For the long suffering RFE dudes

formerfingercorssed

Not to discourage, I found that my I-140 being revoked after 2 year of approval. I found this out of curiosity after typing my I-140 EAC online. Then talked to IIO next morning they confirmed it. Till such IIO mentioned everything look good

485 - RD 7.6.01

SRAMASUB1,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Why they revoke your I-140? Why did they do such horrible thing like this? It's really a scarey news. Can you or your lawyer do something to fight back?

Best luck to you.

formerfingercorssed,

My lawyer got the same response too. One month back they said we will hear something in 4 weeks. Now also they are giving the same answer. I think for cases that have been pending for long time like ours, this is a standard response given by these IIos. I hope they do something about this. Do keep us informed of the updates.

Junfiler2

Why is your I-140 revoked

Why is your I-140 revoked. Do you not work for the same company. Or did the company declared bankruptcy, Or somebody in your HR or Management have any enimity against you.

Waiting

I am waiting for the notice to see the reasons.

Junfiler2 - Was your I-140 revoked or Intent to Revoke?? If so what were the reasons??

Thanks

SRAMASUB1

No. My I-140 was not revoked and I did not get an Intent to revoke either. My case is totally different. I got an RFE on my I-485 for employment letter, back in March 2002. After that I relocated to a different state and changed address with INS. I am now told that my file was directed to a wrong area and was sitting there with no action on the RFE response. Now they say it is on the right track. God only knows if that is true.

Junfiler2

SRAMASUB1

Thank you and do not worry. You will be fine too. It is probably a mistake on the part of INS. I can understand your anxiety. Wish you good luck.

Junfiler2

RFE response receipt message

RFE dudes...

VSC recieved my employment based RFE response on Oct 17th. The online message says some confusing stuff about 365-540 days processing time. If taken literally, seems absurd!! This is in contradiction to the sentence on the RFE notice that says once VSC receives the evidence a minimum of 14 days for processing...

Is this the standard message for RFE's response? Please tell me I'm not alone on this... :(

RD 08/03/01
ND 09/26/01
FP 01/22/02
RFE issued on 09/17/02 (pay stubs, empl letter, tax return, W2)
RFE response received on 10/17/02

Yes. That is a standard message after INS receives the RFE response. There were times when people used to get approved in 2 weeks after INS receives the RFE response. Nowadays it is taking a long time. Some lukcy people are getting it in less than 2 months. I am waiting for nearly 7 months after sending response to RFE. I know some who are waiting for almost 5 months or so. Hope you are lucky and get your approval soon. Good luck.

Junfiler2

Junfiler2,

Thanks. Indeed this does put my mind at ease. Sorry to hear about your long wait. INS twisted version of a cat and mouse game. I guess I can now settle down into a comfortable position... waiting for the green-cheese!!!

GCdreamin

1LongWait's wait is finally over !!

1LongWait's wait is finally over !!

This thread was the most important source of information. It provided me with all the courage to stand to this tragedy called RFE. I wish all the RFE's get approved as soon as possible.

My Details :

PD 11/98
RD 08/03/01
ND 09/25/01
FP 01/18/02

RFE 09/13/02 ( Emp Letter, 6 Months Pay stub, Tax Returns, Used AC21 regulation)
RFE Resp Rcvd 10/06/02

Case Approved 10/23/02 (Checked Online, will wait for Approval notice)

Wife's case still pending, Message says - FP Rcvd ...

I called INS yesterday, IIO said its pending , it may take 4-6 weeks . blah blah blah

Today its APPROVED !!!!!

Hey 1LongWait I had a similar RFE last 6 months paystubs and employment letter.
It's good to hear that it got approved within one months time.
Did you change jobs before 180 days?
Did you have any other complications with your case?
Aryana.

recd RFE on Oct 21

Waiting to see what it is about. Hoping lawyer will receive it today.

RD:10/18/01
ND: 11/29/01
RFE: 10/21/02

Will post details once I know abt it.

GeeCee Saga,

I did change job well after 180 days. New Job title and salary was same as previous one. Changed from Consultant at client's place to full time, so job also was same. Used AC21 law and described it in detail in Emp letter sent to INS

Called IIO this morning after much debate whether to call or not. It has been 4 weeks since INS received my RFE response. This gentleman was quite helpful. He said that the file is being reviewd.

He said "Depending upon the completeness of the file .... I don't know may be 30 to 120 days"

I asked once again "So someone is reviewing the file ?"

He said "The file is where you want it to be (?). But as I said before it may still take 30 to 120 days"

It is hard not get optimistic by his last statement. It sounded as though the case is probably on its last step but he did not want to have my hopes unnecessarily high.

Anyway guys.. I will keep you posted.

Kat0520,

I am watching your case alongside mine almost daily. We have almost the same dates at each step. And I was also told that my RFE response is being reviewed now.

Let me know if you beat me to the approval.

I am going to wait for a month and if I dont hear anything I plan to take a long vacation and check my case status for a couple of months. Maybe that will help.

Rupinder