GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

maoliz said:
Hello, I have a question:

As I understand, two original Affidavit of Support need to be submitted for my parents application. However, besides copy of Federal income tax return and W-2, do I need to send pay stub(s) from the most recent 6 months? If so, can I send copies of pay stub(s) for each parent? I lost the pay stub for March, can I send pay stub for Jan, Feb, April, May, June and July?

Please advise! Thanks!
Yes, you can send copies of your pay stubs. The paystubs for the last month would be enough.

A quick update:
My mom got her IL today for an interview, end of Aug.
Yeah.. it's happening finally !! :D

jenimmi said:
A quick update:
Congrats, Jen! :)
Hopefully, the interview will be the last step for your mom, and she'll get her GC soon after that.

jenimmi said:
A quick update:

:) congrats jen!!!! this is great news.... U gave me hope that the uscis people are not asleep in a coma :D :D i am hoping to hear about my mom's case soon.... i check the LUD every 30 minutes... been doing that for a week now... will it ever end? my husband thinks i have gone mad... everytime he looks for me I am deither checking the massege boards, or checking the uscis site lol.

again, a big hearty congratulations !! :D

Anahit said:
Congrats, Jen! :)
Hopefully, the interview will be the last step for your mom, and she'll get her GC soon after that.

Thanks, Anahit. :)
I know what you mean ;)
I really hope the interview is the last step too!

some general questions

I plan to file AOS for my parents who are currently in the US. I have some general questions.

1. Since my parents don't know English, I have to fill all the forms for them. Do I need to fill the Notice of Entry of Appearance? After they sign the form, do I need to notorize all those forms?

2. I read somewhere in this thread that since parents are visitors, so their current address on all forms should be their residence address in original country, not their current US address. Is that right?

Thank you in advance!

greencardmaze said:
:) congrats jen!!!! this is great news.... U gave me hope that the uscis people are not asleep in a coma :D :D i am hoping to hear about my mom's case soon.... i check the LUD every 30 minutes... been doing that for a week now... will it ever end? my husband thinks i have gone mad... everytime he looks for me I am deither checking the massege boards, or checking the uscis site lol.

again, a big hearty congratulations !! :D

Thanks, gcmaze.
Your post is so damn funny :D
It reminds me of what I used to do till I got the IL. Can you believe it, I even made the case status page, my home page :D and am still checking the status, out of habit. (of course the IL came as a surprise b'cos the LUD didn't change at all)
I just read on this board that some one was still checking their online status, even after they got their GC - that's how habitual it gets us!

By now, even my li'l one knows where to find me when I'm home and when I'm not paying enough attention, wants me to click on all these emoticons (smilies) on this board for fun ;)

jenimmi said:
A quick update:

Happy 4th of July, Jeni ;) ...a special date in our hearts with a great news for you, great. :)

Interview

My parents got interview notice this month and interview schedule is set up in August. However, they cannot speak English and need help from me but I will be out of town. In this case, can my wife be an interpreter?

ND:03/24
Check withrown: 03/27
FD: 06/16
ID: scheduled on 08/17

Update for Jenimmi~

Hi Jenimmi~

Just wanted to post a quick update for my parents case. Both of them recvd their papers from NVC and already mailed the signed choice of agent form back to me. I should recvd it within a week. Also I mailed the $ 70.00 Affidavit of Support fee bill.

I will keep you posted as the case progresses. Have a great weekend...!

ABS :)

abs49080 said:
Hi Jenimmi~

Just wanted to post a quick update for my parents case. Both of them recvd their papers from NVC and already mailed the signed choice of agent form back to me. I should recvd it within a week. Also I mailed the $ 70.00 Affidavit of Support fee bill.

I will keep you posted as the case progresses. Have a great weekend...!

ABS :)

Thanks for the update, Abs.
I received the DS-3032 signed and sent by my Dad today and I just mailed it back to NVC.
NVC has already received my fee bill mail on 7/3 (as per mail tracking that I used), but the automated msg just plays the old msg - DS3032 sent on June 19th blah blah. Let's see how soon they start processing after this.

You too have a fun weekend!

Case Update

My parents got their ILs for an interview on 08/31/06. Here are the details

AOS (I-485 and I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox on 04/22/06)
Philadelphia District Center
Vermont Service Center
RD: 04/25/2006
ND: 05/01/2006
FP: 05/27/2006
Interview Date: 08/31/2006

Both my parents overstay for more than a year. What should we expect and what should we prepare for the overstay? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
cases transferred to CSC

my mom's case was transferred to CSC on May 23rd.... its been about 50 days now, and the last update was June 17th... i feel like it is taking too long, so i thought i would ask... if anybody had their cases transfered to CSC.... have you heard anything about them yet??thanks for your time, and good luck to all.

Suggestions needed

My sister is a US citizen and she filed 130 for my mom this April. My mom is currently in China.

Recently my mom got a B2 visa to visit US. It's actually quite surprising because on the visa application form, it clearly indicated that she applied immigration visa. But the visa official still issued her a one year multiple entry B2 visa.

My questions are:
1) Will it be faster to get GC, if she come to the US immediately and file AOS?
2) Will she need to file another 130 and withdraw the previous 130 CP?
3) If she doesn't withdraw the previous 130, can she file 485 based on previous 130?
4) What's the chance of being denied by an official at POE? I would guess the chance is slim since my visa is quite newly granted.:)

Any suggestions or related experiences are higly appreciated!

Help !

At this point I am beyond frustration. My parents' I-130 with VSC (ND 12/13/2005) is still NOT approved and it's been 7 months now. Last time I asked my congressman's office to inquire, we were told a background check is under way and the VSC is waiting for the result.

What options do I have right now ? This is turning into a nightmare...