Generating Socio-Political Awarenes through paid Media Advertisements

Are Paid Media Ads productive & Which avenues

• Yes they are; In small newspapers in cities with heavy immigrant population

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Yes they are; In newspapers with National as well as regional coverage in areas where the political

Votes: 58 68.2%
  • Yes they are; In newspapers which are staples of the business community (e.g. WSJ)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Yes they are; In other Large newspapers with nation-wide as well as international readership (e.g. N

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Paid media Ads are not very productive

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
More Republicans are not in favour

I was looking at the Vote result of S.1932
In this majority of democrates were against for this immigration reform, even the major states like new york, california, Illinois.
Eg; Miss Clinton voted against it.
The states that voted agaist are AR, CA, CT, Delaware,MAine,Maryland,MA,Michigan,Minnesota,ND,RI,WA,WV,WI.
Our group from all these sates should contact the congress men, If we loose this opportunity there ends the matter.
Best thing is to draft a letter and fax it.
thanks

URGENT - Please take note !

Please write to congressmans based on the good template posted by Anil and others in S1932 section.

We need to stay focussed on the EB Retrogression scenario only. I heard from top lawyers in immigration business ( THey write law text books ! - they are CA based, they said If affected folks are EB Category applicants they have a good chance to get more current dates. We are fighting a losing battle by asking H1 increase !!!.

If we all folks focus on H1 B CAP INCREASE WE STAND TO LOOSE EVERYTHING. Since most avg americans and folks in congress think we are " Excess Baggage " if we campaign for H1 B increase. Since our immediate need is a EB Visa, we need to focus exclusively on EB Visa. Why worry about what we can do for H1 cap increase ?. (2) it is big companies like infosys and wipro who benefit and we are fighting proxy for them ??

Agree with Sundar

Let's stay focused on our issue - EB visa retrgression. I am willing to contribute to the ad on Roll Call, but it has to be fast! We are losing time.

sundar99 said:
Please write to congressmans based on the good template posted by Anil and others in S1932 section.

We need to stay focussed on the EB Retrogression scenario only. I heard from top lawyers in immigration business ( THey write law text books ! - they are CA based, they said If affected folks are EB Category applicants they have a good chance to get more current dates. We are fighting a losing battle by asking H1 increase !!!.

If we all folks focus on H1 B CAP INCREASE WE STAND TO LOOSE EVERYTHING. Since most avg americans and folks in congress think we are " Excess Baggage " if we campaign for H1 B increase. Since our immediate need is a EB Visa, we need to focus exclusively on EB Visa. Why worry about what we can do for H1 cap increase ?. (2) it is big companies like infosys and wipro who benefit and we are fighting proxy for them ??

Do the ads Fast and Show only EB Retro Only

Pls remember in the ADvt...our business is EB Retro Only... if folks need H1 CAP increase, let them talk to Infosys or Wipro..since they are direct beneficiaries and they need to work towards that.

Our " Business is to get the EB Retro fixed for now and future.." also suggest $ increase for processing like 1000, and also say for every addtl family another 1000, that way we can show revenue earnings of 400 million for 90 K visa increase... since most americans do not approve tax hikes, since this money comes for them free.. they also need money due to Katrina, Wilma etc.. this will be a mutual business oportunity for us and them. Since we need the visas to be current, we should all release $ for this purpose... Also emphasis..there will be no job cuts here, unlike a H1 cap increase..which will not benefit anyone except MNC !!!!!

Do u all agree..since Americans understand $ more than any issues... !!

Grand total so far...........

vsaksena................................$150 AND more as needed
gcby2020............................... $150
techy2468.............................. $100
santosh_30..............................$150 AND more as needed
belmont99............................... $100
mydearcard..............................$150 AND more as needed
anil007dc.................................$$$s not specified
lorestan...................................$$$s not specified
sunjoshi...................................$150 (UNCONDITIONAL ---YAY)
charlotteperson.........................$100
itsme1.....................................$100
neha_wal.................................$100
njrirlabor..................................$$$ not specified
hariani.....................................$150
Pwagaj………………………………………….$100
Zbd……………………………………………….$100 (assumed contribution)
EAin2005………………………………………$200 (up to)
Dval dpal………………………………………$200 (wants ad in AJC)
Sobers………………………………………….$200
Anshushelly………………………………….$200+ (Unconditional…yay!!))
rvemuri....................................$300
neocor.....................................$100
vivek444..................................$200
gcsince2002..............................$100
logic........................................$200 and more as needed
hsb123....................................$150
pdakwala..................................$100
vattam.....................................$150
labor_paines.............................$200
------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL so far ...................$3,900

Time for some action

Guys.....At the rate at which we are going with the pledges it will be a while before we get to the money we need to advertise in a major newspaper. Maybe we can get the GC before we reach the target funds...just kidding...

Anyway, I propose that we do the following:
a) Rope in Mr. Khanna (show him the pedges)
b) Find where we can advertise with the funds pledged so far and get decent exposure. I look at this ad also as a platform to get more contributions for future ads. How much would a google ad cost? Any idea? If a BIG google ad is too expensive, we can use 2 or 3 catchy phrases to keep the google ad SMALL and in the AD ask the people to go to a webaddress for more information.
For e.g., We can say...
Do you know that Legal immigrants suffer more than Illegal Immigrants? Do you know that Legal immigrants can be in this country for more than 10 years and still be deported on a technicality but illegals can get opportunities (immigration reform) to become legal?
Do you know that Legal tax paying immigrants have to forego opportunities for promotion and severely limit career choices for long period (5-10 yrs)?
To learn more......go to www.removeretrogression.com

...soemthing like that.....

THis web address will have more details on our cause and it wont cost us as much as a full ad but still spread the word. Is anyone here tech-savvy enough to set up a website highlighting our cause? With the current hooplah about immigration reform, people will click an ad that talks about immigration....legal or illegal.....lets capitalize on that....

c) After Mr. Khanna gives his approval and after we come to consensus on where to put the ad, lets set up a fund to make payments via paypal with Mr. Khannas involvement to lend credibility
d) We should get the folks form Compete America involved

I hope we can achieve this in the next few weeks.

As I pointed out earlier, if we wait like this, it will take a long time to collect the money and the effotrs will lose steam as people will be demotivated by the slow response and will just take the reality of retrogression for granted. I am already seeing it happenign in some of the friends I know.

Anyway, this is my assessment of the situation so far. Comments are most welcome.

Santosh

Brilliant ideas! I admire you Santosh!

Also a correction - in the earlier calculation you missed my $150 as listed in message #73, so the grand total rolled up beyond $4,000 already!

United we stand; On ourselves we count.

santosh_30 said:
Guys.....At the rate at which we are going with the pledges it will be a while before we get to the money we need to advertise in a major newspaper. Maybe we can get the GC before we reach the target funds...just kidding...

Anyway, I propose that we do the following:
a) Rope in Mr. Khanna (show him the pedges)
b) Find where we can advertise with the funds pledged so far and get decent exposure. I look at this ad also as a platform to get more contributions for future ads. How much would a google ad cost? Any idea? If a BIG google ad is too expensive, we can use 2 or 3 catchy phrases to keep the google ad SMALL and in the AD ask the people to go to a webaddress for more information.
For e.g., We can say...
Do you know that Legal immigrants suffer more than Illegal Immigrants? Do you know that Legal immigrants can be in this country for more than 10 years and still be deported on a technicality but illegals can get opportunities (immigration reform) to become legal?
Do you know that Legal tax paying immigrants have to forego opportunities for promotion and severely limit career choices for long period (5-10 yrs)?
To learn more......go to www.removeretrogression.com

...soemthing like that.....

THis web address will have more details on our cause and it wont cost us as much as a full ad but still spread the word. Is anyone here tech-savvy enough to set up a website highlighting our cause? With the current hooplah about immigration reform, people will click an ad that talks about immigration....legal or illegal.....lets capitalize on that....

c) After Mr. Khanna gives his approval and after we come to consensus on where to put the ad, lets set up a fund to make payments via paypal with Mr. Khannas involvement to lend credibility
d) We should get the folks form Compete America involved

I hope we can achieve this in the next few weeks.

As I pointed out earlier, if we wait like this, it will take a long time to collect the money and the effotrs will lose steam as people will be demotivated by the slow response and will just take the reality of retrogression for granted. I am already seeing it happenign in some of the friends I know.

Anyway, this is my assessment of the situation so far. Comments are most welcome.

Santosh

Can't agree with you more - You got my high five.

Exactly, Sundar!

(1) "EB Retro Only" - Let's make our point simple and powerful.
(2) "processing $ increase" - good for the govt. and reversely that should do us good (why should they decline this big offer?). It shall also help to reduce the number of those people who submit more than one EB applications at a time and get several priority dates.

sundar99 said:
Pls remember in the ADvt...our business is EB Retro Only... if folks need H1 CAP increase, let them talk to Infosys or Wipro..since they are direct beneficiaries and they need to work towards that.

Our " Business is to get the EB Retro fixed for now and future.." also suggest $ increase for processing like 1000, and also say for every addtl family another 1000, that way we can show revenue earnings of 400 million for 90 K visa increase... since most americans do not approve tax hikes, since this money comes for them free.. they also need money due to Katrina, Wilma etc.. this will be a mutual business oportunity for us and them. Since we need the visas to be current, we should all release $ for this purpose... Also emphasis..there will be no job cuts here, unlike a H1 cap increase..which will not benefit anyone except MNC !!!!!

Do u all agree..since Americans understand $ more than any issues... !!

I would be glad to contribute $200. For this effort to deliver any fruit, we must somehow motivate more members of this forum to join in. Somebody has to take the lead with this effort. I have seen few members suggesting Mr. Khanna's office to take the lead on this but did not see it reach any conclusion. Is there a way for Law offices of Rajiv Khanna to respond to this and be involved with this specific task agressively in some way. We guys don't have much time left with HR 4241.

WaldenPond

somehow i think.....we all deserve what we are getting......i just saw the number of people who have participated in this poll.........62 .................wow........maybe not many people know about this forum.....or maybe we are just big suckers.....will suck anyone....since we assume thats our fate.....and we are grateful...that we got a chance to suck....so that we can have some luxury to show to our family/friends......sorry for loosing my temper.....but its pathetic...that there are supposed to be 100k people affected by this....and only 62 support some action....

Yes I am kinda dissapointed with the response too. But oh well, we'll work with what we got.

Has there been discussion about when/what outlet to put the ad? It seems sooner the better. Waiting on getting 100k or near abouts is prolly not practical. Lets do what we can, hope for the best

Since Arlen Spector was the one who brought this bill back on track after Senator Byrd introduce his amendment. We should get in touch with him again and in fact immediately. His contact information is as follows:

Arlen Specter (R-PA)
Phone: 202-224-4254
Fax: 12022281229
Email: http://specter.senate.gov/index.cfm...ontactInfo.Home

Let's do following things tomorrow.

1. Flood his office with the phone calls and request him to make sure that section 8001 and 8002 of s1932 is included in the final version of the bill.
2. If we have someone from PA (Arlen's state), have him or her to get in touch with his office asap and raise our concern.

Everyone, Game is still not over. We can bring things back on track. Just effort is needed.

SANDEEP

I noticed that ISNAMERICA is down and there is no way of getting to SensenBrenner and Lamar Smith...

Any ideas what to do next?

Also, I hope these people understand that when we say section 8001, we are actually wanting to include the SENATE VERSION which was stripped by HOUSE. OR ELSE we are in deep trouble...

reply from a journalist

I had responded to the article by a journalist on bloomberg.com. Here it is:

XXXXXXXXX wrote:
Dear Mr. Ferguson,

I read with interest your article on immigration
reform posted on bloomberg.com. I am a physician
scientist from India, in USA since 1995 patiently
waiting for the "green card" since last five years.
Thanks to totally dysfunctional Department of Labor I
am stuck at the first step of the green card process
for past five years. The way things are going, I may
not get my green card for another five years. That
means I cannot change my current job for a total of
ten years. And I am not alone. There are six million
legal immigrants (scientists, nurses, doctors,
computer programmers) in a similar situation. We have
become the collateral damage in the battle for
legalising illegal immigrants. Our careers have been
destroyed in so called land of opportunities. Our only
hope is if progressive writers like you publicise the
pathetic plight of legal immigrants. Otherwise we will
have no choice but to leave this country and try our
luck somewhere else.

XXXXXXXXX, MD

Mr Ferguson responded back promptly. Here is the response from him.

Dear Dr:

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and disturbing letter. I do hope to write more about the immigration issue in the future, and perhaps you would be willing to tell me more of your story when I do. I want to be fair to all sides in this complicated matter.

Thanks again for writing.

Andy Ferguson

newspaper article on problems we face

One of the articles I read in Seattle times pretty says it all. If any of you are talking to senators, congressmen or anyone who is interested to know some of the issues non-immigrants face, you should point them to this article. It really is painful, not only are we affecting our lives trying to make our dreams come true in the land of opportunities, the failed immigration system affects our loved ones from spouse, to kids and a whole generation waiting for an opportunity to the ironically land of opportunity.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002645309_visabacklog25m.html