For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

I got my second interview notice just today. @Asylum seeker was your second interview at the same office, how should I prepare for it. Please help.

In the 2nd interview they checked with me my I-589 application and asked me most the info there like my name, date of birth, address, citizenship and etc.....
Also the asked my about if there is any updated info after your last interview
- Where did I worked last 5 years and from when to when.
- Where did I travel last 5 years and if did travel after last interview. why and for how long.
- Did you get new citizenship?
- Where did you live in the last 5 years and from when to when.
- Do you still have fear to go back home or if you have new different circumstances in your life or home country.
My 2nd interview was only 30 minutes long.

That's all what they asked me.

In the 2nd interview they checked with me my I-589 application and asked me most the info there like my name, date of birth, address, citizenship and etc.....
Also the asked my about if there is any updated info after your last interview
- Where did I worked last 5 years and from when to when.
- Where did I travel last 5 years and if did travel after last interview. why and for how long.
- Did you get new citizenship?
- Where did you live in the last 5 years and from when to when.
- Do you still have fear to go back home or if you have new different circumstances in your life or home country.
My 2nd interview was only 30 minutes long.

That's all what they asked me.
Thanks a lot, brother. Almost a repeat of 1st interview. I had all this questions plus more in the first one. It took me 3 hours plus. May be my Asylum officer has changed or something. Let us see how it goes. I am getting ready to submit latest country condition documents now.

Friends, I am extremely happy to let you know that I finally received our final approval today! What a relief. My life has been like a roller coaster and finally there is relief, end of all this extremely difficult situation.

Good luck to all the friends waiting for their decision. I hope you all receive the best of the news soon.

Friends, I am extremely happy to let you know that I finally received our final approval today! What a relief. My life has been like a roller coaster and finally there is relief, end of all this extremely difficult situation.

Good luck to all the friends waiting for their decision. I hope you all receive the best of the news soon.
Congratulations Brother, enjoy your freedom and new life!!!

Last edited:

Congrats friend, I'm happy for you. Can you please share when you had interview ,thank you

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's Sounds like your Christmas came early this year. Enjoy it :)

Congrats man.
I just had my interview done after long 2 years.the interview went well and just have to go to the USCIS On monday jan 09 to get the result.
Hope for the best
Wish me luck guys
Need it a lot

Hi All,

There are people who have been very very helpful to asylum seekers and asylees. Many of you know Jason Dzubow, who writes the blog asylumist.com and Dr Kate Sugarman, a medical dr who helps asylum seekers tremendously. They are organizing a refugee ball in Washington DC on Jan 17, 2017. I strongly encourage all to attend and those who are capable please make donations to this cause, these are selfless people working for people like you and me. Donation Link:

https://www.gofundme.com/refugee-ball?ssid=849057474&pos=1

I just received the decesion today in mail.was not good.
They referred the case to the immigration court
Hi shael728,

I heard many people got approval at the Immigration Court. Keep trying, and make sure to obtain your interview verbatim if possible. At the court, they are probably going to argue using the answers you have given at the interview. Try to write down what exactly answered at the interview so you can use the notes at the court. Also, if I were you, I would try to get a second opinion from another lawyer as well.

Hi , its almost 9 mounts that my father waiting for decision .
9 months is not that long. Try to keep your self busy with work or study and stop thinking a lot about how long you been waiting. More you think about it more the time going to pass slowly. I waited over 3 years after the interview to get my decision, but hopefully your father case not going to take that long.