GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Is Police Clearance Certificate required for AOS?

:) I'm petitioning my parents for greencard I-130/I-485.

They are from China.

Can anyone tell me whether the 'Police Clearance Certificate' from China is required for AOS? I know for sure if they do CP, then it's required. Thanks.

imst6 said:
:) I'm petitioning my parents for greencard I-130/I-485.

They are from China.

Can anyone tell me whether the 'Police Clearance Certificate' from China is required for AOS? I know for sure if they do CP, then it's required. Thanks.

PCC is not required for AOS, only for CP.

hahamonkey said:
My parents are here on B2 visas, and I plan to submit GC/AOS applications for them. A couple of questions -

1. May I apply for them right away, or should I wait a few months before doing the applications? Given their non-immigratoin intent at arrival, I wonder whether it might cause some troubles if we apply now.

2. A technical question on the forms. I understand my Mom and Dad would have their separate applications. Then, would each one of them be regarded as *applying* with the other? This is Question B in Part 3 of Form I-485. Furthermore, is each one of them regarded as *immigrating* with the other wrt Part 3 of Form I-864 (affidavit of support)? I'm particularly confused with the "immigrating with the other" issue since I plan to have separate affidavits of support for my Mom and Dad.

Thank you for your advice and opinion in advance!

Hahamonkey

I can answer Q.1.

For a while on this forum, there were opinions that one should wait at least 60 - 90 days before filing for AOS. But an immigration lawyer thinks otherwise. He says if it's Imm family category, one doesn't need to wait that long!

http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459

vyshnya said:
DO = Atlanta, GA

Feb 21, 2006 ND (both)
Apr 04, 2006 FP (both)
May 03, 2006 I-130 cases transferred to CSC (both)
May 11, 2006 EADs received (both)
Jun 05, 2006 I-130 approved for one parent
Jun 07, 2006 I-130 approved for other parent
Jun 12, 2006 DHS says welcome notice mailed for one parent
Jun 13, 2006 DHS says welcome notice mailed for other parent
Jun 15, 2006 I-485 approved (both)
Jun 17, 2006 Greencards received (both)

Waiting for 2011 for N-400.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats, vyshnya!
Thanks for the update.

DS3032 from NVC

I just checked my parents case status.

My mom's case was entered on 6/8/06, DS-3032 was sent on 6/19.
My dad's case was entered on 6/9/06, the message is still "please wait for ? weeks..."
shouldn't my dad's DS-3032 be sent on 6/20 or 6/21? Today is 6/26.

Not sure if this is normal.

jenimmi said:
I just checked the status with NVC - good news, same thing as your father's.
It says DS-3032 & Aff of Support Fee bill was sent on June 19th.
So, I should receive the mail either next week (or the week after).
I wanted to find out from a rep how much the fee bill is and what name it should be drawn on. She confirmed it should be for $70 and should be to "Department of State". I wanted to have it ready so I can mail these back, the very next day. DS-3032 should be mailed back to NVC whereas the fee bill should be sent to the St.Louis facility.

PCC : Police Clearance Certificate

I also want to quote Jaise's answer to VisaApp's question before on what needs to be sent along with DS-230:

expectgreat said:
I just checked my parents case status.

My mom's case was entered on 6/8/06, DS-3032 was sent on 6/19.
My dad's case was entered on 6/9/06, the message is still "please wait for ? weeks..."
shouldn't my dad's DS-3032 be sent on 6/20 or 6/21? Today is 6/26.

Not sure if this is normal.

"Every" thing is normal with USCIS / NVC. ;)
They probably send out these Agent forms in batches and not necessarily FIFO. Perhaps you should wait for a few more days for your Dad's.

Houstonian1 said:
I do have another question. I have a married sister who is now 27 and has a child and currently lives in my home country. If I need to file for her what documents should I submit along with I-130?

The requirements are on USCIS.gov website for different cases of I130.

Houstonian1 said:
I understand that It might take more than a decade for her to come here, But in the mean time If she happens to get a H1 sometime in next 5-6 years, would that affect her processing?

I do not know the answer. However, in general, H is dual intent visa. Is there a question on H visa application that specifically asks whether an immigrant petition has been submitted for you (similar to the form for visitor/tourist visa)?

Houstonian1 said:
Or would she be eligible to apply for tourist visa while this processing is in happening? Thanks in advance for your replies...

She is eligible to apply. If she discloses that immigrant petition has been filed for her, she has declared immigrantion intent and it may be difficult to obtain tourist visa. If she gets tourist visa, there is possibility of further questioning at POE. There has been some threads on this topic in this forum.

Jenimmi,

Thanks for keeping us posted about progress on your Dad's CP. Based on your earlier post, NVC mailed you stuff on June 19. So you should be receiving it anytime now. Please let us know the details (barcode printed on form, DS 230 part I requirements etc.)

Good luck!

Jenimmi~

Just curious if you recieved your packet for DS 230. Your dad and my dads paper were mailed the same day. Getting anxious since I havent seen mine in the mail.

Thanks...

abs

visaapplicant said:
Jenimmi,

Thanks for keeping us posted about progress on your Dad's CP. Based on your earlier post, NVC mailed you stuff on June 19. So you should be receiving it anytime now. Please let us know the details (barcode printed on form, DS 230 part I requirements etc.)

Good luck!

There is no status on I-130

In USCIS website Texas Service Center processing Time chart doesn't have processing time for I-130 for Parents. Does anyone has any idea about the processing time for I-130 for parents in Texas Service Center?

visaapplicant said:
Jenimmi,

Thanks for keeping us posted about progress on your Dad's CP.
Please let us know the details (barcode printed on form, DS 230 part I requirements etc.)

Good luck!

Absolutely, VisaApp! Shall Do..
Good luck to you too!

abs49080 said:
Jenimmi~

Just curious if you recieved your packet for DS 230. Your dad and my dads paper were mailed the same day. Getting anxious since I havent seen mine in the mail.

Thanks...

abs

Abs -
When I called NVC last week, the rep said I should get the packet (DS-3032 & Aff of support fee bill) about 2 weeks from when the automated msg says they mailed it (i.e. June 19th). Like you, I'm also eagerly waiting for the packet. Shall post the details on the forum as soon as I get it. I hope you will too.

Has anyone applied for parents GC from Texas SErvice Center?

What is the processing time in Texas Service Center for I-130 for Parents?

my packet received

I received the packet (DS-3032 & fee bill) for my mom yesterday. It was mail on June 19th.

One thing I want to confirm that it said on the fee bill that if you sponsor your parents, you only need to pay one $70 bill and mail two fee bills with the casher's check together in one envelop. Anyone can confirm my understanding?

jenimmi said:
Abs -
When I called NVC last week, the rep said I should get the packet (DS-3032 & Aff of support fee bill) about 2 weeks from when the automated msg says they mailed it (i.e. June 19th). Like you, I'm also eagerly waiting for the packet. Shall post the details on the forum as soon as I get it. I hope you will too.

expectgreat said:
I received the packet (DS-3032 & fee bill) for my mom yesterday. It was mail on June 19th.

One thing I want to confirm that it said on the fee bill that if you sponsor your parents, you only need to pay one $70 bill and mail two fee bills with the casher's check together in one envelop. Anyone can confirm my understanding?

I have not crossed that stage yet however that is my understanding also. Please refer to earlier posts by aabraham and peeyen in this thread (link below) for more information. It should be on the letter you received from NVC.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1399218#post1399218

nohope_for_lc said:
What is the processing time in Texas Service Center for I-130 for Parents?

You may want to refer to California Svc center timeline. I believe CSC and NSC are transferring I130s to CSC for processing. Did you receive a letter from USCIS informing you about the transfer.

Thanks for responding

I haven't received any letter. I haven't received the receipt number either. How long it takes to get the receipt number after you send the application?

visaapplicant said:
You may want to refer to California Svc center timeline. I believe CSC and NSC are transferring I130s to CSC for processing. Did you receive a letter from USCIS informing you about the transfer.

affidavit of support bill

I have called the NVC regarding the Affidavit of Support Bill. I read in this forum that if you are filling a petition for both parent you should only have to pay one fee bill. I called them and confirm. They told me to “wait until you receive both bills then mail both stub together and only pay $ 70.00. To qualify for the waiver you have to mail them together.

abs

visaapplicant said:
I have not crossed that stage yet however that is my understanding also. Please refer to earlier posts by aabraham and peeyen in this thread (link below) for more information. It should be on the letter you received from NVC.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1399218#post1399218