Foreign graduates with four years degree after 2003 its time to try

Think about what should be done next

I have send letter and email to Catizone going to send letter to Jeffery Weldin right now.
I have also send emails to following states
MI,NY,FL,CT,KS,MN
After waiting for replies what are we going to do?

Now we should think about the next step

1-What if we discuss our problem in person with FPGEC and ask them for a solution

OR the other option left is to discuss this issue with a lawyer and going for a law suit<------these two are my suggestions if anyone of you have any suggestion please come forward and discuss what should be done next?
I hope someone else comes up with a better idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Important

http://www.aacp.org/site/tertiary.asp?TRACKID=&VID=2&CID=977&DID=6645

Above is the link which shows info about the meeting schedule of NABP persons and aacp persons

I guess we all should also send emails to the persons on this site so that they do discuss this problem when they meet.

We all should send emails to them let me know if you guys are ready to send emails to the persons on the above link

Waiting for your reply

I think this is one of the greatest chances we can use to be heard. I will start sending my emails to them now.

Important for grads with four years degree after 2003

Hey guys/girls and damonsei (as damonsei is really active and i really appreciate him and all others who are putting efforts

Here is something which i want all of you to read

Effective April 14, 2006, the FPGEC Certification Program application process will change, and a new process for evaluating applicant’s educational credentials will be implemented. Beginning April 14, 2006, NABP will partner with Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE) for the educational credential evaluation of new applicants to the FPGEC Certification Program. Information on sending an application and supporting documents to ECE is available in the revised FPGEC Application Bulletin, which can be downloaded by clicking on the link on this page

Well i guess by the above change we can contact ECE and ask our questions and apply for evaluation if we have deficiency (which we will have due to the new requirement) i guess they will tell us the courses we have to take................<-----for that we all have to contact ECE and ask them r they going to tell us the courses we have to take if we have a deficiency

I have this guess because i have seen foreign grads(with different profession) who applied for evaluation and then they are told what courses they have to take to make up the deficiency e.g i know some physical therapist who were short of one year and they took the required courses to make up the deficiency

So if my guess is right this is a great move for our future ....and that is what we all were looking for ............A SOLUTION to our problem

Please all of you contact ECE and post there reply over here.......atleast if they dont know our problem they will get to know that by our emails(usually its the job of evaluating agencies to tell what courses someone has to take if they have a deficiency)

Hi sufferer i guess we need to call and ask them

Damanosei here is the info

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. [ECE]
a non-profit public service organization
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
E-mail: eval@ece.org
visit our web site at http://www.ece.org

I guess we should call them

I am posting the response i have received from ECE

Thank you for your message.

The process for NABP candidates is clearly explained on our website,
www.ece.org. You may look for the NABP logo and link from our home
page.

Thank you.

Well i guess we should call ECE (to ask if they are going to tell us what courses we have to take to make up the deficiency if we apply for evaluation) and share on the forum whatever response we receive

reply from ECE

This is the message i got from ECE.

Thank you for your email. Your questions and concerns relate to the
educational requirements of the NABP/FPGEC, not the evaluation process of
ECE. Please contact NABP directly through the Customer Service Department,
at custserve@nabp.net or 847/391-4406.

Hello
I am one more victim of NABP'S changed rules. I have masters in pharmaceutics from usa and bachelors in pharmacy from India.
I wish to support the group and can give you contacts of many students like us

write a letter to nabp and mention this problem in detail and ask for a solution as we all did ....
You can find a rough outline of letters send by the persons to nabp if you read all the posts .......on the previous pages

Anee said:
This message is for every foreign pharmacy graduate(after 2003) with a four years degree.

I guess all of us should get united and try to contact nabp in an appropriate manner so they can understand our problem and let us know our respective deficiencies and let us know about where to enroll to make up these deficiencies.(instead of going for Pharm.D which is a long route they should tell us the courses we need to take to make up the deficiency)
and atlease we can try.
For this i need to know about all of you guys who are suffering from this problem (as i am one of the sufferer so i know the pain) so that we can think and figure out some way may be we can (even through the chances are little )make nabp to revise there decision...............atleast we can try .......and we have to try hard for the sake of our career.

Its time for some action.

hi,

Has anyone gotten back any response from NABP? I am in a similar situation and there is no clear set rules as to how a foreign four-year pharmacy graduate should proceed in getting a US pharmacy license. Did anyone ever talk to a lawyer and see if they can force an answer out of them? This is basically discrimination because they feel that foreign pharmacists are flooding the US market. They refuse to address the situation and they keep on referring everyone to their own respective state board of pharmacy and they in terms refer everyone to pharmacy schools. Pharmacy schools are confused and dazed because they have no set guidelines from either federal or state boards. Everyone is basically forced to enroll in pharmacy college and many have to start the pharmacy program all over again or not pursue the dream of being a pharmacist in US. I think that we should file a lawsuit against NABP and force them setup guidelines. This may sound harsh but drasitc situation calls for drastic action.

JP

regarding law suit

Well i also wanted to file a lawsuit but i never gained any support regarding this idea on this forum ( i think we all need to do this together)
Anyway i was and i am in favour of contacting a lawyer regarding this matter

Regarding ECE

Hi there,
I've been reading everywhere trying to solve the exact same problem you all have. But something I've been thinking about for the last couple of days and it could give us an answer:
Why NABP is going through ECE to evaluate credentials? nabp has been doing that all along on their own ... here is a thought, may be they will start requiring a minimum GPA for everybody's credentials to meet (this is what ECE does, they transfer foreign credits into equivalent USA GPA)
I emailed NABP asking them these couple of questions but I haven't got an answer back yet.
If anybody have any feedback about this please let me know.
Thanx
Mourgan

email from nabp

I got this email from nabp regarding the question about GPA:

Thank you for your interest in the FPGEE. This request can not be accepted
via E-mail. Please submit your signed request via fax or US mail. Our fax
number is 847/391-4502. Please be sure to include your EE# on all
correspondence. If you have not been assigned an EE#, you must include
your name as indicated on your application/registration form and your date
of birth. The FPGEC will not respond to any unsigned correspondence. Please
be aware, additional information regarding your program file will not be
available via email.

well ... of course I don't have an EE# and I don't have any registration info.
any ideas??????????

I recently moved to US as a permanent resident and i am currently in the 3rd year BPharm. Have been searching for answers that seems like are being discussed here.
What I don't understand is why do NABP require a ECE evaluation of foreign degree. They didn't say anything about who would qualify after getting an evaluation of a 4 year degree. If they are still looking for 5 year degree(no.of courses) in the ECE evaluation - all the B.pharm graduates are back to square one - why would we apply($700+$85) if we are to know we didn't qualify?

It would be worth if the colleges let us enroll just to finish only the required courses that NABP says after ECE Evaliation will be required to qualify for FPGEE requirements. and not the whole 4 years of PharmD.

Has anyone tried doing MS degree and do NABP then let us qualify for FPGEE?

I am awaiting a reply from NABP - for FPGEE requirements.

hi colmeg
I have the strongest believe that, masters program would not qualify you as FPGEE candidate. We have to look at other areas

Thats right,many of my friends did masters in U.S,even they are not eligible for FPGEE because the have bachelor's degree in 2003 and after 2003.

hiii

2003 sufferer said:
Thats right,many of my friends did masters in U.S,even they are not eligible for FPGEE because the have bachelor's degree in 2003 and after 2003.
hi thread!!i read thru wat ever is being discussed.even i m suffering wit the same problem as u all are.i recently graduated from a 4 year pharmacy degree 2006 from india.i was planning to sit for fpgee exam this december but because of new rules by nabp which requires 5 yrs bachelor degree i m confused if i will be eligible to sit for this exam.has anyone got any solid reply from nabp or ece regarding the solution to this problem??wat can be done by us?are there any colleges which offer accelerated pharmd in the spring session for international students coz the deadline for the fall session is already over.please do reply coz i m really confused as to how we guys are going to practise in states:(