GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

How long will it take for me to get a receipt? I mailed the I130 on July 5th to Lincoln, NE and it was delivered on July 6th. So far I have not got the receipt yet. The check is not cashed either.

backues said:
How long will it take for me to get a receipt? I mailed the I130 on July 5th to Lincoln, NE and it was delivered on July 6th. So far I have not got the receipt yet. The check is not cashed either.

It's a waiting game with USCIS. For many, they got the Receipt notices three weeks after they'd mailed out the forms. I'd think you are lmost ikely to get the Receipt notices by the end of this week if not sooner. And the check need not be cashed before they send the Receipt notice.

jenimmi said:
It's a waiting game with USCIS. For many, they got the Receipt notices three weeks after they'd mailed out the forms. I'd think you are lmost ikely to get the Receipt notices by the end of this week if not sooner. And the check need not be cashed before they send the Receipt notice.

Thanks a lot. I feel better now.

jenimmi said:

Thanks a lot. I feel better now. :)

Update on CP

After I sent the DS-3032 and the Aff of Support Fee bill back to NVC, I expected to get the Aff of Support form mailed to me, as the next step. Instead, when I called the NVC for case status, the auto msg says :
"the Immigrant Visa Fee bill was generated on July 17 and will be sent to the Agent".

As per Jaise's update earlier, he got the Aff of support form before the IV fee bill. Anybody got the IV fee bill ahead of the Aff of support form?
For the past few days, getting to talk to a rep at NVC has been very difficult, in fact impossible. Whenever I call, it says agents are busy and asks to try another time and forces it's "good bye" on me.

NVC case # generated - Jun 7 '06
DS-3032 & Aff of Support Fee bill (ASFB) sent by NVC - Jun 19 '06
DS-3032 & Fee bill received by me - Jun 28 '06

AS Fee bill sent back to NVC @ MO - Jun 29 '06
ASFB received by NVC @ MO (as per mail tracking) - July 3 '06

DS-3032 sent back to NVC @ NH - July 7 '06
DS-3032 received by NVC @ NH - July 10 '06

Immigrant Visa Fee Bill (DS-230 Fee bill) generated on - July 17 '06
IV Fee bill received by me - ??

Last edited by a moderator:
jenimmi said:
After I sent the DS-3032 and the Aff of Support Fee bill back to NVC, I expected to get the Aff of Support form mailed to me, as the next step. Instead, when I called the NVC for case status, the auto msg says :
"the Immigrant Visa Fee bill was generated on July 17 and will be sent to the Agent".

As per Jaise's update earlier, he got the Aff of support form before the IV fee bill. Anybody got the IV fee bill ahead of the Aff of support form?
For the past few days, getting to talk to a rep at NVC has been very difficult, in fact impossible. Whenever I call, it says agents are busy and asks to try another time and forces it's "good bye" on me.

Jenimmi,

As far as I know there are 2 parallel tracks

1. DS-3032 -> IV fee bill -> DS 230 part I
2. Aff of support fee bill -> I-864

It just depends in what order DS-3032 and Aff supp fee were received, logged into their system and next step was triggered. You may receive IV fee bill before I-864 or vice versa.

Good to see that things are moving along on your application.

visaapplicant said:
Jenimmi,

It just depends in what order DS-3032 and Aff supp fee were received, logged into their system and next step was triggered. You may receive IV fee bill before I-864 or vice versa.

Jenimmi~

I checked the status of my parents cases and the automated machine says “ NVC RECV’ D THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FEE BILL ON JULY 14 , WE WILL SEND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS , IF 6 WEEKS HAVE PASS AND YOU HAVE NOT RECVD THE I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, PLEASE PRESS 0”.

I have not mailed my parents DS 3032,back to NVC (Still waiting from Oversees), would that make any difference in the procedure which form has to mail by NVC? just a thought :confused:
abs

Last edited by a moderator:
visaapplicant said:
Jenimmi,

Thanks, Visaapplicant. After I read your post, I believe that the parallel tracks are possible. I'm guessing they're probably processed separately at their MO & NH facility as below:

1. Fee bills such as Aff of support fee bill & IV Fee bill are processed at the NVC facility in MO.
2. Forms such as DS-3032, I-864, DS-230 are processed at the NVC facility in NH.

That explains why the msg says I would get the IV fee bill, b'cos MO got the ASFB mailed by me first, before NH got my DS-3032. To confirm what I think, I checked the status msg and it says the IV fee bill should be sent back to NVC @ MO. Let's see which one gets mailed to me first.

Any update on your parents' case from VSC?

abs49080 said:
Jenimmi~

I checked the status of my parents cases and the automated machine says “ NVC RECV’ D THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FEE BILL ON JULY 14 , WE WILL SEND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS , IF 6 WEEKS HAVE PASS AND YOU HAVE NOT RECVD THE I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, PLEASE PRESS 0”.

I have not mailed my parents DS 3032,back to NVC (Still waiting from Oversees), would that make any difference in the procedure which form has to mail by NVC? just a thought :confused:
abs

Thanks for the update, abs.
From the auto msg you got, it seems logical ASFB first and the actual form I-864 next. I don't know which one will be mailed to me first. Hopefully the order in which we receive these would not make a big difference in how fast they are processing the case :confused:

do I need to send separate 70 dollar Affidavit of support processing fees

Hello:

I am applying for both my parents consular processing, and have recieved the affidavit of support processing fees for both of them. Do I send 70 dollars for both of them together or 70 dollars for each of them.

Thanks

Murthy

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello:

I am applying for both my parents consular processing, and have recieved the affidavit of support processing fees for both of them. Do I send 70 dollars for both of them together or 70 dollars for each of them.

Thanks

Murthy

One $70 for both - I guess the instructions you got with the Aff of support fee bill instructions, also says the same thing ?

CP - NVC update

Just now, I got off the phone with NVC and got confirmation that :
1. The Aff of Supp form (I-864) was sent to me the week of July 10th (which I haven't received yet) and
2. The IV Fee bill for $380 will be sent to me week of July 17th (this week).

The agent asked to send only photocopies of supporting docs with I-864:
Pay stub
Letter from employer
2005 Tax transcript (One year only)
W2
Confirmed no need to notarize I-864 any more.

Anyway, I would have to wait and see the instructions on the I-864 package which I hope to receive by end of this week.

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello:

Thanks

Murthy

Jenimmi already answered your question. Based on experiences of members "aabraham" and "peeyen" (posts earlier in this thread), only $70 for both of them together.

Which svc center did you send I130 to? How long did it take for approval?

It has been 5 months for my I130s at VSC and I haven't heard from them.

Thanks.

jenimmi said:
Just now, I got off the phone with NVC and got confirmation that :
1. The Aff of Supp form (I-864) was sent to me the week of July 10th (which I haven't received yet) and
2. The IV Fee bill for $380 will be sent to me week of July 17th (this week).

The agent asked to send only photocopies of supporting docs with I-864:
Pay stub
Letter from employer
2005 Tax transcript (One year only)
W2
Confirmed no need to notarize I-864 any more.

Anyway, I would have to wait and see the instructions on the I-864 package which I hope to receive by end of this week.

Jenimmi,

Thanks for the update and specifying I864 requirements (from NVC standpoint). Please keep us posted when you receive actual package and requirements.

A quick update

My Mom was interviewed on 7/5/06. Not sure if the rules and procedures are changed, or it was just our luck... Anyway, there are a few notes I'd like to share with you:

First I was told that I can NOT translate for my Mom since I'm also the petitioner - conflict of interest. I said I was able to translate for my Dad and wasn't aware of this rule. The officer looked at the IL again and said 'Ok, I'll let you translate since she's your Mom. But next time, she has to bring her own translator. And if I find you answer any questions for her, you're out.' First I was happy he let me translate, but next time?! Are you kidding me? I sure hope that's the last time we had to go to that office. (The officer was not particularly rude, but he didn't even smile once during the whole interview. Luckily, it was a short interview.)

We were asked some simple questions and mother answered most on her own and he collected my 05 tax return, 05 W2, my parents' marriage certificate (notarized copy) and copies of my pay stubs for the last two monthes. Then he said a letter will be mailed to us within two weeks with a decision. I asked if the background check results are all back and a decision can be made the same day, he said yes, but he needed to verify the birth certificate on the computer and asked us to go back and wait for the letter. We thought they normally stamp your passport at the interview if all is clear. We were disappointed that we didn't get to know the result right away. Mother wan't too upset, she said we waited this long, what's another two weeks. But I was. It seems they should review the case and verify anything in question before the interview, why wait another two weeks?! That's completely B.S.!

I've been checking my mail box, emails and the status online daily. Until last night, nothing yet. But this morning, the status changed to 'On July 18, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card...'
Finally, this is almost over. ( I won't say it's over until we receive the card.)

Best luck to all!

Thanks to everbody on this list for sharing valuable information.

My Mom came here on visiting visa and is staying with me for the last 4 months. I am currently on GC, but my brother is a citizen. He is going to file my Mom's immigration petition (I-130, I-485 AOS). My brother and I live in different States. He lives in Nebraska and I live in Indiana. Can my brother file my Mom's petition, although she is not staying with him in Nebraska. If he gives her current address in I-485 as mine(where she is living) will she have finger-printing and ultimately interview in Indiana or does she have to live with the petitioner for the complete process. She very well likes to live with brother, but he is always traveling becoz of his job.

Appreciate your help!!!

Hearty Congratulations, qq!

Thanks very much for sharing the interview details. It really helps. At least the ordeal is over for your Mom. I remember that you were waiting for name check clearance for your Dad, any news on that?

Recently user "Patel" posted that his IL from DO mentioned that his Mom has to bring an interpreter who is not a relative. We assumed that it was a generic letter sent out to all family based cases - particularly GC for spouse cases - and therefore probably does not apply to parents and sponsor can be the interpreter. But your Mom's interview exp proves that they do mean no relatives as interpreters.

This rule is certainly new and unnecessarily complicated for parents case. Some who used to post here (Newark applicants) have been interpreters for their parents. It is unfair that while for some (parents case), is transferred to CSC and approved without interview - for the others we have an interview PLUS we can not even be interpreters. This rule is really going to be a problem for us next month when we have the interview. Where am I going to find an interpreter.. sigh..

It appears your Mom is somewhat fluent in her English that she was able to understand most questions. I am not so sure about my Mom's english. Will you be able to post any question you remember she was asked? It would really help or give an idea, to prepare my Mom with these.

Just curious - did her IL specify that she had to bring a notarized copy of Marriage certificate? When petitioning for Mother, I thought this wasn't one of the docs asked. Was it something, that you just gave to the officer?

It's alarming that your mom wasn't approved on the same day b'cos interviewer had to verify Birth certificate. This is again an issue for us. No BC was available, so we sent the Non-availability BC earlier with I-485. I wonder what issues we'll run into b'cos of this. If you don't mind, can you please share which country your Mom is from - I'm asking this to find out if they do it with applicants from certain countries only, that they want to double-verify BCs.

I was not worrying about my Mom's interview at all, I thought this is very easy based on interview exp of parents posted so far - and also that I can answer for her at the interview. Your mom's interview exp is an eye-opener and got me on the alert. Thank you very much once again for sharing this with us and hopefully you can answer some of my questions.

Finger prints to be taken again

Friends:

I need help. My mother had done her fingerprints in New Rochelle, NY in second week of March. During the fingerprints process, the lady indicated that there is a possibility that the fingerprints may get rejected because they were not able to get very clear lines. ( Mom is 65 years old)

However, she also indicated that if it gets rejected then they will call you again in a couple of weeks. Now it is almost 4 months since her fingerprints were taken and we received a letter that the finger prints needs to be taken again. I was very surprised and also the date is Aug 30th. This is so far and I am all upset that it took them so long to tell us.

Has anyone gone through the same process ? Can I just call the National Customer Service and request an earlier date for fingerprints or just walk in the center with the letter requesting them to take the finger prints.

I really would appreciate any input from anyone with a similar experience.

Yodha

ayodhya said:
Friends:

I need help. My mother had done her fingerprints in New Rochelle, NY in second week of March. During the fingerprints process, the lady indicated that there is a possibility that the fingerprints may get rejected because they were not able to get very clear lines. ( Mom is 65 years old)

However, she also indicated that if it gets rejected then they will call you again in a couple of weeks. Now it is almost 4 months since her fingerprints were taken and we received a letter that the finger prints needs to be taken again. I was very surprised and also the date is Aug 30th. This is so far and I am all upset that it took them so long to tell us.

Has anyone gone through the same process ? Can I just call the National Customer Service and request an earlier date for fingerprints or just walk in the center with the letter requesting them to take the finger prints.

I really would appreciate any input from anyone with a similar experience.

Yodha
My mum went thru the second FP but we received the letter the very next week. Of course we did a walk-in FPs. Second time around her FPs were cleared. This is Atlanta ACS.

If your ACS allows walk-in, try it.