For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

The immigration system is broken. The asylum system too is broken. They should make a rule that all asylum case have to be decided 30 days after interview and if pending background check, they should be required to issue a recommended decision.
Their inability to decide cases long after interview is making the system worse.

You guys are all wonderful. Please advise, I have a wife that will be joining me soon from abroad (my country) on a B1 Visa. How exactly do i go about including her in my application or she need file her own on arrival?

Ive been waiting for interview for 72 days now, also aware of all the current issues in the whole process.
awaiting your response and thank you.

Cos123

I'D LIKE TO LEAVE SOME COMMENTS HERE.
I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THE DECISION MORE THAN 5 MONTHS SINCE THE FIRST INTERVIEW.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE DECISION MORE THAN 1 WEEK SINCE THE SECOND INTERVIEW.
IT'S 1ST JUNE TODAY. GEE.

Hey guys.
After days I will enter the third year since I applied for asylum in 2012. No decision till now
Anyone got updates or decision on any case.
Is there any way to speedup my case ?

Thank you guys. I wish everybody get good news soon. I'm praying for that.
I will continue my journey till I become a U.S. citizen.
God bless America

guys please advice what do you do during first 180 days and days months years after ?? waiting for the decision ?? do you work ? can you ?? If I apply for asylum when can I bring my partner ( not wife ) and child over ?? Thanks

guys please advice what do you do during first 180 days and days months years after ?? waiting for the decision ?? do you work ? can you ?? If I apply for asylum when can I bring my partner ( not wife ) and child over ?? Thanks
You could apply for work permit after 6 months from the date you file your case. After that you could work normally like any U.S citizen till the expiration of you work permit. You could bring your wife and unmarried children under 21 years old after you get your asylum approval. I don't know about your partner, but I think they need at least a marriage certificate. Check with your lawyer.

I don't think he is allowed to bring in a partner. His children can come after approval but not his partner. They need to get married first and go through the application process.

Hi all,

My interview was last week. I think it went well. It was really hard to know what the officer had in mind. He was polite but would ask me to rephrase or explain what he meant to ask. Are the interviews this way only. He did show his concern on couple of issues like my COP is very big and I could have settled elsewhere there only and all. But I think I was able to convey my point. He wished me luck at the end. How have been your experiences? I am very nervous.