Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No packet 4 until dates are current dont expect

Thank you so much for the information Kidd. You are the best. Even with out the current priority date will the embassy will send Packet 4?? Current processing date for EB-3(India) is 01Aug01. Mine is 03Aug03. Do you think Indian embassy will wait until I get the priority date to send the Packet 4 for my spouse even though I got GC? Or they will be sending Packet 4 after sometime my spouse received the Packet 3? Eagerly waiting for the response. This implies many things in my life. Family doesn't know about this?? I am so worried....

Friend,

Dont worry and be confident.We went thru this for 2 years and we can really feel the pain of it.

Consulate will not send the packet 4 untill the interview date has been sceduled.When your date become current they automatically mail u the packet 4 to the address on file in india.So dont expect the packet 4 untill ur PD is current .I am from chennai and we went thru this few months back.

Mean while make sure u have all the docs ready which u checked as part of interview ready ness form.

If u havent mailed the packet 3 and interview ready ness form mail it as soon as can.

Good Luck
RM

Last edited by a moderator:
Case: FTJ wife and 4 children (Petitioned under EB3 by RN husband in NY)

I know there are a lot of Filipinos reading this thread. This should serve as a guide especially to those with FTJ children below 15 years old and undergoing medical exam particularly in SLEC (US Embassy MNL).

Normally, we receive Packet 4 which contains Medical Exam date in St Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) and Appointment Date for Embassy Interview. Please note at this point that an applicant should complete the Medical Exam before he can be interviewed. If the medical exam requirements are completed and normally it takes 2 days, then the Interview Date as stated in Packet 4 pushes through. However, if more time is needed to complete the medical exam required by the embassy, your interview date is subject to change; in which case, the change in interview appointment date will be initiated by SLEC representative/doctor. Normally, it will be re-scheduled 2 working days after the completion of the medical exam requirement. As previously advised, it is good to have your Medical Exam a week or 2 weeks prior to the medical exam date given in packet 4.

Here is a complete account of our medical exam in SLEC ---

I together with 4 children went to SLEC on 12Mar08. Arrived there at 530am. (We woke up at 4AM.) The reception area was already open. The letter said it is good to arrive between 6AM-8AM but we arrived at 530am (great sacrifice for the kids aged 11, 10, 8 and 5) and we were given 5 consecutive numbers by the guard (21-25 because we were a family of 5 FTJs). At the guard, we were stamped signifying that we were applicants and he asked for our passports (5) and 5 photocopies of the Appointment Letter in Packet 4. Yes, you have to photocopy the Appointment Letter for each applicant and also show the Original. I only brought the Original and one photocopy so I had to cross the street (good thing they do have a photocopier at Php2 per page) and have it xeroxed 4 copies more. I thought that was just a little trouble and it was ok. But not till the guard handed me 5 sets of documents to fill up which is called the SLEC PATIENT'S RECORD; it had 7 pages per set which I had to fill up for myself and my 5 children. I was shocked. Deep inside, it meant that I should fill them up as fast as I can otherwise we wouldnt be able to start on the medical exam process. The guard told me I should have brought along a significant member of the family with me to help me..... he noticed I only brought a yaya who of course couldnt do much but watch the kids. Anyway, to share some details needed in filling up the forms/Patient's Record, I remember these much and it was a good thing I memorised everything (esp the US addresses) except for the passport nos.~~~

Name of Applicant/Address/Birthdate/Place of Birth/Case No.
Passport details such as Passport No./Date of Issuance/Expiration Date/Country Issued
Name of Petitioner/Address in USA including Zipcode/Contact No./How you are related
Name of Nearest Relative in USA/Address/Contact No/How you are related
Month/Year of desired travel to the US/State of Point of Entry
Plus applicant's signature on most of the pages ~ since they are minors and I was signing for them, you should indicate :

For (Name of Child)
By (My Name) - Mother (indicate relationship)
Signature and Date

Estimated burden on me for 5 of us was 45 minutes. I heard the Reception called out our numbers, I was still writing for the last kid. They waited for me.

Then we entered a room, gave our numbers and had each applicant's photo taken. This is different from the required 2 photgraphs they asked us to bring.

Then, we headed for the Assessment Counter. Here, the lady in pink at the counter examined the forms I filled up. She corrected my point of entry. I indicated JFK, it should be NY. Initially, she asked for 1 2x2 picture only. As she examined the passports and noticed that the picture in the passport is too young,, she would ask for another 2x2 picture. So guys, you should bring 2 copies of 2x2 pics to be sure. In this counter, the Medical Exam fees were posted as follows:

As of 01Mar08:
Adult = Php7,488.65
Child = Php6,340.65
Exchange rate used is Php41.00 which is reasonable. Prevailing rate fluctuates from Php40.30 to Php40.60. PLS NOTE THAT ONLY PESO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED.

After the Assessment counter, we were advised to go to the Cashier (5th flr) to pay. They issued and attached the receipt per applicant.

Then we began the medical process at the 5th floor.
Vital signs counter : height, weight, eye examination (for kids and adult)
Blood pressure (for adults) - I was surprised the nurse kept on getting my BP over and over. He said my BP is too high he doesnt want to record it yet. He told me to relax. Uh-oh. He was getting 150/110. Told him I got stressed out filling up the forms. He told me to relax he'll take it again after 10 minutes.... and another 10 minutes.... and another 10 minutes. The lowest he got was 140/100. I couldnt do anything. It wont go down despite the pineapple juice I drank across the street. I just told the nurse my normal BP is 100/80. It never got this high before. Though it's not what it is, still he recorded 140/100 because we were already spending so much time in my BP. So lesson learned for adults --- have enough sleep prior to the medical exam and bring a companion who could help you fill up the forms if you have so many kids. :) Na-stress ang beauty ko!!!

Then we were led to the Immunization Interview Section @ the 2nd floor. Got 5 numbers. We were on queue. It took time before our turn. Then the interview. Me first then the kids, one by one.

Guys, hear this and learn from my experience. I made a slight mistake which you should not copy. I overdid the preparation of my kids which caused me to double spend.

Here's what I did~ Prior to 12Mar08, I updated the vaccinations of my children as per embassy requirement contained in Packet 4. I brought my children to their Pediatrician who initially issued their shots since they were babies. For the past vaccinations already given based on each baby book (yes, you should keep them), I asked the Pedia to issue a certification for each kid. This part was alright, actually perfect. It was type-written showing the type of vaccine and date it was given and certified. This was actually enough, as is.

However, like I said, I showed the Pedia the letter from the embassy containing the required vaccinations and I allowed the pedia to update the vaccinations. It was very costly. I had them shot Pneumococcal vaccine, Hepa B boosters, MMR boosters, one kid, Varicella (known as Chicken Pox). The Pedia issued a separate certification for these additionals. The last vaccine given to them was MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) booster last 10Mar.

Guys, at the SLEC Immunization Interview, the doctor will ask for the baby book or better yet the vaccination record of all vaccines given the kid (certified by your pedia). The doctor will physically look at the scar caused by the BCG vaccine and chicken pox if the child already had it and indicate the location of the scar in the Patient's record. Depending on the age of the child, there are required vaccinations which should be given. Not all the vaccinations in the list in Packet 4 are required in all children. Again, it depends on their age. And in the event a certain vaccine is required of a child and he doesnt have it, they will give the vaccination for FREE in SLEC. Well, actually, not really free because it is part of the Medical Exam fees that we paid. So now, I am saying, I double spent.

Now, here's another cause and effect. Since the kids had their MMR booster last 10Mar08 only, a required test which is called Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) cannot be administered on them because of the live vaccine recently injected. There has to be a gap of 28 days after the MMR booster has been given before the kids can undergo Tuberculin Skin Test. So the kids will have to go back on April 8 for TST, then 2 days after for the release of the result then another 2 working days for the RE-SCHEDULED EMBASSY INTERVIEW (originally, our interview is on 26MAR). This means, our interview has been re-scheduled due to incomplete medical exam. This is just fine though according to the doctor. But still I double-spent and caused a slight delay.

Afterwards, kids and I continued with the rest of the exams..... Physical exam for the kids and me @ the 5th floor. Then we ate lunch in a nearby restaurant. Went back again for my Chest Xray and Laboratory (Blood test for HIV). Then I was advised to get the results tomorrow at the releasing counter at 9am. But of course, I may have completed my exam but still I have to wait for my kids' completed medical exam by next month so we can go ahead with the interview.

Hope you get the feel of the exam. Had I known the do's and dont's regarding the vaccinations, I could have saved more energy, time, and money. I'm sharing this so that the others may know and learn from my experience.

The people in this thread are very good people, one could only help another. Though some of the guys here are already done with their FTJ journey, it's very touching how willingly they still want to help. Keep this thread going.... it is very noble! No one and nothing can match the support this group has with one another.

<Judex, my friend..... i think this is somehow an answered prayer to me. I'm buying more time regarding my case requirements. >

congrats kidd...

no prob kidd... enjoy your stay in pinas... mabuhay! god bless us all... next in line is Redleaf...

i can't imagine how happy you are... :)

My fellow co-threaders,

I first posted in this thread around July 2007, clueless about the whole FTJ process. With your help, I learned a lot of things that saved me a lot of wait and suffering. And now, I can't believe that I'm finally here doing this post... telling you guys that my FTJ journey is finally over! :D

I just got a call from my wife, she just got approved!!! This is indeed one of the happiest days of my life! :D:D:D

I'll post the details soon as well as my timelines for everbody's benefit and reference.

Judex, Simala, Bisdakdreamer, Kamrans and to all those who have helped me, in one way or another, THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! My FTJ journey would have been much much more difficult if not for you guys! You guys are the best! :)

God is so good! My wife is on her way to "Baclaran" now to offer her "Thank You" prayers. I will be going home for a vacation by the end of March and will return after a few weeks... this time with my wife :)

I will still continue to drop by this thread from time to time just to see if I could be of help to anybody... just returning the favor :)

redleaf

that was long, but informative :) god will find ways, you will be blessed my friend, god is with us...

god bless...

I know there are a lot of Filipinos reading this thread. This should serve as a guide especially to those with FTJ children below 15 years old and undergoing medical exam particularly in SLEC (US Embassy MNL).

Normally, we receive Packet 4 which contains Medical Exam date in St Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) and Appointment Date for Embassy Interview. Please note at this point that an applicant should complete the Medical Exam before he can be interviewed. If the medical exam requirements are completed and normally it takes 2 days, then the Interview Date as stated in Packet 4 pushes through. However, if more time is needed to complete the medical exam required by the embassy, your interview date is subject to change; in which case, the change in interview appointment date will be initiated by SLEC representative/doctor. Normally, it will be re-scheduled 2 working days after the completion of the medical exam requirement. As previously advised, it is good to have your Medical Exam a week or 2 weeks prior to the medical exam date given in packet 4.

I together with 4 children went to SLEC on 12Mar08. Arrived there at 530am. (We woke up at 4AM.) The reception area was already open. The letter said it is good to arrive between 6AM-8AM but we arrived at 530am (great sacrifice for the kids aged 11, 10, 8 and 5) and we were given 5 consecutive numbers by the guard (21-25 because we were a family of 5 FTJs). At the guard, we were stamped signifying that we were applicants and he asked for our passports (5) and 5 photocopies of the Appointment Letter in Packet 4. Yes, you have to photocopy the Appointment Letter for each applicant and also show the Original. I only brought the Original and one photocopy so I had to cross the street (good thing they do have a photocopier at Php2 per page) and have it xeroxed 4 copies more. I thought that was just a little trouble and it was ok. But not till the guard handed me 5 sets of documents to fill up which is called the SLEC PATIENT'S RECORD; it had 7 pages per set which I had to fill up for myself and my 5 children. I was shocked. Deep inside, it meant that I should fill them up as fast as I can otherwise we wouldnt be able to start on the medical exam process. The guard told me I should have brought along a significant member of the family with me to help me..... he noticed I only brought a yaya who of course couldnt do much but watch the kids. Anyway, to share some details needed in filling up the forms/Patient's Record, I remember these much and it was a good thing I memorised everything (esp the US addresses) except for the passport nos.~~~

Passport details such as Passport No./Date of Issuance/Expiration Date/Country Issued
Name of Petitioner/Address in USA including Zipcode/Contact No./How you are related
Plus applicant's signature on most of the pages ~ since they are minors and I was signing for them, you should indicate :

For (Name of Child)
Signature and Date

Estimated burden on me for 5 of us was 45 minutes. I heard the Reception called out our numbers, I was still writing for the last kid. They waited for me.

Then we entered a room, gave our numbers and had each applicant's photo taken. This is different from the required 2 photgraphs they asked us to bring.

Then, we headed for the Assessment Counter. Here, the lady in pink at the counter examined the forms I filled up. She corrected my point of entry. I indicated JFK, it should be NY. Initially, she asked for 1 2x2 picture only. As she examined the passports and noticed that the picture in the passport is too young,, she would ask for another 2x2 picture. So guys, you should bring 2 copies of 2x2 pics to be sure. In this counter, the Medical Exam fees were posted as follows:

As of 01Mar08:
Adult = Php7,488.65
Child = Php6,340.65
Exchange rate used is Php41.00 which is reasonable. Prevailing rate fluctuates from Php40.30 to Php40.60. PLS NOTE THAT ONLY PESO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED.

After the Assessment counter, we were advised to go to the Cashier (5th flr) to pay. They issued and attached the receipt per applicant.

Blood pressure (for adults) - I was surprised the nurse kept on getting my BP over and over. He said my BP is too high he doesnt want to record it yet. He told me to relax. Uh-oh. He was getting 150/110. Told him I got stressed out filling up the forms. He told me to relax he'll take it again after 10 minutes.... and another 10 minutes.... and another 10 minutes. The lowest he got was 140/100. I couldnt do anything. It wont go down despite the pineapple juice I drank across the street. I just told the nurse my normal BP is 100/80. It never got this high before. Though it's not what it is, still he recorded 140/100 because we were already spending so much time in my BP. So lesson learned for adults --- have enough sleep prior to the medical exam and bring a companion who could help you fill up the forms if you have so many kids. :) Na-stress ang beauty ko!!!

Then we were led to the Immunization Interview Section @ the 2nd floor. Got 5 numbers. We were on queue. It took time before our turn. Then the interview. Me first then the kids, one by one.

Guys, hear this and learn from my experience. I made a slight mistake which you should not copy. I overdid the preparation of my kids which caused me to double spend.

Here's what I did~ Prior to 12Mar08, I updated the vaccinations of my children as per embassy requirement contained in Packet 4. I brought my children to their Pediatrician who initially issued their shots since they were babies. For the past vaccinations already given based on each baby book (yes, you should keep them), I asked the Pedia to issue a certification for each kid. This part was alright, actually perfect. It was type-written showing the type of vaccine and date it was given and certified. This was actually enough, as is.

However, like I said, I showed the Pedia the letter from the embassy containing the required vaccinations and I allowed the pedia to update the vaccinations. It was very costly. I had them shot Pneumococcal vaccine, Hepa B boosters, MMR boosters, one kid, Varicella (known as Chicken Pox). The Pedia issued a separate certification for these additionals. The last vaccine given to them was MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) booster last 10Mar.

Guys, at the SLEC Immunization Interview, the doctor will ask for the baby book or better yet the vaccination record of all vaccines given the kid (certified by your pedia). The doctor will physically look at the scar caused by the BCG vaccine and chicken pox if the child already had it and indicate the location of the scar in the Patient's record. Depending on the age of the child, there are required vaccinations which should be given. Not all the vaccinations in the list in Packet 4 are required in all children. Again, it depends on their age. And in the event a certain vaccine is required of a child and he doesnt have it, they will give the vaccination for FREE in SLEC. Well, actually, not really free because it is part of the Medical Exam fees that we paid. So now, I am saying, I double spent.

Now, here's another cause and effect. Since the kids had their MMR booster last 10Mar08 only, a required test which is called Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) cannot be administered on them because of the live vaccine recently injected. There has to be a gap of 28 days after the MMR booster has been given before the kids can undergo Tuberculin Skin Test. So the kids will have to go back on April 8 for TST, then 2 days after for the release of the result then another 2 working days for the RE-SCHEDULED EMBASSY INTERVIEW (originally, our interview is on 26MAR). This means, our interview has been re-scheduled due to incomplete medical exam. This is just fine though according to the doctor. But still I double-spent and caused a slight delay.

Afterwards, kids and I continued with the rest of the exams..... Physical exam for the kids and me @ the 5th floor. Then we ate lunch in a nearby restaurant. Went back again for my Chest Xray and Laboratory (Blood test for HIV). Then I was advised to get the results tomorrow at the releasing counter at 9am. But of course, I may have completed my exam but still I have to wait for my kids' completed medical exam by next month so we can go ahead with the interview.

Hope you get the feel of the exam. Had I known the do's and dont's regarding the vaccinations, I could have saved more energy, time, and money. I'm sharing this so that the others may know and learn from my experience.

The people in this thread are very good people, one could only help another. Though some of the guys here are already done with their FTJ journey, it's very touching how willingly they still want to help. Keep this thread going.... it is very noble! No one and nothing can match the support this group has with one another.

<Judex, my friend..... i think this is somehow an answered prayer to me. I'm buying more time regarding my case requirements. >

Judex: It was one of the happiest days of my life indeed! Up to know there are times that I still couldn't believe that we've made it! I was jumping like crazyin my room after I received the news :D Hopefully someday together with our families, you, Simala, Bisdak and our co-threaders could meet up together :) By the way, my wife just received her passport/visa from Delbros. :) Thanks again for all your help bro!

Crazygal: Re: Visa Specialist: The number to call is: (202) 663-1225 (option 1, then option 0). Get your case number ready when you call.

Redleaf: Thanks for the very detailed post, it covered every aspect of the Medical, very helpful to those who are just about to undergo the procedure. You're almost there! Before you know it, you're booking tickets :)
If you just prepare and double check everything before the interview, nothing could go wrong. It could be a coincidence, but we've noticed that the Manila Embassy seems to be more lenient now, even with tourist visas. I have several relatives who just got approved. I hope it's a good sign. Goodluck!

As promised, here are my wife's FTJ timelines for everybody's reference:

Petitioner GC Approved: Oct 11, 2007
Sent FTJ Requirements to Embassy via Email: Nov 2, 2007
Sent FTJ Requirements to Embassy via Fax: Nov 5, 2007
Embassy sent out packet 3: Nov 6, 2007
Packet 3 Received: Nov 21, 2007 in PH, Dec 10, 2007 in US
Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy: Dec 3, 2007
Packet 3 Received by Embassy: Dec 5, 2007
Medical and Interview schedule posted online: Jan 16, 2008
Embassy approved Packet 4 release: Jan 17, 2008
Embassy sent out Packet 4: Jan 31, 2008
Packet 4 Received: Feb 1, 2008
Medical Exam Date: March 3, 2008 (but my wife decided to take it earlier at Feb 11, 2008)
Interview Date: March 10, 2008
IV/Passport Received: March 13, 2008

So all in all the my wife's FTJ process just took a little over 4 months, from the time we initiated the case to the day the IV was delivered :) Of course, this would not have been possible if not for this very informative thread. More power! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I have a question regarding i824 and would be very thankful if you can help.

My GC got approved in Sep. 07 and since I married last year in June, I submitted an I-824 for her immediately. Now I have been waiting eversince without any update from the uscis.

Can you please let me know any information that you might have on how long it takes and what steps can I take to make this process quicker to bring my wife here?

Thank you!

Jack

it should not take long, 2-4 months is the time line for that... did you received the receipt? if not call uscis...

Hello,

My GC got approved in Sep. 07 and since I married last year in June, I submitted an I-824 for her immediately. Now I have been waiting eversince without any update from the uscis.

Can you please let me know any information that you might have on how long it takes and what steps can I take to make this process quicker to bring my wife here?

Thank you!

kidd

you've seen the light after a long wait kidd, enjoy every minute of it... god bless...

Judex: It was one of the happiest days of my life indeed! Up to know there are times that I still couldn't believe that we've made it! I was jumping like crazyin my room after I received the news :D Hopefully someday together with our families, you, Simala, Bisdak and our co-threaders could meet up together :) By the way, my wife just received her passport/visa from Delbros. :) Thanks again for all your help bro!

Crazygal: Re: Visa Specialist: The number to call is: (202) 663-1225 (option 1, then option 0). Get your case number ready when you call.

Redleaf: Thanks for the very detailed post, it covered every aspect of the Medical, very helpful to those who are just about to undergo the procedure. You're almost there! Before you know it, you're booking tickets :)
If you just prepare and double check everything before the interview, nothing could go wrong. It could be a coincidence, but we've noticed that the Manila Embassy seems to be more lenient now, even with tourist visas. I have several relatives who just got approved. I hope it's a good sign. Goodluck!

As promised, here are my wife's FTJ timelines for everybody's reference:

Petitioner GC Approved: Oct 11, 2007
Sent FTJ Requirements to Embassy via Email: Nov 2, 2007
Sent FTJ Requirements to Embassy via Fax: Nov 5, 2007
Embassy sent out packet 3: Nov 6, 2007
Packet 3 Received: Nov 21, 2007 in PH, Dec 10, 2007 in US
Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy: Dec 3, 2007
Packet 3 Received by Embassy: Dec 5, 2007
Medical and Interview schedule posted online: Jan 16, 2008
Embassy approved Packet 4 release: Jan 17, 2008
Embassy sent out Packet 4: Jan 31, 2008
Packet 4 Received: Feb 1, 2008
Medical Exam Date: March 3, 2008 (but my wife decided to take it earlier at Feb 11, 2008)
Interview Date: March 10, 2008
IV/Passport Received: March 13, 2008

So all in all the my wife's FTJ process just took a little over 4 months, from the time we initiated the case to the day the IV was delivered :) Of course, this would not have been possible if not for this very informative thread. More power! :)

Get advise from a good lawyer. In my opinion you both can file together if u get married to her. Since this is consulate processing you may need to file I-824. I am not sure about it. Please check it with a good lawyer.

Hello FTJ gurus, please help me out with my case PLEASEEEEE!!!!. A few days ago, my fianceé received her Packet 4 based on a F1 visa application (Applicant is unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen). Is there any chance for me to be elegible for Follow-to-join benefits if I get married to her in the time between today an before she gets her GC? Should we remain unmarried until she is a permanent resident? I would like to know what is your advice about the best way to proceed. Thanks in advance!!!

See you finally got it. Its just patience that we need. Good Luck and enjoy your freedom now. Dont forget to help others too who need it badly.

My fellow co-threaders,

I first posted in this thread around July 2007, clueless about the whole FTJ process. With your help, I learned a lot of things that saved me a lot of wait and suffering. And now, I can't believe that I'm finally here doing this post... telling you guys that my FTJ journey is finally over! :D

I just got a call from my wife, she just got approved!!! This is indeed one of the happiest days of my life! :D:D:D

I'll post the details soon as well as my timelines for everbody's benefit and reference.

Judex, Simala, Bisdakdreamer, Kamrans and to all those who have helped me, in one way or another, THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! My FTJ journey would have been much much more difficult if not for you guys! You guys are the best! :)

God is so good! My wife is on her way to "Baclaran" now to offer her "Thank You" prayers. I will be going home for a vacation by the end of March and will return after a few weeks... this time with my wife :)

I will still continue to drop by this thread from time to time just to see if I could be of help to anybody... just returning the favor :)

You are almost there. Please be patient and you will get it soon.

Good Luck

For (Name of Child)
Signature and Date

As of 01Mar08:
Adult = Php7,488.65
Child = Php6,340.65

I answered you in the private message. Please write to the message board here unless its too personal so that others can take the benefit of it.

Good Luck

Hello,

Thank you!

Well we need to know about your friend's spouse status. If it was H1 then why other partner didnt get H4.
Your story is bit confusing. Please let us know the details and we will answer you.

Good Luck.

My freind got married about 3 years ago while his wife was here on a working visa.Since then she had to return to Mexico and has been denied to come back to the states.This has been going on for about a year now.She is now pregnant with his child and needs to be pointed in the right direction.They have denied all his hardship paperwork and only has about 2 weeks left before the case is history.He has to have paperwork sent out by March 8th.He needs help<like I said they have already been married for three years(which the wedding was here in the states).Can anyone help?????

We almost have the same timelines, I got married last June 07 too and submitted I-824 for my wife as soon as I got my GC last Oct 07. My wife's FTJ case has already been approved last March 10... but my I-824 is still pending!

Contact or inquire from your local embassy if you can already initiate a FTJ case without waiting for I-824 to be approved. This is allowed in the US embassy in Manila and this was the most important thing that I learned from this thread. That piece of information really saved me months, if not years of waiting. I would still be here waiting for the I-824 approval and my wife's FTJ case wouldn't have begun yet, if I haven't known. That's why I'm really thankful for this thread. :)

Try to back read a few pages and look for my posts. It might answer some questions you might or will have along the way. Goodluck! :)

Hello,

Thank you!

Hi all,
I'm new in this thread,got PR 25th July '07,FTJ RD 20th Aug'o7 at NSC,priority date 28th Nov'05(EB3 -India,Schedule A),spouse and son had interview in Kolkata consulate for visitor visa,got approved.My question is when they will be here in USA,if priority dates get current,can they apply for AOS? Or they have to go back to home country? Itried several times to contact Mumbai consulate by email/phone ,no answer.I am getting inspired after reading others experience here.If any one can answer me,I'll appreciate that.

I-824 is for consulate processing. If you want to follow that route you need to go back and get it stamp there and this will be the quick route.
Filing 485 and getting the status adjusted here will have its own complications like name check inside USA and the process and the timeline they follow in specific service centers.
I would recommend you to go back and get it stamp there as you already have approved I-824 and it will be easy and fast for you.

Good Luck.

Hi all,
I'm new in this thread,got PR 25th July '07,FTJ RD 20th Aug'o7 at NSC,priority date 28th Nov'05(EB3 -India,Schedule A),spouse and son had interview in Kolkata consulate for visitor visa,got approved.My question is when they will be here in USA,if priority dates get current,can they apply for AOS? Or they have to go back to home country? Itried several times to contact Mumbai consulate by email/phone ,no answer.I am getting inspired after reading others experience here.If any one can answer me,I'll appreciate that.

Interview Scheduling Question

Hi all:

We already got our I-824 approval and case number from Montreal consulate(wife is turkish and canadian).
We sent the form that says we have all the documents towards the end of September. We are still waiting for the interview scheduling.

Any insights on how long the wait is for the recent cases would be helpful for us.

Priority date that came with the case # is 15 January 2007.

Thanks.

- Arda

Kamrans,
Thank you for your advice,really you are always there for everyone.
Today I came to know that my family got visitors visa only for 1.5 months,Kolkata consulate issued it 0n 19th March,expiration date 18th June'08,but they mentioned May-June just below the word Annotation,why it is so? Does it mean they cannot enter USA before May?
I-824 is for my spouse and son,that still not approved,and Mumbai consulate is not responding ,I just wanted to know I should send any documentations regarding I-824 to creat a case number or not?
Thank you again for your informative answers.
Memsaheb

Friend,

Dont worry and be confident.We went thru this for 2 years and we can really feel the pain of it.

Consulate will not send the packet 4 untill the interview date has been sceduled.When your date become current they automatically mail u the packet 4 to the address on file in india.So dont expect the packet 4 untill ur PD is current .I am from chennai and we went thru this few months back.

Mean while make sure u have all the docs ready which u checked as part of interview ready ness form.

If u havent mailed the packet 3 and interview ready ness form mail it as soon as can.

Good Luck
RM

thank u for the info rm! I am scared when I will get my PD current? I am worried if it takes more than a yr, don't know what to say to the family? I really wish to come soon,. I already sent interview readiness form. Waiting for Packet 4...:confused:

Expiration date of June 18th means that they have to avail this visa before June 18th. They cannot come after June 18th. The duration of the stay is irrelevant here because when u go to immigration the US immigration officer will assign you the length of your stay. It may be 3 months but maximum would be 6 months.
If the principal's Green card is approved then you can try to open up a case with the consulte. It all depends on the consulate. I think Consulates in India are much lineant and you will get it soon if the visa numbers are available.

Good Luck.

Kamrans,
Thank you for your advice,really you are always there for everyone.
Today I came to know that my family got visitors visa only for 1.5 months,Kolkata consulate issued it 0n 19th March,expiration date 18th June'08,but they mentioned May-June just below the word Annotation,why it is so? Does it mean they cannot enter USA before May?
I-824 is for my spouse and son,that still not approved,and Mumbai consulate is not responding ,I just wanted to know I should send any documentations regarding I-824 to creat a case number or not?
Thank you again for your informative answers.
Memsaheb

Status
Not open for further replies.