Generating Socio-Political Awarenes through paid Media Advertisements

Are Paid Media Ads productive & Which avenues

• Yes they are; In small newspapers in cities with heavy immigrant population

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Yes they are; In newspapers with National as well as regional coverage in areas where the political

Votes: 58 68.2%
  • Yes they are; In newspapers which are staples of the business community (e.g. WSJ)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Yes they are; In other Large newspapers with nation-wide as well as international readership (e.g. N

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Paid media Ads are not very productive

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
Count me in for $150

Put me down for $150

What do you guys think of the asking an organization like TiE for help? TiE has a lot of clout with Senators/Congressmen and TiE members are mostly immigrants.

I'll try to bring up this subject the next time I meet people in the TiE commitees.

Anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area want to get together to discuss/start this?

Contact me: gaurav@blackspark.com

Making this thread a Sticky, Running total & other stuff

I had written to the administrator requesting information on how to make a thread a sticky, so that we don't have to keep buming it up. Got an email from the webmaster asking for the thread id & that he/she would take care of it...

Hopefuly that should be done by tommorow

Also wrote back to the administrator explaining our effort of trying to potray the plight of "legal" immigranst & our initiative towards publicizing/educating the people & the leadership. Pasted below is what I wrote

In addition the above thread seems to have generated quite a response from forum members, who are "very" interested in using the media to highlight our issues (Employment based immigrants being affected by the drawn out immigration process & Retrogression adding to the sufferings). A lot of us have even pledged contributions to cover expenses. That being said there is a common feeling in the group that we would like to correspond & confer with Mr. Rajiv Khanna about this, so as to make this a successful initiative.

We would also prefer to have the fund collection & administration initiative being headed & monitored by someone in Attorney Khanna's office.

We would really appreciate it, if you could convey/forward this email to Mr. Khanna, so he could share his views & opinions either by email or on the thread I am requested to be converted into a Sticky

Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards

Vikas

Hopefuly we will hear from Mr. Khanna

and update on pledges so far with the addition of itsme, neha_wal, hariani etc...

Userid....................................Proposed Contribution
-----------------------------------------------------
vsaksena................................$150 AND more as needed
gcby2020............................... $150
techy2468.............................. $100
santosh_30..............................$150 AND more as needed
belmont99............................... $100
mydearcard..............................$150 AND more as needed
anil007dc.................................$$$s not specified
lorestan...................................$$$s not specified
sunjoshi...................................$150 (UNCONDITIONAL ---YAY)
charlotteperson.........................$100
itsme1.....................................$100
neha_wal.................................$100
njrirlabor..................................$$$ not specified
hariani.....................................$150
-----------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL so far ...................$1,400

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to contact admin

I tried to contact administrator to ask her to make a "sticky" out of the poll but i got a messsage sayign tshe doe snot accept e-mails. How can we reach Rajiv? Ideas?

Santosh

Involving TiE would be a splendid idea

hariani said:
What do you guys think of the asking an organization like TiE for help? TiE has a lot of clout with Senators/Congressmen and TiE members are mostly immigrants.

I'll try to bring up this subject the next time I meet people in the TiE commitees.

Anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area want to get together to discuss/start this?

Contact me: gaurav@blackspark.com

Gaurav-
I feel that if we could get the TiE involved in this effort, it would be very fruitful from multiple angles. People like CK Prahlad, Desh Deshpande, Kanwal Rekhi & Rajat Gupta among others, would lend this initiative immense visibility, momentum & respectability.
Pls let me know what I and the other forum members can do to make this happen. I am in NH, but can probably drive down to CT, if needed...
Keep us posted.
When would you be able to get together with the TiE folks?

Vikas

Can anybody contact some print media like Washington post/NY times and find out if they will be will to print such an Ad. /cost etc.
I know you guys will ask, why don't you do it yourself. I'm in a training until Wednesday. I'll start this thing on Thursday. One thing I can tell you about washington post, it is an absolutely anti India n. paper. I guess if could get some chinese, Phillipene..Maxca..It will carry some weight otherwise it will sound as if Only Indians are crying, who gives the damn....

I'll be IN

But I'm not agree to remove country quota. It makes our condition worse for -Other Countries-.

It's also going to risk all case.

Requests should be acceptable.
Please post the proposal and lets discuss it.

I agree that complete removal of country cap is neither possible nor desirable as it will divide us which is the last thing we need now. Instead we should advocate to increase it to a reasonable level like 15-20%, or like the family-based cases, exempt certain percentage of numbers from per-country cap. The most important thing, IMHO, is to advocate the removal of dependent from the head count. I have a feeling that this should solve most of our misery, if not all. It also has already cleared the senate committe so it has good chance to be enacted in the near future. Per-country cap can be addressed in a separate immigration reform bill. For now, let us secure this. At the worst, the waiting time for GC will shorten from 7 years to 3 years. I will be very satisfied if this is true.

Anyone has any suggestions?

EA

zbd said:
But I'm not agree to remove country quota. It makes our condition worse for -Other Countries-.

It's also going to risk all case.

Requests should be acceptable.
Please post the proposal and lets discuss it.

I would say the worst aspect of the whole process in U.S. is employement based stuff. Current rules with current backlog expect a person to to stay with an employer for a decade or more. So one of the highlights should be to make the process employer independent after a certain number of years rather than a certain stage.

200$ from me if add comes in Atlanta journal constitution

user id- dval_dpal

hey guys i'm ready to do tht...but we should try to wake atlanta community...which is in very large amount....pls try to give one ad in AJC(atlanta journal constitution.....

thanks
dhaval

Aim ?

The Survey result doesn't indicate AJC. I don't think that our aim (business and Senate members) read AJC. It's wasting money. Please reconsider it.

Country Quota does not make sense; SUpport EB REcapture & Dependnt Numerical Exemptio

Counrty Quota does not make sense for EB immigrants. In fact it is paradoxical- these immigrants are being sponsored because of their skills. There is a diversity quota and family quota (which has country limits) for those people.

Moreover, folks from large countries like India and China arent't even eligible for diversity quota. Don't you think its nonsensical to compare countries like China and Nepal with 7% quotas each???

Seperately I favor recapture of EB numbers and exclusion of dependants. The USCIS, because of ite inefficiency, is responsible for this backlog and now relief measures are needed immediately.

Willing to contribute $100-200..whatever it takes for the awareness campaign.

We need to continue to call local congressman!!! (US Senator from your state or US representative from you district). Many of them aren't even aware of thi significant problem

Count $200+ on me without any condition

Please Count $200+ on me without any condition.

Folks, I think, at least 1000 people should come forward with $100+ (just than 0.1% of average NRI engineer's annual income) making a $100,000 with which our reps can turn the tides. This is not about the money, this is about our future, our family and most importantly what we really deserve and badly need.
We should contribute whole heartedly as only we have to find the solution for this problem --- we are smart people, I am sure we will make it. Way to go.

Wow.

We are getting a lot of responses.....and generous responses..this is good.

V, how come this post has not become sticky yet? Didnt the admin say she was going to do that?

GCBY was going to get some info from the techworkeres forum. Any word on that?

Any contact with Mr. Rajiv Khanna?

Dont let this die down. THis is important in addition to the other thigns that are happening. even if the Senate decides to pass the provisions, it will be some time before it becomes a law. SO we should not lax because we are seeing some positive hints form teh Senate. In the meanwhile we need to enforce the message by putting an ad.

Santosh.