GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

forex_dealer,

From the letter, it says it was sent to CSC to "speed up processing". I hope that's good.

I couldn't make out much from Processing Times site on USCIS as it doesn't show processing times for I-485 family based petitions. But CSC seems to be ahead in employment based petitions (hopefully giving them bandwidth to work on other cases).

I didn't apply for EAD...I am hoping to get AP before end of May.

Good luck on your dad's case.

gvjagan,
my father's case and time line is almost identical to your mother's case. They sent me an RFE as well, right around the same time.Last letter we received was to notify us that the case had been transferred to California.I wonder how much longer it will take to get the EAD and I130 approved.Is it good that it was sent to California?

Traveling outside the US when I130/I485 applications are pending

Hi everyone,

My parents have their I130/I485 petitions pending. They might have to travel outside the US at the end of June. Is this advisable? Which documents should they carry with them?

We have the receipts of the I130 and I485 petitions (filed in January and currently transferred to CSC) and the I-512L - Authorization for Parole.

Thanks.

I think we got the worst Civil surgeon for I-693 to do medical exam for my mom. The doctor took 2 weeks to complete the tests and then he sent me the envelope without sealing it.

My question, can I seal the envelope and write "do not open, for USCIS use only" on the flap and put tape on it or the doctor has to do it? I want to mail the application soonest but I also don't want to get a RFE.

Another question, I have Birth affidavit for myself and my mom. Do I send the originals on the Rupee paper or I only need to send copies of it?

Would I get a RFE if I submit the Birth affidavits for us but don't send a non-availability letter for my mom who is 61 years old?

Last edited by a moderator:
khilonna,

If I remember correctly, the tape itself will have printed on it "do not open, for uscis use only". You may want to check with the doctor.

Hope it helps.

I think we got the worst Civil surgeon for I-693 to do medical exam for my mom. The doctor took 2 weeks to complete the tests and then he sent me the envelope without sealing it.

My question, can I seal the envelope and write "do not open, for USCIS use only" on the flap and put tape on it or the doctor has to do it? I want to mail the application soonest but I also don't want to get a RFE.

Khilonna,

If you don't have primary evidence (like birth certificate, school, etc), you will need to attach non-availability certificate.

You can get non-availability certificate from Indian Embassy.

Hope this helps.

Another question, I have Birth affidavit for myself and my mom. Do I send the originals on the Rupee paper or I only need to send copies of it?

Would I get a RFE if I submit the Birth affidavits for us but don't send a non-availability letter for my mom who is 61 years old?

I just received a 2nd FP notice for my Mom's I485. It says that the first ones were not readable by FBI. The date and time on the notice is for May 1. I wanted to find out if we can just walk in there in the next couple of days to get it done sooner than May 1?? The location is Naperville, IL.

Here is the timeline for my Mom,

Mailed to USCIS 10/14/2008
NOA Received 10/20/2008
Biometrics Completed 11/12/2008
RFE Response 12/4/2008
Case Transferred to CSC 12/16/2008
EAD ordered 1/17/2009
EAD received 1/29/2009
2nd FP Notice 04/22/2009
I-130 Approval ??
Interview Scheduled ??
GC Received ??

Harosha,
Do you have the latest updates on your mother's case? I am in the same boat. My mom received her 2nd FP after she got I130 approved. However, the FP notice did not say any information but the date and location of the FP. I have no idea what it is going on. I filed her I130, I485 on 12/08/2008 and her I130 was approved on 04/27/2009. However, no news on I485 but this FP notice.

Thanks gcdec00. I checked the San Jose PD site and they have a form for obtaining Police Clearance certificate for visa and immigration purpose. I will apply on Friday and see how that goes.

Vinayak

PD in NY requires you enter the period for which you are looking for this certificate. If there are multiple intermittent times when the applicant has stayed here, they advised me to use the most recent one (the officer in Infopass also said the same) but I think the issued certificate will be for that specified time duration (not 5 years). How did it go with San Jose PD? Thanks.

Advanced Parole I-131 Q

Hi folks,

After 6 month wait, there is RFE for my mom's I-485, even though I-130 is approved. Not sure how long it will take, so want to apply for Advanced Parole for my mom. Couple Qs:

1) Is advanced parole only given for emergency reason? What do people fill as the reason for Advanced Parole?
2) Is there a fee for Advanced Parole I-131? From I-131, looks like if I-485 is pending, then the fee is 0. Want to confirm.
3) Looks like we could eFile Advanced Parole application I-131. Has anyone eFile'd I-131 or is it advisable to file paper I-131?

Oct 3 2008 : Filed I-130,I-485
Oct 27 2008 : I-130,I-485 Transferred to CSC
Dec 19 2008 : 2nd Fingerprint done
sometime Jan : had called FBI to confirm fp/namecheck done fine.
Apr 28 2009 : I-130 approved
Apr 30 2009 : I-485 RFE

RFE is for
a) Police Clearance
b) G325a should list all addresses (We'd listed only address in India)).

Thanks,
rkbk

San Jose - Police Clearance certificate

Thanks gcdec00. I checked the San Jose PD site and they have a form for obtaining Police Clearance certificate for visa and immigration purpose. I will apply on Friday and see how that goes.

Vinayak

Hi Vinayak,

My mom also got the RFE for police clearance letter today. Did you apply for Police Clearance letter from SJPD? How did it go? Do they send the letter to us or directly send it to the USCIS?

Thanks,
rkbk

How do I keep my timeline details as part of my Signature so that I don't have to copy paste everytime I post?

Timeline:
Mom's GC appl (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) express-mailed on 05/01/09
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 05/04/09

S G,

Once you login, you can go to Quick Links (top right) and edit signature.

How do I keep my timeline details as part of my Signature so that I don't have to copy paste everytime I post?

Timeline:
Mom's GC appl (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) express-mailed on 05/01/09
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 05/04/09

dreamtrue,

No updates yet. We did the finger prints on 5/1. I contacted her attorney and according to them this is a very standard procedure if they are unable to read the prints. The attorney also said that it could really mean that they are actually working on the case.

We'll see what happens.

dreamtrue,

No updates yet. We did the finger prints on 5/1. I contacted her attorney and according to them this is a very standard procedure if they are unable to read the prints. The attorney also said that it could really mean that they are actually working on the case.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the reply. On my mom's second FP notice, there is no indication of why. Calling the custom service, no help at all. They are just useless. I guess she has to go for the 2nd print on 5/9. Good luck to yours and please keep updates.

Questions about applying for GC for parents

Hi All,
I am sponsoring a 485 petition for my parents. Filing I130 and I485 concurrently. Had a few questions, would be great help if someone answers them -

1. Form I-485 Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...
b. My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children
c. I entered as a K-1 fiance(e) of a US citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry...
d. I was granted asylum or derivative asylum status as the spouse or child of a person granted asylum and am eligible for adjustment.
e. I am a native or citizen of Cuba admitted or paroled into the US after Jan 1, 1959...
f. I am the husband, wife or minor unmarried child of a Cuban described above in (e)....
g. I have continuously resided in the US since before Jan 1, 1972
h. Other basis of eligibility. )

Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other" and offer a brief explanation like "An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application."

2. Do i need to get all photocopies Notorized?

3. USCIS asks for bio pages of passport only. Some people have advised me to send copy of entire passport. What should i do?

Thanks in advance for your replies

goingtocanada,

See answers below.

Hi All,
I am sponsoring a 485 petition for my parents. Filing I130 and I485 concurrently. Had a few questions, would be great help if someone answers them -

1. Form I-485 Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...
b. My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children
c. I entered as a K-1 fiance(e) of a US citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry...
d. I was granted asylum or derivative asylum status as the spouse or child of a person granted asylum and am eligible for adjustment.
e. I am a native or citizen of Cuba admitted or paroled into the US after Jan 1, 1959...
f. I am the husband, wife or minor unmarried child of a Cuban described above in (e)....
g. I have continuously resided in the US since before Jan 1, 1972
h. Other basis of eligibility. )

Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other" and offer a brief explanation like "An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application."

>>> If you are concurrently filing, choose option A.

2. Do i need to get all photocopies Notorized?

>>> No.

3. USCIS asks for bio pages of passport only. Some people have advised me to send copy of entire passport. What should i do?

>>> For the I-485 applicant (i.e. your parents) I would at least attach all non-blank pages. For the sponsor (i.e. I-130 applicant, you), just the bio pages would do.

Thanks in advance for your replies

I just got an email saying the I130 approval notice was sent. I also saw LUD on 5/06 and then again on 5/07 for both I130 and I485. Hopefully I485 approval will follow soon. Here is the updated timeline:

Mailed to USCIS 10/14/2008
NOA Received 10/20/2008
Biometrics Completed 11/12/2008
RFE Response 12/4/2008
Case Transferred to CSC 12/16/2008
EAD ordered 1/17/2009
EAD received 1/29/2009
2nd FP Notice 04/22/2009
2nd FP Completed 05/01/2009
I-130 Approval 05/07/2009
Interview Scheduled ??
I-485 Approval ??
GC Received ??

I filed for my mother's GC. She is in New Delhi embassy area. Sent 864. Sent IV fee. Received email to send 230. No Packet as I thought I would.

Now the question is, Do i send any civil documents with this??? The state department site says documents are collected for Appointment Posts by NVC. Others should not send civil documents with it. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html

Even the US embassy site in Delhi says so:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivfami...etitionus.html

Look the answer to What does the applicant do with the forms?

But I get the feeling from this board that I need to send these documents in with 230 Part 1??

I am confused. Someone please respond.