in August with my police certificate.I think the processing in Ghana is a bit unique.
There is something I would call group counselling before applicants go ahead to pay the fees. Make sure you have at least five passes including Maths and English at the "O" levels/SSSCE. E is a pass. At the first interview, the embassy will look at only the qualifying documents, passport and application fee.You will be asked to bring all other documents but no problem if you have them already.You can postpone if you are not ready for the interview but applicants are advised not to do so. Please make sure you go along with two of their usual passport photos (I spent 10 Cedis to get them around the embassy). I saw an applicant who came for the interview today instead of yesterday but he was attended to. Remember, first interview before medicals. I wonder how they will handle those who will become current in September. Please, if you did not include your spouse in the electronic application, he/she will be refused! It's pasted right there at Window 2.
Hey, their questions are simple but be prepared for anything. If you are genuin, no sweat. ALL THE BEST.

Hi folks, I have had my first interview and I have been asked to do the medicals and go back in August with my police certificate.
Why do they want you to wait for 3 precious months before bringing your police certificate and completing your process; August is just too close to September when everything ends.

Hi folks, I have had my first interview and I have been asked to do the medicals and go back in August with my police certificate.I think the processing in Ghana is a bit unique.
There is something I would call group counselling before applicants go ahead to pay the fees. Make sure you have at least five passes including Maths and English at the "O" levels/SSSCE. E is a pass. At the first interview, the embassy will look at only the qualifying documents, passport and application fee.You will be asked to bring all other documents but no problem if you have them already.You can postpone if you are not ready for the interview but applicants are advised not to do so. Please make sure you go along with two of their usual passport photos (I spent 10 Cedis to get them around the embassy). I saw an applicant who came for the interview today instead of yesterday but he was attended to. Remember, first interview before medicals. I wonder how they will handle those who will become current in September. Please, if you did not include your spouse in the electronic application, he/she will be refused! It's pasted right there at Window 2.
Hey, their questions are simple but be prepared for anything. If you are genuin, no sweat. ALL THE BEST.

Congratulations in advance, I know it's a done deal !!!

I think anyone who had a successful interview yesterday in Accra was asked to come back on 4th August. They give such a long period so that you can have enough time to acquire such things as affidavit, police cert, etc. Surprisingly the officer asked whether I had had the medicals- meaning it will be accepted if you do it at the right place. So the septembers......
Thanks, Abeku.

As to what I intend to do in the US, I wrote TEACHING. What do i say if i am asked the same question at the interview since i may not qualify to teach instantly?
Why are you saying you had your first interview yesterday, does it mean winners will be interviewed more than once?
Thanks a lot for the Thread

are u guys saying the medicals should be done after the interview? I am lost because instruction from KCC says it should be done b4 the interview.

Hello,

Got our second letter today. scheduled for interview in June in London.
About the affidavit of support, is there a special form for my sponsor to fill.
Is so any link to the form please?
What are some of the major questions asked? And what to be careful about.
Thanks

Why are you saying you had your first interview yesterday, does it mean winners will be interviewed more than once?
Thanks a lot for the Thread

Yes, because you will be at least attended by a consular officer when you submit the rest of your documents.

are u guys saying the medicals should be done after the interview? I am lost because instruction from KCC says it should be done b4 the interview.

The second letter is contradictory as well. It contains two sets of sheets. One says BEFORE interview and the other says AFTER. I think the former is a general instruction for every DV winner whereas the latter is addressed to only Ghanaian winners, because that one contains the centres for the medicals. Please call the embassy for confirmation.

Hello,

Got our second letter today. scheduled for interview in June in London.
About the affidavit of support, is there a special form for my sponsor to fill.
Is so any link to the form please?
What are some of the major questions asked? And what to be careful about.
Thanks

I-134 but my sponsor used I-864. The i-134 is here: www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf
The interviewer asked me about what I teach and whether I could teach that in the U.S. I think I impressed him. Dont talk too much, otherwise you create unexpected questions from him. However, I talked to create a particular question and it worked for me. Lol.

Hi I am winner of 2009. My supporter gave me his add and tel no. But after reading through the affidavit instruction, he realised he doesn't qualify cos he doesn't earn much even though he went to us with DV can I use my own statement and papers of a car and tractor. And how much must I have in the account at time of interveiw?