GC for sister over 21

mals

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I recently got my citizenship. Can I apply GC for my sister who is over 21 years of age.

That is funny.

DO you know if there is faster route.

I am thinking...

I apply GC for mom.
Mom can apply for citizenship after 5 yrs
Then she can pllay for GC for her daugther..4 monts..

You think this is faster?

I am sorry . What is FB2B?

See now I am a citizen. If I apply for GC for mom now it is taking around 4-6 months ( as I gather form this board). So similiar should be the timeline when my mom ( when citizen) applies GC for her daugther

This is the logic I am going with. Please let me know if this wrong

See now I am a citizen. If I apply for GC for mom now it is taking around 4-6 months ( as I gather form this board). So similiar should be the timeline when my mom ( when citizen) applies GC for her daugther

This is the logic I am going with. Please let me know if this wrong

Your wait time goes by preference, your mother is first, your sister is fourth much longer wait.

immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (which include parents, spouses, and unmarried children under the age of 21, including orphans) and relatives who qualify for immigration to the United States under one of the family-based preferences:

First Preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. Adult means 21 years of age or older.

Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents and the unmarried sons and daughters (regardless of age) of lawful permanent residents and their unmarried children.

Third Preference: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, their spouses and their unmarried minor children.

Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens, their spouses and their unmarried minor children.

Last edited by a moderator:

The category your sister would be in when your mother files for her as a Permanent Resident; she'll switch to FB1 once your mother becomes a citizen.

If I apply for GC for mom now it is taking around 4-6 months ( as I gather form this board). So similiar should be the timeline when my mom ( when citizen) applies GC for her daugther

You are incorrect. Your mother is an Immediate Relative, and as such can get an immigrant visa immediately without numerical limitations. When your mother files for her daughter (your sister), your sister will fall into FB2B, FB1 or FB3. All three have a wait, and all three will take longer than it will take for your mother.

Thanks Real Canadian,

Thanks for sharing the information. You seem to be guru in these matters. Appreciate your help

Please let me know where we can find the timelines for these.

how much difference between FB3 and FB4