GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Goingtocanada,
From what I read, you should choose option H and write "a petiton I130 is filed concurently"
Option A is for if you have an approved I130

This sucks! Looks like they just issued a RFE for my mom's I485 case. Don't know what it is for yet. It may be for police clearance certificate ...

Mailed to USCIS 10/14/2008
NOA Received 10/20/2008
Biometrics Completed 11/12/2008
RFE Response 12/4/2008
Case Transferred to CSC 12/16/2008
EAD ordered 1/17/2009
EAD received 1/29/2009
2nd FP Notice 04/22/2009
2nd FP Completed 05/01/2009
I-130 Approval 05/07/2009
RFE for I485 issued 05/08/2009
Interview Scheduled ??
I-485 Approval ??
GC Received ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Police Clearance Certificate

I got an RFE for my mom to obtain the Police Clearance Certificate. I read on this forum that many people mention that Police Certificate from USA is enough and no need to get it from India.
Has any body done this(submitting PCC ONLY from US) and got the GC ?

Has anybody tried getting the PCC from Indian Consulate ? I read on the website that PCC can be obtained and it takes about 30 days.

I have started the process of obtaining PCC from India, but looks like I may not be able to get it in time because of elections in india etc...

thanks
Vaneet
AP approved on Jan 18,
FP Notice Received: Feb 23.
2nd FP done: Apr 1
Dad's 485 approved Apr 31
Dad'd GC arrived: May 7
Mom's RFE received Apr 31.

Hi Vinayak,

My mom also got the RFE for police clearance letter today. Did you apply for Police Clearance letter from SJPD? How did it go? Do they send the letter to us or directly send it to the USCIS?

Thanks,
rkbk
Getting the letter itself from SJPD is a piece of cake. Go to http://www.sjpd.org/Records/DocumentCTR.html and click on the first link. It's a Police Clearance application form. You can submit it personally at 201 West Mission Street, San Jose. They mail the letter to you if no records are found. You can pick it up personally as well.

Whether that letter works or not is something I am waiting to find out.

vinayak

Re: Certificate of Good Conduct

I got the letter today from Alameda County Sherrif's office, it was very easy, I got the letter in about an hour or so, they took the fingerprints as well.

Now I'm wondering if I should wait for the letter from India for which I have started the proceeding with the help of some of my relatives, but keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm thinking of waiting until few days before which I have to respond to RFE and if I get the letter from India, that's good, otherwise send this letter from Alameda county and hope it works.

Does anybody know if I can send this letter first and indicate to USCIS that I'll be sending another one from India later ?

I'm also thinking of calling USCIS or taking infopass apptmt to clarify this.

thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

-Vani

Relating to sponsoring my parents, can you guys take a minute and help me with my thread here? Thank you a lot, friends :)
forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=297570

Bringing Interpreter to interview

I posted separate thread as well, but then realized I should have posted in this thread.( http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2047149 )

I received green card interview letter for my mom. It says “If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring interpreter.” My mom doesn’t speak English. So, my questions are:

I am a sponsor for her, so I will be going with her anyway and I speak English fluently, Can I act as a Interpreter? Or do I have to hire professional one?

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Sap283,
Can you please tell us under which scenarios (if any) does one's parent get interview letter instead of GC getting approved directly ?

Is it required that petitioner has to be present during the interview ?

I'm asking as I'm waiting for my Mom's GC and while I'm waiting I may have to travel to india for 2-3 weeks (my Mom is still here in US). So I'm just wondering if she gets interview letter, what are the options ?
I have my brother (who is not petitioner) to take her for the interview, if it comes up, that is a not a problem.

How far is the interview date from the day letter was issued/received ?

sorry I could not answer your original question.

thanks in advance
Vaneet

Hi,

My mom left USA with her GC about 4 years ago without a re-entry permit and stayed in my home country because of some family issues. Is there a way she can use the GC to come back to USA? Has it become invalid?

Thanks in advance.

Born out of wedlock

Hi all, I will hopefully be getting my citizenship in a few months and when I do, I would like to apply for GC for my father. My parents were never married and all I have to prove that he is my father (other than the obvious resemblance) is my birth certificate. After reading some of the posts I realized that a birth certificate may not be enough proof especially because I was born out of wedlock. I am thinking of doing a DNA test but since I live here and he lives in the Caribbean, I am not sure how that would work. If there is anyone out there who has been in a similar situation or has any advice, I would really appreciate it.

Sap283,
Can you please tell us under which scenarios (if any) does one's parent get interview letter instead of GC getting approved directly ?

Is it required that petitioner has to be present during the interview ?

I'm asking as I'm waiting for my Mom's GC and while I'm waiting I may have to travel to india for 2-3 weeks (my Mom is still here in US). So I'm just wondering if she gets interview letter, what are the options ?
I have my brother (who is not petitioner) to take her for the interview, if it comes up, that is a not a problem.

How far is the interview date from the day letter was issued/received ?

sorry I could not answer your original question.

thanks in advance
Vaneet
I think the only scenario is what’s going on IO’s mind when he/she reviewing the application.

sap283,
Thanks!
Can you tell how far is your interview date from the day you received the letter ?

thanks
Vaneet

Finally got the RFE letter from the Attorney. Here is what they are asking and I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my questions:

1 - They need police clearance for the last 5 years. At the current address my mom has lived for the last 4 years and 10 months. The city will do the background check and will give us a letter in the next couple of days. The city where she lived before that for the 2 months (to complete the 5 years) don't do background checks. They asked that I contact the state police. I called the state police and they can do a check, but it if they have to take the finger prints then it will take them more than 3 weeks to get me the letter. I only have until June 7th to respond to RFE. They suggested that I just do a name check, which they can do right away. Will that be enough to respond to the RFE?? Since, the RFE is because they were unable to read the finger prints, I don't really see a point of getting finger prints done at the state police. What do you guys think?? Should I just send the letter that cover 4 years 10 months??

2 - The second thing they requested is an updated I-693 Medical Record form. They are telling us that the form submitted was not the updated form used and there are missing vaccines. They are also saying that the TB skin test shows more than 5mm redness and a chest XRay should be done. I had a copy of the previously submitted medical and every single thing that they have listed in the RFE is already filled out and completed by the physician. The TB skin test showed 0mm on the form submitted. The form is also the latest one. How do I respond to it?? Should I just get the physician to fill out a new Medical and send it back to them?? I have no idea what medical form they are looking at.

Please let me know what you think?

Mailed to USCIS 10/14/2008
NOA Received 10/20/2008
Biometrics Completed 11/12/2008
RFE Response 12/4/2008
Case Transferred to CSC 12/16/2008
EAD ordered 1/17/2009
EAD received 1/29/2009
2nd FP Notice 04/22/2009
2nd FP Completed 05/01/2009
I-130 Approval 05/07/2009
RFE for I485 issued 05/08/2009
Interview Scheduled ??
I-485 Approval ??
GC Received ??

Dad's Card Production ordered

I just checked the website it was updated with the information that the GC production has been ordered in my Dad's case. Hoping the approval letter will come through on Tuesday. This also is good sign for all those who got an RFE asking of Certificate of Good conduct. The certificate from local police is enough and USCIS approves the cases in about 3 weeks time after sending the response.

Vinayak

Police Certificate

I have applied for my mom's GC (Consular Processing) and am in the process of getting the Police verification certificate. The requirement for police certificates is a little confusing. My mom has lived in her current residence city for close to 2 years now. Prior to that she was living in a different city for 30+ years.

1) Do I need to get the police certificate from both cities or the current residence city is good enough?
2) Also do we need to get the police certificate from the Passport Office as well?

Any response will be appreciated.

I have applied for my mom's GC (Consular Processing) and am in the process of getting the Police verification certificate. The requirement for police certificates is a little confusing. My mom has lived in her current residence city for close to 2 years now. Prior to that she was living in a different city for 30+ years.

1) Do I need to get the police certificate from both cities or the current residence city is good enough?
2) Also do we need to get the police certificate from the Passport Office as well?

Any response will be appreciated.
Usually PCC are required to account for the last 5 years of residency. So in your case you will be well served if you get the certificate from both the cities. I don't think you need to get a certificate from the Passport Office.

CRIS email notification...

Received CRIS email notification that both my parents AP and EAD have been approved.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.

Received CRIS email notification that both my parents AP and EAD have been approved.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.

Congratulations!!

I need simple answer after reading entire forum, I am a US citizen and like to apply for my parents, they do visit US every year for a month only. They are holding Pakistani passport and reside in Saudi Arabia from last 25 years.

Q1. I can apply I-130, they will have interview in Saudi Arabia not in Pakistan, right?
Q2. Do I have to file G-325A along with I-130 or just I-130 as first step.
Q3. Once I-130 approved and sent to USA Embassy in Saudi Arabia, they will issue GC to them or immigration visa?
Q4. If immigration visa then how they will get GC? because they can't live in USA more then 40 days a year for sure. When do I have to file I-485 to get actual GC for my parents?