Foreign graduates with four years degree after 2003 its time to try

I agree to your suggestion

Hi Anee,

Well i completely agree with your suggetion.Whatver we decide to do ,we need to do it as soon as possible.Application deadline for admissions are also near by and for most of college is gone already.

I think we need to something soon.
Hope we get sufficient persons with the same problem, so that we can get united and meet NABP.
Thank you : :confused:

Minal

:confused:

patelminu_143
How many persons do you know who are suffering from this problem?
Let me know
You are talking about application deadline of what kind of program?

me and 5 more

me and 5 of my friends are suffering from this problem who all are in U.S now

If you are applying somewhere you should do that ......because we dont know the outcome of our try.(this is for patel)

Krishn
We should start with writing a letter to NABP (not email) signed by as many candidates we know who are suffering from this problem
The purpose of the letter is going to be to get there attention on this issue.
In the letter we should ask that they should tell us remedial program(specially designed for us) or find some solution to this problem(so that we dont have to go for the lengthy pharm.D route or if pharm.D is the only choice they should make sure that they give us admission without license in non traditional pharm.D program)
There is only one insitute i know which does give admission without license but thats not enough (they offer traditional pharm.D plus length of program and cost is too much)
If u could write a draft of the letter that would be nice and then we discuss to make it better

Last edited by a moderator:
about admission in pharm.D

Well, I am talking abt the application deadlines for college having pharm.D prrogram(Non tradition) i dont know more but i know abt western university in CA.

So we need to do something fast.

MPatel

patelminu_143 said:
Well, I am talking abt the application deadlines for college having pharm.D prrogram(Non tradition) i dont know more but i know abt western university in CA.

So we need to do something fast.

MPatel

Do they offer non traditional pharmacy because according to what i know they offer traditional pharm.D
Please let me know
so you know couple of persons krishn who is on this forum knows couple of persons suffering from this problem i know few persons too so now we all need to communicate with each other.
Coming here posting a message and then coming back after 1-2 days is not going to solve our problem.

To Krishn And Patel And Anyone Else Suffering From This Problem

I have created a special account so that we can all communicate effectively
Add my id pharmacistsolution@yahoo.com on your yahoo messenger.
You guys create a new account or use an id which you already have its up to you.
Krishn(ask your five friends who are suffering from this problem) and patelminu123 u ask your friends who are suffering from this problem to add my id
If Krishn you and your friends exchange id with patel and his/her friends that would be nice in this way we all will be in contact with each other.
Then we can decide and be online at one time

Patel dont miss the deadline because we dont know the outcome of our efforts.......we will try dont know the results

I have invited my friends to join the group

Well Anee its a traditional Pharm.D progrm in CA
I also have invited all my frined who are suffering form the same problem
Hope they join and contact soon, so that we can discuss abt the alternative

Have nice time

MPatel

TO all

Well i wonder why you guys who are suffering from this 4 year problem doesnt want to put even a little effort to do something .......
Do you guys have an alternate available if yes share it with others too....if no what are you guys waiting for and why you cant even try to do something??
I dont really mean to be rude ..............i hope all of you understand

same problem: 4 yr degree

anee, my wife and I understand your frustration. she is also a 4 year pharmacy graduate. i still think that it would be quite fair if NABP officials let her take the FPGEE exam. Ultimately, if she passes it would mean that she knows enough. We have not written a letter yet but we are seriously thinking about it. We would be demanding a response other than "go get your PharmD". We simply want them to tell us which courses she needs to take in order to sit in FPGEE.
Did anyone try to address this in writing yet?

Patelminu the id thing didnt work i just have two persons on that list......
Lets try another thing
what about if all of us individually write a letter on the address below(within a specified time) so that they know that this is not the problem of a single person
Carmen A. Catizone,
Executive Director/Secretary
1600 Feehanville Drive • Mount Prospect, IL 60056 (please check this address on nabp.net just to confirm)

In the letter first of all we should ask them to give us a chance without any condition and if they are not able to ,then they should tell us the course we need to take instead of going for pharm.D

I would appreciate if someone post a draft of the letter (they are going to send nabp )over here .......

Last edited by a moderator:

ebgy said:
anee, my wife and I understand your frustration. she is also a 4 year pharmacy graduate. i still think that it would be quite fair if NABP officials let her take the FPGEE exam. Ultimately, if she passes it would mean that she knows enough. We have not written a letter yet but we are seriously thinking about it. We would be demanding a response other than "go get your PharmD". We simply want them to tell us which courses she needs to take in order to sit in FPGEE.
Did anyone try to address this in writing yet?

Thats the problem they dont trust there own exam(FPGEE)..........
Alot of persons are suffering from this problem......but i dont know anyone who has addressed this problem in writing....

If you are interested in writing a letter to nabp do it in next 2.5 week time because all of us are planning to send them letter in next 2.5 week time

Very important for four years degree holder after 2003

Many of us are planning to write a letter(postal letter) to nabp and individual state boards in the next 2.5 week time.
Whoever is suffering from this problem and want to do something should also write a letter
asking them to come up with a solution for all of us instead of asking us to go for pharm.D(which takes 2.5 years)

We should ask them to allow us to take FPGEE they should believe in quality not quantity...........

So if you suffering from this problem write them a letter in next 2.5 weeks...........

good idea

Hi everyone,
Iam also one of the sufferers like you,by reading all the messages written here, i got confidence that definately we will achieve something.this is really a good idea to express our suffering and show us some way.
If anyone of you have written the letter by now, please write the matter in this forum even i am ready to post a letter to NABP people.

good luck

lets wake up,2003 sufferers

I strongly believe you are right. my letter is on the way. if nabp does not agree, we should ask them the difference between Bsc 2003 and that of 2002, so that we can make up with the difference. folks! lets me know if im right

letter to nabp

Hi folks I have already sent my letter and it goes like this. I hope we all would do the same as quick as possible so that our voice would be heard

HELLO
Permit me to take a few moment of your time. Its all about the requirement change in FPGEE that sidelines all foreign registered pharmacist graduating on or after 2003.

In fact, I would never say that, it was a wrong decision and i believe the Board wanted to meet the standards prescribed. Thats fine.

I WOULD ADVISE THE BOARD THAT AFTER ACHIEVING THE ABOVE, THEY SHOULD TURN THEIR EYES TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PENDULUM. THE OTHER SIDE PORTRAYS LIKE A MASSACRE IN THE WAR FIELD.

Firstly, most of the pharmacy schools here in the united states do not accept our foreign courseworks. If i am right, its about only four that seem to somehow welcome this unfortunate pharmacists, but to tell you, the cost is scarely

secondly, there are no jobs in the pharmaceutical field that are ready to employ us to enable us save towards the PHARM.D because we are not certified in any field here in the united states to practise

Thirdly, its about the frustration and the psychological trauma that we going through because no work is ready to take us, few but expensive schools around are repellant.

we therefore find ourselves in the wilderness in this great nation that everybody respects.
I WOULD THEREFORE ASK IF THE BOARD COULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT EITHER ALLOWING US TO WRITE THE FPGEE SINCE AT THE END OF THE DAY, TTHE BEST CANDIDATES WOULD COME OUT OR ANY SPECIAL PACKAGE THE BOARD CAN DESIGN FOR US.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND I HOPE YOU WOULD DIRECT THIS MESSAGE TO THE APPROPRIATE QUARTERs

Here is my rough draft

Here is my rough draft

I would like to drive your attention to the problem faced by foreign graduates with four years degree after 2003 who are currently
residing in usa.

Its really hard for me to give words to the frustration we all are going through
Universities doesnt offer a special remedial program designed for foreign pharmacy graduates like us.We cant work(in any capacity in the pharmacy) we cant study and we cant take exam.
Very few universities offer pharm.D for us which is lengthy and very expensive.

General assumption is foreign pharmacy graduate equivalency examination means that if a graduate passes this exam the graduate has studied a curriculum equivalent to US graduates.The 2003 rule seems to portray that quantity matters more than quality.

I request you to give chance to foreign pharmacy graduates with four years degree and let the examination screen the candidates or atleast universities should offer special programs designed for us (online)

To all 2003 sufferers

I just want to let all of you know that email to anyone(nabp executive or aacp.org) is not going to work......i am 100% sure about that
Send them a letter by post and dont hope much....( i have already mailed my letter)
I would like all of you to think about the next thing we should do

Whether to meet the nabp executive in person(or any responsible person) and also get ready to contact a lawyer to see if we can have law suit

I would appreciate your comments/advise on what we should do next