For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May 2005

Hi mdh3000,

Did you receive any FP notice? does FP notice will go to lawyer too? or it just come to the applicant only?

Regs
GS2005

FastTrackGC,

Did you receive FP and Biometric notice? as you mentioned earlier, once your I140 is approved the case will be send it local centers for further processing?

Regs
GS2005

gcseeker2005 said:
Hi mdh3000,

Did you receive any FP notice? does FP notice will go to lawyer too? or it just come to the applicant only?

Regs
GS2005

Still no FP notice. I assumed that the FP notice only comes to the applicant, but reading other msgs on this site, it seems for some cases the lawyer got a notice too.

mdh3000

Finger Print Done

HI gcseeker2005,

I received the notice and i am done with finger print on June 24, 2005.
My lawyer and myself we both receive the notice copies.
But my online message is not changed it still the same.

Anybody else recently underdone the finger print process and see some LUD change.

Thanks,
FaskTrackGC

:) Hi FastTrackGC,

Did you receive the common notice for FP as well as Biometrics or you have received FP first and then you have received notice for Biometrics.

Regards
GS2005

FastTrackGC said:
HI gcseeker2005,

I received the notice and i am done with finger print on June 24, 2005.
My lawyer and myself we both receive the notice copies.
But my online message is not changed it still the same.

Anybody else recently underdone the finger print process and see some LUD change.
Lb (Sub) Apr 2002
I-140 / I 485 RD 04/12/2005
EAD / AP RD 04/12/2005
EAD AD 05/12/2005
AP AD 05/13/2005
I - 140 AD....05/17/2005
FP-Done 06/24/2005
Thanks,
FaskTrackGC

Last edited by a moderator:
update

Guys,

Looks like my attorney made a mistake on the application some where, USCIS has returned(I140/485/765/131) the application as incomplete and now he has corrected the mistake and sent it back to USCIS.
We actually filed it on 06/28/2005, do you guys now which date they consider as Receipt data?
Am hoping to travel to india as soon i get AP.

Thanks for your insights on this.

DBU

Add me In

desi_boy_usa said:
Hi edealfan,

Congratulations on your I140 approval. Hopefully you will soon be cleared all the way thru.

Good Luck.

Thanks
DBU

Filled on june 29th I-140/485/765

with substitute labor...

desi_boy_usa said:
Guys,

Looks like my attorney made a mistake on the application some where, USCIS has returned(I140/485/765/131) the application as incomplete and now he has corrected the mistake and sent it back to USCIS.
We actually filed it on 06/28/2005, do you guys now which date they consider as Receipt data?
DBU

I'm quite sure they will use the earlier date as your official receipt date.

I read an article on another website that stated "if you will be affected by the EB3 retrogression get your I-485 application in ASAP, even if it is not complete". It stated that you could send in the application, without some of the supporting information, and send the remainder in after the retrogression came into effect.

This would make me think you get the earlier date.

mdh3000

mdh3000,

Thank you so much for your reply. I think that applies to any RFE'S or any additions that can be submitted at later point(liKe medical reports). But mien is different case. They returned the whole package saying that something is not right(signature on piece of paper by attorney).

I think we will have to wait and see.

thanks
DBU

Hi desi_boy_usa:
How long did it take for your attorney to receive the returned package? My attorney mailed out my I-485 and other things almost 3 weeks ago and yesterday we found out the checks were not cleared yet. I wonder maybe something is wrong since my I-140 check was cashed only 5 days after we mailed out the applcation
Thanks and good luck to you!

Thanks desi_boy_usa!
My attorney just sent me the delivery confirmation notice through post office website. So I guess maybe it's still in the NSC's mail room... :(

how to get I140 receipt number?

I have filed my I485 by may 2005 first week and got my EAD/AP. I hope my employer applied for my I140 concurrently at the same time. But they did not give me any I140 receipt details for my tracking purpose. They say they haven't got it. Meanwhile, my lawer said there is an RFE on 140 and asked for my earlier w2s and all the pay stubs i got from my employer. My assumptions are if there is an RFE, they must have filed 140. And if they have filed it, they must have got the receipt by now. Right?
My other questions are
1. Will it possible to file 485 without filing 140?
2. If I140 has been filed at that time, will it really take this much time to get the I140 receipt? or am i being taken for a ride?

Your answers are appreciated.

Thanks
paapu

Hi Paapu,
Ans 1:- You cannot apply I 485 without applying for I 140 .
Ans2:- To get the receipt for I140 generally it take 2 weeks. In your case it seem that you employer or lawyer does not want to share information with you. But you can ask for the Receipt Number so that you can track your I 140 yourself. Basically I140 is the property of employer , but he can share the receipt number with you so that you can have all updates and not to worry call employer. Like you said you lawyer got RFE on I 140 and they are asking for you w2's .This clearly shows that they have the receipt number but do not want to tell you. Talk to them. But send all the details what they r asking for like w2's and pay stub. You should reply to ur RFE soon.

Best Of Luck for I 140 and I485
FaskTrackGC

paapu82 said:
I have filed my I485 by may 2005 first week and got my EAD/AP. I hope my employer applied for my I140 concurrently at the same time. But they did not give me any I140 receipt details for my tracking purpose. They say they haven't got it. Meanwhile, my lawer said there is an RFE on 140 and asked for my earlier w2s and all the pay stubs i got from my employer. My assumptions are if there is an RFE, they must have filed 140. And if they have filed it, they must have got the receipt by now. Right?
My other questions are
1. Will it possible to file 485 without filing 140?
2. If I140 has been filed at that time, will it really take this much time to get the I140 receipt? or am i being taken for a ride?

Your answers are appreciated.

Thanks
paapu

Thanks FaskTrackGC!! I have already given all the relevant documents the very next day. My attorney's assistant said, they are also waiting for my companies past financial record. My employer in turn says he is waiting on their finance consultant to get the details. But i feel my employer is taking me for a ride without disclosing the I140 details. I understand I140 is for the company. But, is there a way i can get the receipt number or soem information from USCIS regarding this?

Receipt Number

paapu82,

You can call USCIS at 1800-375-5283(Option 1-2-6-2-2-1) to get the receipt number in general(i think it includes I140) if it's more than 30 days since you had sent your application. You have to stand in line for 15 to 30 mnts to get connected to them otherwise they are very polite.If your attorney or employer is not giving the receipt number, this is only the way i know to get the receipt number.

Thanks
DBU

New to the thread

Hi everyone,

I came across this thread while I was frantically searching for actual I-140/I-485 processing time at the NSC. I was looking at the USCIS web site few weeks ago and I was wondering how it could be possible that the CSC is on April 2005 and the NSC is processing cases with RD of December 2003!! After reading your messages, I was relieved to know that the actual timing is different. Thank you for sharing your practical experiences on this thread.

I have few questions that I’d like to ask you. I am on H1-B visa and my employer has just started the labor certification process for me. Assuming that I’d get approved, (wish me luck on that :) ) how long would it take to get employment authorization after I-140/I-485 are filed? The reason I am asking you this is my husband is residing in our home country. He is on H-4 but, as you know, he can’t work here in U.S. He has a nice job back home and it would be difficult for him to live here without a job. He is traveling back and forth for the time being but we both want him to be here. Would he be able to work before the I-140/I-485 get approved (which seem to take 12-14 months from what you’ve posted on this thread)? The other question I have is would I be obligated to work for my employer until the approval of I-140/I-485? I know all of you are way past this level but your advice would help me a lot to plan our future.

Thank you and I appreciate your response to my questions.

Melkam

Melkam,

Welcome aboard. From what I have seen, assuming there are no RFE's, you will get an EAD approval within 30 to 45 days (upto a max of 2 months) after you send your EAD application. From that point onwards, your husband should be able to start working with no problems. However, since your labor process has just started, it could be months away before you get your 140/485 applications out the door. So, as a backup option, you should try to get your husband on an H-1B visa as well.

Good luck with your immigration process.

melkam said:
Hi everyone,

I came across this thread while I was frantically searching for actual I-140/I-485 processing time at the NSC. I was looking at the USCIS web site few weeks ago and I was wondering how it could be possible that the CSC is on April 2005 and the NSC is processing cases with RD of December 2003!! After reading your messages, I was relieved to know that the actual timing is different. Thank you for sharing your practical experiences on this thread.

I have few questions that I’d like to ask you. I am on H1-B visa and my employer has just started the labor certification process for me. Assuming that I’d get approved, (wish me luck on that :) ) how long would it take to get employment authorization after I-140/I-485 are filed? The reason I am asking you this is my husband is residing in our home country. He is on H-4 but, as you know, he can’t work here in U.S. He has a nice job back home and it would be difficult for him to live here without a job. He is traveling back and forth for the time being but we both want him to be here. Would he be able to work before the I-140/I-485 get approved (which seem to take 12-14 months from what you’ve posted on this thread)? The other question I have is would I be obligated to work for my employer until the approval of I-140/I-485? I know all of you are way past this level but your advice would help me a lot to plan our future.

Melkam

When can you work

Hi Malkam,
Welcome to the board. After you apply for I 485 along with it you can also aplly for your and you husband EAD. Once you get EAD (It takes 30 to 60 days) then you can get SSN for you husband and he can also work in US. If you are not from one of the retrograde country and depending on you labor category (EB1 or Eb2 or EB3) the process time of the I485 will depend.
No you are not obligated to work for my employer will you get your I485. But it is better to be with employer till you get yours I 140 and EAD approved + 6 month pending I 485 applications. Then you can use AC21 and join new employer and this will not hurt you GC processing.

Hope this helped you. Best of Luck for Labor Process.

FastTrackGC

melkam said:
Hi everyone,

Melkam