Foreign graduates with four years degree after 2003 its time to try

To everybody,

Though I am not into pharmacy, I'd like to share a few thoughts.

Major decisions at NABP are primarily driven by Boards of Pharmacy of different states. For you to be a pharmacist in a certain state, most State Boards recognize NAPLEX as a standard, but it is not imperative that they actually do. For example, if my info is correct, California does not require Naplex and that they have their own exam (atleast until recently).

My point is that if you want to influence NABP in changing the requirements from 5 year to 4 year degree (or accept 4 Year+Masters), you should also be contacting Pharmacy Board Directors of your respective states, express you problem and seek their help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

After starting eagerly for the test preparation i just found out i am not eligible for fpgee &i came across this thread for graduates after 2003,

what other options are you guys considering? I am thinking of a pharmacy technician course.i know its difficult to settle for less after 4 years of professional degree but i have not come across any other option.

Do you have any info on the pharmacy technician course and demand for technician? I live in FL...is there anyone else in fl going through this?

Also have any one of you already started this process...? i would like to get some info on credit transfer etc.

i am also ready to support your proceedings to make the NABP change the rules....i so hope something happens.
please let me kow the details and what i can do.

Thanks,
narmada

Narmada said:
Hi ,

After starting eagerly for the test preparation i just found out i am not eligible for fpgee &i came across this thread for graduates after 2003,

It is for those who graduated after 2003 not those who apply for FPGEC after 2003. Hope you got that right. I believe you said you graduated in 2002 unless it took some more time to finish exams and get a degree.

People mentioned doing masters but I am not sure if that will help. You have to call NABP and ask them.

Hi,

Thats right....my degree thats from the university says" passed her final year degree exams in may 2002 and the degree on bachelor of pharmacy was confered in the convocation held in dec 2003"

see i had just 1 paper from third year that i gave in 2003 because of ill -health.
so i called up and NABP today morning and the customer service people say i am not eligible because the degree was confered in 2003.I am totally disappointed and have started looking for something else. I am now looking to see if the pharmacy technician course has some prospects .Does anyone know how much they pay pharmacy technicians.?

narmada

Last edited by a moderator:
Narmada said:
Hi,
Does anyone know how much they pay pharmacy technicians.?
narmada

10$ to 16$ per hour depending on the state or supply-demand.

Some states require technician license that you get after an exam. Technician jobs in such states generally pay more. Some states dont require a Technicial License/Exam to work but if you actually pass that exam, you get paid bit more (example NJ)

I dont know the complications in your individual case with the degree but there is always scope to work something out at the university level.

Hi green card,

Thanks.....You have been very helpful from the start.Really appreciate it.Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by "there is always scope to work something out at the university level." Do you think i may still be eligible and the NABP did not understand me right when i read them the statement from my degree certificate?

Thanks so much,

Narmada

Narmada said:
Hi green card,

Thanks.....You have been very helpful from the start.Really appreciate it.Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by "there is always scope to work something out at the university level." Do you think i may still be eligible and the NABP did not understand me right when i read them the statement from my degree certificate?

You can try asking your university if they can issue a degree certificate showing 2002 since you completed your course in 2002.

All I am saying is try. If it works out then great, if not, then we knew that all along.

Have Pharmacy FPGEE,NAPLEX,MPJE Exam CD's

Hi,

I have exam cd's for FPGEE, NABP, MJPE WV CD's if any one is interested, I am ready to sell, my number three zero four - five four five - four zeor five four.

follow-up

Hi - I wanted to see if anyone in this thread is still active and what you decided to do about immigrating. My boyfriend is a Korean pharmacist with the same problem (graduating after 2003), and we're checking options. Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

hi i am also facing the same problem. I graduated in october 2003. I live in perrysburg, ohio. I also join hands with u in contacting the NABP.
swapna