Foreign graduates with four years degree after 2003 its time to try

Anee

Registered Users (C)
This message is for every foreign pharmacy graduate(after 2003) with a four years degree.

I guess all of us should get united and try to contact nabp in an appropriate manner so they can understand our problem and let us know our respective deficiencies and let us know about where to enroll to make up these deficiencies.(instead of going for Pharm.D which is a long route they should tell us the courses we need to take to make up the deficiency)
and atlease we can try.
For this i need to know about all of you guys who are suffering from this problem (as i am one of the sufferer so i know the pain) so that we can think and figure out some way may be we can (even through the chances are little )make nabp to revise there decision...............atleast we can try .......and we have to try hard for the sake of our career.

My brother is in same situation

He finished his 4 years B.pharm in 2003. Now I want him to come to USA and do pharmD or something to get qualified for pharmacist.
What is the shortest route for getting qualified for pharmacist.
--

You want him to do pharm.D from USA?
It will take 2.5 years atleast but then he doesnt have to take FPGEE he will be directly eligible to take Naplex.
Is there any university which offers pharm.D online in India for graduates holding four years degree?? If yes let me know?(i am asking this for my own info)

reply?

You want him to do pharm.D from USA?
It will take alteast 2.5 years but then he doesnt have to take FPGEE he will be directly eligible to take Naplex

Is there any university in India which offers online pharm.D for pharmacy graduates with four years degree?(i am asking this for my own info)

Well it would be better if he completes one more year from India if he is already there

Choices for doing post Bachelor pharm.D are few over here in USA and med education here is very expensive as well as compared to India

One more thing US is not the only country where he can earn respect and money as a pharmacist why dont he go for Canada it would be alot better
If he has a degree which is equivalent to Canadian standards(if he has done four years pharmacy education from a institute which meets standards) he can then take there exams (which are tough but not impossible)otherwise they offer a program for international grads to make up deficieny
Over here with a four years degree the only choice till now (till NABP finds other solution) is to do pharm.D

Anyway dont forget to tell me if India offers any program online i mean pharm.D for 4 years graduates

hey

hey anee
m in the same boat...wondering wt can be done....will MS from US helps...forget pharmD ..its crazy expensive..no financial aid....ne other route??

Well i am not sure if MS is going to help.It should help but you dont know what NABP wants.
Please let me know after contacting them via email or phone if doing MS helps.Actually they are not offering any remedial program for us.Which they should offer.
If we find enough persons with the same problem and talk to an attorney about it do u think it would help?
If we are not eligible they should have a remedial program for us
Its a pity that they dont even consider there own exam reliable enough to see whether our studies is equivalent to there standards or not they dont trust there own exam for judging our competency.
2003 rule is something which requires quantity not quality.

Anee said:
Well i am not sure if MS is going to help.It should help but you dont know what NABP wants.
Please let me know after contacting them via email or phone if doing MS helps.Actually they are not offering any remedial program for us.Which they should offer.
If we find enough persons with the same problem and talk to an attorney about it do u think it would help?
If we are not eligible they should have a remedial program for us
Its a pity that they dont even consider there own exam reliable enough to see whether our studies is equivalent to there standards or not they dont trust there own exam for judging our competency.
2003 rule is something which requires quantity not quality.

I contacted to NABP about M.Sc. and they wrote me that it doesn't help. What another way I don't know.

Anyone selling Pharmacy Management & Pharmacoeconomics notes or books for FPGEE

I am interested in buying Pharmacy Management & Pharmacoeconomics notes or book for FPGEE.Please contact me if someone is interested in selling

Anyone selling Mannon shroff cds for fpgee or question and answer book

I am interested in buying mannon shroff question and answer book for fpgee and cds if anyone interested in selling please contact me

hi anee,

i m also passing through this hectic problem........am also a 4yr b.pharm graduate from india.now at canada doing my clinical research diploma , a 1 yr program. r u at US ?

i would like to know which course will make u eligible for fpgee after ur b.pharm?my hus is at qatar n hez trying for US....

Hi

My brother got the Approval from NABP to write the FPGEE exam in July but he in now in INDIA. SO what is best way he can come and write the exam. He is planning to try for a Visitor visa but Will they give Visitor visa to write the exam in USA? I heard that business visa they are giving only a week time to come here and write the exam. So anyone who knows it, pl let me know. If he is going to come on a visitor visa, what documents he will be needing to apply for the Visa. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sai

Question about graduating from 4 year program

I'm a foreign pharmacy graduate of a 4year program after 2003. I was wondering if anyone knows of any information that would help me take the license exam here in the US. I contacted some states, and each one said they couldn't do anything if I hadn't come from a 5 year program. Some directed me to taking a non-traditional pharm D program. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Also, does canada accept a degree from a 4 year pharmacy program? If so, is a license from canada accepted in any of the states here in the US?

Thanks!

nontraditional pharm-d

hi,

i am also a 4 yr pharmacy graduate (2003) from india , some one wrote about nontraditional pharm-d programme , i dont have exact idea but when i was going through some unversity websites , it was given that non traditional pharm-d can be done if and only if we are licensed pharmacists in united staes.
please give me the information if anyone knows more about it

thanks,
krishn

Yeah that is the problem they require license for non traditional pharm.D the fees are high as well.
If all of us get together i think we can collectively contact nabp.Atleast we can try ......

do you know anything about industrial jobs

hi anee,

yeah , i am ready to join this group who all are in this problem, we have to search some alternative .

do you have any idea about industrial jobs?
i mean if we do masters ,do we get any entrylevel jobs ,atleast we can try towards pharmaceutical industries as anyway we cannot become pharmacists in united states.

please give me the related information if you know anything,

thanks,
krishn

krishn said:
hi anee,

yeah , i am ready to join this group who all are in this problem, we have to search some alternative .

do you have any idea about industrial jobs?
i mean if we do masters ,do we get any entrylevel jobs ,atleast we can try towards pharmaceutical industries as anyway we cannot become pharmacists in united states.

please give me the related information if you know anything,

thanks,
krishn

First thing is we should not lose hope if we find enough persons we can talk to a lawyer as we cant work we cant study .....and we need justice.
Yeah i have heard that one can work in industry without a license(because in industry you dont have direct contact with patients).If that is true it means that we can work as a industrial pharmacist in industry.
I dont have much information about industry if you or someone have information about career in industry please let me and others know who are passing i must say suffering from this situation.

anyone know about advantag of greencard to get admission in pharm d

hi anee
i have completed my diploma pharmacy for 2yrs then i have completed my b.pharm for 4 years in 2003. so NABP gives any credit for diploma pharmacy because with diplom course i have completed total 6 years with pharmacy, so wether they will consider or not?
i am green card holder so its help me to take admission in pharm d . is it any benifits of greencard?
i have one more question that when we apply for admission in pharm d, whether they will give me admission in directly to pharm d . is it neccessary for us to clear pre-pharmacy ?
pls give me information regarding this problem ,
thanks

patelminu_143 said:
Hi,

I am one of the person with you.We can fight with NABP for our rights and carrier.I have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy (July2003) Master of Pharmacy(2005), still I can't give FPGEC.I dont know what to do with this.
Please help me out.

After joining this forum i have realized that alot of persons are suffering from this problem......
I think if all of us should get together and contact NABP and/or attorney who can help us to raise this issue........that might be helpful
What do you suggest? How should we start? (Its important that we should be on same page so i want to know what do you suggest as well)
May be you or someone else has a better idea.....

What about Canada ?if you are interested over there they have not changed there rules yet.......
That doesnt mean i dont want to contact nabp for a solution but as you said you want to get out of this (i know how a persons feels)so i thought i should suggest you to go for license in Canada.
Do you know any graduates who are suffering from the same problem?
I would really appreciate if you come up with some suggestion about how should we work together to solve this situation.