Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I-824

Different embassies work differently. If you havent got Packet 3.5 means that your PD is not current. Contact them when it gets current so that they can send you packet 3.5 and when they receive it they will assign you the case number along with packet 4.
Documentarily qualified for FTJ means that they got your I-824 approval cable from USCIS and they told you the current status. So you got to wait.
Yes this is the right procedure. Its hard to wait but there is no other option.

Good Luck.

My wife did not file I-824 for us. E-mails from the Immigrany Visa Unit regarding our case always mentions that we will be immediately notified on our embassy interview (Packet 4?) as soon as our PD is current but there is no mention of any packet 3.5. Is it possible to skip Packet 3.5 and just be sent Packet 4 as the immigrant Visa Unit is telling me?

Yes there is no other way but to wait and I have accepted this fact.The waiting gives us time to make sure we went thru the right procedures and have the right documents for our visa application.

I am a little disappointed with myself that it was only 2 days ago that I stumbled on this thread. My situation would have been very different if I did 2 years before.Well, thats life. Anyway thank you again and God bless.

Bolog

Question on marriage for an GC holder

Hi,

I don't know whether this is the correct thread to ask this but I really don't have any idea about this.

If one has a Green Card already and he wants to marry a girl out of the US. How should he do that? Does he have to Marry her out of the US and then get her into the US and then apply for Green Card, or should he have her enter the US on B2 and get Married and then ... you get the idea. What are the options available? How should he do it?

Thanks!

This is not possible to get packet 4 without fulfilling the requirements in packet 3.5. Dont worry. Sooner or later you will get it.

Good Luck.

My wife did not file I-824 for us. E-mails from the Immigrany Visa Unit regarding our case always mentions that we will be immediately notified on our embassy interview (Packet 4?) as soon as our PD is current but there is no mention of any packet 3.5. Is it possible to skip Packet 3.5 and just be sent Packet 4 as the immigrant Visa Unit is telling me?

Yes there is no other way but to wait and I have accepted this fact.The waiting gives us time to make sure we went thru the right procedures and have the right documents for our visa application.

I am a little disappointed with myself that it was only 2 days ago that I stumbled on this thread. My situation would have been very different if I did 2 years before.Well, thats life. Anyway thank you again and God bless.

Bolog

Best way would be to bring her here in USA and then marry and register the marriage. Apply for 485 then she can stay here. Ask any good attoroney first before taking any decision.

Good Luck.

Hi,

I don't know whether this is the correct thread to ask this but I really don't have any idea about this.

If one has a Green Card already and he wants to marry a girl out of the US. How should he do that? Does he have to Marry her out of the US and then get her into the US and then apply for Green Card, or should he have her enter the US on B2 and get Married and then ... you get the idea. What are the options available? How should he do it?

Thanks!

thanks

This is not possible to get packet 4 without fulfilling the requirements in packet 3.5. Dont worry. Sooner or later you will get it.

Good Luck.

Thank you kamrans.

Simala2006,

Any updata on your family's FTJ visas?

God bles to all.

Bolog

Does anyone know if Islamabad Embassy Accepts FTJ W/O I-824 approval?

Do you have experience with Islamabad Embassy accepting FTJ applications without I-824 Approval notice or without Original I-140 Approval notice?

I changed my employer before getting the GC and there is no way I can get my I-140 approval notice (original).

Further, USCIS website shows Feb, 2007 as the current processing date for I-824.

Does it mean I have to wait for another year to year and a half to get the visa done for my wife?

What is the workaround of providing original I-140, which I can not.

Hi brother Bolog and co-threaders,

Godbless us all! The May Visa Bulletin is out already, EB3 advanced to March 2006, thanks be to GOD!

As for my dependents' ftj case, we are still waiting for the consulate to send my family the much needed good news for the available of visas for them. We cannot do anything about this brother Bolog, all we can do is to pray and to patiently and joyfully wait, afterall, there will always be that rainbow after the rain....

Have your wife applied for 1-824 for you and kids? Hope she did.. You have to send a letter to embassy about this, ask for this packet 3 with your documents that kamrans and judex had posted,, then let also your wife send a letter to Phil embassy about this also, a request for the case number to be established!

You are much ahead of us, do something brother, time is precious, I know you will make it... Let us continue to pray...

Godbless us all!
Simala2006

Thank you kamrans.

Simala2006,

Any updata on your family's FTJ visas?

God bles to all.

Bolog

Hi Simala2006

Godbless us all! The May Visa Bulletin is out already, EB3 advanced to March 2006, thanks be to GOD!

As for my dependents' ftj case, we are still waiting for the consulate to send my family the much needed good news for the available of visas for them. We cannot do anything about this brother Bolog, all we can do is to pray and to patiently and joyfully wait, afterall, there will always be that rainbow after the rain....

Have your wife applied for 1-824 for you and kids? Hope she did.. You have to send a letter to embassy about this, ask for this packet 3 with your documents that kamrans and judex had posted,, then let also your wife send a letter to Phil embassy about this also, a request for the case number to be established!

You are much ahead of us, do something brother, time is precious, I know you will make it... Let us continue to pray...

Godbless us all!
Simala2006

My wife listed us in her DS230 when she accomplished it during her embassy interview. We were supposed to accompany her but we decided that me and our kids stay for a little while so our kids can finish the school year and just ask the Embassy to schedule us after a couple of months after my wife's interview. It was a very BAD decision and retrogression caught us. We should have went with my wife on her interview and got our visas then follow her to the States before the visa's expiration. I am still kicking myself for that decision.

I have been communicating with the Immigrant Visa unit of the Embassy and they have already told me and my wife about our case number which is the same as my wife's and that me and our 3 kids are already registered derivatives of her employment petition and also Documentarily Qualified since Oct 2006. The last e-mail they sent me and my wife is that we are just waiting for visa availability and they will contact us immediately for our Embassy interview if our PDs becomes current.

This is why I am confused. My wife did not file I-824 and we have not submitted any documents yet we are already registered and documentarily qualified. When I called the Immigrant Visa unit about this, they answered that the documents will just be submitted during our interview. I feel like i am running in circles.

When is your PD by the way?Are you not current as per May vb?

Bolog

Hi brother Bolog,,,

I believe Judex can help you with your case, the 1-824 is only good for the follow to join case from the adjustment of status filed from here, I petitioned by a hospital while in USA and my dependents are still there in our country.. they are included in the 1-140 Petition Papers, so they are follow to join dependents... meaning when I got approved for greencard last 2006, my dependents are already approved but they are still in the Phils so they have to wait for the availability of visas now. Our pd is Sept 2006 yet.

You are current as of this time. What are the consuls waiting for? Did they include you with another visa type? I mean, eb3 is our category, are you in the same category as ours? Best thing is to constantly email Manila US consulate, send letters, send fax, whatever to let them know you are waiting for your visa and ask why it is not given when in fact your PD is current already...

Ask Judex about this, our brother is very helpful and very informative also... I know Judex will help you...

As for your decision of not joining your wife to that interview, you cannot do anything to turn back the time... Continue to pray brother and put your trust in the LORD! He never fails us!

Simala2006

Thank you

I believe Judex can help you with your case, the 1-824 is only good for the follow to join case from the adjustment of status filed from here, I petitioned by a hospital while in USA and my dependents are still there in our country.. they are included in the 1-140 Petition Papers, so they are follow to join dependents... meaning when I got approved for greencard last 2006, my dependents are already approved but they are still in the Phils so they have to wait for the availability of visas now. Our pd is Sept 2006 yet.

You are current as of this time. What are the consuls waiting for? Did they include you with another visa type? I mean, eb3 is our category, are you in the same category as ours? Best thing is to constantly email Manila US consulate, send letters, send fax, whatever to let them know you are waiting for your visa and ask why it is not given when in fact your PD is current already...

Ask Judex about this, our brother is very helpful and very informative also... I know Judex will help you...

As for your decision of not joining your wife to that interview, you cannot do anything to turn back the time... Continue to pray brother and put your trust in the LORD! He never fails us!

Simala2006

Simala2006,
Thats what my wife and me plan to do this coming weeks.Kulitin ang US Embassy for our interview. I already sent them an e-mail and called them before the May VB came out. I will also mail and fax them my request for a consular interview.

We were under Sched A but now on E3 since there is no more Sched A. Same as your visa category.

Is Judex still logging in here and checking the thread? I know I can really get lots of help from him. Bilib ako sa enthusiasm niya and his efforts that really paid off.

God bless Simala.

Bolog

Please chime in if you have experience with Islamabad Embassy

Do you have experience with Islamabad Embassy accepting FTJ applications without I-824 Approval notice or without Original I-140 Approval notice?

I changed my employer before getting the GC and there is no way I can get my I-140 approval notice (original).

Further, USCIS website shows Feb, 2007 as the current processing date for I-824.

Does it mean I have to wait for another year to year and a half to get the visa done for my wife?

See the answers below.

I think they dont open up the case without I-824 approval. I-140 is the property of the employer. You can give them attested copy of I-140 but they shouldn't demand that. Tell them that your employer got it.

Just give them the copy of I-140 and they will be fine.

Nop. This means that they are currently processing the applications received on or before Feb 2007. It jumps and hopefully you will get there soon. The time is unpredictable.
You can get the duplicate of the original I-140 but I am sure the embassy people will be ok with the notorized copy.

Simala

Send Fax to the Embassy, if you want, request for the Visa, not another interview date, explain what happened. I believe a consul is reading those Faxes... The long wait will be over soon Debbie, God is Good....

Or, Always check the interview appointment in the embassy's website, It will save time...

Godbless us all!
Simala2006

Bolog

Very interesting case you have bolog, but don't worry, you will get your visa soon...

please clarify you PD, is it Nov 2005 or Sept 2006? If 2005, send fax/letter(do bellow). if not, wait for your pd to be current.

1st thing to do, send a fax to the embassy stating your case, include the email that the embassy sent you. 2nd, if your wife did not submit the birthcert, marriage cert etc..., mail it to them with the letter you faxed(see packet 3.5 requirements).. if yes, still, you need a copy :) Send fax every week until they respond, check my post, i think i have a format for the fax i've sent to the embassy.

if you have any questions, i'll be glad to help, kababayan... :)

Lesson to those who will Migrate to the US: 1st - always remember that your children can continue their education(transfer students) here in the US, its just a leg work for the parents. 2nd - need money to support the family here? a nurse/teacher can support a family of 3-5, the 1st 2-3 months is just the hard part, so bring pocket money to support those months. 3rd - read about the place, culture, etc... educate yourself.

i'm busy for the past few weeks coz of work, but i will still visit this thread...

My wife listed us in her DS230 when she accomplished it during her embassy interview. We were supposed to accompany her but we decided that me and our kids stay for a little while so our kids can finish the school year and just ask the Embassy to schedule us after a couple of months after my wife's interview. It was a very BAD decision and retrogression caught us. We should have went with my wife on her interview and got our visas then follow her to the States before the visa's expiration. I am still kicking myself for that decision.

I have been communicating with the Immigrant Visa unit of the Embassy and they have already told me and my wife about our case number which is the same as my wife's and that me and our 3 kids are already registered derivatives of her employment petition and also Documentarily Qualified since Oct 2006. The last e-mail they sent me and my wife is that we are just waiting for visa availability and they will contact us immediately for our Embassy interview if our PDs becomes current.

This is why I am confused. My wife did not file I-824 and we have not submitted any documents yet we are already registered and documentarily qualified. When I called the Immigrant Visa unit about this, they answered that the documents will just be submitted during our interview. I feel like i am running in circles.

When is your PD by the way?Are you not current as per May vb?

Bolog

Thanks kabayan

Very interesting case you have bolog, but don't worry, you will get your visa soon...

please clarify you PD, is it Nov 2005 or Sept 2006? If 2005, send fax/letter(do bellow). if not, wait for your pd to be current.

1st thing to do, send a fax to the embassy stating your case, include the email that the embassy sent you. 2nd, if your wife did not submit the birthcert, marriage cert etc..., mail it to them with the letter you faxed(see packet 3.5 requirements).. if yes, still, you need a copy :) Send fax every week until they respond, check my post, i think i have a format for the fax i've sent to the embassy.

if you have any questions, i'll be glad to help, kababayan... :)

Lesson to those who will Migrate to the US: 1st - always remember that your children can continue their education(transfer students) here in the US, its just a leg work for the parents. 2nd - need money to support the family here? a nurse/teacher can support a family of 3-5, the 1st 2-3 months is just the hard part, so bring pocket money to support those months. 3rd - read about the place, culture, etc... educate yourself.

i'm busy for the past few weeks coz of work, but i will still visit this thread...

Thank you for the help kabayan.Will do what you instructed.BTW, my PD is Nov 2005 and its current thats why I am kinda on the edge. Baka umatras na naman. Will post any developments of my case and also when there is a need to clarify or help from you.

Thank you once again and Godbless.

Bolog

Guys if you can through some light

My mother is planning to bring her spouse / my father to US using 824 follow to join, she filed 824 in Jan, do you know if she can intiate any futher processing like send packet 3 to embassy or we cant do anything until 824 is approved.

does someone know the process from here on..

At last!!! Scheduled for Embassy Interview!!!

Simala2006, Kamrans and Judex,

I have an interview date!!!Its on June 4. Do i still have to expect Pak 3 or will it be pak 4 that the Embassy will be sending us? Thank you and God bless.

Praise be Jesus. He is really the Almighty!!!

Bolog

Good Luck. I am waiting for the good news.

Simala2006, Kamrans and Judex,

I have an interview date!!!Its on June 4. Do i still have to expect Pak 3 or will it be pak 4 that the Embassy will be sending us? Thank you and God bless.

Praise be Jesus. He is really the Almighty!!!

Bolog

Guys,

I got approved and received the greencard on March 10, 2008 and applied for my spouse as follow-to-join. We got married in November 2007. For some reason, my green card shows "resident since" date as my "priority date" which was 2003. I am worried this can create problems with the embassy. If I apply for a replacement card it may take 6-12 months to get it replaced and I dont wanna wait that long for my spouse to come here. Any insight? please share. Thanks a lot for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.