For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May 2005

Not to worry

USofAGC said:
I got my I 140 approval very fast but what I am concerned is I haven’t received my EAD/AP or Finger Prints yet. In this thread most of the guys got those approvals in about one and half months time, so I was just wondering what could be the reason...FastTrackGC, edealfan or anybody any comments/suggestions/thoughts....

EB2 Substitute:
140 ND: 06/27/2005, AD: 07/14/2005
I-485 ND:06/27/2005, LUD 07/28
EAD ND:06/27/2005, LUD 07/28
AP ND:06/27/2005, LUD 07/28

Spouse:
I-485 ND:06/27/2005
EAD ND:06/27/2005, LUD 07/28
AP ND:06/27/2005, LUD 07/28

Hi USofAGC,
I think u will receive EAD and AP any time. your FP will take around 1 month . There is nothing to worry your process is fast as compare to many people.

FastTrackGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dolly,
Ans 1 :-There are lot of factor which decide center but mostly it is one of these ,where you labor is applied or Company Office or your residential area.

Ans 2:-Its you apply for I-485 along with that you also apply for EAD and generally EAD get approve within 3 months .

Hope I answered your questions.

FaskTrackGC

dolly09 said:
im new to this forum as my labor is still not cleared.will take atleast 6 months.
i was just curious to knw more abt later stages I- 140/485/EAD.how things are going on & at wat pace?

1. how will I come to knw which center I will applying the app.
2. I was reading at so many places that people has recd. EAD soon after filing their dox. though they hav not recd. any other approval besides labor certification...Is it true?

Wud appreciate if somebody answers my qs.

Thanks! n Sorry if somebody got annoyed reading my qs.

PD:Sep'03(OHIO)
RD:Aug'04(CHICAGO)
BEC: Dallas BEC

hello

FastTrackGC said:
Hi Dolly,
Ans 1 :-There are lot of factor which decide center but mostly it is one of these ,where you labor is applied or Company Office or your residential area.

Ans 2:-Its you apply for I-485 along with that you also apply for EAD and generally EAD get approve within 3 months .

Hope I answered your questions.

FaskTrackGC

Thanks FastTrackGC!

FastTrackGC said:
Hi USofAGC,
I think u will receive EAD and AP any time. your FP will take around 1 month . There is nothing to worry your process is fast as compare to many people.

FastTrackGC

Thank you FastTrackGC and Edealfan for your reply...

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2 from NSC (Nebraska)

Gurus, please comment on the following assumptions / hypothesis. Your comments will help those of us obtaining labor certifications and getting ready to file 140. Thanks in advance.

After labor certification, EB2 cases under Nebraska Service Center:

1. 140 --> Attorney Certified CP:
Best Case : 1 month for 140 and 2 months for AC CP, Total 3 months.
Average Case : 3 months for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, Total 6 months.
Worst Case : 1 year for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, 15 months.

Risks: Before filing of CP retrogression could occur. Visas could become unavaible.
Advantages: Faster GC. Delays are more deterministic. Even if retrogression occurs for EB 2, new approvals from Dallas BEC are from late 2002 or early 2003. Unlikely retrogression will go back untill then.

2. 140/485 Concurrent or 140/485 Separate:
Best Case : 6 months for GC
Average Case : 18 months for GC
Worst Case : 36 months for GC.

Risks: Could take 3 years
Advantages: If filed concurrent, could avoid the bad effects of retrogression. If NSC really iplements 180 day approval, it will be great. Looks like for new filings this seems to be a possibility.

Your comments on new Oct 2005 Cut Off Dates

Hi Everybody,
What are your comments on new cut Off dates......

For nationals from India, the cutoff date in EB3 is January 1, 1998. In order to file for adjustment of status to permanent residence or to complete a consular processing case to obtain the immigrant visa, that person's priority date must be before January 1, 1998. Nationals of mainland China have a cutoff date in EB3 of May 1, 2000. Mexico and the Philippines have cutoff dates of January 1, 2001 and March 1, 2001, respectively.

For nationals of India, the EB2 cutoff date of November 1, 1999, is not much better than for EB3. For persons from mainland China, the cutoff date of May 1, 2000, is the same for both the EB2 and the EB3.

In EB1, the cutoff date for India is August 1, 2002. For mainland China it is January 1, 2000. The dates are current for nationals from all other countries.

Various

Dear all,

Greetings!!!

I have many questions with regards to I-140/I-485 process. I am new to this forum.

What are the different stages within the I-140/I-485 concurrent process? My understanding of a typical sequence of events is as follows. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

I-140/I-485/EAD application
Receipt Date on I-140/I-485 gets updated
Notification from Service center that they have received application
EAD gets approved
Finger printing notice
Finger printing is done
Biometrics process????
I-140 gets approved
LUD on I-485 gets updated
I-485 gets approved

Is the above process typical of a concurrent I-140/I-485 process?

What is an Advance Parole?. If I do have an H1 visa, and my wife has H4 approval notice, can we travel and re-enter US on our visa?. Why do we need AP?

What does biometrics mean?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I am sure FastTrack will reply to my questions atleast.

Sincerely,
WellWisher

concurrent I-140/I-485 Stages

Hi WellWisher007,
Thanks for showing confidence in me. I appreciated :)

As per the stages goes for I-140/I-485 concurrent process you are pretty must close. After finger print and biometric there is Name Check also . This is done by FBI and they send report to USCIS.

Biometrics process is the process where you have Finger print of all ten fingers + photograph. Now days they send Biometrics more then just finger prints.
An Advance Parole is used when u have AOS status. But if you and your wife are not planning to work on EAD and you have valid H1b and visa in passport then you can avoid applying for AP. But if you planning to work on EAD then you H1b or ur wife H4 status(who ever uses EAD) becomes invalid and then if you want to travel outside US and at the time of enter you need Advance Parole.

FastTrackGC

WellWisher007 said:
Dear all,

Greetings!!!

I have many questions with regards to I-140/I-485 process. I am new to this forum.

What are the different stages within the I-140/I-485 concurrent process? My understanding of a typical sequence of events is as follows. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

I-140/I-485/EAD application
Receipt Date on I-140/I-485 gets updated
Notification from Service center that they have received application
EAD gets approved
Finger printing notice
Finger printing is done
Biometrics process????
I-140 gets approved
LUD on I-485 gets updated
I-485 gets approved

Is the above process typical of a concurrent I-140/I-485 process?

What is an Advance Parole?. If I do have an H1 visa, and my wife has H4 approval notice, can we travel and re-enter US on our visa?. Why do we need AP?

What does biometrics mean?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I am sure FastTrack will reply to my questions atleast.

Sincerely,
WellWisher

GC_2002_2005 said:
[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2 from NSC (Nebraska)

Gurus, please comment on the following assumptions / hypothesis. Your comments will help those of us obtaining labor certifications and getting ready to file 140. Thanks in advance.

After labor certification, EB2 cases under Nebraska Service Center:

1. 140 --> Attorney Certified CP:
Best Case : 1 month for 140 and 2 months for AC CP, Total 3 months.
Average Case : 3 months for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, Total 6 months.
Worst Case : 1 year for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, 15 months.

Risks: Before filing of CP retrogression could occur. Visas could become unavaible.
Advantages: Faster GC. Delays are more deterministic. Even if retrogression occurs for EB 2, new approvals from Dallas BEC are from late 2002 or early 2003. Unlikely retrogression will go back untill then.

2. 140/485 Concurrent or 140/485 Separate:
Best Case : 6 months for GC
Average Case : 18 months for GC
Worst Case : 36 months for GC.

Risks: Could take 3 years
Advantages: If filed concurrent, could avoid the bad effects of retrogression. If NSC really iplements 180 day approval, it will be great. Looks like for new filings this seems to be a possibility.

What is the cost of filing just i-140 and 485.

NIW eb2

Hi, My lawyer filed NIW EB2 for physicians for me on sep 27th 2005 in Nebraska service center.140/485/EAD/AP.
Have not received anything from NSC.Meanwhile My perm got approved. Still waiting for the hard copy and planning to file LAbour I 140 once I get the hard copy.If my labour I 140 got approved, then Can i attch the 485 to labor I 140 instead of NIW I 140? Any experiences? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jay 2005

Hi All
Even I am sailing in the same boat.I have filed my I485,I140 together on 22nd June 2005 in Nebraska Service centre.I got my EAD on 19th Aug and fingerprinting and biometrics somewhere in August 3rd Week.
I wanted to know if retrogression is going to effect the processing time of I140.Is there anyone else who has filed their I485,I140 during the same time and heard from the INS?
I see that the I140 and !485 days are stagnant in the immigration.com website.
Any helpo would be greatly appreciated.

I-140 NO retrogression

All,
I-140 is not affected by retrogression. It's only I-485 get affect. So just wait for I-140 to get approved.

FaskTrackGC

Last edited by a moderator:
status

I paid I-140 fee as cashier check. My employer is not willing to give my case number. Is there a way to find out the case number in such case?

Finished Biometrics(FP+photo) 50 days back. LUD changes on 485(mine&spouse) on the next day of biometrics but there is no change in message.Will the message be updated after FP?

Thank You

My 140 has been approved in august, but the USCIS site doesnt seem to be updated yet, when i check the case status it still has not changed.
I got the approval notice copy from my Lawyer.
Has anyone else noticed the USCIS site being slow to be updated?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EB2 Substitue PD jan 2001
AP/EAD/140/485 ND 06 MAY 2005
EAD AD(1 M ) 10 JUN 2005
AP AD(1 M ) 14 JUN 2005
140 RFE (1 M) 14 JUN 2005
140 AD (3 M) 8 AUG 2005
485 coming soon..