For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

No jhallu I don't know anyone filed from Minnesota
I'm still waiting for the decision form San Francisco Asylum office ... now about 50 days :( and still waiting

No jhallu I don't know anyone filed from Minnesota
I'm still waiting for the decision form San Francisco Asylum office ... now about 50 days :( and still waiting

so sorry to hear that..so were you in status while you applied? there is guy who I know had to wait 2 weeks and his was out...lucky..but he was in his OPT..anyways i wish gud luck for you... I wil keep informed about what goes with me..stay in touch and all the best..

so sorry to hear that..so were you in status while you applied? there is guy who I know had to wait 2 weeks and his was out...lucky..but he was in his OPT..anyways i wish gud luck for you... I wil keep informed about what goes with me..stay in touch and all the best..

Thanks jhallu
I'm was in status when I applied and still in status.
stay in touch

Hi Asylum seeker, nice thread
I am waiting for decision for 5 months now, and I am out of status can you imagine that!
Last time i got in touch with AO they told me they need to schedule 2nd interview because they have more questions they forgot to ask on the 1st one. This second interview never scheduled for 2 months now, every time I asked the AO about my 2nd interview schedule they say sorry we are busy we can not do it now nor can give a clue when it can be done!

Hi Asylum seeker, nice thread
I am waiting for decision for 5 months now, and I am out of status can you imagine that!
Last time i got in touch with AO they told me they need to schedule 2nd interview because they have more questions they forgot to ask on the 1st one. This second interview never scheduled for 2 months now, every time I asked the AO about my 2nd interview schedule they say sorry we are busy we can not do it now nor can give a clue when it can be done!

Sorry for that. In which city was your first interview ?

Hello all,
I was going thru the posts and found it really helpful. I was wondering, do you know anyone who filed from Minnesota? I am in status. will keep everyone informed about what goes on.. Any input is helpful and appreciated..

STEP SIX: Asylum Officer Makes Determination on Eligibility and Supervisory Asylum Officer Reviews the Decision

You must meet the definition of a refugee in order to be eligible for asylum. The asylum officer will determine whether you:·

Are eligible to apply for asylum
Meet the definition of a refugee in Section 101(a)(42)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
Are barred from being granted asylum under Section 208(b)(2) of the INA

A supervisory asylum officer reviews the asylum officer’s decision to ensure it is consistent with the law. Depending on the case, the supervisory asylum officer may refer the decision to asylum division headquarters staff for additional review.

STEP SEVEN: Applicant Receives Decision

In most cases, you will return to the asylum office to pick up the decision two weeks after the asylum officer interviewed you.

You will generally receive a decision no later than 60 days after you filed your asylum application. Longer processing times may be required if you:

Are currently in valid immigration status
Were interviewed at a USCIS field office
Have pending security checks
Have a case that is being reviewed by asylum division headquarters staff

We generally mail your decision to you in these situations. For more information on the types of asylum decisions issued by USCIS, see the “Types of Asylum Decisions” link to the right.

For more detailed information on the affirmative asylum process, see the “Resources for Asylees” link to the right.

Had biometrics taken

Hello,
I had my biometrics taken about 2 weeks ago, but haven't received any letter for interview date. I am getting impatient here. How long does it take for them to schedule an interview?What happened to your case?

I got the interview letter in the mail after 14 day for the day i did my biometrics. and my interview was after 2 week form that day.

eyberwa Cassino

Hello,
I had my biometrics taken about 2 weeks ago, but haven't received any letter for interview date. I am getting impatient here. How long does it take for them to schedule an interview?What happened to your case?

I also did the biometrics at the same time as you. I haven't received any letter for interview date. I need to go to Kansas City field office to do the interview. I think interview at filed office is the reason for a later interview notice. So 19th, I send an mail to request to travel to the Chicago office for the interview. I am still waiting for answer. I will keep posting any updates of mine.

U can request for interview to the place neareast to you

Hello,
Its been a month, today that i filed my application, applicaton was accepted on October 29, had biometrics taken on November 6th,2012, havent heard from since then..
My field office is Chicago like yours eyberwa Cassino, but I think I can request for the interview at St Paul which is nearest interview office for me, in case they call me for the interview at Chicago... but its taking forever for them to respond...21 days passed since my biometrics but no response...I called USCIS today and they told me to mail a request of case status to the field office. What is going on with yours? Did you get a letter?
keep informed
jhallu

hi guys,
I applied for my initial EAD card based on pending asylum and today i received an update that the office needs additional evidence and i am so confused because i remember sending all the documents they sent from the time i applied for asylum.I haven't yet received the letter in the mail but i dont just understand what they are asking for.I am still in F-1 status ,can it be related to that or what ???has anyone experienced this before???pls i need some help to calm down

I don't have experience in this because I'm still under 150 days ..... But did you send the original letters you got in the mail to them or you just send copy of it to them.?

Please could anybody help our friend pepsico ?!!

thanks for the quick reply,i sent them all the originals with pictures even ,i mean i sent everything that they asked for .I don't know if they may be want my I-20 or my passport or visa copies

hi guys,
I applied for my initial EAD card based on pending asylum and today i received an update that the office needs additional evidence and i am so confused because i remember sending all the documents they sent from the time i applied for asylum.I haven't yet received the letter in the mail but i dont just understand what they are asking for.I am still in F-1 status ,can it be related to that or what ???has anyone experienced this before???pls i need some help to calm down

hi pepsico, sorry for hearing that, you remember i was asking for additional evidence on these forums since i had only my Asylum case receipt and fingerprints appointment? Well I asked some paralegal and they advice me to do one of the followings:-
1. going in person to Asylum office and ask the officer or a supervisor to give me a proof that my case is pending with them - alternative i can send inquiry but they will take their time to answer.
2. sending a letter along with my EAD application stating that my case is pending with the Asylum Office and these are all the documents i have, if they need further proof/evidence better they contact the asylum office.

I choose the second option, I will keep you updated. Please when you get the letter by mail tell us exactly what they are asking for. This is getting very confusing.

I don't have experience in this because I'm still under 150 days ..... But did you send the original letters you got in the mail to them or you just send copy of it to them.?

Please could anybody help our friend pepsico ?!!

hmm Asylum seeker the lesson i learnt never send any original document back to USCIS they will never return it unless they ask for original, for EAD they need copies i think

hi pepsico, sorry for hearing that, you remember i was asking for additional evidence on these forums since i had only my Asylum case receipt and fingerprints appointment? Well I asked some paralegal and they advice me to do one of the followings:-
1. going in person to Asylum office and ask the officer or a supervisor to give me a proof that my case is pending with them - alternative i can send inquiry but they will take their time to answer.
2. sending a letter along with my EAD application stating that my case is pending with the Asylum Office and these are all the documents i have, if they need further proof/evidence better they contact the asylum office.
I choose the second option, I will keep you updated. Please when you get the letter by mail tell us exactly what they are asking for. This is getting very confusing.

Yeah Danti i will keep you guys posted about that ,i just wonder what it will ask again for.

i just got the letter from uscis for my application concerning my EAD.it says your application is missing a documentation establishing your identity .the service requires photocopies of identity documents that clearly show the facial features of the applicant and the applicants biographical information.submit a copy of your current photo identity document such as passport showing your picture ,name and date of birth ,...

i just wonder why i did not send my passport photocopies or driving license.any way i will send it tomorow.i just wonder whether uscis and the service center does not work together because if they wanted to know about my identity ,then they could have just ask it to uscis instead of asking me.Any way i posted this just to let does who want to apply for eEAD card that they have to send their passport photocopies or driving license or anything that identifies them.Normally they should have indicated them in their requirements for application for EAD card .

thank you pepsico. It's really good to know because I'm going to apply for EAD soon.

welcome and by the way they said its good to send color photocoppies of those documents ,black and white may not be accepted .that is what they said in the letter ,so i will have to send color prints