GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

gvjagan, thank you so much. if i file I-130 now can my parents still visit in summer? will their current B1/2 be valid and usable?

dde,

That's a good question and important one too. Though the visa is valid but it establishes your intent to immigrate prior to their arrival.

Looks like you are back to the CP option. I may have jumped the gun too quickly with my earlier response.

Thanks.

gvjagan, thank you so much. if i file I-130 now can my parents still visit in summer? will their current B1/2 be valid and usable?

Hello,

The USCIS website states that, at California Service Center the I-130 and I-485 processing time is about 5 months! This info was last updated on May 31, 2009.

Is there anyone in this group whose case was transferred to California Service Center and has experienced a delayed or quicker timeline than what is posted for for CSC at USCIS website?

Thanks.

surya_p,

If you happen to look at recent messages in the forum, you will notice that CSC timelines are currently about 3 months once the case is transferred (this excludes the time for RFE response). But 5 months is a good time to go with.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

The USCIS website states that, at California Service Center the I-130 and I-485 processing time is about 5 months! This info was last updated on May 31, 2009.

Is there anyone in this group whose case was transferred to California Service Center and has experienced a delayed or quicker timeline than what is posted for for CSC at USCIS website?

Thanks.

Thanks!

surya_p,

If you happen to look at recent messages in the forum, you will notice that CSC timelines are currently about 3 months once the case is transferred (this excludes the time for RFE response). But 5 months is a good time to go with.

Hope this helps.

Have anyone file GC for one parent without filing for the other parent? My father is currently in the US, and I want to file AOS for him while he is here. My mother is back home, so I won't be able to file for hers. My father and mother are still married, so I am not sure if USCIS finds that strange or not. Some background info: my mother is of poor health, so she is not be able to live in the US at this time.

Another question is regarding an expedite AP. My oath ceremony is coming up, and I will be filing for my father's AOS the day of my ceremony. My father is a cancer patient, and he needs to go back home for a doctor appointment 3 weeks after the oath ceremony. I am hoping to get him an expedite AP. Should I file the expedite AP with the rest of the I-130/I-485? Or should I file the expedite AP via InfoPass after I-130/I-485 is filed and received?

Any thoughts?

helloUSA's is a different case - applying only for one parent and not for the other parent.

Your case, you are applying for both parents - just different method.

I am filing for my mom (AOS) and my father (CP). I don't think that's strange at all.

uk01,

The RFE I received (related to birth evidence of petitioner), the time given was 87 days. However, I am not sure if different RFEs have different deadlines.

Hope this helps.

How long did it take to receive the RFE notice in the mail from CSC after the published mailing date?

If I remember correctly, it took about a week. BTW I live on the East Coast (West Coast or Mid-west residents may receive earlier).

How long did it take to receive the RFE notice in the mail from CSC after the published mailing date?

I have a quick qs:

Can I apply for my parent's GC while they are in India? Also, what is the process of applying for parent's GC?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Sanjay... You are in the right thread. If you read the first page of this thread, you will find 99% of the information.

I am getting ready to file for GC for my mother and read this thread's first 2-3 pages. Sorry if I am asking a question answered previously but I didn't have the nerve to read all 60 pages.

1) Is the procedures/ forms for filing AoS still the same as mentioned on page 1 (130, 485)? Ofcourse, the latest fees amount need to be checked.
2) Can they both (130 and 485) still be filed concurrently?

Thanks for the help.

Have anyone file GC for one parent without filing for the other parent? My father is currently in the US, and I want to file AOS for him while he is here. My mother is back home, so I won't be able to file for hers. My father and mother are still married, so I am not sure if USCIS finds that strange or not. Some background info: my mother is of poor health, so she is not be able to live in the US at this time.

I filed only for my mom since my dad needs to finish some business still back home. So to answer your question, it's not a problem to file a petition for just one parent.

Hi everyone. Please, I need help on this issue.I'm USC and I like to file 1-130 for my mother at the end of the year. My question is, on my birth certificate my mother's middle name is mispelled . Besides Mohammed it states Mohammad on my birth certificate. And my mother has Mohammed on her birth certificate. I like to know what should I do before I send to USCIS. Do you think should I change my birth certificate? and If I change my birth certificates won't be a problem because it will be a new birth certificate?

I had the same problem with my mom's first name. It was also misspelled. What we did was get affidavits and submit that with the application.

Help - RFE I-485 questions

I received this today. I submitted BC from Chicago consulate and it looks like it has not worked out. I will set the process of getting NABC from my mother's birth place in India but what I am concerned about is the last Notes para. Can someone interpret that for me? I understand that as - affidavits from relatives certifying the birth is not valid. Is this the standard language that people have seen in RFE?

Please also recommend your inputs. I have a month within which to respond to RFE.

Thanks in advance.

Reproduced from RFE
This office is unable to complete the processing of your application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) without additional information. Because you sent USCIS an affidavit of birth instead of a birth certificate, further evidence is needed.

Birth Certificate

The birth certificate must have been timely registered, show the date and place of birth, etc.

Certificate of Unavailability

Along with a certificate of non-existence for your birth-certificate, please submit secondary evidence. This evidence may include church, hospital and/or school documents. Affidavits are not considered secondary evidence.

Note: All secondary evidence must be contemporaneous with the event(s) in question. Therefore, the evidence that originated back when the child was young will be deemed more persuasive than evidence that was created as the result of this Request for Evidence

uk01,

As part of my I-130 RFE, they attached a page titled "India Reciprocity Schedule". The same text is available at:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3582.html#docs (search for "Birth Certificates"). This might help.

As per this document, a sworn affidavit is considered secondary evidence. I am surprised about the text in your RFE.

In my mother's case I just submitted BC and NABC (both from consulate) and no affidavits.

Good luck.

I received this today. I submitted BC from Chicago consulate and it looks like it has not worked out. I will set the process of getting NABC from my mother's birth place in India but what I am concerned about is the last Notes para. Can someone interpret that for me? I understand that as - affidavits from relatives certifying the birth is not valid. Is this the standard language that people have seen in RFE?

Please also recommend your inputs. I have a month within which to respond to RFE.

Thanks in advance.

Reproduced from RFE
This office is unable to complete the processing of your application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) without additional information. Because you sent USCIS an affidavit of birth instead of a birth certificate, further evidence is needed.

Birth Certificate

The birth certificate must have been timely registered, show the date and place of birth, etc.

Certificate of Unavailability

Along with a certificate of non-existence for your birth-certificate, please submit secondary evidence. This evidence may include church, hospital and/or school documents. Affidavits are not considered secondary evidence.

Note: All secondary evidence must be contemporaneous with the event(s) in question. Therefore, the evidence that originated back when the child was young will be deemed more persuasive than evidence that was created as the result of this Request for Evidence

uk01,

As part of my I-130 RFE, they attached a page titled "India Reciprocity Schedule". The same text is available at:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3582.html#docs (search for "Birth Certificates"). This might help.

As per this document, a sworn affidavit is considered secondary evidence. I am surprised about the text in your RFE.

In my mother's case I just submitted BC and NABC (both from consulate) and no affidavits.

Good luck.

Hi gvjagan,

Thanks for the useful information.

I guess the process works on a 'case-by-case' basis.

In an instance similar to yours, my next door friend submitted only affidavits but was specifically asked to contact the consulate to obtain BC. Based on my friend's experience, I submitted the BC obtained from Chicago consulate. I am not even sure whether the Chicago consulate even gives NABC. I have asked them and will wait to see what they say.

Do you suggest an 'Info-pass' will help? At present the text about what constitutes secondary evidence is very definitive, in my opinion.

I had the same problem with my mom's first name. It was also misspelled. What we did was get affidavits and submit that with the application.

Thank you nfl0res,

I have another question, did you get affidavits from relative? and did you submit the old BC that has misspelled name? Thanks.