For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

Hi all,

My interview was last week. I think it went well. It was really hard to know what the officer had in mind. He was polite but would ask me to rephrase or explain what he meant to ask. Are the interviews this way only. He did show his concern on couple of issues like my COP is very big and I could have settled elsewhere there only and all. But I think I was able to convey my point. He wished me luck at the end. How have been your experiences? I am very nervous.
Wish you good luck. Keep us updated if you got your case decision.

Wish you good luck. Keep us updated if you got your case decision.
Asylum Seeker, Do you have any idea, do they update on website every Monday. Today it has been 14 days, but my decision is a mail out. So should they update my status today or next Monday if I am approved?

Asylum Seeker, Do you have any idea, do they update on website every Monday. Today it has been 14 days, but my decision is a mail out. So should they update my status today or next Monday if I am approved?
They will update it same day or up to 4 days after you got your approval. Most people don't get their decision after two weeks and need to wait.
They told me that they will mail me the decision after two week from the interview, but I received it after 3 years from the interview. Be patient.

They will update it same day or up to 4 days after you got your approval. Most people don't get their decision after two weeks and need to wait.
They told me that they will mail me the decision after two week from the interview, but I received it after 3 years from the interview. Be patient.
Thanks. Did you ever figure out what took them the 3 years?

Some questions here. Need advice and guidance from all:
  1. I have received 1st EAD and have been interviewed and now awaiting decision, After interview, if decision is delayed, shall my EADs will be renewed every year, Is there something that can stop the clock now?
  2. My eldest kid is in Junior year(11th Grade) now here in USA, if we receive no decision or are in court in next two years, how does this effect her college admissions?
  3. If she goes to college, shall she be allowed to complete her studies irrespective of our status here?
Please provide your valuable thoughts.

1. I have received 1st EAD and have been interviewed and now awaiting decision, After interview, if decision is delayed, shall my EADs will be renewed every year, Is there something that can stop the clock now?
  2. My eldest kid is in Junior year(11th Grade) now here in USA, if we receive no decision or are in court in next two years, how does this effect her college admissions?
  3. If she goes to college, shall she be allowed to complete her studies irrespective of our status here?
1- Yes, you can renew your EAD card every year but you going to pay about $380 for that. Your clock won't stop after you did the interview and got your EAD card unless if your asylum case got denied or they asked you to do something and you didn't completed it on time, like coming for another interview or doing another fingerprints.
2&3 I don't know the right answer.

1- Yes, you can renew your EAD card every year but you going to pay about $380 for that. Your clock won't stop after you did the interview and got your EAD card unless if your asylum case got denied or they asked you to do something and you didn't completed it on time, like coming for another interview or doing another fingerprints.
Is one eligible for EAD renewals if case is in immigration court?

Every college is different, depends on your college. My college accepted students without status too, so i had no problem getting in. But I know other colleges which requires to have docs. You need to check with colleges your daughter interested in and see if any accepts students without status.

Every college is different, depends on your college. My college accepted students without status too, so i had no problem getting in. But I know other colleges which requires to have docs. You need to check with colleges your daughter interested in and see if any accepts students without status.
- In your college who much tuition fees they charge student without status. Do they charge them same as in state resident students fees, out of state resident students fees or same as international students fees?
- Do they provide financial aid for student without status?

Hi @Asylum seeker @Zyam , thanks for your responses. I had emailed my AO and received the following mail today
"Thank you for your email. Please note that this application is pending a final decision in our office. Once a final decision is reached, you will receive a written decision by mail from our office. Please be sure to maintain an updated address with our office at all times by completing a AR-11."
Could this be due to background check or supervisor decision pending?

- In your college who much tuition fees they charge student without status. Do they charge them same as in state resident students fees, out of state resident students fees or same as international students fees?
- Do they provide financial aid for student without status?
They charge student without status as international student - so you need to pay per credit at higher rate. However, my college accepted work authorization with category C8(I think it is C8) - which you get while waiting for your asylum and if you have proof of one year residency then student can pay as resident. It saved me from paying a lot.
Financial aid - no granted asylum, no aid. Once you get asylum, you can get financial aid( proof of one year residency required too).

Hi @Asylum seeker @Zyam , thanks for your responses. I had emailed my AO and received the following mail today
"Thank you for your email. Please note that this application is pending a final decision in our office. Once a final decision is reached, you will receive a written decision by mail from our office. Please be sure to maintain an updated address with our office at all times by completing a AR-11."
Could this be due to background check or supervisor decision pending?
I am not sure but I think that it is waiting for supervisor decision or your officer need more time to decide on your case. I got recommended approval and was told there that officer approved my asylum but there they needed background checks to run.
In your reply it looks that decision is still in process. Hope they will do that fast and you will be granted asylum, waiting is the worst. I had been waiting since Aug 2012.

Hi , we had interview 12 month ago at sfo . But still waiting for decision . But we get full scope medical . They said fenderal and state gov make this decision you are qualify for medical