For the long suffering RFE dudes

Mine said " 14 to 60 days"

After which you can call the VSC # and talk to IIO :mad: ............after which the IIO will ask you to expect decision in 2-4 months.........:mad:

man.........this GC process.........squeezing all the juices out of me.......

Sorry to hear your plights...

But always remember. when you finally get it...you are the one who has a story to tell.

The person who got a GC just like that has nothing interesting to say.

When you tell this to your kids they will know how your life has been with struggles when you immigrated here.

======
To keep your spirits up...

Ratan Tata has no story to tell us...becoz all was inherited by him over which he built his empire, he has played in riches all the time.

Whereas Dhirubhai Ambani (Reliance Industries) is a "rags to Riches" story. Which character do you guys would like to READ about?
======
Good luck! God bless you guys! Don't worry you will get there!

Luv

-Roma

Mine too says 14-60 days , AVM still not updated about the RFE materials I sent

Mine too says 14-60 days , AVM still not updated about the RFE materials I sent

tusker,

RFE details asked for by you:

RFE generated : 08/01/2002
RFE recd. by lawyer : 08/08/2002
RFE doc.s returned to lawyer: 08/15/2002
RFE response recd. by INS: 08/20/2002 (AVM updated)

Approved on 09/12/2002

Good luck.

-Palaniappan Rajaram

Thanks Prajaram

I really appreciate you providing the info.
That really helps.........

I too received the RFE notice within a week. AVM changed on 09/19 and lawyer received it on 09/26.

Well said Romalin..........:)

tusker75, did INS acknowledge recieving your RFE response ?

tusker75, did INS acknowledge recieving your RFE response ?

Pls let us know.

Not yet.........

My lawyer must have received my documents last monday. Also expected the employment letter to be with them by Tue,....latest Wed.

Was expecting lawyers note on submitting the documents......nothing till now........AVM/ Online Status.........has not changed yet.

Will post again when I hear about the receipt...

Anyone who has responded to RFE's during the last 2 weeks and have received response from INS...........Pl. post....

Not that I have anything against "prajaram" but I am just frustrated with the waiting game. "prajaram's" RFE was rcvd by INS on the same date as mine. He got his approval on 9/12 and I am still waiting. I will probably be waiting even on 10/12..who knows .....

:confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

It is terrible to know such long wait

INS just received my RFE response. It would be really terrible to know that it may take a few monthes to get it approved.

Please keep your status updated.

RFE got approved in 2 weeks

RD 08/07/01
ND 09/27/01
RFE 09/11/02
Rev'd by INS 09/22/02
AP: 10/7/02

My Response rcvd by INS today, status updated to rcvd your response to our request...

My Response rcvd by INS today, status updated to rcvd your response to our request...

I guess there is a big luck factor that comes into play with INS.
I have heard contradictory things from diff people.
- Some ppl say that the officer holds on to the file till he gets the RFE response and then starts reprocessing once he receives the necessary papers. I think ppl who get approved in 2-3 weeks after RFE response fall in this category
-Some ppl say that the officer sends the file back to the queue when he issues a RFE and then the file has to go through work distribution (or whatever the damn proc INS uses to schedule work) once the response is received. In think I (and some other unlucky folks) fall in to this category. In this scenario it takes INS 2-4 mnths to approve a case.

Or may be it is just the officer who yr case is assigned to - One keeps it and other sends it back.

:confused:

Hi, fsa448,

Congratulations again on your approval.

You mentioned in your post that you had contact a Senator and a Congressman regarding your case. Could you kindly share some details of it? Such as how to contact them and how can they help? Since I've been waiting for more than 5 months after I replied the RFE, I think I have to do someting besides waiting. I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by fsa448
There was a thread a few days back about RFE cases that have been pending a long time. I wanted to add my details to that but for some reason it did not allow me to post and now I cannot find that thread. Anyway, here are my details - mainly for the benefit of those RFE sufferers who have been waiting a long time. You are not alone!

PD: Jan 3, 2000, EB3/India
RD: Jul 11, 2001 (436 days ago)
ND: Aug 24, 2001
FP: Dec 7, 2001
RFE Issued: Jun 13, 2002
RFE Reply Recd by INS: Jul 9, 2002 (73 days/10+weeks/2+ months ago)

Sorry if I am making this sound so dramatic - I must be finally losing my mind! During the past year I have run the full gamut of emotions - in March 2002, I was EXCITED because that's when the first July approval appeared on this board. In June 2002, I was DISMAYED when I heard that the RFE had been issued. However, I was also RELIEVED and EAGER because at least my case had been picked up and I knew that RFE cases are always approved within 2-3 weeks of receiving the reply (yeah, right! how wrong I was). July led to ANXIETY when the days passed by and there was no news. In August there was ANGER (since other RFE cases were being approved within 1-2 days of the reply and here was I with weeks passing my). Now here we are in September and I find myself strangely at peace. No more emotions left I guess. Once the approval comes (whenever that is), I am sure there will be plenty of bitterness. Whether there will be any joy, I don't know.

For those that are curious, RFE was for G325A (Biographic Info) which was submitted originally but they asked for a new one. I've spoken to IIOs several times. They were always polite to me but completely useless. I've also contacted a Senator and a Congressman. They were also very nice but that also has not helped. Not surprising, since I have come to the realization that this agency (INS) is not accountable to anyone.

Hope this is of some solace to those who are waiting.

formerfingercorssed ... don't know if you saw this reply by fsa448 to your query

formerfingercorssed ... don't know if you saw this reply by fsa448 to your query

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
details

hi!

Contacting Senators/Congressmen is not at all difficult in this country. First step is to obviously find out who your Senators and Congressman are. If you are not sure how you can find this out, let me know and I can point you to some web sites.

Once you know the Senator/Congressman's name, you can find out their office address/phone number from the web site of the US Senate and the House of Representatives. Then call up the office (preferably the office closest to where you live) and ask for the aide who handles immigration affairs. Then explain your case to that person and why you are requesting help. In your case, I think you have a legitimate complaint.

What happens next depends somewhat on the policies of the person whom you contacted. Some will request you to submit something in writing (so that they can make inquiries on your behalf without violating any privacy laws).

In my case, this did not help too much. Both offices that I contacted called INS and got back to me the next day. Their answers were the same - case is assigned to an adjudicator and I should wait for 6 weeks. I pointed out that my case was filed in July and VSC was claiming to process September 15 cases. In response to this they said that they sympathized with me but the case was still within the "normal" processing timeframe which currently is 12-18 months for I485 cases.

If you need any more information, let me know. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: