For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

I filed my asylum application in november 2010 and after two biometrics and two interview my case still pending since, any advice will be welcome.

Did you do any inquiry? what was the response? and What was the motive for second interview?

Hi Guys,
I recently wanted to apply for internship at a company and also i have my EAD i had based on pending asylum and also still in f-1 status.So my question is that do i just need my EAD card and SSN if i get accepted for the internship??By the way i don't want to apply for internship through CPT or OPT ,I just want to profit now that i already have my EAD card.Any input is welcom

If you are in status, your case is in low priority category in the asylum office. Most of the time they send you the decision after you are out of status. I waited for one year after interview though i was not in status all that time. Another thing, the pile of work in the service center that is servicing your case determines the duration it will take.

Hi guys
Any updates. Anyone got his/her decision either approval or denial.
I'm desperate. It's over 4 months and still in status and nothing new.

You know how hard is waiting for the decision :(, specially when your have family. my family suffering and depends on me to rescue them from COP and bring them her.

Let's share our experiences and encourage each other to be patient :rolleyes:.

Please join us and tell us about your experience or the experience of your family, friend, cousin, elatives, or others.

Please mention
1- If you still in status or out of status :eek: .
2- The city or state of asylum interview
3- which month was the interview
4- How long you was or still waiting :rolleyes: .

I will start by myself

San Francisco, California
I'm still in status.
Interview in September 10, 2012
The Asylum office told me that they will mail the decision to me once it's ready.
Today passed a month from the day of the interview :( .

What's about you ?!! :confused:

I had my asylum interview a month ago, at L.A. Office, which went very well. It last about 1.5 hours, and at the end of the interview, the Asylum Officer, a very amiable person, said "You story is not just plausible but credible to me. I'll make a favorable decision on your case. I'll need to verify it with my supervisor and we'll mail out our decision to you in 10 days..."

However a month has passed, I haven't received anything. I'm at a loss...

Hi guys
Any updates. Anyone got his/her decision either approval or denial.
I'm desperate. It's over 4 months and still in status and nothing new.

Nope ,still waiting and in status.We are all in the same boat let's just keep waiting and inform others .Good luck to everyone

I had my asylum interview a month ago, at L.A. Office, which went very well. It last about 1.5 hours, and at the end of the interview, the Asylum Officer, a very amiable person, said "You story is not just plausible but credible to me. I'll make a favorable decision on your case. I'll need to verify it with my supervisor and we'll mail out our decision to you in 10 days..."

However a month has passed, I haven't received anything. I'm at a loss...

Just keep waiting ,apart if you want to make an info pass about your case by writtting to the asylum office that handles your case

Its been 81 days since my fingerprints but have not received any letter for the interview! so i wrote a letter to DHS and they replied that interview officer comes to my place only so many times a year. so i have to wait...

Its been 81 days since my fingerprints but have not received any letter for the interview! so i wrote a letter to DHS and they replied that interview officer comes to my place only so many times a year. so i have to wait...

I am also in the same situation. It has been already more than 150 days since I applied. I am now waiting for EAD card, but since I applied, I only received acknowledgement of receipt for asylum, fingerprint notice and did pass fingerprint. I havent got any interview notice and havent heard form them. I dont know why. Because I am in New York and though that it would be quicker to get interview. As I know other people here who got their interview in time.
Why they can delay interview?

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I post in this forum. I am so much in need of web sites where I can learn about the asylum process with extenuating circumstances. I know that probably I am not in the right thread, but I can see that here there are many with experience in asylum, at least much more than me, and maybe you can let me know if any of you know anything about extenuating circumstances.

Thank you everyone and very good luck with all the cases.

I had my asylum interview since April 2012 at SF Office.Still waiting for decision , also i have my EAD and SSN base on pending asylum.:(

wondering if you are still in status? maybe the asylum pending due to the valid status in USA

Hello,
its been 157 days since i589 was received. I wanted to apply for EAD but am confused because I am in F1 status. Does anyone know if I apply for EAD now, will it affect my OPT when I graduate? Please throw in you experience with this. Need a job as well as am afraid to apply for EAD because of this confusion.

@May11... I understand your frustration. I agree with marmora because i have similar case and havent been called for an interview.
Also, one of my friend in Newyork was interviewed within 40 days of filing application, and she got approved last week and she was out of status. This makes me believe that on status students are put on waiting list. So did you get your EAD? Do you have a lawyer with you? I am confused for the fact that applying for EAD affects OPT when I graduate. If you know anything about it please let me know.
thanks all

I filed my papers and I was still in Status F1, I was granted 3 months and 20 days later. "Anaheim-office"

You know how hard is waiting for the decision :(, specially when your have family. my family suffering and depends on me to rescue them from COP and bring them her.

Let's share our experiences and encourage each other to be patient :rolleyes:.

Please join us and tell us about your experience or the experience of your family, friend, cousin, elatives, or others.

Please mention
1- If you still in status or out of status :eek: .
2- The city or state of asylum interview
3- which month was the interview
4- How long you was or still waiting :rolleyes: .

I will start by myself

San Francisco, California
I'm still in status.
Interview in September 10, 2012
The Asylum office told me that they will mail the decision to me once it's ready.
Today passed a month from the day of the interview :( .

What's about you ?!! :confused:

Most of you guys are at least done with your interview. I gave my finger print in nov and I am still waiting for interview date. It is so frustrating. I am being so depressed. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Most of you guys are at least done with your interview. I gave my finger print in nov and I am still waiting for interview date. It is so frustrating. I am being so depressed. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sorry for that k2k ,just be waiting it will come one day ,but you can still inquire to get your interview

Hello,
its been 157 days since i589 was received. I wanted to apply for EAD but am confused because I am in F1 status. Does anyone know if I apply for EAD now, will it affect my OPT when I graduate? Please throw in you experience with this. Need a job as well as am afraid to apply for EAD because of this confusion.

@May11... I understand your frustration. I agree with marmora because i have similar case and havent been called for an interview.
Also, one of my friend in Newyork was interviewed within 40 days of filing application, and she got approved last week and she was out of status. This makes me believe that on status students are put on waiting list. So did you get your EAD? Do you have a lawyer with you? I am confused for the fact that applying for EAD affects OPT when I graduate. If you know anything about it please let me know.
thanks all

you dont need to freak out ,it will be fine ,I am in f-1 also and I have my EAD based on pending asylum ,I dont think it will affect your OPT na dyou even have advantage because you can work off campus with that EAD since it is based on pending asylum and not economic hardship or OPT ,so you have a lot of advantages ,you can also even work for internship just with your EAD ,man I tell you that there is alot of benefits having that so dont be afraid ,asylum is seperate from school issues.So I will advise you to look for internship with your EAD when you get that ,so you know you still have internships with your f-1 status

I decided not to extend my opt and get the ead based on asylum. Still waiting for decision after 2.5 months and will be out of status after 2 weeks. :(