Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specify Chennai Consulate if she live in Hyderabad.

Retrogression its difficult to Predict How long. it all depends on How the dates move in the next 2 months. There shouldn't be many cased left prior to April 2001. keep an on eye on the Visa bulletins every month.

Thanq so much for the info rammy.

So I don't give any information of my wife anywhere in the I-824 form??? Is that right? And in part 2, select option C and specify chennai???(as she lives in Hyderabad).

Thanks for all ur input. U made my day so far...

so how long approx. do u think b4 she can enter USA????

Yes this is true. You can file I-824 and get it approved too but you will not be able to get the visa as your PD is not current. You need to watch the visa bulletins. With the present prevailing problems and the trend I have seen couple of years I would say it will take at least a year to cross 2001. I am not sure whats going to happen when they release cases from BEC.

Good Luck.

This is what I got from my attorney:
As I mentioned previously a follow to join petition can be filed for your spouse. However, after reviewing your case with our main immigration attorney she indicated that your wife will be subject to the current retrogression of green cards. Due to the fact that you received your green card on the basis of an EB-3 preference category and India being the country of birth, current retrogression is listed as 22-Apr-01. That would indicate that green cards would not be available for another six years.

Based on the above it will be years before your wife can enter the U.S. based on your green card status. She may be able to enter of her own accord if she can find a U.S. employer willing to sponsor her and then wait for H-1B’s to become available in October of 2008. The only other alternative to get her in the country now might be as a student enrolled at a U.S. university.

Is the above true??? I just had a hope since yesterday after reading all this thread and now, I heard about the above. Please guide me...

Kamrans or Judex and etc, I need ur help please....

Finally Got it!!

My wife finally got the visa. Thanks everybody who helped me in this journey. I will be here from time to time to help others.

Good Luck.

Congrats Kamrans God Is Great

My wife finally got the visa. Thanks everybody who helped me in this journey. I will be here from time to time to help others.

Good Luck.

Kamans many many congrats.Finally the wait is over.I know u since last 3 years on this forum and i know how much u helped all of us with ur valuable suggestions.Congarts again ...We are happy for you kamrans ......

RM

Congrats!!!

congrats kamrans...

the long wait if over for you... i'm very happy for you... i can feel your happiness...

god bless...

Good Luck.

Amen, thanks God for answered prayers!

Give my congratulations to your wife, Kamrans! In behalf of everyone here in this thread,, we give thanks and praise GOD for answering your most ardent prayers!

We rejoice with you in this recent update of your case! Godbless you and family! Definitely, you deserve this, its a new beginning for you and your wife!

For me, I will be going home to visit my family soon! If they can't follow me this time, I will be the one to visit them, let us just continue to pray for one another! Amen!

Simala2006

Good Luck.

Finally my wife recieved her passport today with immigrant visa on it. The long waiting is over. I am really happy for Karmans too.
God bless u all

Congrats, Kamrans!!!

Good Luck.

Congratulations, Kamrans! Just like everyone else in this forum we are very happy for you. Finally, your dream is now a reality. It may have been a long and difficult one but you had been a guide and inspiration to many of us. Despite the dark way you treaded, you had been our beacon of light. I am so happy for you my friend. May God continue to bless your kind heart and generous mind! Take care!:)

Simala: Hang in there! Our prayers are with you.

Give my congratulations to your wife, Kamrans! In behalf of everyone here in this thread,, we give thanks and praise GOD for answering your most ardent prayers!

We rejoice with you in this recent update of your case! Godbless you and family! Definitely, you deserve this, its a new beginning for you and your wife!

For me, I will be going home to visit my family soon! If they can't follow me this time, I will be the one to visit them, let us just continue to pray for one another! Amen!

Simala2006

Hi Simala,
Hang in there! My prayers are with you. Although, we are already here starting to live our American dream, I continue to pray for you and your family. Im sure everything is according to HIS plan and HIS time. Have fun going home, my friend. I already miss HOME!!!!

Say hi to Sto Nino for me. I miss seeing him every Friday:)

I hope somebody can help me

I am an asylee who will be applying for GC in Jan 2008. The problem I am facing is my fiancee is in my Country of Persecution(COP). I am intending to get married to her here in the U.S. and she would go back to COP. After I get approved for GC, I am intending to do a Follow-to-Join. Anybody have any experience with this? I was reading and many of them have done this successfully where the spouse are getting their GC within months of arriving here. Some people are also telling me that I cannot do a Follow-to-Join because I am an asylee.

Pros please chime in with your experience and knowledge.

Hi Gurus
Can some one enlighten me regarding the follow to join case.
I applied for my wife and son threw I864 which eventually got approved. In a week time
my wife got DS230 Part 1 from Chennai Embassy , asked to fill and send back to Embassy. When I contacted my lawyer, he said let your wife sign and bring the DS230 here, so we can send it to NVS.
How does it work. Is my lawyer right.

Thank you so much for your prayers bisdakdreamer!

Yeah, I will! My plan is to get a video coverage for the novena masses and procession by January! That will be something to keep! If I can't visit the succeeding years, then I can just replay it...

I truly believe that all things are under God's control! I fully put my trust and hope in GOD! He is worthy to be praised always! Let His will be done!!

Let us continue to wait and see for His miracles coming our way!

Godbless us all!
Simala2006

Hi Simala,
Hang in there! My prayers are with you. Although, we are already here starting to live our American dream, I continue to pray for you and your family. Im sure everything is according to HIS plan and HIS time. Have fun going home, my friend. I already miss HOME!!!!

Say hi to Sto Nino for me. I miss seeing him every Friday:)

You have to fill and send the DS230 to the embassy follow to Join cases are dealt at the embassy. As soon as you send them to Chennai Consulate they will create a Case and assign you an Interview date if your PD is current. I don't think NVC has anything to do with Follow to Join.
By the way is it I824 or I864 you are talking about?

Hi Gurus
Can some one enlighten me regarding the follow to join case.
I applied for my wife and son threw I864 which eventually got approved. In a week time
my wife got DS230 Part 1 from Chennai Embassy , asked to fill and send back to Embassy. When I contacted my lawyer, he said let your wife sign and bring the DS230 here, so we can send it to NVS.
How does it work. Is my lawyer right.

I did apply 824 to Texas Service Center yesterday. Do I need to wait until I get the receipt notice? Or Can I contact Chennai Embassy??? I am going to India during last week of Oct. Is permanent Resident card is Greencard? Do I need to show this while I go thru immigration? can I go Chennai consulate while my stay in India for my spouse(follow-to-join)? My priority date is June 2003.

Please guide me...

a tip to H1_forever / Ques to kamrans,rm,rammy,usnycys and all

hello H1_forever,

you may want to check my previous posts ... kamrans, rm101, rammy, usnycus and few others know wot happened to my situation well .... but the situation or happening was not a good one .....
I WAS IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT !!!!!! please read below ...
i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ......

please read my post ....(unlike booshan mentioned ...... my case was thru vermont .... and also ... i am thru employment based gc guy ...... also .... the date gap btw GC and 485 was 5 and HALF month !!!!!!!!! which i did not hear from anybody .... including sheela murthy was shocked when i talked to her after all these things happen.....)

i will try checking this forum again and try to reply ur questions ..... but i am in the verge of quiet a many things over here.... but i wanted to write this to you .... pleaes check my previous few forums fromt he recent date ... which might of some help to you !!!!

now on oct 15th.... i have arranged a Visitor visa interview for my wife ..... with very less hopes (since i am sponsoring my spouse !!!!! for visitor visa !!! i have not heard anybody getting it before though.....)......

IF KAMRANS, RM, RAMMY, USNUCYS READ THIS POST UNTIL HERE...... PLEASE GUYS ! I GOT A QUESTION TO YOU AND ALL :

Some how - could be my mistake - my wifes visitor visa interview was set on HINDI language .... my wife cannot speak hindi ..... now if we ask to change it to english .... they are saying NO .... and asking us to cancel and rebook the appointment ..... in which neither me nor my wife is intersted ....

meaning ..... i am packing my stuffs to go to india in end of october.... i even gave aparment notice and stuffs .... anwyay......now question is

do you guys think ...... she can go to the interview panel and talk in english ????

Thanks in advance for your answers guys !!!!

KAMRANS !!! A HUGE CONGRATS FOR THE GOOD-GOING AT YOUR WIFES IMMIGRATION THING.... I DID NOT EVEN READ YOUR POST.... I READ SOMEBODY ELSES CONGRATULATING YOU ...... and so I.

Bhooshan, thanks for the response. I spoke to USCIS representative and she also asked me to apply I-90 for the change to GC. Am planning on I-551 stamp before I send it in just to be safe.

Mega,
We are very sorry for all that has happened to you.We all were together and u are the only one missed out.But mega one thing this is this is not the end definetly u will come back US (God is always there) be confident and give the confidence to ur wife.
h
There will be no problem if she can speak in englis.We can always tell that she can speak english just to be more confident u have choosen hindi.

Wish u good luck mega

God always opens one door when he close other door ....do remeber my words ....our prayers and blessings are always with you ,

Thanks,
RM101

hello H1_forever,

you may want to check my previous posts ... kamrans, rm101, rammy, usnycus and few others know wot happened to my situation well .... but the situation or happening was not a good one .....
i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ...... please read my post ....(unlike booshan mentioned ...... my case was thru vermont .... and also ... i am thru employment based gc guy ...... also .... the date gap btw GC and 485 was 5 and HALF month !!!!!!!!! which i did not hear from anybody .... including sheela murthy was shocked when i talked to her after all these things happen.....)

i will try checking this forum again and try to reply ur questions ..... but i am in the verge of quiet a many things over here.... but i wanted to write this to you .... pleaes check my previous few forums fromt he recent date ... which might of some help to you !!!!

now on oct 15th.... i have arranged a Visitor visa interview for my wife ..... with very less hopes (since i am sponsoring my spouse !!!!! for visitor visa !!! i have not heard anybody getting it before though.....)......

IF KAMRANS, RM, RAMMY, USNUCYS READ THIS POST UNTIL HERE...... PLEASE GUYS ! I GOT A QUESTION TO YOU AND ALL :

Some how - could be my mistake - my wifes visitor visa interview was set on HINDI language .... my wife cannot speak hindi ..... now if we ask to change it to english .... they are saying NO .... and asking us to cancel and rebook the appointment ..... in which neither me nor my wife is intersted ....

meaning ..... i am packing my stuffs to go to india in end of october.... i even gave aparment notice and stuffs .... anwyay......now question is

do you guys think ...... she can go to the interview panel and talk in english ????

KAMRANS !!! A HUGE CONGRATS FOR THE GOOD-GOING AT YOUR WIFES IMMIGRATION THING.... I DID NOT EVEN READ YOUR POST.... I READ SOMEBODY ELSES CONGRATULATING YOU ...... and so I.

Thanks a lot RM and all other good hearts !

by the way - i resolved this current issue .... by cancelling the appointment and getting a new interview appointment in ENGLISH just sometime back .... i got it for the next day itself ..... i got this tip from one of my close buddy ....

anyway, thanks all

Mega,
We are very sorry for all that has happened to you.We all were together and u are the only one missed out.But mega one thing this is this is not the end definetly u will come back US (God is always there) be confident and give the confidence to ur wife.
h
There will be no problem if she can speak in englis.We can always tell that she can speak english just to be more confident u have choosen hindi.

Wish u good luck mega

God always opens one door when he close other door ....do remeber my words ....our prayers and blessings are always with you ,

Thanks,
RM101

Sorry to hear abt ur case mega0071 and congratulation for Kamrans.... though I am new, I pretty much went thru all ur posts...

As informed I applied 824 to TSC last week. Also I emailed my situation to chennai consulate stating the follow up for my condition. I got the following response and thought to share with u all:

For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal applicant’s Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We do not have any information on your case.

To process the case further, please send the following certified (attorney or notary) copies to our office.

1. Copy of I-797c of approved I-824 or Copy of I-797c of approved I-140;

2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both sides);

3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of admission as Legal

Permanent Resident.

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and DS-230 Part I. And you may mail them to us.

mega,

I wish You good Luck.
People at the consulate are most of the time very friendly and she wont have any problem if she wants to get interviewed in English.

Most of the people who start the process initially are not understanding the fact how small things make a big difference in the process.

Guys what I advice is don't get desperate about your situation. There is no way of speeding up things or getting things done faster.
Resign to the fact that it will take time, and pay more attention to the details before applying various forms and collecting information needed.
Our desperation in no way will speedup the process. Its very unfortunate that
we are all going through this situation but, be patient and have faith and things will happen.

The main reasons why F2J will get delayed is
1) Your priority Date and EB Category.
2) The Delay in getting I824 approved.
3) The Delay at Consulate in Setting up Appointments. again this delay depends on us sending the documents in a timely manner, availability of visa numbers and Appointments at the particular Consulate.

Rammy.

hello H1_forever,

i dont want to make you worry ..... but my posting might give you idea wot cud happen also ....... my wifes immigrant visa was denied in the ftj interview in chennai consulate...... after waiting 2.5 yrs.... just bcoz my gc 'residence since' date was earlier than my wedding date..... though my 485 approval NOTICE date was after my wedding date ..... i mean to say that... I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MY GC APPROVAL AFTER MY WEDDING ONLY .... but somehow the gc was approved before my wedding and thats what they WOULD COUNT ACCORDING TO ME !!!!!!!!!!! .... it was unforgettable pain and lot of stuck i have to encounter now .... and i am planning to go at the end of this month to india for almost good ......

please read my post ....(unlike booshan mentioned ...... my case was thru vermont .... and also ... i am thru employment based gc guy ...... also .... the date gap btw GC and 485 was 5 and HALF month !!!!!!!!! which i did not hear from anybody .... including sheela murthy was shocked when i talked to her after all these things happen.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.