• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For Dv 2012 May 1st selectees!!

If I were you I would get police report right now, even if it is before they open new winners.

That's exactly what I am thinking.

Better to be a couple of hundred out of pocket, than to miss out completely?

or should I say..."another couple of hundred" !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought in most countries police report is free of charge. Of course, there is a cost that would stop me from from doing this preventively

I thought in most countries police report is free of charge. Of course, there is a cost that would stop me from from doing this preventively

Free of charge? I wish!

In Australia, the cost is $145 each for a police check (including fingerprint check). Plus $20 to our local police station here in the USA to do the fingerprints. The check takes up to 30 days, maybe more with the current overload of requests. So for my husband and I that is over $300.

Is it worth doing on a maybe?

Is there a way to expedite the request and do it only if you actually win?

No. I've called and asked.

I wouldn't do it hoping for a "2nd batch" win out of the blue. I am only considering it because I am one of the May 1st selectees, who was not from the first two days and KCC already have my forms.

It is a chance, that I wouldn't want to miss out on if the appeal is favourable.

I think the probability of the appeal to be favorableis is less than probability to be listed in the second batch

Take action now

thank you brother...
this is so kind from you...

i have a question...

in my passport my surname is "xxxxxe" and in the application in wrote it "xxxxxx" so do i have to do my passport again or i have to send it with right way like in the passport in the forms DSP230 and DS 122??!!!

answer me plzzzzz help....

Bro get another passport very fast! Unless u ve used dat passport to travel to USA before, but if u ve not used it for USA trip before go get another one fast