• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ghana 2008

i made some enquiries and i was told the embassy in Ghana doesnt give out the medical forms until you have had a successful interview

Hi everyone, im fairly new to this. i had a question about the medicals, my CN is pretty high and im scheduled for interview in the middle of sept. I chose to do CP and im currently not in the country. i was wondering how long the medicals take and can i do it before my interview or i have to do it after the interview? if it possible i do the medicals before the interview, where do i obtain the forms? I'm kinda worried about the sept 30 deadline!! Thanks a bunch!!

I'm in the same situation as you - also out of the country now. I mailed the embassy in accra and i was told to do my medicals before the interview - looking at how close my date is to the sept 30 deadline. As far as i know, you don't need any forms from the embassy to do the medicals. Every info you need about the medicals will be in the 2nd notification letter. Besides, the appointed hospitals know how to go about dv medicals...

Good News

Hi all, I submitted my medicals today and picked my visa collection ticket. Thanks for your prayers.
The officer only asked if I was Mr. ....... and whether I brought my passport. She congratulated me and asked me to go for the visa on a given date.

Hi all, I submitted my medicals today and picked my visa collection ticket. Thanks for your prayers.
The officer only asked if I was Mr. ....... and whether I brought my passport. She congratulated me and asked me to go for the visa on a given date.

Congrats, Jorj93.... glad it worked out for you.

kudos bro !!!

Congrats man!! i'm happy for you. I got my 2nd NL today. It has 3 hospitals listed: Akai house; holy trinity; and Medlab, each with a different specialization. Does that mean I should go to all three or just any one of them can handle all the medicals, eg Akai house? The embassy says I should do my medicals before the interview looking at how close I'm to the deadline. Do I need to pick up any medicals forms from the embassy before going to the clinic or I can just go there straight?

please winners from ghana help!!!!!

hi every body in there.
i just joined the site n i am from ghana . i am just about to attend interview for the dv 2008 in august . pls can u explain to me how the physical exams is done at akai and the procedure to go thru at the us embassy in ghana.
any form of help would be very much appreciated. pls questions that can be asked.
pls shd i have to by all means send my bank statement and the tax returns for my sponsor. i dont have that( tax returns) becuase my sponsor is not doing his own biz. he is an employee in a govt setup in the usa.
pls help. how much is the $775 in cedis at the embassy and how much is the medicals in ghana cedis.
pls help me now :confused:

Important!

On the issue of medicals, just go to Akai House with your 3 passport photos, passport and a sum of GH 260.
The physicals is about your height, weight, sight, a couple of body touches by the doctor and some oral questions on your medical history.
It is important to send all the documents requested in the NL.Your sponsor should have the tax cert even if he works for the gov, and it should be for the past 3yrs.
There should not be panic in the embassy. Send everything requested, including 2 passport size photos. No cellphones!
Once again, Thank you all.

congrats jorg

man, congratulations on ur visa success i am happy fro u. and thx for ur reply but pls i dont have the tax cert with the aos. will i be refused the visa once i attend the interview this month?
pls help

Congrats bro.
Pray for us as well.

thank you so much for your concern. I am praying that everyone in this forum gets a visa.
Kwesi, as you can see I only give advice based on my interview experience. After my first interview I was given a blue paper (A4 size) requesting me to bring the other documents I did not send (police cert and medicals). I think it was on that paper that I saw the info on tax issue.
My broda, you may not even be asked to provide any affidavit at all, a bank statement might be enough. Amen! Could you believe that I went to the embassy without my personal bank statement nor one from my sponsor? My aos included only the form I864, tax cert, letter from employer, and certificate of citizenship. The embassy could have asked me to bring the bank staement on my second interview if they wanted me to.
You may not have the chance for a second interview, looking at your interview period, and so I would advise you to arm yourself.
call me on 0243127130. Goodluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Really happy to meet fellow africans here. I won the dv lottery for 2009.Can some please share their experience at the embassy here in ghana?

I hear singles were not ask anything about affidavit
of support, is that true?

God bless all 2009 dv winners from ghana

CN 2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Posted letter 26/5/08 by fedex
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

jorj93, did you take the w-2's with you when you submitted you AOS? and im kinda confused as to which AOS to use, some are saying the 134 and others say the 864. did the consular have any preference?

jorj93, did you take the w-2's with you when you submitted you AOS? and im kinda confused as to which AOS to use, some are saying the 134 and others say the 864. did the consular have any preference?

for dv you must fill I-134, not 864 which is meant for family-based visas (check page 13 of attached file). I've no clue what u mean by w-2; huh, too much jargon on this forum...

Hello every one, i hope you are all doing well.

In my case i told my sponsor i will need
Affidavit of Support I-134
W2 2006/2007
1040 2006/2007
Tax returns 2006/2007
I believe your sponsor knows what all those things are and they will provide them as such. But please make sure you get the original copy and not photocopy or fax cos some people were asked to bring their original when they presented the fax of the support.

Hello every one, i hope you are all doing well.

In my case i told my sponsor i will need
Affidavit of Support I-134
W2 2006/2007
1040 2006/2007
Tax returns 2006/2007
I believe your sponsor knows what all those things are and they will provide them as such. But please make sure you get the original copy and not photocopy or fax cos some people were asked to bring their original when they presented the fax of the support.

FYI... 1040 and tax return are the same thing.... The 1040 is the name of the form that is used in filing one's tax return..

Affidavit of Support

for dv you must fill I-134, not 864 which is meant for family-based visas (check page 13 of attached file). I've no clue what u mean by w-2; huh, too much jargon on this forum...

In my case, after my succesful interview the consular gave me an A4 sheet blue sheet of paper and circled on the things i'm suppose to bring on my second interview. On that paper i was asked for Affidavit of Support I-134. I asked a certain man about the support and he made me aware that, i will have to provide:
Affidavit of Support
W2 2006/2007
1040 2006/2007
Tax Returns 2006/2007

NB: Make sure your sponsor sends the original copy to you personally cos some people were asked to come again with the original copy of the Support when they presented the fax.
But don't worry your sponsor knows all about this.
Good luck to you all.

THE FAVOR OF GOD IS UPON EVERY WINNER AND AS SUCH YOU WILL NEVER BE DENIED.

A W-2 is a form that is given to you at the end of the year by your employer for your tax preparation. The Internal Revenue Service (Tax dept.) also receive a copy of this form. The W-2 summarizes your yearly income, taxes paid to the local, state and federal goverment, etc... This information is used to calculate how much taxes you still owe the various government agencies or how much taxes you have overpayed and thus are owed by the government in a form of a refund. Your sponsor will be aware of what is required of them when they start to fill out the I-134 form

I also held the same notion until they accepted my i-864 (what my sponsor brought). Maybe i was lucky.

2009 DV PRAYER FOR GHANA

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121.

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23

Heavenly Father, with my heart full of thanksgiving and my mouth filled with praise I come before you as your child. You O Lord are the possessor of Heaven and Earth. I bow my knees before you and acknowledge you as my King. You are my shield and my defense; My Lord I thank you for making me and other fellow Ghanaians winners of the 2009 DV programme. Father the real battle starts from 1st October, 2008 – 31th September, 2009, this I Commit into your HANDS. Father there is no way we can go through all the processes including the INTERVIEW on our own and come out VICTORIOUS that is why we are laying our petition (DV VISA) before your THRONE OF GRACE AND MERCY this moment.

Father the BATTLE IS YOURS NOT OURS! In the name of JESUS WE CAST OUT EVERY SPIRIT OF SHAME, DISGRACE AND DISAPPOINTMENT from our lives. Father, please help us make ready all DV documents and lead each and everyone us to the embassy for the interview.

Father, WE COME AGAINST ANY SPIRIT OF FEAR IN THE NAME OF JESUS! Cause us to be very calm knowing that you are GOD.

Father, you are our only HOPE that is why we have come before you to see us through. You CLOSED the mouths of LIONS and they could not eat up Daniel. By your power you TURNED the red sea into DRY LAND; you made it POSSIBLE for Abraham and Sarah have children when it was past the right age for them to have children. My God, out of Abraham came many NATIONS, You answered Hannah’s prayer by opening up her womb and she had children. We are also very much aware of the GREAT AND MIGTHY things you did in Egypt to get the children of Israel of out of that country.

You are the same awesome God that we have come to and we BELIEVE you can do same for us. Anoint our heads with oil and fill our mouths with LAUGHTER. Instead of shame, Father give us DOUBLE HONOUR. Cause DOORS that were once closed to OPEN NOW before us IN JESUS NAME.

Father, let no consular overturn our harvest, let your power of LOVE touch their hearts and minds and cause them to be at peace with us when we go for the interview.

Father, this is THE HOUR OF VISITATION AND AMERICA IS NOW NEARER THAN BEFORE, by faith we declare that the HEAVENS ARE OPENED over lives, the devourer is REBUKED, and we receive victory in the NAME OF JESUS.

WE RECEIVE TODAY, THE ANOINTING TO BEGIN, THE ANOINTING TO CONTINUE AND THE ANOINTING TO FINISH. We are fully persuaded that He, who has started a good work in us, will bring it into completion IN JESUS NAME.

We lift up our hands to RECEIVE ALL the BLESSINGS, FAVOURS, MERCIES, GRACE AND VICTORIES FOR THIS SEASON.

ALMIGHTY GOD, WE THANK YOU AND WE CALL IT DONE IN JESUS NAME AMEN….

CN 2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Posted letter 26/5/08 by fedex
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL