For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

Asylum seeker

Registered Users (C)
You know how hard is waiting for the decision :(, specially when your have family. my family suffering and depends on me to rescue them from COP and bring them her.

Let's share our experiences and encourage each other to be patient :rolleyes:.

Please join us and tell us about your experience or the experience of your family, friend, cousin, elatives, or others.

Please mention
1- If you still in status or out of status :eek: .
2- The city or state of asylum interview
3- which month was the interview
4- How long you was or still waiting :rolleyes: .

I will start by myself

San Francisco, California
I'm still in status.
Interview in September 10, 2012
The Asylum office told me that they will mail the decision to me once it's ready.
Today passed a month from the day of the interview :( .

What's about you ?!! :confused:

I had my interview in august and am pretty still in status and that's the reason why i still dont have a decision on my case.On the day of my interview the officer said that they will mail the application and that i don't have to worry much still i am still on status .When she told me that i knew it was going to take long and that make more sense because the immigration when it has more cases of out of status folks ,they give priority to those out of status because they can cause more threat to the country compared to the one in status.So let's just wait and wait untill ou turn comes.Mine is almost 3 months since my inteview in missouri.Hope you doing fine?just wait for sure one day it will come out ,you cannot do anyhing about that

Best regards

I had my interview in august and am pretty still in status and that's the reason why i still dont have a decision on my case.On the day of my interview the officer said that they will mail the application and that i don't have to worry much still i am still on status .When she told me that i knew it was going to take long and that make more sense because the immigration when it has more cases of out of status folks ,they give priority to those out of status because they can cause more threat to the country compared to the one in status.So let's just wait and wait untill ou turn comes.Mine is almost 3 months since my inteview in missouri.Hope you doing fine?just wait for sure one day it will come out ,you cannot do anyhing about that

Best regards

11 months since interview. still in status. You just had your interview. Pray you get your decision soon or you will wait for ever like me.

waaaaaoooo guys 3 months - 11 months that's really long time..... I will pray to get me decision soon ..... I hope that
Do you think there is ways to follow up with the asylum office. such as going directly to the Asylum Office and inquire about case there or send letter for inquiry by mail to the Asylum office with the name of the immigration officer who interview on it. !!!

I don't know but it's really hard to wait long time

if you are in status,you will have to wait for long ,priority is mostly given to those out of status

I get my decision after 2 and a half years. I stayed on status all those times. I did status request many times by mail.

I get my decision after 2 and a half years. I stayed on status all those times. I did status request many times by mail.

talfam,
what type of status did you have? was it a student visa? if yes did you work with pending asylum? What i want to know is can you work under pending asylum work authorization while being on f1 status.

yop ,you can asylum_seeker,you can apply for employment authorization after 150 days from the date you filed for asylum till the 150 days have passed and that your case is still pending.So just calculate how many days have passed from when you filed your asylum and if 150days have passed,then you can apply for EAD CARD through www.uscis.gov

yop ,you can asylum_seeker,you can apply for employment authorization after 150 days from the date you filed for asylum till the 150 days have passed and that your case is still pending.So just calculate how many days have passed from when you filed your asylum and if 150days have passed,then you can apply for EAD CARD through www.uscis.gov

I understand you can get an EAD. But what if you are in F1 status and after 150 days you get EAD thru pending asylum. My question is does it violate your F1 status to work under Pending asylum EAD? I am concerned if my case is denied will I still retain my F1 status or I will have my F1 revoked because I worked with asylum case pending.

you wil still be in status even after you have your EAD simply because f-1 and asylum are treated on different system and even if the Social security office notice ,they will know you are working with your pending asylum and not your f-1 status.Even if your case is denied you will keep being in on f-1 status.Asylum doesn't affect your status what ever the decision

Assylum_seeker, I had been in student status during the pending period. I didn't apply for work authorization because I had assistantship at school and don't have to work outside. I had also the same fear as you had now and didn't want to jeopardize my status. I think it is possible to apply and get the permit as pepsico said.

Assylum_seeker, I had been in student status during the pending period. I didn't apply for work authorization because I had assistantship at school and don't have to work outside. I had also the same fear as you had now and didn't want to jeopardize my status. I think it is possible to apply and get the permit as pepsico said.

Why it took you 2.5 yrs to get a decision? what was your country of persecution? I am afraid if mine takes that long its already 1 year since filing. and 11 months in interview.

asylum_seeker, Whenever I did status request by mail I got a reply " the decision is pending required for background and security check". This is the only reason I am aware of. May be your case can be processed early and get the decision soon. Good Luck

Had mine in the end of September in Chicago. Was told to expect a decision in mail. In status.

asylum_seeker, Whenever I did status request by mail I got a reply " the decision is pending required for background and security check". This is the only reason I am aware of. May be your case can be processed early and get the decision soon. Good Luck

Which asylum office processed your case? I did a status check about a month ago and it said "pending for additional review".

Any one got approved or denied for San Francisco recently
I'm trying to estimate the decision time for the people who still in status and applied in San Francisco.

Any idea ?!!

Hey guys ,just wanted to know how many pictures to send for application for EAD based on pending asylum

Mailed i589 on October 26th from Minnesota...

Hello all,
I was going thru the posts and found it really helpful. I was wondering, do you know anyone who filed from Minnesota? I am in status. will keep everyone informed about what goes on.. Any input is helpful and appreciated..