GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

visaapplicant said:
Jen,

Thanks for the updates. It will be very helpful to me when NVC process begins for me. At present simply waiting for I130 approval. :(

No probs, VisaApp.
You know every time that I see your post, I'm hoping to see news on your parents' I-130 approval. That they're taking so long to approve is questionable.
Lots of good luck in hearing about approval soon.

OK, one more time.

Thank you VisaApp and Jen.

Basically IO checked the form I485, almost everyfield. Most time he talked to me. First page, my parents's name and last entry. At this time he want to see the passport, and took their I94. Then ask about my and their birth certificate, my citizenship certificate, marriage certificate. My recent three paychecks (I gave him the copy of them for keeping). Then he turned to second page of how many children my parents have. Do I married, how many children I have. Then third page, he asked me to translate for them on the question about the criminal record. That is all.

I think he just want to make sure everything is there. He do not need to go through files to check the supporting material.

If not for the name check, everything goes so smoothly.

Wish everybody in this forum good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, real_eng.

Yeah.. the website has done that to me too, especially after typing long posts, it would just crash on me "server not available" or something like that. And I would lose everything I posted and have to start all over again. It's kind of frustrating. Since then, I make sure I "Select All & Copy" (simply Ctrl A and then Ctrl C on your keyboard) and then hit the "submit" button. So, even if it crashes I still have the text and can post (Paste) it again with Ctrl V. If you're aleady a computer geek, this tip might sound silly, but just in case :)

About the interview :
Did you take originals of everything? Your parents birth certificate, your Naturalization certificate etc.,?

Birth Certificate Question

I am planning to apply for my Mother's Green card ASAP. Her visitor visa has been rejected 3 times already.

My birth certificate has my first name and my mom's first name only and not our full names. I am trying to get an affidavit saying that both are the same person for my mom(I don't know now if it was really needed). Do I have to get one for myself too. I have all the originals ,if I need it too, can I get a notarized copy from here .

Anyone who has applied for green card for parents via CP please send a personal email to me at anugbhat@yahoo.com. It will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

jenimmi said:
Thanks, real_eng.

Yeah.. the website has done that to me too, especially after typing long posts, it would just crash on me "server not available" or something like that. And I would lose everything I posted and have to start all over again. It's kind of frustrating. Since then, I make sure I "Select All & Copy" (simply Ctrl A and then Ctrl C on your keyboard) and then hit the "submit" button. So, even if it crashes I still have the text and can post (Paste) it again with Ctrl V. If you're aleady a computer geek, this tip might sound silly, but just in case :)

About the interview :
Did you take originals of everything? Your parents birth certificate, your Naturalization certificate etc.,?
Jen

Thank you for the tips.

Yes. We took all the originals. He really checked all of them carefully.

Today, 24 days after I sent the pertition, I finally got the receipt. It is from California Service Center even though I filed in NE. Is this a good sign or not? How do they decide which case will be sent to CSC? Thanks.

When do we get I 130 receipt?

Iapplied I 130 for my parents 14 days ago to NSC center. Have not yet received the receipt. Also the checks are not cashed. Anything wrong??? I am getting worried. Can somebody please share their experience? I have read one post here that they have transfered case to CSC. Is this normal?

dip123 said:
Iapplied I 130 for my parents 14 days ago to NSC center. Have not yet received the receipt. Also the checks are not cashed. Anything wrong??? I am getting worried. Can somebody please share their experience? I have read one post here that they have transfered case to CSC. Is this normal?

Are you supposed to send to Chicago Lockbox?

Do worry

dip123 said:

I did not get my receipt until 24 days after I sent the application.

Hi

Hello,

I have my receipt numbers for both I-130 and I-485 and I checked at the USCIS web site for case status but it replies there is not such a case number. Any one knows why is that?

Thanks in advance :cool:

backues said:
I did not get my receipt until 24 days after I sent the application.

Thanks Backues. When did they cash in checks? Also, what was your service center? Did you get California receipt number?

For Consular processing, i think we have to send it to service center and not Chicago Lockbox.

Regards

Parents in India + Adv Parole = AOS eligible ??

My parents are in India and go their visiting visas (B2) rejected. I will become a citizen in 2 months and wondering if I can apply my parents greencards (I-130) and Advance Parole (I-131), bring them here and apply for Adjustment of Status (I-1485) after they are here in US on AP.

I know that CP is THE ROUTE but wondering if I can apply for advance parole and bring them here....

I ask this based on this "text" in the AP instructions (page 4 left side) where there are instructions for applying AP for people outside of US.

vummi said:
My parents are in India and go their visiting visas (B2) rejected. I will become a citizen in 2 months and wondering if I can apply my parents greencards (I-130) and Advance Parole (I-131), bring them here and apply for Adjustment of Status (I-1485) after they are here in US on AP.

I know that CP is THE ROUTE but wondering if I can apply for advance parole and bring them here....

I ask this based on this "text" in the AP instructions (page 4 left side) where there are instructions for applying AP for people outside of US.

AP is only for the beneficiaries applying for AOS within US.

Durres Special said:
Hello,

I have my receipt numbers for both I-130 and I-485 and I checked at the USCIS web site for case status but it replies there is not such a case number. Any one knows why is that?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Same here. So far no online status. Mine is MSC, what's the initial 3 letters for your case?

I got the FP letter for my parents yesterday. I applied I-765 and I-485 for them.

For my mom, she got two FP letters, one for each form.
For my dad, he received one FP letter with both I-765 and I-485 FP in one single notice.

Is that normal?

Medical Difficulty - Help if anyone aware

Mumbai consulate interview for parents. (Immigrant visa application)

During medical at Breech Candy hospital Everything for dad was fine.
For mother they wanted recent reports from her doctor who operated on her 7 years ago for cancer. (cancer is not infectious and wonder why they need that info now, but anyway, this delayed her medical clearence)

They did interview. Oath, finger prints all done.
Dad got his passport with immigrant visa stamped the next day in mail.

For mother she has to send medical report to doctor at Breech Candy and then things will occur hopefully....

anyone with knowledge in this aspect, any help , appreciated.

Congrats, learner (at least your Dad's process is over) :)

Never heard of delayed medical clearance in the forum. But it looks like you /your parents have to follow up closely with the Breach Candy hospital for the medical clearance, after sending the medical report. You don't want any delays.
Did you find out if you have to make another appt with the Consulate to hand-over the medical clearance (if you get one from B.C. Hospital) and get the stamp on the PP?

BTW, were your parents Finger Printed when they went for interview? If that were the case, it seems like the FP taken was just for formality 'cos it would be impossible to have the FPs cleared and the PP stamped for your Dad the very next day.

worried

okay guys i am realy concerned now....we applied for my mom in january, and the case was sent to CSC end of may.. i believe the 23rd.... dont remember exact day at this moment... the lud was june 17... there has been no updates since then....am i alone in this or is everyone's papers taking this long??? should i start calling to see what is going on now, or should i wait?? if anyones parents papers were transferred to CSC... please let me know how you are progressing, and advise me what to do... thanks in advance