For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

I get my decision after 2 and a half years. I stayed on status all those times. I did status request many times by mail.

did it get approved? i am in same phase as you were in now i recently received my biometric test. How often will it get approved?

I'm still waiting 400 days after the interview. I was in status but I went out of status before 1 month. Is there any thing I can do to speed up my decision?
USA is my family my only home and country and I don't have any place to go.
I'm afraid.

Hi guys .. any updates. anyone got decision, either approval or denial?!!
I'm out of status and still waiting more that one year. what about you pepsico?!!

I was told to pick up my decision after my interview and I drove 1.5 hrs (one way) and they just told me - "didn't anyone call you? They should have called you. I have no decision for you. We will mail it to you, but don't ask when. We don't know when. We don't know why we don't have a decision'. Now I am afraid that I will never hear back again.

I also heard that sometimes they stop your "asylum clock" by mistake even if you didn't cause any delays. Is there a chance that after 180 days they won't issue me a EAD? Do a lot of people get denied after waiting long periods for a decision?

Does anyone in status ever get a final decision? People posting from 2012 never updated :(

1 Out of status (with me 2 other family members out of status)
Interview done on November 12
Newark

Wish I will get approved in 2 weeks.

Hi guys .. any updates. anyone got decision, either approval or denial?!!
I'm out of status and still waiting more that one year. what about you pepsico?!!

There should be mistake in their office otherwise I don't know what is reason of holding your decision, your family is here?

How can they do this to people, if someone's family member is in danger back in country and decision is pending for 1 year because of unknown reason.

This is unacceptable

Hi Journalist,

Can you tell us a little bit more about the Newark officer?! How did your interview go?
I will be applying at the same one.

ece I am wondering if we may be from the same country applying for similar reasons. I already had my interview. Maybe we can help each other out due to similar country conditions. I figured out from your username.

Vlad

Hi everyone! I passed the interview at Anaheim Office 31 October. But still waiting for mailing answer. I'm so worried that I'm waiting more then 2 weeks. Has someone passed the interview at the same time and has got answer already?

Hi everyone! I passed the interview at Anaheim Office 31 October. But still waiting for mailing answer. I'm so worried that I'm waiting more then 2 weeks. Has someone passed the interview at the same time and has got answer already?

Hello Vlad,

since you apply at Anaheim,

I want to ask,

When did you apply for your asylum application?
(I want to know how long does it take for you to get your interview appointment from the date you apply),

and how was the interview?, please kindly share it with us here,...

did the officer told you that the decision will be mailed, cause usually they told you to came pick it up after 2weeks...

Vlad

Hello Vlad,

since you apply at Anaheim,

I want to ask,

When did you apply for your asylum application?
(I want to know how long does it take for you to get your interview appointment from the date you apply),

and how was the interview?, please kindly share it with us here,...

did the officer told you that the decision will be mailed, cause usually they told you to came pick it up after 2weeks...

I applied for asylum 19 of September and the interview was on 31 of October. Interview was about 2,5 hours. And the officer told me that the decision will be mailed to me. But I didn't ask when. So what does it mean?

That means when the decision is made, it will be mailed to you where typically, they will call you in 2 weeks to pick it up.
I guess you are in status that's why it happened.

I applied for asylum 19 of September and the interview was on 31 of October. Interview was about 2,5 hours. And the officer told me that the decision will be mailed to me. But I didn't ask when. So what does it mean?

That means when the decision is made, it will be mailed to you where typically, they will call you in 2 weeks to pick it up.

hmmm...
maybe perhaps the officer already knew that he/she needs more time or his/her supervisor need to look deeper into your case,
that is why the officer did not tell you to pick up the decision in 2 weeks, but they will mail it to you...
from some other recent interview experience at Anaheim, there is a person who were told to pick up the decision in 2 weeks...

anyway, this mean, you could be waiting between soon to very long time (like 6 months to 1 year) before you get your decision by mail...
If I were you, I would go back to Anaheim office this Wednesday (their open walk in day) and ask them about your case decision.

but you are already very lucky to be interviewed so soon.
I had been waiting since April (7 months now)...

Vlad

Yes I'm in status. So you think its gonna be long time to wait for me?

Could you explain me why I can"t check my case status online?

Because your asylum application had not been approved.
Only after you got approved that you can check your status online,
and when you check them you are not directly checking your asylum status,
but you are checking for your EAD Card (work permit) status.
so if you got your permanent EAD Card approved (not to be mistaken with applying for temporary EAD card) that mean you got
your asylum application approved.

Vlad,
could you tell us more about your asylum interview,
I understand it was 2.5 hours,
but could you be more details about it?
like how is the officer treat you?
is the question hard,...
you know give us some info here...

Sorry Asylum_seeker and other guys...Had been really busy with school... Applied on October 2012 and never got an interview notice...Applied to Chicago Asylum Office.... Approved EAD though..
Keep posted!

3 weeks passed since interview, Asylum officer told me it would take "couple more weeks" I hope couple more weeks will be couple more weeks and not couple more months or years.

My case was so clear and rich with evidence, i am nervous they could have sent me recommended for approval and then they could have done security checks. at least this is what USCIS says.
I don't know what to think, I hope I will receive decision in 1-2 weeks time. Or I will go to the office