For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May 2005

I-140 Approved

My case is EB3, own labour. I-140 was filed in Feb'05 and got approval last week

However, i have to wait for uncertain time to file 485

Congrats for I 140

satyasaich said:
My case is EB3, own labour. I-140 was filed in Feb'05 and got approval last week

However, i have to wait for uncertain time to file 485

Hi Satya,
Congrats for I-140. Do not worry I wish your date to apply I485 come soon. BTW what is you priority date???

mdh3000 said:
I just found out what my RFE is for. The labor application requires someone with a "Chemistry BSc or equivalent" and "6 months experience".

I have a BSc in Pharmacology and a MSc in Chemistry from Canada. Apparently the USCIS doesn't think it meets the requirements. The lawyer thought it was pretty outrageous.

The lawyer is going to get another education evaluation and repond in the next few weeks.

Officer code: NSC/SPK WH193

I transferred a number of credits from one university to another, then completed my BSc. It appears that the USCIS thinks that I don't have a 4-year degree because of this. This is despite the fact that my transcripts list the courses I transferred as being required for the degree.

mdh

mdh,

Thanks for sharing your RFE details here. Once your lawyer puts together and sends a response for your RFE, your I-140 will be approved. I wonder why it took two weeks for your RFE to reach your lawyer after the online message changed. In any case, good luck with your RFE.

edealfan said:
mdh,
I wonder why it took two weeks for your RFE to reach your lawyer after the online message changed. In any case, good luck with your RFE.

I'm not sure why it took so long either. The email said the RFE letter was mailed the 14th of June and my lawyer said she received it the 29th of June.

I'm guessing the USCIS is at fault cause I've never heard of it taking 2 weeks for a letter to go from Nebraska to New York.

NN

Pl. carify

Hi,
Could u pl. clarify the following points:
1. Do you need to apply for FP separately?
2. LUD abbreviation stands for?
3. The applicant as well as attorney receives the I140 approval notice or just attorney receives?
4. To get FP notification, does I140 need to be approved?
Regards
Ram

FastTrackGC said:
I want to let this forum know that I got my I-140 approved today within 34 days………you can shot your questions if you have.
Plese post detail if you have applied concurrent in Feb , MAr, Apr ,May 2005..Let Track Them...........

Lb (Sub) Apr 2002
I-140 / I 485 RD 04/12/2005
EAD / AP RD 04/12/2005
EAD AD 05/12/2005
AP AD 05/13/2005
I - 140 AD....05/17/2005

gcseeker2005,

Here are the answers, guys pls correct if i am wrong.

1). You don't apply for FP separatly. I think you will instructed by USCIS in a letter.
2). LUD-Last Updated Date.
3). Just the attorney. But you can register with USCIS and you can enlist your case number in their site, so that you will be notified whenever there is an update on your case.
4).My best guess is I140 doesn't have to be approved before you get the FP notice.

Guys, am also new to I140 and 485, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
DBU

My Info

Hi Everyone,

I am very glad to join this thread, please find my details in the signature.
Is it possible to rename the thread to "For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May, June, July..... 2005 " so that people who filed in June, July and who will be filing in coming months wouldn't hesitate to join?

Thanks
DBU

Last edited by a moderator:
desi_boy_usa said:
Hi Everyone,

I am very glad to join this thread, please find my details in the signature.
Is it possible to rename the thread to "For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May, June, July..... 2005 " so that people who filed in June, July and who will be filing in coming months wouldn't hesitate to join?

Thanks
DBU

Hi desiboyusa & gcseeker2005,
DesiboyUsa welcome to the thread .
All the replies given to gcseeker2005 questions by DesiBoyUsa are 100 % correct.

DsiBoyUsa I appreciate you concern to add June, July 2005 people into this thread. But I am not sure how to change the name of the thread .If you know that please let me know so that I can do the required change or if you can do please do ahead and do that.

Hi Folks,

I have following genral questions, I appriciate your inputs:

1. What are the steps (such as FP, biometrics etc.) to clear I485 and get a green card in hand?

2. In general, Does latest EAD is valid for 1 year or more?

3. How long it will take to get the Finger Print notice after applying I485?

With Regards
Gcseeker2005

FastTrackGC,

I was thinking the originator can chnage the name,looks like that's not possible.
No big deal, take it easy.

Thanks
DBU

I want to add one more item to the question 1 in the list below:
Is Name check also one of the stages? Do they start it doing it right after applying for 485 or wait until priority date becomes current?
Thx
gcseeker2005 said:
Hi Folks,

I have following genral questions, I appriciate your inputs:

1. What are the steps (such as FP, biometrics etc.) to clear I485 and get a green card in hand?

2. In general, Does latest EAD is valid for 1 year or more?

3. How long it will take to get the Finger Print notice after applying I485?

With Regards
Gcseeker2005

:)

Hi Folks,

It seems some one had a creative idea to track 2004 filings, I feel it is better to reuse the attached xls file.

With rgs
GS2005

Grandhipal said:
I want to add one more item to the question 1 in the list below:
Is Name check also one of the stages? Do they start it doing it right after applying for 485 or wait until priority date becomes current?
Thx

Got an email that my I-140 is approved. See my signature below for details. Looks like NSC is changing gears and speeding things up. Hopefully, you all get your approvals very soon.

Hi edealfan,

Congratulations on your I140 approval. Hopefully you will soon be cleared all the way thru.

Good Luck.

Thanks
DBU

Hi everyone: should I be worried that we never received an original receipt for I-140 application?
See people with May filing date got approved. Very excited for them and hope I'll see mine soon..

EB2 – RIR
PD – 06/10/02; AD 03/23/05
I140:
RD: 05/16/05
ND: Never received original notice; Attorney called and “replacement notice” was dated 06/24/05
AD: ???

I485/765/131: mailed 07/08/05
RD:?????

Three weeks

Hi All,
It's been more than three weeks since my documents for concurent filing received by USCIS, but no receipt notice yet. Am wondering if it's common or i should call them and follow up. Looking at others signatures it did not take more than 2 weeks for any one to get the Receipt Notice.

Guys, any idea on what's going on?

Thanks
DBU

Hi,

If you have you have given your personal check, then you can get your receipt# from the back of the check. If your bank sends the enchashed checks to you then you can get the receipt#, otherwise you can call your bank to get the recipt #.

If your employer paied for your I140, then you have to wait till your lawyer receives the receipt from USCIS.

Regards
GS2005
sea98121 said:
Hi everyone: should I be worried that we never received an original receipt for I-140 application?
See people with May filing date got approved. Very excited for them and hope I'll see mine soon..

EB2 – RIR
PD – 06/10/02; AD 03/23/05
I140:
RD: 05/16/05
ND: Never received original notice; Attorney called and “replacement notice” was dated 06/24/05
AD: ???

I485/765/131: mailed 07/08/05
RD:?????

Hi desi_boy_usa:
My attorney finally called USCIS after 4 weeks of waiting for receipt. But not until we got the case number stamped on the back of check from bank. USCIS told us there was no record that a receipt was sent so they'll send a replacement. We got that one 2 weeks later.
Check if the the payment check was cleared first.
Good luck!

desi_boy_usa said:
Hi All,
It's been more than three weeks since my documents for concurent filing received by USCIS, but no receipt notice yet. Am wondering if it's common or i should call them and follow up. Looking at others signatures it did not take more than 2 weeks for any one to get the Receipt Notice.

Guys, any idea on what's going on?

Thanks
DBU

sea98121,

Thanks for your input, will check the same with my attorney. We propably follow up USCIS next week if we still not get the receipt notice.

Thanks
DBU

Hi mncbabu,

R there any updates on your receipt dates, EAD approval, FP notice etc. I hope by this time you might have some updates.

Regs
GS2005

mncbabu said:
New to this thread

My Details:

PD: May 2004
LC approved: May 2005
EB2-I140/485/EAD filed on 06/02/2005