From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

Update from Chennai December CP grp

b some positive update, atlast
Posted By: AIM 11/21/01 2:13 AM
(#31 of 100)
Guys - Atlast, I got an explicit email from Chennai consulate. Looks like they have the same text copy-pasted for every one.
Also, just got a letter from the consulate at my local address in Chennai saying that I need to get S\'pore police certificate for my S\'pore stay.
Thanks Kudos, New10, Superman, Acehart and everyone!

--
We have received pkt3 forms.
Appointment likely to be in January - please check the web site after 15th
December.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

b This shows that if they want a PCC they will ask for it.
b In our case we should be prepared to get one from India just to be safe. It is impossible now to get one in the US with all that
b passport problems(deposit passport etc.)!.

PCC Problem

I am calling Chennai Consulate tonight, I will post it tomorrow. By the way when did u send ur pkt3 to chennai IIuvGC. I had faxed it on Nov 11 and I got the same email.

Pkt3- received.

Appointment likely to be in January - please check the web site after 15th December.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

I just pasted their reply.

Passport from NewYork

My last passport was issued from Bhopal, MP, which has expired and I got a new one issued from NewYork, consulate. Now, I havent lived in MP for the last 7 years and my current passport has a Hyderabad address. Where would I have to go for PC?

Police certificate

Where is all this BS stuff coming from regarding Police certificate. are there any authentic sources ...No .....

Are there any website which says about PCC required ...NO

Have the lawyers informed You ....NO

Seems some people have no work than putting all these nonsense on the boards and trying to scare others

Police certificate

This would be only applicable to visitor visa persons. thats why consulate keeps the passport now for 20 odd days and then issue visas. If one have PCC then they can issue the visa the same day if he is eligible.

goingforCP

This chap might have actually saved us by telling us this info.
So before you start yelling at him ..please realize that
he might actually be your saviour.
I ve seen his postings before . He is a serious Cp\'er and
would not mess around on a site that has helped so many
of us, including himself.

I hope to God that he is wrong , and has mis understood the
message in bbay . The last thing we all need now , is some
more red tape and more delays !!

We are all indians in the US trying to help each other .. lets
keep this up even after we get the GC.

TestURLuck

My consulate is in Mumbai. But I was just browsing Chennai\'s discussion just in case you guys too have that problem

PCC Required

Please check other post by Sudhirkumar - He called Delhi and confirmed that PCC is required from Jan 2002 and it should be obtained from place of residence in India.
I would interpret that as last place of residence (as mentioned in passport). So if you live is USA for 5 years and got a new passport from indian consulate, you need to get PCC from that place. Atleast that is how I interpret this.

No luck from Chennai. I tried 3 no.s 8112060; 2020; 2032.

I tried from 9:30 - 10:45 IST. No luck. 2032 is fax no. 2060 rings forever. 2020 is always engaged. Chennai is good @ replying e-mails. I just sent an e-mail. Will post as soon as I hear from Chennai. Sudhir\'s conformation from Delhi consulate scares me.

Superman

I tried calling Chennai, too. No luck. BTW, 2020 is a fax number. Here are the phone numbers -Ph-91-44-8112060/2000
I have also sent them a detailed email. Let\'s keep our fingers crossed! Good luck to all of us!

wantAgc

You wrote:
"PS : did i mention I was born in Breach Candy ...it s right besides the US embassy ."

Just a thought - if you had been born in the US embassy, you\'d be a citizen! what a difference a few hundred meters make!

PCC Certificate

Hi Guys, I called Chennai Consulate Yesterday Night at 10:18 PM to 8112060 Number and Talked to a lady officer. She said PCC is require ONLY if you stay in INDIA. Not for the people who stay in INDIA and US.

This requirement is for the people who apply for US GC from INDIA and STaying in INDIA.

Thanx TL

How about Mumbai consulate?

Did anyone verify the same for Mumbai?
Someone was going to have their folks check it out. It think it was wantAgc.
What did they find out? I am really worried about this.
Thanks
MJ1

MY parents called the Mumbai Consulate

They said that WE DO NOT NEED any PCC if we have only lived in
India or the US .

They called on 11/29 .
I also called the NVC to confirm , they also said that
as far as they knew it was not reqd , but confirm with the consulate.

My Pkt 3 was eneterd into the system on Nov 19 .
No interview date fixed yet ...they said most probably Jan 2002.

Thanks wantAgc

What about the notice at the information window at Breach Candy?
Did they get a chance to read it too?
Is there such a new notice in the first place itself?

Thanks!

the queue was very long.. and the guards are haramis !!

Its not easy to reach that window ... so caling is the only way out...
what we can do is get someone who is going for CP this week / or next week to check it out when they are picking up their passport in the afternoon .

any ideas ?

wantAgc

Thanks for checking this issue out for us.
I will post in the December interview thread and ask those guys to see if PCC will be required starting Jan 2002. That should put all doubts to rest.
Thanks again.
When do you think we will find out the dates?
December folks started finding out on Oct 5.
MJ1