GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Folks,
I am applying for GC for my parents with CP. Can you please help me confirm what I need to send to start the process?
1) Form I-130 for each of them
2) My Nat cert copy (does it need to be notarized?)
3) My birth certificate copy (does it need to be notarized?)
4) My parents birth proofs (they don't have birth certificate, just Non-availability and affidavits from relatives - should I send originals or just copies would suffice? Do the copies of anything need to be notarized in the US?)
5) Their marriage certificate copy (does it need to be notarized?)
6) Form G-1145 for each of them
7) Payment checks for each

Do I mail the applications completely separately or together?
Do I need to include either G-355A or I-864 with these packets?
Do I need to include my marriage certificate copy?
We are applying for CP and not AOS as they are in India and they are willing to wait there.
What else am I missing?
THANK YOU!!

Hello,
I want to start a Green Card process for my parents. I read that there is a new 90 day rule for AOS. I wanted to apply while they visit me in the US on a visitor visa and together apply for I-130,I-1485 and I-131. Should I wait for 90 days to file concurrently or do I file I-130 first. If we file concurrently soon after they come to US, would that cause problem due to the 90 day rule.

Hello,
I want to start a Green Card process for my parents. I read that there is a new 90 day rule for AOS. I wanted to apply while they visit me in the US on a visitor visa and together apply for I-130,I-1485 and I-131. Should I wait for 90 days to file concurrently or do I file I-130 first. If we file concurrently soon after they come to US, would that cause problem due to the 90 day rule.

They cannot enter the US on a visitor visa with intent to AOS. That is fraud! They need to return to their home country at the end of their visit and await Consular Processing/interview there. Remember, a visitor visa is to visit. Then a return home.

Is it possible to file for I-130 while they are visiting US and they leave within 6 months and then continue the processing in India and Consular processing from there?

As a USC, you can initiate the i130 petition ANY time. Your folks don't need to be present in the US. In the meantime, they could apply to be admitted into the US on a B2 visa and leave once their visit is over. I wouldn't max out their six months; B2 visas are for short, temporary visits to the US. Once they return to India, they await Consular Processing for an IR5 visa.

I filed for my mother form I-130 which was approved. I got the I-797 approval. My mother is based in Chennai, India. What is the next step? NVC sends info to my mom? Thanks.

Have you received the next steps from the NVC yet? I was wondering how long after getting your I-797 approvals it came. Thank you!

We got the approval for in-laws with a PD as 09-MAR-2018 , which is when we had applied.

And then got the following e-mail after all the paperwork was approved on 01/Mar/2019. In-Laws have been waiting for the interview since then.
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.
NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), IND to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).
Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.
The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/interview for information about immigrant visa interviews.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
http://nvc.state.gov/ask

Can they travel to US on their visitor visa while they are still waiting ??

Can they travel to US on their visitor visa while they are still waiting ??

We generally advise against traveling on a visitor visa after an approved i-130.

An interview at Mumbai would be scheduled in the next couple of months, and they should rather enter on that IR5 visa.

We generally advise against traveling on a visitor visa after an approved i-130.

An interview at Mumbai would be scheduled in the next couple of months, and they should rather enter on that IR5 visa.

Is there any tracker or anything of that sort as to what dates are Mumbai consulate calling for interview.
Or is it random?
We had recd email on 1st march 2019 & got back nothing as yet whereas I just saw GC_BMBOO start a thread here and he has said his completion date was from May 2019.

The primary factor for delays is the volume of interviews being scheduled at any embassy. With 6 months elapsed, the USC petitioner should contact NVC to check if the parents' case is in queue for an interview.

The primary factor for delays is the volume of interviews being scheduled at any embassy. With 6 months elapsed, the USC petitioner should contact NVC to check if the parents' case is in queue for an interview.
1Aur, I tried contacting NVC using the phone for a week in the afternoon. No luck
Now We have filed up an inquiry form. NVC has stated that they will take almost a month before they respond.
I will try calling soon in the evenings. My problem is that the petitioner which is my wife , works till 9 pm. We have to find her off day and call in the evenings.

1Aur, I tried contacting NVC using the phone for a week in the afternoon. No luck
Now We have filed up an inquiry form. NVC has stated that they will take almost a month before they respond.
I will try calling soon in the evenings. My problem is that the petitioner which is my wife , works till 9 pm. We have to find her off day and call in the evenings.

NVC is unlikely to speak to anyone not a petitioner. Your USC wife would be the only authorized person to inquire about this case.

The issue with Mumbai consulate is the huge volume of immigrant applicants from India. Up until last year, Delhi and Mumbai used to share IV processing, but Delhi stopped doing so, forcing all India immigrant visa interviews to Mumbai.

Hi,

My brother is a USC and he just applied for my father online. does anyone know what is the next step do we get a receipt number even though we applied online ? how long it takes to get it ? thank you so much

Yes :) he has it, I have never seen any one applying online, what happens after applying online ? Thanks a lot

The ability to file i130 online is new but at least you should get all updates on myuscis as well as in the mail. What happens after is exactly the same as applying with paper, just a few days faster as you're not waiting for the mail.

The ability to file i130 online is new but at least you should get all updates on myuscis as well as in the mail. What happens after is exactly the same as applying with paper, just a few days faster as you're not waiting for the mail.
Thank you so much :)

Hi,
on December 9 we applied online for my father but we haven't received any mail since then, although on case status it says they have mailed us a receipt notice which describes how they will process our case.

do you know how long it takes to get that firs mail? thank you so much